The General eBay Rant Thread

• Please log in to reply
2125 replies to this topic

#31 NiiNJA

NiiNJA

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2013 - 04:18 AM

i really hate it when seller's ship boxed gameboy games in a.. bubble mailer.

had one seller even ship me a brand new sealed gameboy game in a mailer a few weeks ago. luckily, it somehow arrived in the same minty shape the picture showed. i didn't get so lucky a few days ago though when a seller decided to put three boxed ds games around a pokemon sapphire box (still left in box position rather than taken apart and flattened) and throw it in a fucking bubble mailer. sapphire arrived crushed and one of the sides has about an inch long rip through the box.

#32 Kevbo887

Kevbo887

Defensor Fortis

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2013 - 03:48 PM

Well heres a new one for me. Paypal multi order shipping has been glitching out on me lately. Well I had around 10 things to send out today. All addresses were correct just to let it be known. But, one item (which it wouldnt let me change, and was a return) would only show up under another item that was delivered yesterday. I know it sounds weird but heres the rest.

Guy emails me this morning saying his RE6 never arrived yesterday like it said it was supposed to. He goes on to tell me that he opened up an investigation this morning at 730 with the post office. He also went down there and talked to his actual mailman and the mailman said he never saw the package.

Well first off, the post office doesnt open their doors till 830. Second, your actual mail man is not working the front desk. Third, you go on and tell me that you didnt check your tracking number until this morning when the glitch happened and you got another email saying your product was marked as shipped (which I did at 845 am est.) So then how exactly did you know it was delivered yesterday?

So basically the kid is trying to get his copy of RE6 for free. So annoying. I mean, the tracking number says its delivered. I keep my paypal shipping receipts, and the addresses both match up to what his paypal addy is. So either one of two things is happening. The kid is a scumbag trying to take advantage of the fact that a second shipping number got uploaded by mistake. Or his mailman delivered it to the wrong house.

Either way ill probably get screwed because ebay sucks more than a toothless prostitute on a busy friday night. Luckily for me, I have one last item up for buy it now, and then im never selling on ebay again. So sick of these cumguzzlingguttersluts that ruin ebay. </rant>

#33 parKer

parKer

CheapyT Fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2013 - 06:22 PM

His mailman couldn't have delivered it to the wrong house because the mailman already said he never saw the package. Dun dun duuuuun.

Not only does your buyer want a free game, it's sounding like he's going to ask for a refund. Be sure to post his eBay ID in CAG's big blocked bidders list.
26.2 | 13.1

:ps3: Tomb Raider (MP only)
:ps3: PS+ IGC

#34 Kevbo887

Kevbo887

Defensor Fortis

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2013 - 08:11 PM

Well I called him out on it in another email. I got an email back back an hour later and oh my goodness a late christmas miracle occurred. He miraculously found his delivered package!!

#35 highoffcoffee496

highoffcoffee496

I gotta believe!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2013 - 08:47 PM

Either way ill probably get screwed because ebay sucks more than a toothless prostitute on a busy friday night.

:rofl::applause: This made me lose it
(\__/)
(='.'=)
This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
(")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.

Posted Image

#36 Doomtime

Doomtime

Victor von Doom

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2013 - 09:20 PM

Just sold a CPU processor for around $200.

Winning bidder emails me 10 minutes later.

"Sorry bro, I only have $90 in my bank account. Can you give me a week?"

:fridge:

CAGFL: (187-31)

#37 Kevbo887

Kevbo887

Defensor Fortis

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2013 - 09:54 PM

Thats when i send out a second chance offer!!

#38 Hemi

Hemi

One with the never-ending backlog.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2013 - 10:37 PM

Would of second chanced after he used the term "bro"

#39 edson13

edson13

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 January 2013 - 12:28 AM

Hah, at least he didnt use buy it now, and then email right after and say, hey will you take $10 less than the starting bid. And of course he didnt reply to the cancel auction request and I had to wait the 10 days or so, to be able to cancel it.

Thats why now, I always use must pay instantly with buy it now.

#40 wugenius

wugenius

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2013 - 09:14 PM

Ah ebay.

I hate buying games described as mint only to look like they were used as a frisbie for a dog. I mean seriously, what the heck do people do to their games? EVERY disc game I have ever bought new still looks that way.

I also hate hate hate non paying bidders. Just had one last week tell me he didn't realize he won my auction, so he bid on others and still lost. So then he wants to buy my item now since he couldn't get it cheaper.

Another buyer won a PS3 Dualshock controller I was selling to tell me his kid son bought it with his account. So he didn't want to buy the controller. I thanked him for wasting my time and he promptly replied that he was going to beat his son and tell him that the hits were courtesy of me. Seriously. And of course a few days later he buys another dual shock for cheaper and it seems like he paid that guy.

I also get really nervous when people with 0 feedback or little feedback win my auctions. I don't want someone to claim the game doesn't work or isn't in the condition stated only to send me back a defective copy.

#41 Rozz

Rozz

We Trippy Mane

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2013 - 09:49 PM

I'm convinced that seller just lie about the condition of their games in order to get them to sell quickly/stand out. I just bought a cart-only DS game (I knew it was cart only but didn't care since it's too hard to find complete) but it was described to be in excellent condition. I received it and the cart is very worn - everything from the label to the contacts and there's even initials written on the damn thing.

I much prefer buying games in person. If the condition is acceptable and beat-up, LIST IT AS SUCH. Don't lie and say it's "like-new" if it looks like shit. Just because it plays doesn't mean it's in good shape.

#42 wugenius

wugenius

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2013 - 09:57 PM

I'm convinced that seller just lie about the condition of their games in order to get them to sell quickly/stand out. I just bought a cart-only DS game (I knew it was cart only but didn't care since it's too hard to find complete) but it was described to be in excellent condition. I received it and the cart is very worn - everything from the label to the contacts and there's even initials written on the damn thing.

I much prefer buying games in person. If the condition is acceptable and beat-up, LIST IT AS SUCH. Don't lie and say it's "like-new" if it looks like shit. Just because it plays doesn't mean it's in good shape.

Exactly. Even if a game I am selling has minor scuffs, or even one tiny small scratch I note it and I list it as good condition. Not very good or like new.

#43 TiKi2

TiKi2

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2013 - 11:53 PM

I bought mario kart 64 a few months ago on the bay. Stock pick, description said was verygood.Also listed as verygood. What I get is a beat to shit marker everywhere cart. Fucken should have been acceptable. Dude wasn't a noob either, he had over 1000 feedback.

#44 Hemi

Hemi

One with the never-ending backlog.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2013 - 04:14 AM

Exactly. Even if a game I am selling has minor scuffs, or even one tiny small scratch I note it and I list it as good condition. Not very good or like new.

Got the same fear, works best with buy it nows but I say in the description NOBODY UNDER +10 positive feedback without contacting me first. When they buy, I message them and more then half dont respond, refund and cancel transaction "buyer unresponsive". If they do respond, they usually are polite and I made them agree they read the description and know what they are getting :p

#45 granturismo

granturismo

Posted 30 January 2013 - 10:10 AM

Whenever i list always 4-5 of the bidders have 0 feedback im not sure what it's all about. Surely there cannot be so many new members always. I am sure some people just like bidding they probably don't even have money

#46 Chedeng88

Chedeng88

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2013 - 03:42 PM

Buyer complained that the Beyblade DS game I sold her was "not as described". She said she was expecting the 3DS version -- which does not exist! My listing title was something like "Beyblade Nintendo DS DSi 3DS" because it will play with any of those consoles. A lot of sellers are doing this too, perhaps to enhance the chance of showing up in searches.

My listing also had multiple pics of the actual item and the description stating that it was a DS version.

I told her that the 3DS version she was expecting DOES NOT exist. There's no Beyblade for 3DS yet. I asked her if she even looked at the pics and read the description carefully. She wouldn't answer and just kept on going about how disappointed she was.

I tried doing a quick google on the buyer and it turns out to be an old lady (in her 80s). I think it's a grandma trying to buy a game for her grandkid, so she probably doesn't even have an idea on what she was actually buying.

I just refunded her money after asking her to ship me back the item (despite my listing stating "no returns"). Small price to pay than risking my 100% power seller feedback getting tainted.

#47 skiizim

skiizim

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2013 - 04:14 PM

I bought mario kart 64 a few months ago on the bay. Stock pick, description said was verygood.Also listed as verygood. What I get is a beat to shit marker everywhere cart. Fucken should have been acceptable. Dude wasn't a noob either, he had over 1000 feedback.

I've had a similar situation but with stock photos and the descriptions being "like-new". The seller had a ton of feedback and seemed pretty legit but that is where it stopped but what I received was far from what was described or pictured. I rarely leave negative feedback but this guy got 5 and one neutral from me, to say the least he opened my eyes more on eBay.

#48 morrodox

morrodox

Hedonistic Iconoclast

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2013 - 04:20 PM

www.ebaiting.com

That is all.

#49 GBAstar

GBAstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2013 - 04:47 PM

I absolutely cringe when I get messages like these from international buyers:

Hello...so looks like the parcel may be delivered but the customs department is asking for custom duties. Around $60. Was this amount not paid by you when you sent the parcel? Why do I have to pay this amount again? Please let me know soon.

This is the same buyer who wanted to know why he item wasn't delivered 3 days after he ordered it.

#50 kodave

kodave

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2013 - 07:16 PM

I absolutely cringe when I get messages like these from international buyers:

Hello...so looks like the parcel may be delivered but the customs department is asking for custom duties. Around $60. Was this amount not paid by you when you sent the parcel? Why do I have to pay this amount again? Please let me know soon.

This is the same buyer who wanted to know why he item wasn't delivered 3 days after he ordered it.

This is why I don't ship internationally. I see eBay is offering their own International Shipping program where they buyers pay eBay set shipping rates and the seller just ships it to a shipping location in the US. eBay says they handle all the paperwork and whatnot for customs. It seems like there are still too many things that could go wrong, but it seems better than dealing with international jackholes like that directly.

#51 YoshiFan1

YoshiFan1

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2013 - 07:48 PM

Buyer complained that the Beyblade DS game I sold her was "not as described". She said she was expecting the 3DS version -- which does not exist! My listing title was something like "Beyblade Nintendo DS DSi 3DS" because it will play with any of those consoles. A lot of sellers are doing this too, perhaps to enhance the chance of showing up in searches.

My listing also had multiple pics of the actual item and the description stating that it was a DS version.

I told her that the 3DS version she was expecting DOES NOT exist. There's no Beyblade for 3DS yet. I asked her if she even looked at the pics and read the description carefully. She wouldn't answer and just kept on going about how disappointed she was.

I tried doing a quick google on the buyer and it turns out to be an old lady (in her 80s). I think it's a grandma trying to buy a game for her grandkid, so she probably doesn't even have an idea on what she was actually buying.

I just refunded her money after asking her to ship me back the item (despite my listing stating "no returns"). Small price to pay than risking my 100% power seller feedback getting tainted.

I ran into that problem years ago when I sold a PS1 game and put PS2 in the title as well in addition to PlayStation and PS1 even though the picture and description were for the PS1 game.

When I sell a DS game, instead of putting 3DS in the title, in the description I say it will also work on the 3DS as a standard DS game.

#52 Gregtastic

Gregtastic

Posted 31 January 2013 - 05:04 PM

Seller won auction on the 25th...

Paid for item on the 29th around 6pm (after I post office is effectively closed, and sent this message:

Please leave me good feedback now since I already paid. I do not like waiting until I leave feedback,. That is not fair.

I did not respond because I don't even know what to say. I waited on your payment for half a week, and you want me to just leave you positive feedback before the transaction is over.

My handling time is 2 days, and the latest estimated delivery is Feb. 6th. so I printed out the label yesterday, and am going to drop the package off at the post office around 3 pm today....

I get this message...

It still does not show my order as being shipped. It has been the same status for the past two days =( =( - Also I did request you leave feedback.

I already have restrictions on my account, so I decide F it and say...

Really?

You paid for the item on the 29th after the post office was closed. I printed your shipping label out yesterday, and am dropping it off at the post office today. If you check my shipping/handling policies I quote 2 days handling time, and your delivery estimation is Feb. 2nd-6th which it will easily make.

And I will leave you feedback when the item is delivered. Yes, it is fair to wait on feedback when the buyer took 4 days to pay and then is ignoring shipping/handling quotes.

And that is way nicer than I wanted to be.

Follow @num1greg
TrueAchievements
XBL: Gregtastic

#53 highoffcoffee496

highoffcoffee496

I gotta believe!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2013 - 06:44 PM

^ Did he respond again to your email? Nice job btw :applause:
(\__/)
(='.'=)
This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
(")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.

Posted Image

#54 DNukem170

DNukem170

Dance like you want to win, Gundam!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2013 - 08:23 PM

Put up my GI Joe Steelbook on eBay. It was damaged but the discs were still good and it closed securely and I took lots of pictures. Set it up for cheap and it goes unsold for a while. Guy comes up and says he will buy it if I relist it, so I put it up on BIN (and increase the price a couple dollars) and it sells. Still hasn't paid after multiple invoices.

#55 Rozz

Rozz

We Trippy Mane

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2013 - 08:48 PM

I also hate buyers that pay by eCheck because they're bitches about waiting for the check to clear. Even eBay says not to send before the check clears and you have the funds. Do they really expect you to send an item before they pay you? Hell, I've gotten a buyer who's check didn't clear at all and I had to file an unpaid case (in which he never bothered responding to). Thankfully, I haven't gotten any buyers that use this method in a long time, but when I do they try to say your shipping is slow when in reality it takes a week for their payment method of choice to clear. Use PayPal like everyone else and you'll get it shipped out that day.

#56 SlammedNiss

SlammedNiss

Mine hits the ground!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2013 - 10:40 PM

Maybe it's just me, but I wouldn't have refunded her. If you get a negative, it will be moot in a year. I got a negative last year from some jackoff I sold an HDD to. HDD was tested and 100% in working order. He was replacing his PC whose HDD had "went out" as well. When he tried installing mine, he said he was getting all kinds of the same errors. Asked him what the errors were, and it was common with having bad RAM. I told him this, and he ended up filing a claim. He left me a negative feedback. Didn't really care, as in 12 months, it will be wiped off your percentage.

#57 Gregtastic

Gregtastic

Posted 31 January 2013 - 10:51 PM

^ Did he respond again to your email? Nice job btw :applause:

I'm certain that you do not want to wait to give me feedback. Have it your way =)

I don't even know what it means....the sentence doesn't make sense....I can't tell if its a joke, a threat, just confused nothing...

Follow @num1greg
TrueAchievements
XBL: Gregtastic

#58 tangytangerine

tangytangerine

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2013 - 12:14 AM

I don't even know what it means....the sentence doesn't make sense....I can't tell if its a joke, a threat, just confused nothing...

That sounds like you should expect negative feedback from him with a comment about slow shipping :???:. I'd suggest adding him to the banned bidders list.

#59 TooMuchCoolness

TooMuchCoolness

Deep Ass Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2013 - 12:25 AM

Not eBay related, but anyone find it annoying how Amazon forces you to put credit card info again before purchasing something? I know it's for security, but can you ask something easier like date of birth?

NighT_Ryder31.png

#60 wugenius

wugenius

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2013 - 12:33 AM

Forgot how STEEP ebay fees can get. Sold some stuff, got a 30 dollar invoice. Ouch. I know they have to make money, but damn its higher than tax!