Photo
- - - - -

Arcania GOTY (lol? actually complete) edition $20 pre-order on Amazon (360 only atm)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
55 replies to this topic

#31 thegame85

thegame85

Spicy Curry #30

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2013 - 04:50 PM

Why the hell do I keep thinking about getting this despite lack of funds and backlog??

#32 Corgstradamus

Corgstradamus

Here's Corgi!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2013 - 06:19 PM

Well it says August for XBox 360 and April for PS3, hopefully you can save $30 and widdle down some of that backlog in 3-7 months ;)

#33 mitch079

mitch079

Microsoft, trollin' like Doink on Crush.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2013 - 07:01 PM

Thanks OP, I'll lock it in at $20.

the_it_crowd_moss.jpgdefault.png

#34 ChaosLaw

ChaosLaw

Posted 25 January 2013 - 09:00 PM

the demo felt like a bad version of witcher 2. i'll wait for this to drop further

#35 DonRamon

DonRamon

CAG Veteran

• CAG Veteran

Posted 25 January 2013 - 09:05 PM

Why the hell do I keep thinking about getting this despite lack of funds and backlog??

If you don't compare it to it's bigger brothers, Gothic, Elder Scrolls, it's actually an enjoyable, game with beautiful graphics, it's just very simple.

#36 nadohawk

nadohawk

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2013 - 03:29 AM

I thought to be a GOTY, a game had to actually do well.
1 John 1:7,9
But if we walk in the light, as He is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus, his Son, purifies us from all sin. If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness.

#37 shadowkast

shadowkast

Lowball Ban

• Lowball Ban

Posted 26 January 2013 - 03:30 AM

I thought to be a GOTY, a game had to actually do well.

technically it's the complete tale, op threw in goty

#38 DonRamon

DonRamon

CAG Veteran

• CAG Veteran

Posted 26 January 2013 - 03:37 AM

technically it's the complete tale, op threw in goty

Doesn't change the fact that GOTY is a totally meaningless term nowadays, I trust more in "complete collection" or "ultimate edition" or whatever.

It's like Director's cut for movies, it is plain marketing.

#39 Kenshindono

Kenshindono

I'm on a Boat!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2013 - 07:23 AM

im confused.. how is this different than the old version? People mentioned the old version had some achievment bug, and that DLC never came out for the console version. Is this version patched/fixed? And does it have the DLC or not? It sounds like only the ps3 version may have any DLC and the xbox version doesnt? Can anyone clarify what this actually has?
My massive game collection list: (work in progress, pain in the butt getting it all entered)
\-Clicky Here-\

#40 bojay1997

bojay1997

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2013 - 07:31 AM

I don't know where Amazon got GOTY from. Both the PS3 and the 360 version are called "The Complete Tale". It's a package containing Arcania Gothic 4 which has been released previously and the Arcania Gothic 4 expansion Fall of Setariff which has only been previously available on the PC. The expansion adds several hours of gameplay, new monsters and quests and the ability to play as several new characters. The UK release date is April, so I would assume both the PS3 and 360 version will release somewhere in that timeframe instead of August, but who knows with a small publisher like Nordic.

#41 nnthomas

nnthomas

meeble meeble

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2013 - 09:00 AM

im confused.. how is this different than the old version? People mentioned the old version had some achievment bug, and that DLC never came out for the console version. Is this version patched/fixed? And does it have the DLC or not? It sounds like only the ps3 version may have any DLC and the xbox version doesnt? Can anyone clarify what this actually has?

Uh... don't make it sound complicated than it is. This isn't MENSA level.

- The original version is impossible to get 1000 (X360) due to a bug.
- The DLC never came out on X360

This "complete" version includes the DLC as shown on the boxart.

There is no more info beyond that, regarding what this even provides, as well as achievements (is it the same list? is it a whole different list, similar to Divinity 2 / Divinity 2 DKS?)
Posted Image

#42 Kenshindono

Kenshindono

I'm on a Boat!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2013 - 09:06 AM

Uh... don't make it sound complicated than it is. This isn't MENSA level.

- The original version is impossible to get 1000 (X360) due to a bug.
- The DLC never came out on X360

This "complete" version includes the DLC as shown on the boxart.

There is no more info beyond that, regarding what this even provides, as well as achievements (is it the same list? is it a whole different list, similar to Divinity 2 / Divinity 2 DKS?)

skimming the thread it sounded like the PS3 version was the only one to have the DLC. Hence why its more expensive. Sounds like this version would have it too. No one knows if the achievement bug is fixed though i guess?

I'll have to look up what the DLC is to see if this warrants a purchase. I have the original one, so maybe i'll get this for the PS3 or something
My massive game collection list: (work in progress, pain in the butt getting it all entered)
\-Clicky Here-\

#43 nnthomas

nnthomas

meeble meeble

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2013 - 03:53 PM

Here's a link on Nordic Games' site about this version, though it's barebones as well

http://www.nordicgam...mplete_tale_ps3

Both versions will have the DLC.

And here's a wiki entry on the DLC, which states that it never came out on either console.

http://en.wikipedia....all_of_Setarrif
Posted Image

#44 EdgeOfThorns

EdgeOfThorns

God of RPGs

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2013 - 09:14 PM

Imho, Gothic arcania is decent but I highly recommend getting it for pc if you can, it runs and looks great. I need to get on this expansion soon though.

#45 thegame85

thegame85

Spicy Curry #30

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 January 2013 - 07:22 PM

Just downloaded and played the demo for about an hour. The game is rough both graphically and the voice acting is bad. Despite that I really enjoyed it, it's kinda charming in its own way. I will pick this bad boy up later this year.

#46 ElektroDragon

ElektroDragon

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 January 2013 - 07:38 PM

BUT did they EVER PATCH IT to fix the BROKEN ACHIEVEMENTS?? BUYER BEWARE! That said, I just pre-ordered because I like to gamble.

#47 Mooby

Mooby

Herp Derp

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 January 2013 - 07:48 PM

Literally one of the worst games I have ever played -- stopped after about six or so hours. It's not just bad for a Gothic game (not that it is because it isn't even made by PB) it's just a bad game period. From the engine to the writing to the world design to the npcs to the quests to the combat to the character progression... it's bad. I would be embarrassed to have my name associated with this title if I were a developer.

#48 whitereflection

whitereflection

Shake well before serving

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 January 2013 - 08:10 PM

Really? I don't think it's that bad. It's like a good PC RPG from 2003. It's also one of the prettier Euro-RPGs. If I worked on this game, you couldn't get me to stop crowing about it. "Poor man's Oblivion!"

#49 nnthomas

nnthomas

meeble meeble

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 January 2013 - 08:35 PM

You really have to know what you're in for and why you're playing these janky Euro RPGs -- and it isn't for the immersive worlds
Posted Image

#50 Mooby

Mooby

Herp Derp

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 January 2013 - 08:42 PM

Really? I don't think it's that bad. It's like a good PC RPG from 2003. It's also one of the prettier Euro-RPGs. If I worked on this game, you couldn't get me to stop crowing about it. "Poor man's Oblivion!"

I didn't think very much of Oblivion, either. That said, at least it had better production values. Arcania was just sloppy and half assed.

#51 tuffguycore

tuffguycore

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 January 2013 - 09:05 PM

I always thought I was one of the only people out there that liked this game. I finished it, and though I didn't get 1000/1000 I don't really care that much about achievements. I didn't realize so many people did. What was broken that you couldn't get them all? I remember I think I got like 650 or so, and was pleased since I still finished the game.

#52 nnthomas

nnthomas

meeble meeble

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 January 2013 - 09:26 PM

You couldn't get all the recipies required for "Master Chef" achievement, and subsequently "Geek" (obtain all achievements). It is only possible for 950/1000

That can be a deal killer for some involved.
Posted Image

#53 fuerstma

fuerstma

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2013 - 11:15 PM

Really enjoyed it but it bugged out on me about 85% done. Very frustrating. I really enjoyed it, it's more polished than Two Worlds II (which I love as well). There is a demo in the XBox Marketplace. The game has a patch that I believe makes it run smoother than the demo.

#54 jthieme

jthieme

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2013 - 11:32 PM

I always thought I was one of the only people out there that liked this game. I finished it, and though I didn't get 1000/1000 I don't really care that much about achievements. I didn't realize so many people did. What was broken that you couldn't get them all? I remember I think I got like 650 or so, and was pleased since I still finished the game.

I can't stand it when companies release new DLC or versions to make more money off of a game without fixing obvious known bugs first. So I really want to know if they've fixed this before spending more on this game.

#55 MochaRaf

MochaRaf

I Come Here Often...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 August 2013 - 06:04 AM

Before I post anything, I want to apologize ahead of time for BUMPING this super old thread.

I just recieved an e-mail from Amazon with the following statement:

"Hello,

We're contacting you about order #XXX-XXXXXXX-XXXXXXX for "ArcaniA: The Complete Collection." We recently learned that Solutions 2 Go Inc. won't be releasing the game for Xbox 360 in North America. We're very sorry about this.

As a result, we've canceled your order and you have not been charged.

We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Sincerely,

Customer Service Department
Amazon.com
http://www.amazon.com

Please note: this e-mail was sent from a notification-only address that cannot accept incoming e-mail. Please do not reply to this message"

I wonder why they decided to withdraw their Xbox 360 North America release, but I guess it won't make a difference as it would have only sat in my backlog. Anyways, heads up for those of you who Pre-ordered it for the 360 as your order is going to get cancelled.

1gb4.png

#56 David Hibiki

David Hibiki

Well then...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 August 2013 - 06:20 AM

Well that sucks. I still see it up for PS3.

Locking this topic... thanks for the info.