Dead Space 3, Crysis 3, SimCity, Army of Two with $20 Credits @ Amazon

• Please log in to reply
199 replies to this topic

#91 ziomatrix

ziomatrix

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2013 - 01:49 AM

well just got a gaming capable pc so i am in for crysis 3 not i might even get sim city with the credit.

#92 tham1988

tham1988

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2013 - 02:17 AM

really wish sim city wasn't origin (or at least on ps3 like the others)

#93 bobo2k4

bobo2k4

OooSplendiforous

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2013 - 03:31 AM

Eh...think I'm going to cancel my preorder after playing the demo. Not bad at all but just too similar to the previous game. Will jump back on when price drops.
Posted Image
Props to Ozzkev for the sig.

#94 ziomatrix

ziomatrix

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2013 - 04:45 AM

Eh...think I'm going to cancel my preorder after playing the demo. Not bad at all but just too similar to the previous game. Will jump back on when price drops.

dead space? yea played the demo too and it will just be a gamefly rental for me. I like the weapon crafting aspect but its seems to be more action oriented too.

#95 Soma_Cruz

Soma_Cruz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2013 - 04:52 AM

Nice to see Amazon bringing $20 credits back. Too bad I don't want any of those games day one though.

Would be more interested to see these:
Aliens: Colonial Marines (maybe, not 100% sold)
Bioshock Infinite
The Last of Us

#96 Psychonik

Psychonik

Psychomancer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2013 - 05:16 AM

Does anyone know how the digital release of Crysis will be given? As in is it a code or put on disc?

#97 Desousa93

Desousa93

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2013 - 05:45 AM

Damn you, Amazon. I wanted to wait till this game hit the 30 dollar price range. To my knowledge it didn't take long for the first two Dead Space games to drop in price. I need to think this over...

Same here, I want that preorder edition, yet the gamble for PM is high.

#98 captpluto9465

captpluto9465

CAGalicious

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2013 - 06:32 AM

Same here, I want that preorder edition, yet the gamble for PM is high.

This one isn't very interesting to me. At least with DS2, PS3 users got Extraction with it.

#99 ShadowAssassin

ShadowAssassin

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2013 - 06:37 AM

Does anyone know how the digital release of Crysis will be given? As in is it a code or put on disc?

Code apparently.

#100 htz

htz

Posted 25 January 2013 - 06:55 AM

Based on amazon and gamestop's wording you get them via email after it is sent out.

#101 dilemna

dilemna

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2013 - 08:00 AM

Dead Space 3 is epic. I recommend the game to anybody undecided

Edited by dilemna, 05 February 2013 - 05:28 PM.

#102 Enuf

Enuf

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2013 - 09:16 AM

AAA games rarely drop more than $20 in the first 2 months.

If the game isn't worth $40 then is it really a AAA title? U maybe more of a "budget game buyer" than most & will wait longer(I assume you're clearing your backlog in the process)

So nice to get things on release day as opposed to waiting a week or two for the $40 sale.

But that's what makes the BB deal so good you get everything game day 1, largest credit amount & the $20 sale price. Basically, the end result is $40 paid w/$20 credit.

It also says you get the credit two days after your order ships so that's better than having to wait a month for your $20 RZ certificate like Best buy.

If u want instant RZ pts from BB then vote for them here it's been live for
http://forums.bestbu...uy/idi-p/547674

The 60 day PM is only valid for purchases made by RZ Silver members, correct? I thought regular purchases only had 30 days to do a post sale PM.

Still, I can't see Dead Space 3 dropping that much in just a couple months, I could be wrong I guess. The convenience of not having to go to the store on a Tuesday after work, instant $20 promo code, no tax, getting the game delivered to me on release day (I have Prime), AND getting Amazon exclusive dlc that I can sell on eBay a couple months down the road and make some of my money back, makes Amazon the winner for me.

I love Best Buy, but I've had terrible luck in the past with the $20 back promos.

Silver can be achieved easily, DS3 will be $40 w/i 30 days just look at the # of releases Feb/March, vote in the above link for instant RZ pts, tax is $3-$4 vs $10-$20 back via pm(I see you've had issues though)
make 1 trip into BB & do all your pre-orders($50 will cover 10 games) then order them online once u get all the $20 promos get a refund or move the $50 to cover your next 10 games.

This year the spring/summer lineup is huge so we should be seeing a lot of sales/price match opportunities.

Amazon is more convenient, but Best Buy is the better deal.

perfectly stated

actually this deal is better for pc gamers, since bestbuy does not offer $20 to pc

Vote here to chancge that
PC gamers
http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Best-Buy-IdeaX/Past-Due-Show-Love-for-PC-Gamers/idi-p/528964

Damn Amazon. Really wanted to wait for Crysis 3, to go down but that's to good of a deal to pass up. Too bad Bestbuy doesn't offer $20 for PC because I have no doubt this will go down within 90 days.

Vote in the above link to get PC versions added to all GC/GCU promos going forward

I wish best buy 20 dollars promo applied to PC, but I had to go with the 360 version.

This is a good deal for amazon customers

Vote in the above link to get PC versions added to all GC/GCU promos going forward

#103 Enuf

Enuf

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2013 - 09:30 AM

?
How long do the $20 credit offers show on AMZ? This could come in handy to get a day one $40 pm @ BB since they will just take the $20 off the $60. They may still "charge" me $20 for a BB giftcard but it's just like cash anyways.

#104 dskillzhtown

dskillzhtown

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2013 - 02:37 PM

I am not seeing the $20 credit with the PC Download or am I seeing it wrong? I guess it is worth it to get the $20. But digital downloads are more convenient.

#105 cgarb84

cgarb84

KEAK HEEM IN DA BALLS!!!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2013 - 04:44 PM

Thanks OP! SimCity for $40 was too good to pass up. Now I just need to decide on Crysis 3, I might have to do it as well seeing as how it will never go on sale on Steam.
Posted Image

Posted Image
Posted Image

#106 paperchu

paperchu

Posted 25 January 2013 - 06:45 PM

I may just be missing something but what happened to free release day shipping?

#107 bg88

bg88

Michael Mann fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2013 - 07:40 PM

Thank you OP. I'm definitely going to cancel my Origin SimCity preorder and switch to Amazon.
Hmm.....I had convinced myself that I was going to avoid Crysis 3 at launch.:twoguns:
Posted Image

#108 Lyricsborn

Lyricsborn

CAG of the Year

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2013 - 09:31 PM

There's a new Army of Two game ? Boy, have I been living under a rock.
Posted Image Who cares about these invisible things?

Alright kids the worlds ending, back on the bus.

#109 Nightfury

Nightfury

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2013 - 12:06 AM

Preordered Crysis 3 and Army of Two. My bro is getting Dead Space 3. Crysis 3 coming with the original Crysis game is great since I've never played the series. Just gotta get Crysis 2 from a local used store.

#110 TheFirstAvenger

TheFirstAvenger

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 26 January 2013 - 12:10 AM

I'm going to wait on Dead Space 3. I'm kinda hoping they'll release a trilogy collection sometime later in the year for around $40.

Hoping they'll also offer $20 credit with Tomb Raider, I feel like I'm the only one really excited for it.

#111 Psychonik

Psychonik

Psychomancer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2013 - 04:04 PM

Sweet I really hope it's a code being as I already have Crysis 1 bought and downloaded on my PS3. I wasn't going to get Crysis 3 at launch but hell a limited edition, 20 dollar credit, a preorder bonus weapon, and a digital code I can sell is a pretty damn good deal to me. Too bad it comes out the same day as the new Hakuoki game though now I can't use my 20 code on it But I had 27 dollars in pts and gift cards so I got them both with a filter for my cat water fountain for just 67 bucks. Game of Thrones Season 2 comes out that Tuesday as well, but I'm getting that from Best Buy if they have the exclusive packaging again.

#112 EdgeCrusher36

EdgeCrusher36

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2013 - 04:06 PM

Preordered Simcity and got the beta key, and after playing it, definitely keeping my preorder. Loved it! Thanks op.

#113 blume3

blume3

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2013 - 04:17 PM

getting my Dead Space 3 @ BB for the $20 gift certificate with rewards zone.

2ibzq5d.jpg

#114 ShadowAssassin

ShadowAssassin

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2013 - 11:03 PM

I usually prefer Gamestop's pre-orders, but lately Amazon has been trashing them. Amazon has an artbook for Tomb Raider, they have the $20 credits.

The only thing Gamestop has on them right now is the Metal Gear Rising pre-order bonus.

#115 Ribbercage

Ribbercage

BEST GAME OF ALL TIME !

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2013 - 11:40 AM

Thanks for the post I just preordered Dead Space 3, basically 20 bucks off since I do a ton of shopping on Amazon. Thanks Again

#116 NightCat

NightCat

Backtoad_Overload

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2013 - 04:24 PM

I want DS3 but i see it being cheap fast from all the hate i see. I want the preorder bonus will it be for sale on dash later or be exclusive?

I have it preordered on newegg for 45 shipped as well but amazon i pay ny tax..

#117 Tygamr

Tygamr

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2013 - 04:41 PM

I want DS3 but i see it being cheap fast from all the hate i see. I want the preorder bonus will it be for sale on dash later or be exclusive?

I have it preordered on newegg for 45 shipped as well but amazon i pay ny tax..

There are retailer exclusive bonuses (all it is, is just a single item- i.e. GameStop's exclusive is a gun), in addition to bonuses you get when pre-ordering by default. The vanilla bonuses for pre-ordering come inside the game package, as they come with the Limited Edition (you're guaranteed to get the LE if you pre-order). If it's anything like other EA LEs, you should be able to find it a few months after the game has been out.

#118 NightCat

NightCat

Backtoad_Overload

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2013 - 04:48 PM

There are retailer exclusive bonuses (all it is, is just a single item- i.e. GameStop's exclusive is a gun), in addition to bonuses you get when pre-ordering by default. The vanilla bonuses for pre-ordering come inside the game package, as they come with the Limited Edition (you're guaranteed to get the LE if you pre-order). If it's anything like other EA LEs, you should be able to find it a few months after the game has been out.

I mean if amazon exclusive stuff will hit xbox marketplace later down the road. I want the tesla weapon and outfits but if i buy day one i prob get from newegg for 45 shipped. That $15 off long ago ruled and i mass preordered stuff just in case. I loved DS1 and paid ebay prices for all dlc and long after hit xbox market.

#119 Platinumstorm

Platinumstorm

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2013 - 07:27 PM

I'd probably jump in on Dead Space 3 if it were $50 + the bonus on PC. I've purchased both Dead Space games for less than $10.

#120 FlyingMonkey9

FlyingMonkey9

Genetically Modified CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2013 - 07:41 PM

I just cant see why I should buy on release on Amazon when they offer NO price protection like Best Buy.