Photo
* * * * * 2 votes

The General eBay Rant Thread

• Please log in to reply
2209 replies to this topic

#61 247

Posted 01 February 2013 - 12:33 AM

Anyone gotten USPS packages already opened? Once ebay sides a case in your favor its 100% sure you will get full refund? I bought something and all I got was a box full of bags, either the seller is a douche or USPS opened up the box and took the item. I already won the case but need to ship back the sellers bags and box.

#62 Gregtastic

Gregtastic

Posted 01 February 2013 - 12:48 AM

That sounds like you should expect negative feedback from him with a comment about slow shipping :???:. I'd suggest adding him to the banned bidders list.

I don't even care anymore. My shipping and handling dsr is like 3.5% because I don't take crap from people. If he sent me that message before I printed the label I would've just never sent it out and refunded him. I did that to someone once and thought they couldn't leave me neg feedback and they did anyway lmao.

Despite my s/h being 4.7 and 3.5% neg my overall is 99.2% positive and people don't seem to have a problem buying from me I just have to wait for delivery to get my funds.

I know my practices seem a bit crazy but I've never lost $ b/c of someone screwing around w me.

Follow @num1greg
TrueAchievements
XBL: Gregtastic

#63 Barney

Barney

Barnito Knows Best!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2013 - 03:34 AM

My rant on ebay:

Well i for one dislike seller fees for video games. I think they're very high.
Secondly i dislike ebay sellers that don't combine shipping on simple video games.

Other than that, i enjoy ebay for the pure fun of trying to find games cheap.

Posted Image

#64 highoffcoffee496

highoffcoffee496

I gotta believe!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2013 - 07:06 AM

I don't even care anymore. My shipping and handling dsr is like 3.5% because I don't take crap from people. If he sent me that message before I printed the label I would've just never sent it out and refunded him. I did that to someone once and thought they couldn't leave me neg feedback and they did anyway lmao.

Despite my s/h being 4.7 and 3.5% neg my overall is 99.2% positive and people don't seem to have a problem buying from me I just have to wait for delivery to get my funds.

I know my practices seem a bit crazy but I've never lost $ b/c of someone screwing around w me.

I don't sell on Ebay but I hate taking crap from people so I get your point. Let me know how this turns out and if he leaves a negative review; it seems like he is going to :roll:
(\__/)
(='.'=)
This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
(")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.

Posted Image

#65 Gregtastic

Gregtastic

Posted 01 February 2013 - 02:05 PM

I don't sell on Ebay but I hate taking crap from people so I get your point. Let me know how this turns out and if he leaves a negative review; it seems like he is going to :roll:

Posted Image

This guy is absolute scum, and eBay will probably do nothing about it which is a flipping joke.

I want to know why buyers are allowed feedback before the arrival of their item and also while still in the acceptable delivery date time frame. That's BS.

Follow @num1greg
TrueAchievements

#66 ferant316

ferant316

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2013 - 02:45 PM

My biggest rant about eBay is the damn condition rankings. I adhere to the condition standards (missing anything? Acceptable) while thousands of other sellers will list a Cart Only game as Like New and sell it faster, and for more, than what I have it listed for. And of course eBay wants nothing to do with fixing it which leaves me to decide between less sales but honesty or follow all the big guys and be dishonest in listing conditions.

At least JJGames is honest.
HERE is a great example from ItemBazaar though:
Cart Only Lufia Curse of the Sinastrals for DS listed as "Very Good" with stock picture and HERE is my copy for sale - appropriately listed as "Acceptable" with pictures, that is priced cheaper with cheaper shipping and it has been sitting on eBay for months now.

#67 Barney

Barney

Barnito Knows Best!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2013 - 03:46 PM

Posted Image

This guy is absolute scum, and eBay will probably do nothing about it which is a flipping joke.

I want to know why buyers are allowed feedback before the arrival of their item and also while still in the acceptable delivery date time frame. That's BS.

Holds feedback hostage, lmfao!!!!!!!! what is wrong with that guy lol

Posted Image

#68 Gregtastic

Gregtastic

Posted 01 February 2013 - 04:07 PM

Holds feedback hostage, lmfao!!!!!!!! what is wrong with that guy lol

There's nothing wrong with him, there is something wrong with eBay.

I've had a few people who basically threaten negative feedback if you don't ship the item out same day as payment regardless of your quotes or how long they take to pay...

That feedback he left is absolute bullshit, and with my estimated delivery time it shouldn't even be allowed, but eBay is going to let it fly. It doesn't make any damn sense.

Follow @num1greg
TrueAchievements

#69 ShogunNage

ShogunNage

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2013 - 07:27 PM

just ran into my first problem, had been waiting for a package, so i decided to call the post office turns out the seller put down the wrong address, so they sent the package back to him. I just contacted him today to see if he got the items back. wondering if you guys been in this situation, also wondering if i have to pay shipping again, im pretty sure i dont since he messed up

#70 spmahn

spmahn

Posted 01 February 2013 - 08:16 PM

Ugh, a buyer from Canada purchased a game from me, and paid 5.25 shipping based on the ebay shipping calculator. When printing up a shipping label however, entering in the exact same info ebay uses to calculate a shipping cost of $5.25 brings up an actual shipping cost of 9 dollars and change. How could there be such a discrepency? Now I have to eat the difference from my already thin profit margins.

#71 Navex

Navex

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2013 - 09:15 PM

There's nothing wrong with him, there is something wrong with eBay.

I've had a few people who basically threaten negative feedback if you don't ship the item out same day as payment regardless of your quotes or how long they take to pay...

That feedback he left is absolute bullshit, and with my estimated delivery time it shouldn't even be allowed, but eBay is going to let it fly. It doesn't make any damn sense.

That's pretty damn stupid. Sometimes the item sells and is paid for after postage hours, what can they say then? Shit, all of the post offices around me are closed by noon the way it is. Actually, looking at the USPS site, the only other one around me actually closes at 11:45AM. This is why I time my endings to the morning if possible and specify in the listing that if payment us received before X time, it will ship same day. I also add in "usually" for insurance since nothing is guaranteed.

#72 GBAstar

GBAstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2013 - 09:26 PM

Ugh, a buyer from Canada purchased a game from me, and paid 5.25 shipping based on the ebay shipping calculator. When printing up a shipping label however, entering in the exact same info ebay uses to calculate a shipping cost of $5.25 brings up an actual shipping cost of 9 dollars and change. How could there be such a discrepency? Now I have to eat the difference from my already thin profit margins.

The USPS shipping prices changed on 01/27 for 2013. First Class International saw a HUGE increase in items that weight less then a pound.

The good thing is that First Class to Canada now includes delivery confirmation so you will be liess likely to get scammed by a buyer filed item not received.

#73 Lemstar

Lemstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2013 - 09:26 PM

Price hike on the 27th.

#74 highoffcoffee496

highoffcoffee496

I gotta believe!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2013 - 11:10 PM

Posted Image

WTH this guy is such garbage. Sucks man... :-(

I will admit though I did chuckle at "Holds feedback hostage." :lol: What an idiot. Is there anything you can do? I would at least try reporting him

Edited by highoffcoffee496, 02 February 2013 - 12:33 AM.

(\__/)
(='.'=)

Posted Image

#75 YoshiFan1

YoshiFan1

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2013 - 11:39 PM

eBay won't care. Years ago I got a negative for the same reason but the difference was the buyer never contacted me to leave feedback. I tried to get them to withdraw the negative, they refused so I left them a negative back saying they were unreasonable to leave a negative for that and they still wouldn't mutually withdraw the feedback so both our negatives would be ereased.

#76 highoffcoffee496

highoffcoffee496

I gotta believe!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 February 2013 - 12:02 AM

eBay won't care. Years ago I got a negative for the same reason but the difference was the buyer never contacted me to leave feedback. I tried to get them to withdraw the negative, they refused so I left them a negative back saying they were unreasonable to leave a negative for that and they still wouldn't mutually withdraw the feedback so both our negatives would be ereased.

When did Ebay become so terrible? :/
(\__/)
(='.'=)

Posted Image

#77 Gregtastic

Gregtastic

Posted 02 February 2013 - 01:41 AM

WTH this guy is such garbage. Sucks man... :-(

I will admit though I did chuckle at "Holds feedback hostage." :lol: What an idiot. Is there anything you can do? I would at least try reporting him

I reported him but they wont do anything.

Sadly you can't even leave buyers negative these days.

Follow @num1greg
TrueAchievements

#78 YoshiFan1

YoshiFan1

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 February 2013 - 04:55 AM

Yeah it's unfortunate you can't leave bad feedback for a buyer anymore. I rarely left bad feedback for a buyer in return (and only have gotten few negatives over the years) but it was nice knowing it as an option in case the buyer deserved it. Also thanks for posting their Ebay id, I added them to my blocked bidders list.

#79 highoffcoffee496

highoffcoffee496

I gotta believe!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 February 2013 - 04:29 PM

I don't know much about Ebay's policies, but I stumbled upon this. How can he still be allowed to sell? http://feedback.ebay...eedbackAsSeller
(\__/)
(='.'=)

Posted Image

#80 Pliskin

Pliskin

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 February 2013 - 06:43 PM

I don't know much about Ebay's policies, but I stumbled upon this. How can he still be allowed to sell? http://feedback.ebay...eedbackAsSeller

Why do people continue to purchase things from him when he has all that negative feedback? That's the real question. People's stupidity really amazes me sometimes.

#81 CookieParty

CookieParty

Artist formerly known as Burritoman

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 February 2013 - 07:49 PM

Whenever i list always 4-5 of the bidders have 0 feedback im not sure what it's all about. Surely there cannot be so many new members always. I am sure some people just like bidding they probably don't even have money

Same thing happened to me last time, out of 25 items, I had 3 0 feedbacks and 4 under 5. The thing is, they actually paid and didn't complain. Didn't leave feedback either.

Check out our blog: http://abloggymess.com/ Plenty of fun for everyone!

3DS Friend Code: 2492-4618-0670 Always looking for new Pokemon!

Get free stuff with my Swagbucks Referral Link: http://swagbucks.com/refer/cookieparty

#82 strizay

strizay

Lowball Ban

• Lowball Ban

Posted 03 February 2013 - 02:33 AM

what's the point of buyer protection again? I won and paid for an auction on Jan. 21st. I never got the auction and the seller never posted a tracking number. I sent the seller 5 emails and they never responded to any. I opened a case with Ebay and now I have to wait until Feb. 9th before I can escalate it with customer service. That's almost 3 weeks before they will even look at this.

What am I supposed to look forward to next? Has anyone else been in this kind of situation before? Did Ebay refund your money? If it was a low amount I wouldn't care. But it's $42.

#83 Chedeng88

Chedeng88

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 February 2013 - 03:59 AM

what's the point of buyer protection again? I won and paid for an auction on Jan. 21st. I never got the auction and the seller never posted a tracking number. I sent the seller 5 emails and they never responded to any. I opened a case with Ebay and now I have to wait until Feb. 9th before I can escalate it with customer service. That's almost 3 weeks before they will even look at this.

What am I supposed to look forward to next? Has anyone else been in this kind of situation before? Did Ebay refund your money? If it was a low amount I wouldn't care. But it's $42.

If the seller doesn't respond to your case, you will get a full refund from eBay.

#84 strizay

strizay

Lowball Ban

• Lowball Ban

Posted 03 February 2013 - 09:17 AM

thanks for the response. How long does it normally take?

#85 Barney

Barney

Barnito Knows Best!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 February 2013 - 01:51 PM

Okay guys check this out.
Last night i won this auction
http://www.ebay.com/...984.m1439.l2649

It's basically GTA 3, GTA Liberty city stories, GTA Vice City, GT San Andreas, and a memory card. for about $6 dollars.

When i tried to pay the seller i kept getting this message:

Posted Image

So i sent him this message:

ME:

Hi
Im trying to pay you right now but i keep getting this message
"This recipient is currently unable to receive money."

From doing some searching on google i think you need to contact paypal and resolve whatever is wrong with your account..

Seller:

Hello don't sell much don't know what's wrong.Any way there is two games missing. Have memory card an games three an liberty city stories. If you want then just send Five dollars to Anthony Oldham 202 Lesile Rd Sanford N..C 27332. If not don't worry about it Thanks
-------------------
What kind of crap is this! I'm angry! i take my ebay shopping very serious and this guy thinks he can list stuff on ebay that he doesn't even have just for the fun of it.
Anyways what do you guys recommend that i should do next? I honestly feel like leaving negative feedback to this clown.

thanks

Posted Image

#86 GBAstar

GBAstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 February 2013 - 01:55 PM

^ Leave him negative feedback. Put something to the effect "listed items he didn't have" and then "requested I send him money in the mail".

#87 Barney

Barney

Barnito Knows Best!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 February 2013 - 01:59 PM

^ okay
i would love to be able to write a whole paragraph on the feedback section to express to that guy exactly how i feel about him lol but oh well.

My luck has just been terrible lately.

Posted Image

#88 GBAstar

GBAstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 February 2013 - 02:04 PM

^ okay
i would love to be able to write a whole paragraph on the feedback section to express to that guy exactly how i feel about him lol but oh well.

My luck has just been terrible lately.

That is a major problem with eBay's feedback system. I'm not going to lie--I cringe sometimes when I read some of the posts in the CAG eBay threads. People are buying and selling with the attitude that this is the 1999 eBay website. It's not.

The reason why they removed the ability for a seller to leave a buyer negative feedback makes sense. For every justifiable negative there would be 100's of retaliatory negatives. In your example had the seller been able to leave you a negative you can bet he would of... just cause he had the ability. This understandably would have made you upset so you would have called up eBay and tried to get it removed--tying up resources and remember "time is money".

But back to your point. I have registered the domains "rateyourbuyer" and "rateyourseller" and one day would love to launch them so that you can search by eBay/Amazon/other marketplace buyer/seller usernames and e-mails and pull up matches. Then you would have unlimited space to "tell your story" including pictures and other information to back up your rating. Kind of like "ratemyproffessor" or something to that effect.

I've tried to pitch the idea to a few people who have a better understanding of web design then I do but nobody I've met yet wants to take on the idea.

Edit: I forgot to ask: Is this an eBay ID that you only buy on? I have one main ID and I buy and sell on it and I am hesitant to leave a lot of negative/neutral feedback, even if it is deserved because I don't want to look like one of those serial buyers that is always "having" (more like creating) problems as I don't want to get blocked and miss the opportunity to buy things later on.

My buying experiences are much like yours. I sell a lot and have very few problems but I would say at least 2/10 buying experiences (if not more) leave me disappointed. The most recent being I bought a new Black Ops II game that was listed as "new/sealed" and it arrived opened with the nuketown DLC removed.

When I contacted the buyer they stated it was opened because walmart security make them open it prior to leaving the store (problem with the sensormatic) and told me I could return it on my dime. I opened a case because they gave me a really shady return address and haven't heard anything since.

#89 Gregtastic

Gregtastic

Posted 03 February 2013 - 03:44 PM

A picture says 1000 words. 3 pictures says WTF!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

So I take a long time to ship but it arrived on the first estimated date? OK.

HOW the hell do you run a company the scale of eBay which lets buyers leave low DSR for shipping/handling when they item CLEARLY was shipped and handled properly and you have PROOF of it.

Follow @num1greg
TrueAchievements

#90 GBAstar

GBAstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 February 2013 - 03:47 PM

^ Most people who shop online now are accustomed to a handling time of anything greater then one day. It's unfortunate that your buyer didn't read the listing but his mentality isn't much different from those who frequent these boards.