Dead Space 3, Crysis 3, SimCity, Army of Two with $20 Credits @ Amazon

[quote name='Jay']Crysis 3 also has that promo.[/QUOTE]

Oh snap amazon may be getting back into the $20 pre-order credit business. I remember when it was pretty much a standard offer with all new major releases. Pretty good for those who like amazon but I'm sticking with my BB pre-order.

[quote name='Gamer4life88']Oh snap amazon may be getting back into the $20 pre-order credit business. I remember when it was pretty much a standard offer with all new major releases. Pretty good for those who like amazon but I'm sticking with my BB pre-order.[/QUOTE]
Same, 60 days to PM is hard to resist. :)

thank god. between amazon and newegg killing the preorder train in the past few months, i was worried i would never buy another new game again because i refuse to pay 2/3 of a hundred bill for a new game. now its close to half :D

[quote name='ShadowAssassin']Don't see it anywhere. Does it only pop up at checkout?[/QUOTE]

It's under special deals/offers

Order "Dead Space 3" and receive a $20 promotional credit toward the purchase of items shipped and sold by Amazon.com (certain exclusions apply, including but not limited to Kindle books, Gift Cards, and Amazon Appstore for Android apps). We will send you a promotional code via email within two days after your order ships. Offer valid when shipped and sold by Amazon.com. This offer will be extended to all existing pre-orders. Limit one per household. Amazon reserves the right to change or terminate this promotion at any time. Here's how (restrictions apply)

[quote name='htz']Same, 60 days to PM is hard to resist. :)[/QUOTE]

As much as i like this, AAA games rarely drop more than $20 in the first 2 months. At least with this amazon credit, the drop is guaranteed, so i dont have to worry about PM.

Don't get too excited; Amazon isn't doing this on their own they are just Price Matching Walmart.

Is Amazon still stupid about preorders where only one version will get the credit? Meaning if I preorder both the 360 and PS3 version of DS3 on the same account I'll only get one $20 credit?

[quote name='GBAstar']Don't get too excited; Amazon isn't doing this on their own they are just Price Matching Walmart.

Is Amazon still stupid about preorders where only one version will get the credit? Meaning if I preorder both the 360 and PS3 version of DS3 on the same account I'll only get one $20 credit?[/QUOTE]
61okBV7n0uL._SL500_SS75_.jpg
+ + Price for all three: $179.97
Some of these items ship sooner than the others. Show details

Buy the selected items together
Army of Two and Sim City are also part of the $20 promo for amazon. So yeah, you're right they are just PMing Walmart.

^ But at least they are Price Matching early and not waiting until the Thursday after release (ala Battlefield 3) essentially screwing over those that preordered early.

You know once Walmart takes down their deal, Amazon will take theirs down within 2 hours.

Gotta get that item back to regular status asap!!

Fantastic. In for Dead Space, considering SimCity.

Man, remember when almost every major game had a $20 credit? So nice to get things on release day as opposed to waiting a week or two for the $40 sale.

It also says you get the credit two days after your order ships so that's better than having to wait a month for your $20 RZ certificate like Best buy.

[quote name='Metal Militia']It also says you get the credit two days after your order ships so that's better than having to wait a month for your $20 RZ certificate like Best buy.[/QUOTE]

That is better, but if you plan on getting quite of few of the AAA games that follow DS3, then BB is the way to go. If Amazon did continue to have $20 promotional credit for every major release then Amazon wold have my money.

[quote name='gepet0']I what happened to the 99 cent release day shipping?[/QUOTE]

They dropped that last year around July.

[quote name='Revanchist']Does Amazon Post-order Price Match?[/QUOTE]

Pre-order Price Guarantee! Order now and if the Amazon.com price decreases between your order time and the end of the day of the release date, you'll receive the lowest price. Here's how (restrictions apply).

[quote name='FerDK']Pre-order Price Guarantee! Order now and if the Amazon.com price decreases between your order time and the end of the day of the release date, you'll receive the lowest price. Here's how (restrictions apply).[/QUOTE]He said Post-order, as in after the release date.

And the answer is no, not officially. If there's a price drop on an item a couple of days after being shipped to you, you might be able to get a partial refund or promo credit for the difference if you explain the situation to an Amazon CS rep, but again, Amazon doesn't officially post-PM.

It's hard to tell what post-order should mean. If you're being literal, it means after the order. Which might still be before the release date, esp in this case.

I was going to pre-order from MS Store but I'd rather have the $20 credit over the 1600 pts card that MS was offering. Probably will just put the credit towards MGS Rising

[quote name='Reraise']As much as i like this, AAA games rarely drop more than $20 in the first 2 months. At least with this amazon credit, the drop is guaranteed, so i dont have to worry about PM.[/QUOTE]

This is not right. You get $20 + the chance to PM the game to $40 at BBY.

Ordered Dead Space 3 and Crysis 3 just to send Amazon the idea that we want more of these $20 preorders.

I might not even keep the preorders thought, since I own Dead Space 1 & 2 and Crysis 1& 2 and they are still in my backlog. Will likely cancel cause I don't want my backlog to grow. That said, this is tempting. And Dead Space 3 is priced at $57.09, so that's $3 saved on top of it all. I gotta play the Dead Space 3 demo and the Crysis 3 multiplayer beta so I can try them before release date.

Damn you, Amazon. I wanted to wait till this game hit the 30 dollar price range. To my knowledge it didn't take long for the first two Dead Space games to drop in price. I need to think this over...

[quote name='yokofox33']Damn you, Amazon. I wanted to wait till this game hit the 30 dollar price range. To my knowledge it didn't take long for the first two Dead Space games to drop in price. I need to think this over...[/QUOTE]

This is exactly how I feel. Although, I'm drawn to the promo credit, I got both my Dead Space games for $10 and $15. Somehow I see myself not liking this game more than 2 since it looks way to geared towards action instead of scaring the shit out of you. Since Fire Emblem Awakening is coming out in the same week, I think I might pass on this.

[quote name='lucid734']Is this dead now?[/QUOTE]

Nope. It says right on the product page under Special Offers and Promotions. You have to scroll down a bit, past "Customers who bought this item..." Kind of an inconvenient placement but it's there.

[quote name='yokofox33']Damn you, Amazon. I wanted to wait till this game hit the 30 dollar price range. To my knowledge it didn't take long for the first two Dead Space games to drop in price. I need to think this over...[/QUOTE]

I also said the same thing, but that $20 extra promo credit is mighty tempting.. Just think of buying this game brand new for 40 bucks, while you collect 20 dollar rebate credit back.

[quote name='Vanacloud']I also said the same thing, but that $20 extra promo credit is mighty tempting.. Just think of buying this game brand new for 40 bucks, while you collect 20 dollar rebate credit back.[/QUOTE]

I feel the exact same way as the other procrastinators. DS1 and 2 dropped in price extremely fast. There was a valid argument for picking up DS2 at full price because the LE came with DS Extraction. This time, it's just suits and guns.

Knowing that DS, like all other major action titles (gears for example), tends to drop in price almost by 50% soon after release, I must hold off. The other part that convinces me to hold off is that DS1 and especially DS2 are amongst the lowest value AAA trade-in credits anywhere.

Thank you Amazon for bringing credit back even if it means matching other companies! Glad your back on board :)

Also this was $57 for awhile. So $37 for a new release isn't bad if you factor in credit you'll spend nayways.

bread's done
Back