The General eBay Rant Thread

• Please log in to reply
2280 replies to this topic

#2161 Navex

Navex

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 August 2014 - 05:30 PM

Yeah, I know but in this case I didn't think you could do that since I never paid with a credit card in this transaction as I used Paypal. So you can just give them a card and they can add the credit on it even if it wasn't the one used in the transaction? I'm still not a fan of that, especially since I know how easy PP is to use. For all this place knows I don't even own a credit card (since you don't need one to buy things on their site) so how would one get their credit then? Curious what they would do then for refunding since apparently PP can't be used.

#2162 scott2hotcott

scott2hotcott

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 August 2014 - 03:06 AM

Yeah, I know but in this case I didn't think you could do that since I never paid with a credit card in this transaction as I used Paypal. So you can just give them a card and they can add the credit on it even if it wasn't the one used in the transaction? I'm still not a fan of that, especially since I know how easy PP is to use. For all this place knows I don't even own a credit card (since you don't need one to buy things on their site) so how would one get their credit then? Curious what they would do then for refunding since apparently PP can't be used.

I'm not necessarily suggesting that you give them your CC info for the refund, just that it can be done.  Our company's policy is to only refund the card that was originally used on a transaction.  People sometimes try to use a different card, and while technically we could, we won't refund somebody that way.

I know all credit card machines are different, but for ours we can select manual refund, type in the card number and expiration date, put in the amount, and then authorize the refund.

#2163 Navex

Navex

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 August 2014 - 02:14 PM

I'm trying again today in a bit once my cell charges. How much risk is there if I gave them my PP card number? If it doesn't have a balance or insufficient balance when you pay for something I know it draws the remaining funds from your bank account so I'm not too keen on that either since mine is connected. Really I shouldn't be worrying about this but it just irritates me they won't refund it through PP and be done with it. I honestly think I'm just going to tell them they're going to have to or send me a check or something and lie about not having any credit cards so they can get off that venture. It's not like I'm running some kind of scam, they know my paying Paypal email address and it's the same one I'll request. Considering I never paid with one in the first place I don't see why they're pressing it and honestly if I was better on the phone I'd press them to refund my shipping too since it's almost been 2 months since I sent them the return and I know they got it the same damn week and if it wasn't for me finally contacting them the thing would never be processed.

#2164 Billytwoshoes

Billytwoshoes

Perpetually behind the times

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 August 2014 - 10:42 AM

I had a buyer leave a positive feedback just mintues after he bought one of my games, I guess he liked the price and listing enough to do so.  Never had that happen before...

#2165 elessar123

elessar123

96.5% more WUB WUB

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 August 2014 - 03:13 PM

I've had, always from people with like 1-10k feedback. I just think they don't care, and want to leave feedback before they will obviously lose track.

elessar123.png

#2166 sp00ge

sp00ge

Fluggaenkoecchicebolsen!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 August 2014 - 03:23 PM

And I haven't received feedback for the last 5 things I've sold.  This is like the Amazon feedback system...

Bored? Too much money than you know what to do with? Why not check out my Amazon Storefront? If you see anything you want, send me a PM! Make an offer, either monetary or trade! Over 2000 items, and more added daily!

Make your pledge today towards this years Extra-Life Charity 24-Hour Marathon!  All donations over $25 will receive a free 3d-printed and hand painted gift!  PM me for details!  http://www.extra-lif...nt/brokenpinata  JUST ADDED:  A progressive raffle!  The more donations received, the more prizes that are added! Check out my Twitch page for info! 

#2167 Ferrari Racer

Ferrari Racer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 August 2014 - 09:45 PM

Does FedEx tend to treat packages better? I had someone open a case because the small speakers I sold them got damaged even though I packed them well. Did it through USPS. Second time I ever had an issue with a damaged item in the past few years. I may just stop with selling electronics as I don't really like eBay anymore. Craigslist is a better option for me now.

#2168 Billytwoshoes

Billytwoshoes

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 August 2014 - 08:52 AM

Does FedEx tend to treat packages better? I had someone open a case because the small speakers I sold them got damaged even though I packed them well. Did it through USPS. Second time I ever had an issue with a damaged item in the past few years. I may just stop with selling electronics as I don't really like eBay anymore. Craigslist is a better option for me now.

It's all down to the weakest link (aka the individual employee) in which carrier treats the packages better, so its hard to say who wins in that regard.  Keep in mind that one of the biggest customers of FedEx is USPS (and vice versa for certain regions), so most first class / priority packages are handled by both anyways.

#2169 Ferrari Racer

Ferrari Racer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 August 2014 - 07:27 PM

Yikes. Asked the guy to show me a pic of the damaged speakers and turns out the box was damaged in a few places as well. Wonder if I could be covered for insurance, though I doubt it.

I'm probably going to just give the guy a full refund and not have him ship it back since it will cost almost $20. I bought these speakers for $10 so I don't really care about the loss.

#2170 GBAstar

GBAstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 August 2014 - 07:34 PM

Yikes. Asked the guy to show me a pic of the damaged speakers and turns out the box was damaged in a few places as well. Wonder if I could be covered for insurance, though I doubt it.

Did you send it by Priority Mail? They have $50 of insurance built in ($100 for Commerical Basic/Plus USPS customers (i.e. Top Rated Seller accounts)).

If not then it's only covered if you paid for insurance

#2171 Roxxell

Roxxell

Posted 01 September 2014 - 08:12 PM

Ugh, just sold something on eBay and the buyer is so shady. An odd username that has seems to be a bunch of random letters, registered on the date of purchase, mismatched payer and receiver, payer has a last name similar to something you could find at a burger joint, and the buyer's e-mail seems to have absolutely no correlation to any given names. I know everyone starts somewhere, but this is a shady start. I've had some shady buyers before, but not to this extent.

#2172 gatordeve86

gatordeve86

CAG Master

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 September 2014 - 09:37 PM

Ugh, just sold something on eBay and the buyer is so shady. An odd username that has seems to be a bunch of random letters, registered on the date of purchase, mismatched payer and receiver, payer has a last name similar to something you could find at a burger joint, and the buyer's e-mail seems to have absolutely no correlation to any given names. I know everyone starts somewhere, but this is a shady start. I've had some shady buyers before, but not to this extent.

when you sign up ebay assigns you a username like that until you change it

Gator%20Deve%2086.jpg

Currently Playing:

:xb1: Diablo III

:xb1: Madden 15

#2173 Asmith906

Asmith906

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 September 2014 - 02:37 AM

Every time I send a package with any kind of electronics I always make sure to put a label with fragile in big letters on each side.

#2174 Ferrari Racer

Ferrari Racer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 September 2014 - 04:05 PM

Every time I send a package with any kind of electronics I always make sure to put a label with fragile in big letters on each side.

Do package handlers even pay attention to that? Or is that meant more for the buyer handling it?

#2175 Navex

Navex

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 September 2014 - 05:58 PM

How do reserves work for seller, never did them before and curiou? So if I do an auction and it doesn't sell I don't have to sell it is what eBay says BUT how's that last part work? What if they pay instantly/or I have it checked so they have to pay immediately (don't even know if you have that option for an auction for making them pay immediately on auctions)? Do I have to go through the refund process and explain that since I set a reserve I'm not selling it to them or does eBay automatically close the auction for me if the winning bidder didn't match my reserve? Also it says if the winner bidder EXCEEDS my reserve too so if it does close automatically for reserves not met does it do the same if someone goes over the reserve or no?

#2176 sp00ge

sp00ge

Fluggaenkoecchicebolsen!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 September 2014 - 06:30 PM

How do reserves work for seller, never did them before and curiou? So if I do an auction and it doesn't sell I don't have to sell it is what eBay says BUT how's that last part work? What if they pay instantly/or I have it checked so they have to pay immediately (don't even know if you have that option for an auction for making them pay immediately on auctions)? Do I have to go through the refund process and explain that since I set a reserve I'm not selling it to them or does eBay automatically close the auction for me if the winning bidder didn't match my reserve? Also it says if the winner bidder EXCEEDS my reserve too so if it does close automatically for reserves not met does it do the same if someone goes over the reserve or no?

Reserve is the minimum the auction will sell it.  If bidding doesn't hit your reserve by the time it ends, it doesn't sell and bidding means nothing.  Auto pay makes no difference; if the reserve isn't met, the item will not sell.

If bidding goes over the reserve, that means it will sell but the auction keeps going until the time runs out.

Bored? Too much money than you know what to do with? Why not check out my Amazon Storefront? If you see anything you want, send me a PM! Make an offer, either monetary or trade! Over 2000 items, and more added daily!

Make your pledge today towards this years Extra-Life Charity 24-Hour Marathon!  All donations over $25 will receive a free 3d-printed and hand painted gift!  PM me for details!  http://www.extra-lif...nt/brokenpinata  JUST ADDED:  A progressive raffle!  The more donations received, the more prizes that are added! Check out my Twitch page for info! 

#2177 Navex

Navex

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 September 2014 - 07:04 PM

Sounds good. I always thought reserves were public so I never bothered with them. I've been burned on a few gambles where I ended up selling things at a loss so this seems like a good failsafe,

#2178 elessar123

elessar123

96.5% more WUB WUB

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 September 2014 - 07:33 PM

People are less willing to bid on items with reserved prices though.

elessar123.png

#2179 major morgan

major morgan

Posted 02 September 2014 - 09:46 PM

Sounds good. I always thought reserves were public so I never bothered with them. I've been burned on a few gambles where I ended up selling things at a loss so this seems like a good failsafe,

There is also a fee for using an auction reserve (I can't recall exactly, but I think it's $2), so it doesn't do you any good to put a reserve on somewhat low-priced item.

You're almost better off to just start an auction at or near your selling price just so that you get your selling price or it just ends and you can relist.

#2180 Bing147

Bing147

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 September 2014 - 10:37 PM

Ya, I just set the starting bid at the lowest I'd take for it. Never got the point of a reserve really when you can do that, I don't bid on items that have one unless its already over and I'm sure many others don't either.

www.vg-force.com

#2181 Billytwoshoes

Billytwoshoes

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 September 2014 - 08:11 AM

Yeah, auctions with reserves were a waste of time when I first started buying on there years ago, and they haven't changed much since then.

#2182 ShadowAssassin

ShadowAssassin

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 September 2014 - 06:49 PM

I hate when I get messages from buyers about one of my games saying "Uh, you do know _____(game) is X amount of dollars at ____, right?"

Like I'm committing a crime for choosing the price I want to sell my item for. I just block people like that immediately. It's like they will be angry if I make money off a game that is cheaper or something.

#2183 ShadowAssassin

ShadowAssassin

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 September 2014 - 10:26 PM

ebay has been down for a lot of the day today and checking on twitter, a lot of people aren't able to log in and it's saying their accounts don't exist.

Same thing on my end. Very weird. I wonder if they offer something for the screw-up, but knowing them, probably now.

#2184 TooMuchCoolness

TooMuchCoolness

Deep Ass Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 September 2014 - 11:34 PM

I just logged in and out to check my watch list, and seemed normal to me except a few item images not loading up

NighT_Ryder31.png

#2185 ShadowAssassin

ShadowAssassin

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 September 2014 - 09:07 PM

Had my Tales of Xillia 2 CE DLC voucher up on ebay, listed correctly as will ship the voucher, but removed as "beta software"

Says ebay does not allow betas or demos on ebay. Probably marked by the developer or publisher.

um... cool

Idiots can't tell the difference.

#2186 elessar123

elessar123

96.5% more WUB WUB

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 September 2014 - 09:42 PM

Digital codes aren't allowed on ebay in any form, unless you are the license holder. As in, if you published a book, you can sell digital copies of it on ebay.

elessar123.png

#2187 ShadowAssassin

ShadowAssassin

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 September 2014 - 09:44 PM

That is not true. Per the policies, you can sell vouchers if they are in voucher form.

You aren't selling the code, you are selling the voucher with the code on it.\

But it doesn't matter. It wasn't removed for that reason anyway. it was removed and said "this is beta/test software" which it is not.

#2188 elessar123

elessar123

96.5% more WUB WUB

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 September 2014 - 04:40 PM

You can't. People just say that thinking it's allowed. There's no policy stating that you can sell digital codes as long as you ship the voucher. If it was the case, people would be selling redeemed vouchers, and there would be no repercussions, since they got the physical voucher. The code doesn't need to work now, does it.

elessar123.png

#2189 Dokstarr

Dokstarr

Tap, Snap or Nap

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 September 2014 - 06:37 PM

Gonna have to deal with another dope.

Got a message yesterday that states:

For the following tracking number ......  I put the wrong ship to addresses. When the item is returned can you send to

......... I will pay additional shipping charges. thank you.

The problem is the item has been "delivered" for a few days now. It is only a 10 dollar item, but I really doubt it is coming back. I have to assume eBay will fall on my side of this, but I don't feel like dealing with the headache of the situation.

#2190 ShadowAssassin

ShadowAssassin

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 September 2014 - 07:09 PM

You can't. People just say that thinking it's allowed. There's no policy stating that you can sell digital codes as long as you ship the voucher. If it was the case, people would be selling redeemed vouchers, and there would be no repercussions, since they got the physical voucher. The code doesn't need to work now, does it.

I was told directly by multiple ebay CS reps on the phone that it is allowed if you sell it that way. I was even sent an email once explaining the policy, that stated as such.

The latter part you mention would also apply to selling an Xbox Live or PSN+ subscription if the code didn't work, though. So it doesn't just apply to DLC.