The General eBay Rant Thread

• Please log in to reply
2207 replies to this topic

#1591 YoshiFan1

YoshiFan1

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 March 2014 - 06:36 PM

I hope item not received disputes don't count since now if a buyer asks where the item is and selects "I haven't received my item" as the choice it automatically opens a dispute and I still want to keep my regular top rated status.

Also starting November 1st to December 31st, you have to accept returns to January 31st to keep the 20% FVF discount. I don't care if it is the holidays with people buying gifts or not, an up to 90 day return policy is ridiculous especially with video games where something like a sports game can drop in value a lot in that time period. It won't matter to me since I lost the 20% discount when I refused to have a 1 day handling policy and accept returns (I know you can be forced into it anyway) but I feel bad for any sellers who gets taken advantage of by this.

#1592 juangrande386

juangrande386

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 March 2014 - 11:06 PM

Got my Guitar Hero controller back today..........IT WORKS JUST FUCKING FINE! So im assuming the guy probably had someone rip on him for paying $71 for a plastic guitar so he made up all that BS knowing Ebay/Paypal would give him a BJ and his refund. Theres a reason I have "No Returns" selected in my listings, I know my stuff works! Glad that doesnt matter to Paypal though! 

http://mbsy.co/lootcrate/8401525 Loot Crate (Get boxes of tech/gamer/nerd stuff delievered every month)

http://www.ebates.co...TvZAODnfHwJLg== Earn Cash Back on shopping sites

http://sensor2.suite...S=1&RPID=282220 Tango Giftcards for running an app

Earn giftcards for Amazon and other places by clicking the referral links. Help a brother out while youre at it :)

#1593 GBAstar

GBAstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 March 2014 - 11:42 PM

I hope item not received disputes don't count since now if a buyer asks where the item is and selects "I haven't received my item" as the choice it automatically opens a dispute and I still want to keep my regular top rated status.

Also starting November 1st to December 31st, you have to accept returns to January 31st to keep the 20% FVF discount. I don't care if it is the holidays with people buying gifts or not, an up to 90 day return policy is ridiculous especially with video games where something like a sports game can drop in value a lot in that time period. It won't matter to me since I lost the 20% discount when I refused to have a 1 day handling policy and accept returns (I know you can be forced into it anyway) but I feel bad for any sellers who gets taken advantage of by this.

Open cases have no visible effect against your account (although people are pretty sure eBay tracks that). Only open cases that are escalated to a dispute and NOT found in your favor count against your selling account

#1594 YoshiFan1

YoshiFan1

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 March 2014 - 11:47 PM

That's good to hear, I ended up escalating an item not received the dispute myself a few weeks ago by calling EBay since I wanted it taken care of and they closed it in my favor right away.

#1595 ferant316

ferant316

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 March 2014 - 03:20 AM

While a 90 day return policy does scare me, according to eBay I sold 506 items in the last 30 days which IMO is a fair amount. Do you want to know how many returned due to not liking it, beating it already, etc.? Zero, zip, none. In fact in everything I ever sold on eBay it has happened ONCE. Now I don't know if that is just luck (though I sure do attract plenty of crazies more on that later) or if eBay buyers just don't return as much. I hope it is the latter and not just luck as that will suck come the holidays.

As for my latest story of crazies I sold a game on Friday afternoon, shipped it Friday afternoon and shows "Delivered" yesterday. Now today the buyer messages me the following "i have not received my item!!!!!!!!! the tracking says it is delivered i have nothing!!!!! what the f*** scamming business are you running i want a full refund and pay pall me $40$ or i will leave you neg a 0 dsr and all my friends will too and you will be off ebay and out of business!!!!!"

Crazy? Or just fucking crazy?

#1596 Billytwoshoes

Billytwoshoes

Perpetually behind the times

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 March 2014 - 05:50 AM

Got my Guitar Hero controller back today..........IT WORKS JUST FUCKING FINE! So im assuming the guy probably had someone rip on him for paying $71 for a plastic guitar so he made up all that BS knowing Ebay/Paypal would give him a BJ and his refund. Theres a reason I have "No Returns" selected in my listings, I know my stuff works! Glad that doesnt matter to Paypal though! 

Good to hear that, much better than someone junking your perfectly good merch and you being the one to have to pay for it.

#1597 DNukem170

DNukem170

Dance like you want to win, Gundam!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 March 2014 - 08:41 AM

I think this might be the rarest Pokemon card in existance: http://pages.ebay.co...id=271423363232

#1598 ShadowAssassin

ShadowAssassin

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 March 2014 - 07:27 AM

Question about eBay's International Shipping Program:

If you sell a high value item and an international buyer buys it, is there even a point to ship it USPS with signature confirmation, since the item will be going to an eBay hub to be rerouted internationally?

Or once it reaches the eBay hub, will they transfer the signature confirmation status to the international shipping?

Not sure on this. A buyer from Russia bought an item from me and I'm a tad nervous because Russia is very known for fraud. Doesn't have a 0 feedback or anything, though.

#1599 GBAstar

GBAstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 March 2014 - 07:31 AM

Question about eBay's International Shipping Program:

If you sell a high value item and an international buyer buys it, is there even a point to ship it USPS with signature confirmation, since the item will be going to an eBay hub to be rerouted internationally?

Or once it reaches the eBay hub, will they transfer the signature confirmation status to the international shipping?

Not sure on this. A buyer from Russia bought an item from me and I'm a tad nervous because Russia is very known for fraud. Doesn't have a 0 feedback or anything, though.

Once it reaches the hub you're not responsible for Item Not Received (INR) disputes; just Not as Described (SNAD) disputes.

It's up to you if you think it's necessary to have signature confirmation or insurance on the package for its trip from your residence to the Global Shipping Program (GSP) hub.

If for whatever reason the GSP loses the package or it doesn't get delivered to the GSP you're still on the hook

#1600 ShadowAssassin

ShadowAssassin

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 March 2014 - 07:33 AM

Then I won't do signature confirmation, just insurance and tracking.

#1601 ShadowAssassin

ShadowAssassin

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 March 2014 - 07:40 AM

Do you just use the address as-is via Paypal or do you need to put a separate label on your shipping box with the reference ID #?

#1602 GBAstar

GBAstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 March 2014 - 07:42 AM

Then I won't do signature confirmation, just insurance and tracking.

I know with USPS, if you purchase USPS insurance over $250 it used to require a signature anyways so buying both is redundant. Other services like FedEx include free signature confirmation on packages with a declared value of over $500.

I ship my own international packages and don't have any experience or advice in regards to the GSP program but pack it will and take at least one picture... I have read a few horror stories where the company that runs the GSP program opens items to inspect them and then repackages them into different boxes (sometimes ill fitting) so that they can get a better rate with whatever shipping service they use.

Do you just use the address as-is via Paypal or do you need to put a separate label on your shipping box with the reference ID #?

Honestly I don't know. I have international buyers that use independent freight forwarding companies that act like the GSP and those companies usually send me a message asking to write the item number on the outside of the box so they can more easily identify the package but I don't know what the eBay GSP program requires as I haven't used it before.

#1603 ShadowAssassin

ShadowAssassin

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 March 2014 - 08:16 AM

When you say take a picture, do you mean of the item packed in the box?

When I ship items I typically put them in larger boxes, this way I can put a lot of packaging material in it. I don't like to use boxes that the item fits "just right" in there, because when you add the packing material it becomes too much and won't fit, so I would have to use less packing material and if for whatever reason the package is dropped, and the item is flush against the box, even with some bubble wrap it could get damaged.

#1604 GBAstar

GBAstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 March 2014 - 08:24 AM

When you say take a picture, do you mean of the item packed in the box?

When I ship items I typically put them in larger boxes, this way I can put a lot of packaging material in it. I don't like to use boxes that the item fits "just right" in there, because when you add the packing material it becomes too much and won't fit, so I would have to use less packing material and if for whatever reason the package is dropped, and the item is flush against the box, even with some bubble wrap it could get damaged.

I don't know if it'd do any good but I'd say just keep accurate pictures of what you're selling looked like before you sent it to the GSP as I've read posts in the seller sections about them repackaging items to save money as I'm sure they pay based on overall volume (size) so they want thigs to take up as little space as possible.

If the item is damaged in transit it's of course on the GSP. If they mess something up repacking it (and arent honest about it) or it doesn't look like the damage occurred from transit then it's a SNAD issue and it is your word against the buyers or against GSP.

Again I'm sure problems like those make up a very tiny percentage of incidents (vocal minority) but just keep it in mind.

As I said before I haven't used them so I don't know if they open all items, some, and if it is done randomly or based on what the item is but I do know they open packages to make sure they are sending what the buyer expects.

#1605 Alamo

Alamo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 March 2014 - 12:00 PM

Hey guys, need some help on Ebay so I guess this thread is somewhat related.

I received an AC adapter that was not up to snuff, so I opened up an Ebay Case with the seller asking if I could exchange it for another. He agreed and is even sending the item new to me, and sending a pre-paid label along with it so I can return the old back to him.

How does this work in the Resolution Center? Do I respond (he said he is sending it today) and do I keep the case open or do I close it?

Do all of this after I receive the new AC adapter?

if anyone can answer.

#1606 YoshiFan1

YoshiFan1

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 March 2014 - 05:08 PM

Wait until after you receive the new adapter and test it before closing the case.

#1607 elessar123

elessar123

96.5% more WUB WUB

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 March 2014 - 08:32 PM

Address as-is via the Paypal label. It's usually to a shipping hub in KY.

The annoying thing is that eBay gives you only so many days to get it to the hub before the buyer can dock you points for shipping. It's only bad for items sold on the west coast with economy shipping, because eBay gives you less days than parcel post or media mail might take. I've never ran into issues, but the potential is there.

I've shipped maybe a dozen things through the hub, and I've never had a dispute. One person complained about the price being so high, but it's not like I see any of the money.

elessar123.png

#1608 ShadowAssassin

ShadowAssassin

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 March 2014 - 11:49 PM

Shipped the item out today and like I mentioned in the USPS topic, I got the message from eBay when I entered it that "this looks like a label number and not a tracking number. Make sure this is a tracking number." Well I shipped 2 day Priority and they told me it was tracking. Although it begins with a '1'. Can tracking numbers with Priority begin with numbers other than 9? I usually recall them all starting with 9, but I assume it can vary.

When I enter into USPS it says NOT FOUND, but it may not be updated yet. Person circled it on the receipt and told me this is your Priority Mail tracking number.

#1609 ShadowAssassin

ShadowAssassin

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 March 2014 - 09:13 PM

I ordered an item from an international seller and he told me it could take up to 4 weeks to get the item. He has a low feedback, but it isn't bad feedback. All positives. eBay gives you 30 days to file a claim. That's right up against that 4 week delivery(if it takes that long)

So far it's been 2 weeks and I still didn't get it. I know items can get stuck in customs sometimes. The thing is, if it does take a full 2 weeks, I don't want to be one of those sellers, but I'll pretty much have to file a claim with eBay, won't I or I'll lose my chance if it was a scam? Even if I do end up getting it a few days after.

#1610 DNukem170

DNukem170

Dance like you want to win, Gundam!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 March 2014 - 09:29 PM

My Zaavi and Amazon.uk orders take about 3 weeks to get to me.

#1611 elessar123

elessar123

96.5% more WUB WUB

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 March 2014 - 07:01 AM

I ordered an item from an international seller and he told me it could take up to 4 weeks to get the item. He has a low feedback, but it isn't bad feedback. All positives. eBay gives you 30 days to file a claim. That's right up against that 4 week delivery(if it takes that long)

So far it's been 2 weeks and I still didn't get it. I know items can get stuck in customs sometimes. The thing is, if it does take a full 2 weeks, I don't want to be one of those sellers, but I'll pretty much have to file a claim with eBay, won't I or I'll lose my chance if it was a scam? Even if I do end up getting it a few days after.

Just wait 28-29 days.

elessar123.png

#1612 GBAstar

GBAstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 March 2014 - 10:55 AM

Don't be that guy.

Knowing you I'm sure you selected the cheapest shipping method... possible. I sell internationally and there are countries out there where it legitimately takes 6-8 weeks for a package to arrive. Not everyone has world class infrastructure.

Also eBay INR policy is now estimated delivery date + 30 days. 

#1613 ShadowAssassin

ShadowAssassin

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 March 2014 - 08:35 PM

I didn't pick a shipping method. I bought an item and the guy shipped it.

If that's the case, then I won't need to. I just didn't want to get screwed over and I was a little concerned that it might have been a scam to where it takes just outside the estimated time to arrive and then I can't open a case and get my money back. If it's estimated date + 30 days, then I have no concerns.

#1614 GBAstar

GBAstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 March 2014 - 09:00 PM

I didn't pick a shipping method. I bought an item and the guy shipped it.

If that's the case, then I won't need to. I just didn't want to get screwed over and I was a little concerned that it might have been a scam to where it takes just outside the estimated time to arrive and then I can't open a case and get my money back. If it's estimated date + 30 days, then I have no concerns.

You can also open a case and then let it sit. You have 30 days from the date you open an INR received dispute to escalate it. So in theory you have more then two months to get your item.

I ship internationally and nothing frustrated me more then a buyer opening an INR case after 1-2 weeks when it takes at least 3-4 for the item to get there.

#1615 ShadowAssassin

ShadowAssassin

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 March 2014 - 11:33 PM

You can also open a case and then let it sit. You have 30 days from the date you open an INR received dispute to escalate it. So in theory you have more then two months to get your item.

I ship internationally and nothing frustrated me more then a buyer opening an INR case after 1-2 weeks when it takes at least 3-4 for the item to get there.

That is what I was suggesting prior, but you said "don't be that guy"

I know it's frustrating too. A guy opened a case on me the other day when he didn't get his item in 4 days and I shipped it on a Friday, so technically it was only 2 or 3 business days(USPS delivers on Sats so it was technically 3)

Then in the case it said "where's my item?"

He eventually got his item and never closed the case. I sent him 3 messages asking him to close it and no response. I'll just have to wait for it to expire.

I just wanted it open so I have the option, but if it's 30 days past the estimated delivery date then I probably won't need to, because the estimated date was 2-4 weeks.

#1616 ferant316

ferant316

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 March 2014 - 01:23 AM

Anyone ever had a buyer buy something, message asking to cancel and then decline the cancellation request for the transaction? Sucks to have to pay eBay fees on something because they bought it and realized they needed the money for bills and asked to cancel.

#1617 Donut2922

Donut2922

Read the OP!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 March 2014 - 04:17 PM

Anyone ever had a buyer buy something, message asking to cancel and then decline the cancellation request for the transaction? Sucks to have to pay eBay fees on something because they bought it and realized they needed the money for bills and asked to cancel.

Never happened to me yet but try to open an unpaid buyer case.  It may not be possible since you can't open two cases that are open at the same time. But since the cancellation was closed, maybe you can do that.

As a policy, I open unpaid cases against all buyers now regardless of their request.  I've had buyers similarly contact me right after committing to buy and ask for a cancellation.  After that, I send the cancellation and they sometimes don't bother to cancel it despite me messaging them to do so asap. So from now on, I punish buyers by dinging them with unpaid buyer strikes.  I figure that way, it teaches them a lesson for the next time they want to be lazy about following up.

Now playing:

:ps4: Last of Us: Remastered
:ps3: God of War: Ascension

:360: Gears of War 3, The Walking Dead Season Two: Episode 5

#1618 lmz00

lmz00

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2014 - 01:42 AM

Did they remove the ability to automatically decline lowball offers? It's still there when I revise my existing auctions, but not when I create new ones.

#1619 jatink129

jatink129

Mister Aladdin, sir What will your pleasure be?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2014 - 04:45 AM

Never happened to me yet but try to open an unpaid buyer case.  It may not be possible since you can't open two cases that are open at the same time. But since the cancellation was closed, maybe you can do that.

As a policy, I open unpaid cases against all buyers now regardless of their request.  I've had buyers similarly contact me right after committing to buy and ask for a cancellation.  After that, I send the cancellation and they sometimes don't bother to cancel it despite me messaging them to do so asap. So from now on, I punish buyers by dinging them with unpaid buyer strikes.  I figure that way, it teaches them a lesson for the next time they want to be lazy about following up.

But then what if they pay out of spite, then  file a SNAD, do a return, and give you a neg?

I've found that when a buyer asks for a cancellation, and then ignores the request or worse, denies it out of confusion, a quick call to eBay has always gotten me resolution.

There is a theory which states that if ever anybody discovers exactly what the Universe is for and why it is here,

it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable...

There is another theory which states that this has already happened.

#1620 cashgunschaos

cashgunschaos

Posted 20 March 2014 - 04:51 AM

While a 90 day return policy does scare me, according to eBay I sold 506 items in the last 30 days which IMO is a fair amount. Do you want to know how many returned due to not liking it, beating it already, etc.? Zero, zip, none. In fact in everything I ever sold on eBay it has happened ONCE. Now I don't know if that is just luck (though I sure do attract plenty of crazies more on that later) or if eBay buyers just don't return as much. I hope it is the latter and not just luck as that will suck come the holidays.As for my latest story of crazies I sold a game on Friday afternoon, shipped it Friday afternoon and shows "Delivered" yesterday. Now today the buyer messages me the following "i have not received my item!!!!!!!!! the tracking says it is delivered i have nothing!!!!! what the f*** scamming business are you running i want a full refund and pay pall me $40$ or i will leave you neg a 0 dsr and all my friends will too and you will be off ebay and out of business!!!!!"Crazy? Or just fucking crazy?

I had a guy do this to me yesterday... I shipped it to a strange room number at a Florida holiday inn... It shows delivered but he claims not received, and now it's my fault it's not there? People gotta start being accountable... So frustrating. Get a p.o. Box or a home... Or GTFO lol