New Egg Mid-Winter Sale Game Deals

DukeMagnem

CAGiversary!
Not OMG prices by any means, but they are on sale and they all ship for free:

Witcher 2: Assassins of the King Collector's Edition (PC)
MSRP: $99.99
Sale Price: $39.99 w/Promo Code EMCXWVS223

Batman Arkham City (PC)
MSRP: $39.99
Sale Price: $14.99

Grand Theft Auto 4 (Platinum Hits) (360)
MSRP: $19.99
Sale Price: $9.99

SSX (360)
MSRP: $27.99

ICO and Shadow of the Colossus Collection (PS3)
MSRP: $29.99
Sale Price: $16.99

Ridge Racer Unbounded (PS3)
MSRP: $49.99
Sale Price: $17.99

Tomb Raider Trilogy (PS3)
MSRP: $29.99

Deus Ex: Human Revolution (360)
MSRP: $34.99
Sale Price: $15.99

[quote name='KtMack23']Watch for them sending you greatest hits game even though they picture the black label version[/QUOTE]

This... and anything that can go in a bubble mailer will be mailed in such. If you care about your box conditions, you may want to reconsider purchasing from newegg.

It's worth noting that the Ico and SoTC collection has been this price for a while on Newegg, not sure why they're advertising it as a new sale.

[quote name='Green Card200']What is the lowest ICO & SOTC has been?[/QUOTE]
I don't remeber seeing it lower than this. I think it's always 17.99 at GS used before PUR. I got mine there for that price during the holiday b2g1. If you want new I doubt you see much better.

Got it back in Dec. for $15.99, so...not much cheaper than this.

Hmmm. If that GTA 4 was for PS3 as well, I would have gotten that. Already picked up Tomb Raider for $7.50 when Squeenix had that sale half off + free shipping.

Ico/SotC would be tempting. Thanks anyway OP. How I wish they'd do another $12 off pre-order deal again.

[quote name='shivan128']This... and anything that can go in a bubble mailer will be mailed in such. If you care about your box conditions, you may want to reconsider purchasing from newegg.[/QUOTE]

This is true, although I just ordered Valkyria Chronicles from them with free shipping and they sent it in a sizable box protected by paper and air packets.

[quote name='shivan128']This... and anything that can go in a bubble mailer will be mailed in such. If you care about your box conditions, you may want to reconsider purchasing from newegg.[/QUOTE]

QFT. I had two games in a row shipped to me that were almost completely crushed. The replacements though came in small boxes though, so I received those fine.

Thanks OP! I have been looking for Tomb Raider Trilogy on sale and this is the best I have seen so ordered it. Decent deal.

As far as sale prices go, I think it went for $14.99 during Black Friday on Amazon. I got it at GameStop for $10 with that weirdly random/rare "50% off Sony Collections" coupon. If you want to play it now, $16.99 is well worth it, imo. If it's going in your backlog, it'll probably drop to at least $15 again somewhere at some point.

Last year GS had it $10+tax after a cupon for 50% off the Sony HD Collections.

[quote name='Ceol_CAG']As far as sale prices go, I think it went for $14.99 during Black Friday on Amazon. I got it at GameStop for $10 with that weirdly random/rare "50% off Sony Collections" coupon. If you want to play it now, $16.99 is well worth it, imo. If it's going in your backlog, it'll probably drop to at least $15 again somewhere at some point.[/QUOTE]

I don't think it went that low on Amazon ever. I would have bitten on $14.99 if it was on BF on Amazon.

http://mypricetrack.com/amazon/B002I0J5FG

You should still be able to price match at Best Buy until the end of January, if that helps anyone. I'm debating picking up ICO myself.

I really want to abstain from picking up the Witcher 2 CE (PC) but I don't think I"ll find it for less then $40.

Question though: Wasn't this at one point OOS everywhere? Or am I thinking of something else? I know it's been back in stock for awhile but I thought when the game originally came out the CE was sold out everywhere (I'm not thinking of the 360 CE).... did they reprint?

[quote name='GBAstar']I really want to abstain from picking up the Witcher 2 CE (PC) but I don't think I"ll find it for less then $40.

Question though: Wasn't this at one point OOS everywhere? Or am I thinking of something else? I know it's been back in stock for awhile but I thought when the game originally came out the CE was sold out everywhere (I'm not thinking of the 360 CE).... did they reprint?[/QUOTE]

You're probably thinking of the Witcher 2 Dark Edition which was for the 360.

I'm tempted to pick up the Witcher 2 CE as well, just not sure because there's a lot of reports of things in it being broken and/or missing.

[quote name='Jon7']You're probably thinking of the Witcher 2 Dark Edition which was for the 360.

I'm tempted to pick up the Witcher 2 CE as well, just not sure because there's a lot of reports of things in it being broken and/or missing.[/QUOTE]

What? No (lol I said that I wasn't confusing the two in my post :) ).

The time frame that the two released (PC vs 360) was considerably different I know I'm not confusing the two.

I remember maybe 1.5 years ago prior to Black Friday Amazon had a big sale on Collector's Editions and it included Duke Nukem Forever BOS Edition and some other obscure CE's like Prince of Persia, Dark Souls, etc. and I thought this was included.

And I remember thinking at the time I might pick it up because prior to that it was sold out but came back in stock for the collector's edition sale.

[quote name='GBAstar']What? No (lol I said that I wasn't confusing the two in my post :) ).

The time frame that the two released (PC vs 360) was considerably different I know I'm not confusing the two.

I remember maybe 1.5 years ago prior to Black Friday Amazon had a big sale on Collector's Editions and it included Duke Nukem Forever BOS Edition and some other obscure CE's like Prince of Persia, Dark Souls, etc. and I thought this was included.

And I remember thinking at the time I might pick it up because prior to that it was sold out but came back in stock for the collector's edition sale.[/QUOTE]

Oh whoops, don't know how I skipped over you saying that. Yeah it's not readily available from any major retailers anymore, but it's not hard to find copies elsewhere. Neweggs price is definitely the lowest I've ever seen it anywhere though.

[quote name='Jon7']Oh whoops, don't know how I skipped over you saying that. Yeah it's not readily available from any major retailers anymore, but it's not hard to find copies elsewhere. Neweggs price is definitely the lowest I've ever seen it anywhere though.[/QUOTE]

Okay thanks. I don't follow PC games that much so I wasn't sure.

I wish they'd do another preorder promotion. I was hoping for a $10 off $40 deal so I could preorder Fire Emblem and Sly Cooper from them, but it doesn't look like it's going to happen.

The Witcher 2 LE was this price a few months back too. Definitely a nice LE. I grabbed a Dark Edition for 93 off eBay the other day.

[quote name='Alien Spider']QFT. I had two games in a row shipped to me that were almost completely crushed. The replacements though came in small boxes though, so I received those fine.[/QUOTE]

I've generally had pretty good luck with Newegg, but my Ni No Kuni just arrived crushed. Bubble mailers should be enough protection for DVD cases unless they're being handled carelessly.

[quote name='Odinsfury']This is true, although I just ordered Valkyria Chronicles from them with free shipping and they sent it in a sizable box protected by paper and air packets.[/QUOTE]

They didn't send my Valkyria Chronicles in a box, it was in one of those tight bubble mailers (which almost always means broken if it's a 360 game), but luckily it was safe and sound.

If that Witcher 2 CE was maybe $10 less and for 360, I'd buy it. Tempting at this price, but I'm probably going to pass.

It is part of the "buy 2 for $30" deal at Wal-Mart right now, if you can find another game you want.
Otherwise this is the cheapest I've seen it unless you count that Gamestop PUR coupon they sent out, but I'm pretty sure that was for paid members only.

bread's done
Back