Photo
- - - - -

what gifts do men want for valentine's day?

• Please log in to reply
69 replies to this topic

#31 WeaponX2099

WeaponX2099

Random Access Memories

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 January 2013 - 10:26 PM

I like the idea of a concert

#32 sp00ge

sp00ge

Fluggaenkoecchicebolsen!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 January 2013 - 11:37 PM

Also, BJ & a steak.

Valentine's Day is for the ladies to be pampered. March 14th is the guy's turn.

Bored? Too much money than you know what to do with? Why not check out my Amazon Storefront? If you see anything you want, send me a PM! Make an offer, either monetary or trade! Over 2000 items, and more added daily!

#33 4thHorseman

4thHorseman

The New God

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2013 - 12:31 AM

Wife and I are treating it like just another date night, and im perfectly fine with that.

#34 Confucius

Confucius

Yeah I fixed it

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2013 - 03:18 AM

My perfect valentine's day gift would be for you to treat it like any other day.

Ees7Y.jpg

I'm 100% shocked that books still exist in today's day and age. I thought they'd be out by now. They make up like 1% of today's entertainment and unless you're 60 or older, stray away from books and start emersing yourself with real entertainment.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Codes for Free / Codes for Trade

#35 parKer

parKer

CheapyT fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2013 - 01:36 PM

My boyfriend and I don't go to restaurants for Valentine's because they're so busy and there's often cheesy menu themes and so-so food pairings at inflated prices in our area. Plus, for us, there's something unspecial about sharing that evening with hundreds of other couples. He always asks me to cook so that means I will be standing outside in the cold, yes, grilling steak.

His birthday and Christmas is when I get the thoughtful stuff. Valentine's is when I go more practical. Some previous gifts: running shoes, wallet, sunglasses, a roller carry-on (he used to travel a lot), magazine subscriptions, shaving gear (straight razor and brush), paid for a day of golf for him and his 3 BFFs at his favorite course, and clothes. This year, I'll be paying for one of his marathon registrations.

One year was a fail though. Got him a Wine of the Month Club membership. We ended up re-gifting a majority of the bottles. :lol:

26.2 | 13.1

:ps3: GTA V
:ps3: Saints Row 3
:ps3: PS+

#36 irideabike

irideabike

Posted 25 January 2013 - 04:40 PM

jeez, what kind of guy makes his girlfriend grill for him on valentines day.
There are no shortcuts. No do-overs. What happened, happened. Trust me. I know. All of this matters.

Gentleman's League Record:
Season 1: 7-9 Missed Playoffs
Season 2: 18-1 Superbowl Champs

#37 munch

munch

la tête de CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2013 - 04:53 PM

Bj

#38 elessar123

elessar123

96.5% more WUB WUB

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2013 - 05:14 PM

Nothing.

#39 Javery

Javery

Drug-Dealer-Keeper-Awayer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2013 - 05:21 PM

Nothing for me. I'll usually buy my wife a card and have the kids sign it. I can't remember the last time I actually got anything though.

--- Bella's Arcade --- Donkey Kong + ---

#40 Dark_Sage

Dark_Sage

Posted 25 January 2013 - 06:21 PM

Based on my experience with anime, you should dress up like a Japanese schoolgirl and give him shitty homemade chocolates made with like fish paste or something.

#41 eldergamer

eldergamer

Gold Star For Robot Boy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2013 - 06:26 PM

Let's see. It's a Thursday this year. I have to work. And she has class on Friday. So probably little to nothing the actualy day. (I usually have flowers delivered, although that's feeling a little "old hat")

Maybe go out that weekend? But then I keep adding up the cost of the dinner ($100), sitter ($30), etc, etc.
And then by the time we get home. If it was a big meal or full of rich food often our stomachs or the other end are too upset to get down with any sexy time.

MC-2SD-Out.png<

#42 Number83

Number83

¡oɹq 'ʎɹoʇs ןooɔ

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2013 - 07:20 PM

Personally, Mrs. Number83 and I treat Valentines Day like any other day. We established that when we were dating...it's a long story.

Anywhoo, in my opinion, some of the best gifts are the simple, quirky ones. You know your BF's interests better than we do, so start with what you know. Does he like sweet or salty snacks? Home made Gift Basket. How dirty does his pick-up truck get (Sorry, had to take a shot at you ATL peeps ;))? Get him some gift certs to the car wash or pay for a detail.

If you want to play on the naughty side, a home made coupon book for some of the intimate things you like to do together...after all it should be about the BOTH of you.

One of the funnest (YES FUNNEST!) gifts Mrs. Number83 got me (not even on V-Day) was Gift Certs for Victoria Secrets and Hooters...she let me eat wings, stare at very well endowed women (while making fun of me beacuse I 'was never gonna get it') and then we went shopping together. She did however spend the VS gift card on Flannel PJ's...she could have done better. I think it was more for her anyway. But that was cool...it made us both happy.

Good Luck, Gwen. Nice to see things picking up for ya! Let us know how you made out!

550797.png

signature-bar-white.gif

Grammar: The difference between knowing your sh*t and knowing you're sh*t.

#43 Clak

Clak

Made of star stuff.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2013 - 07:23 PM

Very smart woman, got a gift for herself and somehow convinced you it was for you. ;)
Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that. -George Carlin

“Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.” -Mark Twain

“When a great genius appears in the world you may know him by this sign; that the dunces are all in confederacy against him." -Jonathon Swift

#44 Number83

Number83

¡oɹq 'ʎɹoʇs ןooɔ

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2013 - 07:26 PM

Very smart woman, got a gift for herself and somehow convinced you it was for you. ;)

Yeah...she's like that. :D

But I had wings...WINGS!!!!

550797.png

signature-bar-white.gif

Grammar: The difference between knowing your sh*t and knowing you're sh*t.

#45 metaphysicalstyles

metaphysicalstyles

Boo this man.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2013 - 07:33 PM

The wife and I don't celebrate valentines day. We also never exchange greeting cards unless they're handmade. When we were dating, we tried to celebrate valentines day by booking a honeymoon suite at a hotel that had a fancy restaurant. She had picked out some super-slutty lingerie, and an obvious plan was in place. So we went to the hotel, sat at the bar, and drank for three hours. Good conversation... and when things started to pick-up, we headed back to our room. Somewhere between the bar and the fifth story suite, we realized we were super drunk. Six steps into the room and I was passed out half-slumped over the side of the bed. She didn't make it to the bed... as she stopped and barfed in the in-room jacuzzi tub. Never did get a chance to see her in her get-up.
Posted Imagehttp://www.yourgamercards.net/profile/neuroned%27Posted Image

#46 MisterModest

MisterModest

Custom User Title

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2013 - 08:25 PM

Rimjob.

#47 detectiveconan16

detectiveconan16

Look at that deal. It's so great!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2013 - 08:50 PM

I think the better question is what do men want the day or week after Valentine's Day. Cheap and delicious chocolate!!!

Braving the pillow gauntlet.

Posted Image

#48 The Crotch

The Crotch

I was famous and I was powerful.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2013 - 09:31 PM

Posted Image

Posted Image

I'm not a big drinker or anything, but that works on me pretty well.

Posted Image

#49 Mixer23

Mixer23

I was the Turkey!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2013 - 10:39 PM

Honestly, (and am I really the first to mention this?)I prefer any gift to just be a video game. Valentines, Birthday, Christmas or whatever. It's my favorite thing to do(with reading at a close second), so anytime the wife gets me a new game then I'm happy.

The articles I read seem to conjure up these images of Capcom executives sitting in a dark room with a cauldron and cackling about how no one will be able to buy this game used.

Do you really think I could start a fast food restaurant called McDonaldz and use the golden arches as my logo and get away with it?

#50 parKer

parKer

CheapyT fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2013 - 01:08 AM

Nothing for me. I'll usually buy my wife a card and have the kids sign it. I can't remember the last time I actually got anything though.

Forge a kid's signature. "I love you, Mommy. Daddy loves you, too. He would also love [insert wish]."

jeez, what kind of guy makes his girlfriend grill for him on valentines day.

One who loves his girlfriend's cooking? :lol:

Believe me, he doesn't "make" me do it. I like cooking for him. Besides, he tends to go all out with Valentine's gifts more than I do. I should be grilling steak more often to even things out.

26.2 | 13.1

:ps3: GTA V
:ps3: Saints Row 3
:ps3: PS+

#51 guinaevere

guinaevere

plays well with others

• Super Moderators

Posted 26 January 2013 - 01:09 AM

Someone get Mrs 83 a sammich!

I think the better question is what do men want the day or week after Valentine's Day. Cheap and delicious chocolate!!!

Ha, you know my honey too well. Though he still thinks it's 1988 when the day after everything is 25¢.

Metaphysics, I like the idea of only doing hand-made cards. That's such a brilliant way of truly expressing yourself but also not allowing it to be a wholly commercial event.

Thanks guys, for your honesty. it's more important that I don't get an idea of what to get for Cyric, but what will mean a lot to him at any time of year. Keep all the posts coming. They're all helpful and fun to read.
gwensigol8.png

#52 GamerDude316

GamerDude316

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2013 - 02:17 AM

Personally, I dont like Valentines Day much at all because it feels like such a commercial holiday. My girlfriend and I (about 2 years) are more the type to pick up occasional gifts for each other at random points during the year, after one of us has had a long day at work, etc. Last week my girlfriend bought me a Reese's when I saw her after work just because she knew it had been a long week and I love Reese's. Its such a simple and inexpensive gift (under $1) but because she knows me so well its a very loving gesture. Simple things like that are far better for me than some extravagant gift.

That said, some ideas:

-One of his favorite shows on Blu-Ray (that hes been holding off on buying himself)
-Quirky collectible for one of favorite shows, movies, comics, etc
-Homecooked dinner (or you treat him to takeout. But dont go out to dinner because restaurants get so crowded and neither of you will really enjoy yourselves)

#53 MusicNoteLess

MusicNoteLess

Posted 26 January 2013 - 02:32 AM

For me it would probably be beer. If she can get me some Pliny that would do it.

And sex.

#54 crystalklear64

crystalklear64

Posted 26 January 2013 - 02:42 AM

Share some of those chocolates pls.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#55 jza1218

jza1218

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2013 - 06:10 AM

Not sure why everyone goes crazy over presents for VD...

Are we doing presents for giving diseases now? Is that how things work? I can never tell any more.

#56 ITDEFX

ITDEFX

Missed out on the Great Walmart glitch of 11/6 due to FLAT TIRE

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2013 - 06:21 AM

agh...I don't want anything for VD. It's a time where restaurants charge more for shit than usual. Stay away from places like the melting pot.

#57 sp00ge

sp00ge

Fluggaenkoecchicebolsen!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2013 - 01:25 PM

Are we doing presents for giving diseases now? Is that how things work? I can never tell any more.

It's more of an apology than a gift. The VD was the "gift."

Bored? Too much money than you know what to do with? Why not check out my Amazon Storefront? If you see anything you want, send me a PM! Make an offer, either monetary or trade! Over 2000 items, and more added daily!

#58 DNukem170

DNukem170

Dance like you want to win, Gundam!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2013 - 09:51 PM

Based on my experience with anime, you should dress up like a Japanese schoolgirl and give him shitty homemade chocolates made with like fish paste or something.

Nonono, it is BEAN paste shaped like a fish.

#59 guinaevere

guinaevere

plays well with others

• Super Moderators

Posted 26 January 2013 - 11:43 PM

you last few are fired. get back to answering the OP's question.
gwensigol8.png

#60 skiizim

skiizim

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 January 2013 - 12:12 AM

Forget him, the only stud you need in your life is me! =P

How serious are you guys? Maybe you can turn the table and propose to him, I know it's a cliche on Valentine but for you to do it, I guarantee he will never forget Valentines day again.

Most men love peace and quiet, buy a movie, get a bottle of wine, and enjoy the night, if you really need to buy him something buy a watch to go along with this.

If you really want to mess with him tell him your pregnant.