Photo
* * * * * 2 votes

The General eBay Rant Thread

• Please log in to reply
2280 replies to this topic

#91 Rozz

Rozz

Posted 03 February 2013 - 04:53 PM

There can also be an issue with shipping too fast. I've had buyers that notice that they don't want the item after you already shipped it and they paid - one literally waited until I paid for postage and e-mailed me a minute later to cancel. I used to ship the day they paid but now I think I'm going to wait at least a day for them to make up their mind.

I support Rozz 100%.

#92 Gregtastic

Gregtastic

Posted 03 February 2013 - 05:06 PM

^ Most people who shop online now are accustomed to a handling time of anything greater then one day. It's unfortunate that your buyer didn't read the listing but his mentality isn't much different from those who frequent these boards.

If you read a page back this person also wanted me to leave feedback BEFORE they received the item as they already paid (which it took them four days to do). They are just scum.

There can also be an issue with shipping too fast. I've had buyers that notice that they don't want the item after you already shipped it and they paid - one literally waited until I paid for postage and e-mailed me a minute later to cancel. I used to ship the day they paid but now I think I'm going to wait at least a day for them to make up their mind.

I've had people ask me to do weird crap. I forget the details at this point but some people want it sent special ways....one example being they bought it as a gift for a family member and didn't want them to find out.

Follow @num1greg
TrueAchievements
XBL: Gregtastic

#93 Barney

Barney

Barnito Knows Best!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 February 2013 - 06:46 PM

That is a major problem with eBay's feedback system. I'm not going to lie--I cringe sometimes when I read some of the posts in the CAG eBay threads. People are buying and selling with the attitude that this is the 1999 eBay website. It's not.

The reason why they removed the ability for a seller to leave a buyer negative feedback makes sense. For every justifiable negative there would be 100's of retaliatory negatives. In your example had the seller been able to leave you a negative you can bet he would of... just cause he had the ability. This understandably would have made you upset so you would have called up eBay and tried to get it removed--tying up resources and remember "time is money".

But back to your point. I have registered the domains "rateyourbuyer" and "rateyourseller" and one day would love to launch them so that you can search by eBay/Amazon/other marketplace buyer/seller usernames and e-mails and pull up matches. Then you would have unlimited space to "tell your story" including pictures and other information to back up your rating. Kind of like "ratemyproffessor" or something to that effect.

I've tried to pitch the idea to a few people who have a better understanding of web design then I do but nobody I've met yet wants to take on the idea.

Edit: I forgot to ask: Is this an eBay ID that you only buy on? I have one main ID and I buy and sell on it and I am hesitant to leave a lot of negative/neutral feedback, even if it is deserved because I don't want to look like one of those serial buyers that is always "having" (more like creating) problems as I don't want to get blocked and miss the opportunity to buy things later on.

My buying experiences are much like yours. I sell a lot and have very few problems but I would say at least 2/10 buying experiences (if not more) leave me disappointed. The most recent being I bought a new Black Ops II game that was listed as "new/sealed" and it arrived opened with the nuketown DLC removed.

When I contacted the buyer they stated it was opened because walmart security make them open it prior to leaving the store (problem with the sensormatic) and told me I could return it on my dime. I opened a case because they gave me a really shady return address and haven't heard anything since.

I actually like your idea, i think a website like that would be great.

and yes this is my only ebay ID.

Posted Image

#94 GBAstar

GBAstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 February 2013 - 06:57 PM

I actually like your idea, i think a website like that would be great.

and yes this is my only ebay ID.

The only reason why I ask is sometimes even if it is justified it's better to leave a soft positive (i.e. positive where you state what annoying things the seller did) and then ding their stars.

The reason is because other sellers may look at the feedback you've left for sellers and see that out of 10/50/100 feedbacks left you have a trend of leaving negatives and nuetrals and they may preemptively block you so you can't bid on their items.

#95 Hemi

Hemi

One with the never-ending backlog.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 February 2013 - 05:11 AM

I have a little thing I add in all my listings "please contact me beforehand if you are under 10+ feedback" (mostly because I sell alot of dlc on ebay for a good chunka change) and it scares the hell outa me im gonna get boned by a 0 feedback ebayer with an account made the SAME DAY, but low and behold, people still ignore it, so that point I doubt if they read the description. But do you think my fear is justified on people if I'm selling a new game New Sealed? (as in should I complete the transaction with the game?)

#96 TiKi2

TiKi2

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 February 2013 - 05:56 AM

^ The old saying goes...Don't sell anything on ebay you're not willing to give away for free.

#97 Gregtastic

Gregtastic

Posted 04 February 2013 - 02:05 PM

I have a little thing I add in all my listings "please contact me beforehand if you are under 10+ feedback" (mostly because I sell alot of dlc on ebay for a good chunka change) and it scares the hell outa me im gonna get boned by a 0 feedback ebayer with an account made the SAME DAY, but low and behold, people still ignore it, so that point I doubt if they read the description. But do you think my fear is justified on people if I'm selling a new game New Sealed? (as in should I complete the transaction with the game?)

People don't read crap....I do things like sell a pair of desktop memory sticks and in the description say "one stick not working".

Guy leaves me feedback saying:

Item condition misleading. Didn't see note about 1 stick not working.

Well no kidding douche, because the description SAID "one stick not working!".

If you don't put it in the title they don't know...

Also, yesterday, the guy who bought KOTOR from me sends me this:

do you accept returns? I didnt realize I cant play this game on the xbox 360. Please let me know, I will pay for the shipping return. Thank You.

My response:

as a policy I do not allow refunds. please consult the listing for this.

not to mention you can play IG on your 360

http://support.xbox....-original-games

WTF! do people think im DUMB? or are they just that stupid...

edit: ignore the bad spelling/grammar in my response. When you send a message using the eBay for Android app it doesn't autocorrect. I was at work and didn't want to spend the time on that guy.

Follow @num1greg
TrueAchievements

#98 GBAstar

GBAstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 February 2013 - 03:05 PM

People don't read crap....I do things like sell a pair of desktop memory sticks and in the description say "one stick not working".

Guy leaves me feedback saying:

Well no kidding douche, because the description SAID "one stick not working!".

If you don't put it in the title they don't know...

Also, yesterday, the guy who bought KOTOR from me sends me this:

My response:

WTF! do people think im DUMB? or are they just that stupid...

edit: ignore the bad spelling/grammar in my response. When you send a message using the eBay for Android app it doesn't autocorrect. I was at work and didn't want to spend the time on that guy.

I'm going to say this with all the kindness I can muster and hopefully what I write is helpful.

You really shouldn't be selling on eBay unless you're willing to adapt to the "new" eBay and how it expects it sellers to operate. If you continue to have the "I'll sell how I want to and I'm not going to take any crap from any buyers" you won't be selling on eBay much longer. They don't need small sellers anymore. It is no longer the place it used to be where small sellers were King.

Regarding your "No return policy" why set it like that? eBay is going to allow buyers to return items (often at your expense) if you don't allow them to return them at their expense. All a buyer has to do within 45 days of purchase is file a Significantly Not as Described (SNAD) claim and you'll be accepting the return. Doesn't matter the reason and it doesn't matter the item.

Just because you have a return policy doesn't mean you're going to be renting games to buyers. I've mailed out hundreds of items and had two buyers request returns. In both instances I got the same game back in the same condition.

At that point you just open a cancellation request and once it is approved you get your fees back. No harm done. Yes you might have to relist the item and yes it might sell for less but it is better then causing a stink; if the buyer really wants to return the game you're going to be taking it back one way or another and at least by accepting the return you're not going to be out your fees and you're less likely to get your feedback and DSR's slammed.

And if you don't care about your feedback or DSR's.... then you really won't be selling on eBay for much longer.

And about the feedback.... eBay has explained to buyers that they have completed their obligation as a buyer once they have submitted payment. By withholding feedback you are going against the norm. You are going to see more and more buyers wondering where their feedback is if you withhold it, and you are going to give buyers more reasons to ding your stars.

It's not like you can leave negative feedback or false positives (i.e. positive feedback alluding that the buyer opened a case or is a scammer). By leaving false positives you open your self up to getting a violation against your account which again is one step closer to being forced off eBay.

If you really want to leave some sort of vindictive feedback against a buyer (for what reason I can only guess it makes you feel better?) then just leave follow up feedback after the sale.

To do that all you have to do is search for "follow up feedback" under the support link/tab in your browser when you are on the eBay website. On the following page you search for the buyer/sellers account and you can leave a follow up comment to your original feedback left.

Seriously though... read up on the rule changes and either decide you can play along or just stop selling. I'm not trying to sound like a dick but you'll be much happier either way because you'll either enlighten yourself to the current policies and have a better understanding of how a seller is supposed to act on eBay or you will realize that the new policies are abusrd and you aren't able to adapt and you'll save yourself the headache of trying to sell on eBay "Your way".

#99 Gregtastic

Gregtastic

Posted 04 February 2013 - 03:24 PM

I'm going to say this with all the kindness I can muster and hopefully what I write is helpful.

You really shouldn't be selling on eBay unless you're willing to adapt to the "new" eBay and how it expects it sellers to operate. If you continue to have the "I'll sell how I want to and I'm not going to take any crap from any buyers" you won't be selling on eBay much longer. They don't need small sellers anymore. It is no longer the place it used to be where small sellers were King.

Regarding your "No return policy" why set it like that? eBay is going to allow buyers to return items (often at your expense) if you don't allow them to return them at their expense. All a buyer has to do within 45 days of purchase is file a Significantly Not as Described (SNAD) claim and you'll be accepting the return. Doesn't matter the reason and it doesn't matter the item.

Just because you have a return policy doesn't mean you're going to be renting games to buyers. I've mailed out hundreds of items and had two buyers request returns. In both instances I got the same game back in the same condition.

At that point you just open a cancellation request and once it is approved you get your fees back. No harm done. Yes you might have to relist the item and yes it might sell for less but it is better then causing a stink; if the buyer really wants to return the game you're going to be taking it back one way or another and at least by accepting the return you're not going to be out your fees and you're less likely to get your feedback and DSR's slammed.

And if you don't care about your feedback or DSR's.... then you really won't be selling on eBay for much longer.

And about the feedback.... eBay has explained to buyers that they have completed their obligation as a buyer once they have submitted payment. By withholding feedback you are going against the norm. You are going to see more and more buyers wondering where their feedback is if you withhold it, and you are going to give buyers more reasons to ding your stars.

It's not like you can leave negative feedback or false positives (i.e. positive feedback alluding that the buyer opened a case or is a scammer). By leaving false positives you open your self up to getting a violation against your account which again is one step closer to being forced off eBay.

If you really want to leave some sort of vindictive feedback against a buyer (for what reason I can only guess it makes you feel better?) then just leave follow up feedback after the sale.

To do that all you have to do is search for "follow up feedback" under the support link/tab in your browser when you are on the eBay website. On the following page you search for the buyer/sellers account and you can leave a follow up comment to your original feedback left.

Seriously though... read up on the rule changes and either decide you can play along or just stop selling. I'm not trying to sound like a dick but you'll be much happier either way because you'll either enlighten yourself to the current policies and have a better understanding of how a seller is supposed to act on eBay or you will realize that the new policies are abusrd and you aren't able to adapt and you'll save yourself the headache of trying to sell on eBay "Your way".

If that guy messages me back with a different reason for returning the game I'll do it, but he said he wanted to return it because it didn't play on the 360. It does. Even if I didn't mention the return policy I still wasn't going to say yes based off of that one misinformed message....

As for the other ass clown who I "withheld feedback from".

I'm sorry, but a transaction is NOT over until the buyer receives the item and properly handles any disagreements with it/how it was shipped. Even if they think I shipped their item out too slow (which I didn't) or was stupid for not immediately leaving them feedback (which I didn't), what they did is not proper procedure either.

Leaving feedback on eBay is NOT mandatory. I would have left positive feedback once they got their item and didn't give me a hard time, as it is clearly obvious to me that the customer is a scumbag....but instead they get NO feedback, so whatever.

If it was the feedback they cared about they would have handled it differently.

I hate eBay. I use it because right now I need a little extra cash. As a matter of fact, now that my income tax has been returned and I've handled a quite expensive family issue I may not need it for a very long time. So, I will either stop selling very soon, or have no problem if they want to boot me off the site.

Follow @num1greg
TrueAchievements

#100 Gregtastic

Gregtastic

Posted 04 February 2013 - 03:30 PM

Also:

Feedback extortion
Buyers aren't allowed to use threats of poor Feedback or low detailed seller ratings to get something that wasn't part of the original listing. Sellers aren't allowed to demand positive Feedback from buyers.

My buyer: I'm certain that you do not want to wait to give me feedback. Have it your way =)

If you've successfully completed a transaction with another eBay member and they haven't left you Feedback, it's fine to send them a quick email as a friendly reminder. But remember that Feedback is completely voluntary.

I didn't "withhold" crap. It is my prerogative to say "you are a crappy eBayer, I'm not going to lie and tell people you are good to deal with.

Follow @num1greg
TrueAchievements

#101 TiKi2

TiKi2

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 February 2013 - 03:31 PM

I don't leave feedback till I get it. Leaving feedback every time someone pays you is just a waste of time. A lot of the mega sellers especially from china have autobots leaving feedback once they have received it.

#102 GBAstar

GBAstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 February 2013 - 03:33 PM

If that guy messages me back with a different reason for returning the game I'll do it, but he said he wanted to return it because it didn't play on the 360. It does. Even if I didn't mention the return policy I still wasn't going to say yes based off of that one misinformed message....

As for the other ass clown who I "withheld feedback from".

I'm sorry, but a transaction is NOT over until the buyer receives the item and properly handles any disagreements with it/how it was shipped. Even if they think I shipped their item out too slow (which I didn't) or was stupid for not immediately leaving them feedback (which I didn't), what they did is not proper procedure either.

Leaving feedback on eBay is NOT mandatory. I would have left positive feedback once they got their item and didn't give me a hard time, as it is clearly obvious to me that the customer is a scumbag....but instead they get NO feedback, so whatever.

If it was the feedback they cared about they would have handled it differently.

I hate eBay. I use it because right now I need a little extra cash. As a matter of fact, now that my income tax has been returned and I've handled a quite expensive family issue I may not need it for a very long time. So, I will either stop selling very soon, or have no problem if they want to boot me off the site.

You don't have to apologize you can sell any way you'd like but I'm just trying to give you suggestions that would make your selling experience less agitated.

And I don't think any sellers are happy with eBay (except maybe Chinese exporters or eBay Diamond sellers like ToysRUs, Newegg, Buy, etc.) but it really is about adapting to policies.

You certainly don't have to leave feedback but buyers have grown to expect it and if t takes 5 seconds to leave it after you create a shipping label.

And I understand your point about the sale not being over but what do you gain by NOT leaving feedback? It's not like it is going to skew their feedback % as all they can receive is positives. All you're doing is just frustrating the buyer... again not a good thing.

Selling on eBay and unloading some of my junk has allowed me the extra money to buy more junk. I don't like any of the new policies except the "report a buyer" feature. But I know what I need to do to keep my account in good standing.

I just hate seeing sellers get upset over things like this when I feel like the issues could have been resolved better.

#103 GBAstar

GBAstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 February 2013 - 03:38 PM

I don't leave feedback till I get it. Leaving feedback every time someone pays you is just a waste of time. A lot of the mega sellers especially from china have autobots leaving feedback once they have received it.

Do you print your labels through eBay?(If not then what you're doing would be the definition of a "waste of time")?

If you do print your labels through eBay after the label prints there will be a link that prompts you to leave feedback. Click on it and enter one of the standard feedback messages.

I don't get the mentality of "I'm not going to leave feedback until I receive it". What does that accomplish?

Do you think you're protecting yourself? Or are you trying not to reward a bad a buyer? Just move on from that sale and look to the next one.

You don't have to believe me but by not leaving feedback all you are doing is creating more hassle for yourself later on.

This is the same type of mentality I would expect from the sellers who put "no international buyers" in their listing but don't ever put up blocks on their paypal account not to accept payments from international buyers.

#104 Gregtastic

Gregtastic

Posted 04 February 2013 - 05:05 PM

You don't have to apologize you can sell any way you'd like but I'm just trying to give you suggestions that would make your selling experience less agitated.

And I don't think any sellers are happy with eBay (except maybe Chinese exporters or eBay Diamond sellers like ToysRUs, Newegg, Buy, etc.) but it really is about adapting to policies.

You certainly don't have to leave feedback but buyers have grown to expect it and if t takes 5 seconds to leave it after you create a shipping label.

And I understand your point about the sale not being over but what do you gain by NOT leaving feedback? It's not like it is going to skew their feedback % as all they can receive is positives. All you're doing is just frustrating the buyer... again not a good thing.

Selling on eBay and unloading some of my junk has allowed me the extra money to buy more junk. I don't like any of the new policies except the "report a buyer" feature. But I know what I need to do to keep my account in good standing.

I just hate seeing sellers get upset over things like this when I feel like the issues could have been resolved better.

I like to leave feedback a day or two after the item is delivered. This way not only did they pay for the item (duh, you should do that), but they had a chance to come and complain to me if anything went wrong.

NOW, if a buyer wants me to leave feedback before the item is delivered I would gladly say yes IF A) they paid promptly B) they didn't threaten me for the feedback C) the auction went down for the most part in a non-shady way.

This buyer A) waited 4-5 days to pay and B) contacted me off the bat in what I consider a shady way, asking for immediate feedback and complaining about the item not being shipped when I have 2 day handling time.

As a matter of personal preference I don't like to leave positive feedback for someone who I know is going to give me a hard time. And if that means I get negative from them, so be it. But I'd rather get a negative from a buyer here and there than be telling the rest of eBay they are great buyers.

This buyer also had feedback like:

>>>Sellers BEWARE! Buyer will threaten to leave negative feedback!<<<

The point of feedback is to let sellers know what to expect from buyers. If you just leave positive feedback halfway through the process and ignore what happens once they get the item, or once they leave feedback for you, then you are not helping other sellers know what to expect.

Follow @num1greg
TrueAchievements

#105 TiKi2

TiKi2

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 February 2013 - 05:10 PM

Do you print your labels through eBay?(If not then what you're doing would be the definition of a "waste of time")?

If you do print your labels through eBay after the label prints there will be a link that prompts you to leave feedback. Click on it and enter one of the standard feedback messages.

I don't get the mentality of "I'm not going to leave feedback until I receive it". What does that accomplish?

Do you think you're protecting yourself? Or are you trying not to reward a bad a buyer? Just move on from that sale and look to the next one.

You don't have to believe me but by not leaving feedback all you are doing is creating more hassle for yourself later on.

This is the same type of mentality I would expect from the sellers who put "no international buyers" in their listing but don't ever put up blocks on their paypal account not to accept payments from international buyers.

Doesn't matter how you want to slice it, it still is a waste of time. Why the Fuck does a buyer need feedback anyways, they get nothing but positives. If you think about it leaving a buyer feedback is just stupid as Fuck, no other online venue leaves buyer feedback excluding forums.

#106 Will

Will

Official CAG Asshole

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 February 2013 - 05:35 PM

Im too scared to sell on ebay period. I dont want to sell something at the 100.00+ range and if the value drops within the return period and then they can return it for whatever reason and get that money back and keep the cheaper one.

http://www.cheapassg...trade-gone-bad/

Heroes.jpg
I dont trade out of the US anymore!!!!!!!

#107 edson13

edson13

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 February 2013 - 05:48 PM

Doesn't matter how you want to slice it, it still is a waste of time. Why the Fuck does a buyer need feedback anyways, they get nothing but positives. If you think about it leaving a buyer feedback is just stupid as Fuck, no other online venue leaves buyer feedback excluding forums.

yup. I hate people that request me to leave them feedback. Ill do it for a person who has low counts, but otherwise who cares, once it gets to a certain point it doesnt even matter anymore, it wont make a difference, unless youre trying to slang 1,000 vitas.

#108 aptanor

aptanor

Posted 06 February 2013 - 02:34 PM

Does anybody know how to get into contact with the postal inspection service? Not Ebay but I sold a 3DS on amazon a week ago and the buyer is insisting he never received it even though tracking says otherwise :/

Posted Image

#109 GBAstar

GBAstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 February 2013 - 02:49 PM

Does anybody know how to get into contact with the postal inspection service? Not Ebay but I sold a 3DS on amazon a week ago and the buyer is insisting he never received it even though tracking says otherwise :/

Either you or your buyer should fill this form out:

https://postalinspec...s/mlntrcvd.aspx

Did you have insurance?

Often times if the buyer is a scammer just letting them know that you are filing a report with the postal inspector and that they will be contacted to provide a statement is enough to get them to mysteriously find it with a neighbor.

#110 aptanor

aptanor

Posted 06 February 2013 - 02:51 PM

Yeah I told him in my last message that I was going to contact the post office and if they can't locate it then I'll contact the PIS. I had $100 of insurance, thankfully.

Posted Image

#111 GBAstar

GBAstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 February 2013 - 03:01 PM

Yeah I told him in my last message that I was going to contact the post office and if they can't locate it then I'll contact the PIS. I had $100 of insurance, thankfully.

Was the insurance through the post office or through a 3rd party provider (i.e. shipsurance)?

You may need for him to cooperate if you purchased insurance through the Post Office. At the very least they will do an investigation so hopefully that will be enough for him to come clean if it truly wasn't misdelivered or stolen.

I like to give the buyers the benefit of the doubt but I have mailed many many many many packages over the years through USPS and have never had one legitimately go missing. Some arrive late, I've had one arrived damaged but I've never had one just disappear (domestically at least).

#112 aptanor

aptanor

Posted 06 February 2013 - 03:19 PM

It's through the post office. I've never had a package dissapear either, which is why it makes me suspicious, especially when the tracking says he has it. The address was in a really strange format though, I'm not sure if it's an apartment building or what. Only thing I can think of is it's a complex and someone else in the building has it.

608 N FAIR OAKS AVE STE 130
PASADENA, CA 91103-4802

That's the address. Wasn't sure what STE 130 is :/

I also keep trying to call the post offices there. One keeps ringing and nobody answers, one must be off the hook because it's been busy all morning, and one goes to a dial-up or fax machine noise >:I

Posted Image

#113 GBAstar

GBAstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 February 2013 - 03:28 PM

STE is short for "suite";

Have you checked google earth/maps? Is it an office building?

#114 aptanor

aptanor

Posted 06 February 2013 - 03:33 PM

Google maps was no help, for that address it showed me what looked like a big plot of buildings from aerial view, but when I went to street view the closest it would show me was a home on the outside of the block :/ Leaving out STE 130 shows the same building.

Only thing I can think of is maybe it's a gated community with it's own street numbers.

Posted Image

#115 skiizim

skiizim

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 February 2013 - 04:10 PM

They look like town homes, I was trying to look at the numbers off the street but if the idiot postal worker left it on the front doorstep. Some one could have taken it off the streets, I found 608 but couldn't read the numbers on the front door.

#116 Finger_Shocker

Finger_Shocker

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 February 2013 - 04:38 PM

A picture says 1000 words. 3 pictures says WTF!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

So I take a long time to ship but it arrived on the first estimated date? OK.

HOW the hell do you run a company the scale of eBay which lets buyers leave low DSR for shipping/handling when they item CLEARLY was shipped and handled properly and you have PROOF of it.

calling your buyer scum does not impove your overall standing, nor does it help when other buyers are looking at you and giving you the benefit of the doubt

#117 Finger_Shocker

Finger_Shocker

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 February 2013 - 04:40 PM

so you sold a 3ds without signature confirmation.....:applause::roll:

#118 Chedeng88

Chedeng88

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 February 2013 - 04:48 PM

Personally, I always add signature confirmation for items that are $100 and above.
$2-3 well spent for scum protection and added peace of mind.

#119 GBAstar

GBAstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 February 2013 - 04:53 PM

Personally, I always add signature confirmation for items that are $100 and above.
$2-3 well spent for scum protection and added peace of mind.

If this was an eBay sale (I believe he said it wasn't) it wouldn't matter; as long as the USPS delivery confirmation number showed as "Delivered" to the same zip code as what was on the original PayPal invoice then he would be covered regardless what the buyer claimed as an INR excuse as long as the purchase was less then $250.

Signature confirmation is only required for purchases over $250 and besides peace of mind it doesn't give you any extra protection on purchases with a values less then $250.

It does cost more and could delay delivery if the buyer isn't home. I would have to imagine that "porch snatchers" make up a very small percentage of mail fraud

#120 skiizim

skiizim

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 February 2013 - 05:56 PM

I think Amazon is different, if I remember correctly from what people have posted. Amazon doesn't give a crap what the usps tracking says since it only says delivered in the zipcode and doesn't really prove much.