• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 November 2013 - 06:57 AM

delete

#1172 stepasyd

stepasyd

add me on PSN/XBL/STEAM!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 November 2013 - 08:12 PM

I so badly hate slow/non paying buyers... I've had about a half dozen non payers, and someone who submitted a best offer, I accepted within 3 minutes, and is been 2 days without payment now.. Just get tired of having to initiate unpaid item cases left and right.

#1173 Ferrari Racer

Ferrari Racer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 November 2013 - 09:13 PM

I so badly hate slow/non paying buyers... I've had about a half dozen non payers, and someone who submitted a best offer, I accepted within 3 minutes, and is been 2 days without payment now.. Just get tired of having to initiate unpaid item cases left and right.

A good way to prevent this is using the Buyer Restriction settings

ITS%20DAT%20DAM%20KID.png

#1174 stepasyd

stepasyd

add me on PSN/XBL/STEAM!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 November 2013 - 12:05 AM

already set to 2 unpaid item strikes within the last 12 months.

#1175 jatink129

jatink129

Mister Aladdin, sir What will your pleasure be?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 November 2013 - 12:19 AM

A better way to set up your payment policies to Instant Payment on your buy it now items.

So upon clicking the button, they're forced to pay right then.

There is a theory which states that if ever anybody discovers exactly what the Universe is for and why it is here,

it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable...

There is another theory which states that this has already happened.

#1176 randamin

randamin

Posted 11 November 2013 - 12:49 AM

Two weeks ago I won a 4GB Xbox slim to replace the one that broke which I bought from cowboom two months ago (long story, shold've bought the warranty from them). I paid within the hour of auction end since I wanted to have it shipped out quickly. Two days later seller contacted me to let me know a drink was spilled on the console while packing. The seller agreed to refund once the option showed up but we all know the option to refund should show up right away. Case opened and am now waiting for buyer protection to kick in.

No shares available at this time

#1177 vantheman

vantheman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 November 2013 - 02:28 AM

How long does eBay/PayPal usually take to solve a dispute? I've had one open for about two weeks now.

#1178 isr34l

isr34l

The Business Bitch

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 November 2013 - 03:06 AM

This is my first time ever listing stuff on eBay, so hope someone doesn't try to scam me.  :whee:

I don't have a postage scale, can anybody give me an estimation of what a NDS game (Nintendogs) would weight with one of those Bazic padded envelopes? (My guess is less than 4oz.)

#1179 Kaipper

Kaipper

Posted 11 November 2013 - 03:15 AM

This is my first time ever listing stuff on eBay, so hope someone doesn't try to scam me.  :whee:

I don't have a postage scale, can anybody give me an estimation of what a NDS game (Nintendogs) would weight with one of those Bazic padded envelopes? (My guess is less than 4oz.)

I just weighed one and it was 4.5 oz. So with an envelope, go for 6 oz (which is pretty typical for most non-CE console games as far as I've found).

#1180 isr34l

isr34l

The Business Bitch

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 November 2013 - 03:24 AM

I just weighed one and it was 4.5 oz. So with an envelope, go for 6 oz (which is pretty typical for most non-CE console games as far as I've found).

Thank you! :D

My other item, which was a brand new Wii U game,  sold to an eBayer with a +6 feedback score. Should I be worried?  :whee:

#1181 stepasyd

stepasyd

add me on PSN/XBL/STEAM!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 November 2013 - 12:14 PM

A better way to set up your payment policies to Instant Payment on your buy it now items.

Already had this set, as well. The problem is with folks who put in bids, and cause the auction to run it's course...

#1182 thenutman69321

thenutman69321

Posted 11 November 2013 - 04:13 PM

How long does eBay/PayPal usually take to solve a dispute? I've had one open for about two weeks now.

If I remember correctly it can take up to 6 weeks.  I opened a dispute once and the seller refused to respond so Paypal let it run the max amount of time which I believe was 6 weeks.

#1183 Billytwoshoes

Billytwoshoes

Perpetually behind the times

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 November 2013 - 06:15 PM

Things have gotten so much smoother when I started doing this earlier in the year (right after they made the eBay fees flat for both auction and BIN listings).  I don't like doing auction listings anymore, unless its a rare item that I'm not quite sure on its value.

Just don't even give them an option to bid auction style, do BIN listings, fixed price 30 day listings, require immediate payment (which requires you to upgrade your PayPal account from personal to premier or business), so non-paying bidders are a thing of the past.

#1184 kodave

kodave

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 November 2013 - 07:40 PM

Already had this set, as well. The problem is with folks who put in bids, and cause the auction to run it's course...

This is the answer to your problems:

Just don't even give them an option to bid auction style, do BIN listings, fixed price 30 day listings, require immediate payment (which requires you to upgrade your PayPal account from personal to premier or business), so non-paying bidders are a thing of the past.

#1185 vantheman

vantheman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 November 2013 - 10:42 PM

So my case was closed, (of course I lost) so I lost all my money from the listing, and now for some reason they accidentally doubled the amount to be paid back, so now I have to contact them about that. Starting to get really pissed off with eBay/Paypal. They really need to get it together.

Edit: So apparently the extra charge was a $20 fee? Can someone explain that to me?

#1186 jatink129

jatink129

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 November 2013 - 04:36 AM

So my case was closed, (of course I lost) so I lost all my money from the listing, and now for some reason they accidentally doubled the amount to be paid back, so now I have to contact them about that. Starting to get really pissed off with eBay/Paypal. They really need to get it together.

Edit: So apparently the extra charge was a $20 fee? Can someone explain that to me?

What was the case all about?

There is a theory which states that if ever anybody discovers exactly what the Universe is for and why it is here,

it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable...

#1187 tonyv4

tonyv4

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 November 2013 - 05:10 AM

Maybe a chargeback fee?

#1188 vantheman

vantheman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 November 2013 - 05:44 AM

The case was from a buyer who bought my amazon gift card I was selling for a friend, but apparently it was a stolen account, so I lost the money even though I had proof I sent it as they don't cover digital goods. I will have to contact them about the $20 fee as they never said anything about it.

#1189 jatink129

jatink129

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2013 - 03:35 PM

The case was from a buyer who bought my amazon gift card I was selling for a friend, but apparently it was a stolen account, so I lost the money even though I had proof I sent it as they don't cover digital goods. I will have to contact them about the $20 fee as they never said anything about it.

And that's why you should always ship gift cards. I don't even deal with them. Too much chance for fraud.

Sorry this happened to you.

#1190 jatink129

jatink129

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2013 - 03:37 PM

I was just checking up on a buyer who hadn't left me feedback...Usually I check to see if they've left fb for others, then I wait a week and send them a reminder.

This buyer hasn't left feedback for anyone since 2010.  :-o  :-o  :shock:

#1191 stepasyd

stepasyd

add me on PSN/XBL/STEAM!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2013 - 05:55 PM

and yet another ebay customer of mine ends up falling out of the stupid tree and hitting every branch.

I shipped a game Tuesday after the holiday, It was bought through a buy-it-now on Sunday. I checked the address and all on google, looked legit. Fast forward to today, I'm checking the shipping, as I thought it was to be delivered today. and low and behold...another one of these.

Undeliverable as Addressed

Nov-14-13, 10:27 AM, OXFORD, MI 48371

Out for Delivery

Nov-14-13, 09:47 AM, OXFORD, MI 48371

Sorting Complete

Nov-14-13, 09:37 AM, OXFORD, MI 48371

Arrival at Post Office

Nov-14-13, 08:31 AM, OXFORD, MI 48371

so I quickly contact the buyer, letting him know there may have been an error in the address he provided for me to ship to, that he may want to check in with his local post office to see if he can pick it up, since there was an issue.

He replies soon after with:

Can you send it to 1234 street name, town, state, zip

:boxing:

#1192 Dokstarr

Dokstarr

Tap, Snap or Nap

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2013 - 11:16 PM

People,

I was wondering if anyone has ever shipped to a hotel before.

Person just bought something and the address is confirmed and the person is paypal verified but they want it shipped it a hotel in NY. Comfort Inn.

My guy goes with cancel it so I probably will, but I wanted to get feedback from others before I did.

Main issue I see with this is that this is a PS4 which is ripe with scammers right now. Also, if I get signature confirmation who is going to sign for it. I don't see the concierge counting as someone who will count with the signature confirmation.

Any input would be appreciated.

#1193 stepasyd

stepasyd

add me on PSN/XBL/STEAM!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2013 - 11:19 PM

Maybe he works there? Guy I work with gets all of his packages sent to our work, weird, but the only logical reason that comes to mind right off hand.

#1194 Bumslie

Bumslie

Don't Shit Where You Eat

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2013 - 11:32 PM

People,

I was wondering if anyone has ever shipped to a hotel before.

Person just bought something and the address is confirmed and the person is paypal verified but they want it shipped it a hotel in NY. Comfort Inn.

My guy goes with cancel it so I probably will, but I wanted to get feedback from others before I did.

Main issue I see with this is that this is a PS4 which is ripe with scammers right now. Also, if I get signature confirmation who is going to sign for it. I don't see the concierge counting as someone who will count with the signature confirmation.

Any input would be appreciated.

I had a person in the UK that bought a shirt from me and wanted it shipped to his work address. The odd thing was there was no numbers in front of the street name. He told me he worked in a big factory in England and not to worry about the address. I sent the shirt and everything worked out. 

I would cover yourself as much as possible since were talking about a PS4 here.

BumslieOG.png

#1195 Dokstarr

Dokstarr

Tap, Snap or Nap

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2013 - 11:41 PM

Maybe he works there? Guy I work with gets all of his packages sent to our work, weird, but the only logical reason that comes to mind right off hand.

Turns out this is going with a person who is staying at the hotel and he is bringing to back to Brazil. Blargh. Why couldn't someone normal just buy it hah.

#1196 stepasyd

stepasyd

add me on PSN/XBL/STEAM!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2013 - 01:42 AM

no kidding. :(

#1197 betobuster

betobuster

Purple Ewok Eater

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2013 - 02:15 AM

Please please please . . . don't bash me for my stupidity/mistake(s) . . . :cry:

So, some time ago, I sent a game console for repair to some guy on eBay. He had very high feedback, and it was all positive. I received it back in working condition, but it got busted again. This dude offered a "warranty" with his repairs, so I sent it back to him under the agreement that he'd repair it for free, as per his "warranty."

I never should have sent it back, as I haven't seen it since. He first gave excuses as to why he hadn't sent it back. The first ones seemed reasonable, and valid. After a while, I was fairly certain I wasn't ever going to see my console again. He stopped replying to my emails, closed his eBay account, as well as his email account.

I eventually found out that he had a  barebones website that he uses for some pc/console repair business. He had his cell # posted on it, and so I contacted him on using it. When he asked what the problem with my console, I told him that he had stolen it. He denied being the person, and pretended to have only made the website. He did mention that my incident probably took place during the repair guy's divorce (second of many excuses I had previously received from the guy, back when he was still on eBay). I thought I was finally going to get somewhere.

NOPE. Just like before, there were no more replies. I reported his repair service to the BBB, and reported him for mail fraud. That got me nowhere. I emailed his business email using every single email account I had, left voicemails, and even emailed his (former?) place of work (the 2nd time I sent the console, he had me ship it there). Eventually he responded telling me to send him my paypal address (for a refund). Nothing happened. I contacted him again, and he told me to Fuck off.  :-x

Like Amazon gift cards? win one/some here: 

#1198 kodave

kodave

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2013 - 06:48 AM

Please please please . . . don't bash me for my stupidity/mistake(s) . . . :cry:

So, some time ago, I sent a game console for repair to some guy on eBay. He had very high feedback, and it was all positive. I received it back in working condition, but it got busted again. This dude offered a "warranty" with his repairs, so I sent it back to him under the agreement that he'd repair it for free, as per his "warranty."

I never should have sent it back, as I haven't seen it since. He first gave excuses as to why he hadn't sent it back. The first ones seemed reasonable, and valid. After a while, I was fairly certain I wasn't ever going to see my console again. He stopped replying to my emails, closed his eBay account, as well as his email account.

I eventually found out that he had a  barebones website that he uses for some pc/console repair business. He had his cell # posted on it, and so I contacted him on using it. When he asked what the problem with my console, I told him that he had stolen it. He denied being the person, and pretended to have only made the website. He did mention that my incident probably took place during the repair guy's divorce (second of many excuses I had previously received from the guy, back when he was still on eBay). I thought I was finally going to get somewhere.

NOPE. Just like before, there were no more replies. I reported his repair service to the BBB, and reported him for mail fraud. That got me nowhere. I emailed his business email using every single email account I had, left voicemails, and even emailed his (former?) place of work (the 2nd time I sent the console, he had me ship it there). Eventually he responded telling me to send him my paypal address (for a refund). Nothing happened. I contacted him again, and he told me to Fuck off.  :-x

Yeah you got scammed. People sell repair services on eBay? Weird. Why didn't you take it somewhere local? Is he in the same state as you or a state you can readily get to? You could try filing a small claims lawsuit against him.

#1199 betobuster

betobuster

Purple Ewok Eater

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2013 - 05:52 AM

Yeah you got scammed. People sell repair services on eBay? Weird. Why didn't you take it somewhere local? Is he in the same state as you or a state you can readily get to? You could try filing a small claims lawsuit against him.

He's in a faraway state. As to why I didn't go local, I really don't know. :dunce:  :-(

Like Amazon gift cards? win one/some here: 

#1200 kodave

kodave

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2013 - 08:48 AM

He's in a faraway state. As to why I didn't go local, I really don't know. :dunce:  :-(

Have you tried contacting eBay/PayPal? They might be able to give you something back in the way of money. I don't know what the eBay/PayPal policy is with "Specialty Services" that involve repair of electronics.