New Egg Mid-Winter Sale Game Deals

• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

#31 GBAstar

GBAstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 January 2013 - 08:33 PM

You're probably thinking of the Witcher 2 Dark Edition which was for the 360.

I'm tempted to pick up the Witcher 2 CE as well, just not sure because there's a lot of reports of things in it being broken and/or missing.

What? No (lol I said that I wasn't confusing the two in my post :) ).

The time frame that the two released (PC vs 360) was considerably different I know I'm not confusing the two.

I remember maybe 1.5 years ago prior to Black Friday Amazon had a big sale on Collector's Editions and it included Duke Nukem Forever BOS Edition and some other obscure CE's like Prince of Persia, Dark Souls, etc. and I thought this was included.

And I remember thinking at the time I might pick it up because prior to that it was sold out but came back in stock for the collector's edition sale.

#32 Jon7

Jon7

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 January 2013 - 08:50 PM

What? No (lol I said that I wasn't confusing the two in my post :) ).

The time frame that the two released (PC vs 360) was considerably different I know I'm not confusing the two.

I remember maybe 1.5 years ago prior to Black Friday Amazon had a big sale on Collector's Editions and it included Duke Nukem Forever BOS Edition and some other obscure CE's like Prince of Persia, Dark Souls, etc. and I thought this was included.

And I remember thinking at the time I might pick it up because prior to that it was sold out but came back in stock for the collector's edition sale.

Oh whoops, don't know how I skipped over you saying that. Yeah it's not readily available from any major retailers anymore, but it's not hard to find copies elsewhere. Neweggs price is definitely the lowest I've ever seen it anywhere though.

#33 GBAstar

GBAstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 January 2013 - 08:57 PM

Oh whoops, don't know how I skipped over you saying that. Yeah it's not readily available from any major retailers anymore, but it's not hard to find copies elsewhere. Neweggs price is definitely the lowest I've ever seen it anywhere though.

Okay thanks. I don't follow PC games that much so I wasn't sure.

#34 Zbornak

Zbornak

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 January 2013 - 10:41 PM

I wish they'd do another preorder promotion. I was hoping for a $10 off $40 deal so I could preorder Fire Emblem and Sly Cooper from them, but it doesn't look like it's going to happen.
Posted Image

#35 lilseung

lilseung

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 January 2013 - 10:45 PM

Hmm, I'm tempted with Witcher 2..
Come check out my Trade thread!

#36 Abeja

Abeja

CAG with No Title

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 January 2013 - 10:48 PM

The Witcher 2 LE was this price a few months back too. Definitely a nice LE. I grabbed a Dark Edition for 93 off eBay the other day.

#37 IronChariot

IronChariot

CAG Deity

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2013 - 12:44 AM

QFT. I had two games in a row shipped to me that were almost completely crushed. The replacements though came in small boxes though, so I received those fine.

I've generally had pretty good luck with Newegg, but my Ni No Kuni just arrived crushed. Bubble mailers should be enough protection for DVD cases unless they're being handled carelessly.

#38 TheThoughtlessOne

TheThoughtlessOne

Blame Jon Irenicus

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2013 - 03:55 PM

This is true, although I just ordered Valkyria Chronicles from them with free shipping and they sent it in a sizable box protected by paper and air packets.

They didn't send my Valkyria Chronicles in a box, it was in one of those tight bubble mailers (which almost always means broken if it's a 360 game), but luckily it was safe and sound.

#39 Tsel

Tsel

The Dark Knight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2013 - 04:05 PM

If that Witcher 2 CE was maybe $10 less and for 360, I'd buy it. Tempting at this price, but I'm probably going to pass.

453605.png
TheTsel.png

#40 rcerboss

rcerboss

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2013 - 06:11 PM

What is the lowest ICO & SOTC has been?

It is part of the "buy 2 for $30" deal at Wal-Mart right now, if you can find another game you want.
Otherwise this is the cheapest I've seen it unless you count that Gamestop PUR coupon they sent out, but I'm pretty sure that was for paid members only.
http://backloggery.c...p?user=rcerboss
Interested in trading Steam Games. I have extra keys for Ship, Machinarium, Sword and Sworcery, Cave Story +, and more Desura games tha I can list ;)

PM me to add me to PSN, Steam, WiiU, or 3DS. Always up for a Brawl matchup too!