Dust 514 CAG community list

• Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

#31 Sir_Fragalot

Sir_Fragalot

wants Startropics 3.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2013 - 03:35 AM

Just tried a round today. I don't really know what to say. I mean I don't hate it, but it doesn't scream I need to play this. Kinda average for me. If I had friends join I would play but other than that, not thrilled.
Posted Image
"Mega Man 9 isn't hard, you're just not paying attention." -KingBroly

#32 Mad39er

Mad39er

Posted 31 January 2013 - 05:08 AM

I'm hopeful they'll have more everything, its very limited in some regards and open in others. I love the inertial dampers when jumping long downward distances. They need to remove the so cap or widen it considerably.
Gran Turismo 5 B-Spec Primer - Now with colors!
"When I started racing my father told me, ‘Cristiano, nobody has three balls but some people have two very good ones'." – Cristiano Da Matta

"Any drunk can fall off a bar stool. It takes a real man to ride it all the way to the ground."

Referal for Dusk 514:

#33 enufs8d

enufs8d

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2013 - 06:42 PM

getting killed too fast?

try this helpful info:
"Run a speed shotti scout suit made from all militia gear. It can one shot everything except a heavy, for them it take two. Learn how to be stealthy and sneak around while coming up behind guys and popping them.

Or, jump into a turret and start taking people out. Or run a logi suit and stay behind your blue dot kilers and repair them. Or, get into a LAV and play Carmageddon. Or jump into a tank gunner spot and gun. Or sneak around and hack everything.

So many options for low SP toons as they build up their SP. Get to it."

i love playing carmaeddon. you have shitty controls because theres no skill pts invested in. but everytime you run over someone, its totally worth it. you can easily go 10/2 in a deathmatch. during gameplay, hit right on dpad, select lav vehicle and wait 15 seconds.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#34 SynGamer

SynGamer

Welcome to Night Vale

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2013 - 06:52 PM

Driving = impossible...

g92sOMa.png4lNop7I.pngEwYfNFu.pngauyL8J9.pngszbgEtP.pngSoNL9s6.png

#35 Kazaganthi

Kazaganthi

Blue Rogue

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 February 2013 - 03:17 AM

Tried this out, and it is really not newbie friendly. I mean I read/listened to all the tutorials and I still am confused on lots of things. Most I don't even know how to ask because I don't understand the lingo.

I have no clue what to invest in, until I played 4 rounds and I'm unloading 3 clips into a guy I surprised while hacking and he won't die. Then he turns and I get hit once and die. Guess go heavy armor?

I had one good match where the (14?) other players almost all stuck together and we were a moving death squad, capturing point to point. Other matches I've tried to stick to green squad members, but they split shortly.

Is there anyway to interact, join a corp, or anything with someone from Eve?

#36 enufs8d

enufs8d

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 February 2013 - 07:00 PM

invest a few pts in drop ship command, field mechanics (most definitely), and shield boost systems. these will keep you alive, especially the field mechanics.

kaza - it really depends on how you play. i really like the militia assault rifle. i even switched back from the level 2 rifles back to the freebie one. dont go heavy armor unless you want to be a tank heavy because the weight/movement penalty is too large. i ran across 5 clan members all playing heavies. they were almost unstoppable with their gear. i got a few of them playing carmaggedeon before they killed me with anti vehicle nades. at those high levels, without help with others, i can only go head to head against them with speed shotty (scout + shotty + kinetic mods). Try the speed shotty out with the militia scout dropsuit + militia shotgun + militia kinetic mod + militia shield extender.

have you played all the default classes? does one seem easier to you? once you find a suit that you like (heavy, assault, logistics, or scout), try to get the specialized racial suits for that class. they are significantly better than the militia dropsuit. the general advice is to spread out your skill points to see what you like. to be elite, you need to be specialize. for me, i'm playing a logi bro (medic/engineer). so i spent all my sp on staying alive to heal and revive dying and dead people (got a level logi suit, shield boost systems to L4 (increases shield recharge rate) to qualify for shield control that permanently increases my shield max, and had a L4 field mechanics). the other way to go is to focus on causing damage with damage mods and weaponry (+2% weapon damage per level, +3% weapon proficiency damage per level). Furthermore, I play at odd hours and don't have time to join a corp. So, I'm usually playing "merc" games & my teammates suck and split up and don't help at all. hence, i focused on staying alive based on shields rather than armor.

if you play randoms, then there is only silence. if you're playing with legit corps, then everyone is talking. the best way to get better is to join up with corp. theres a bunch on the dust forums that are newb friendly and welcome questions. they even have you team up in matches and point stuff out to you. & they offer advice on skill allotment.

to get more points in a round, see my previous post that I copied from dust forums. good info.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#37 Kazaganthi

Kazaganthi

Blue Rogue

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 February 2013 - 10:45 PM

Thanks, I will look into investing field mechanics, drop ship, and shield boost. From memory, I didn't understand what some skills even do. "Able to use shield nodes" or something. I just bumped a lot of unallocated points into Weaponry, since it was passive and actually told me the stat boost.

Is the marketplace linked to Eve? Who is selling these weapons/etc? Because I look at a list of SMG, and I see a level 1, then it jumps to level V.

#38 Kazaganthi

Kazaganthi

Blue Rogue

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 February 2013 - 02:33 AM

Thanks, I will look into investing field mechanics, drop ship, and shield boost.

Already had Field Mechanics Lv.2, level 3 didn't add much. Couldn't find drop ship. And I tried shields but they didn't help. Still dying in 1 hit. This game just doesn't do anything to help a new player. Sure I get can get past 1k WP on a match, but I always have 10+ deaths. Cheap deaths just makes the game not fun.

If I see a Heavy, I'm dead even if I run around a corner. Everyone else's assault rifle seems to have 100% acc from 30ft away. Shotgun kills in 1 hit and I've never seen them reloading. Snipers just hide all match. Vehicles run you over from around a corner. If I ever do manage to kill someone, it's probably because they have no buffs like me.

After the initial map start, no one stays together. I try to follow people around and heal them, support fire, but eventually it comes down to 1 person, they die, and I have no defense to take out said enemy so I could revive them. Every respawn after that first death is horrible. In that it's either hike miles to action/team or spawn and sniper kills you before you appear.

Never heard a single voice chatter. Now, I'm not sure if that's because only CORPs can chat? Otherwise all the team/squad mates have never uttered a peep.

Can you change the controls? Click stick to run = dumb. Not that running is any good anyway, can't reload, stamina drains. Jumping is bad for stamina. Once I even jumped up a hill and it said "you died from falling". I thought I got hit by a sniper, so I double checked that death kill, and it was a suicide for sure.

#39 Dead_Batteries

Dead_Batteries

Voltaic Pile

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 February 2013 - 03:31 AM

What's your PSN Kazaganthi? Perhaps we can play. It's usually just Mad39er and me that's on the CAG chat.

#40 Mad39er

Mad39er

Posted 06 February 2013 - 05:23 AM

Starting up the Celerity Acquisitions Group for a Corporation. Ticker is cagro. Should be able to search for Celerity or cagro. I got bored with the description. I still have no idea how it works but when I'm around I'll approve the applicants and buy more skill in the corp.
"When I started racing my father told me, ‘Cristiano, nobody has three balls but some people have two very good ones'." – Cristiano Da Matta

"Any drunk can fall off a bar stool. It takes a real man to ride it all the way to the ground."

Referal for Dusk 514:

#41 Diad

Diad

Only a flesh wound...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 February 2013 - 11:30 PM

What's your PSN Kazaganthi? Perhaps we can play. It's usually just Mad39er and me that's on the CAG chat.

sorry! school & work = blah free time

childsplay_logo_sm.png

Thanks for donating!

#42 praxus07

praxus07

Posted 15 February 2013 - 07:41 AM

Tried this and not really liking it. Was expecting a nice shooter with deep customization, but the sheer amount of skills to unlock, gear to buy, and rebuy, is far too complicated for me. I want to play, not have to learn new lingo, and need an encyclopedia to tell me what all five thousand items are for.

Just too complicated...not sure if I'm going to delete it or save it for when I have nothing else to play.
Praxus_07.png

#43 Mad39er

Mad39er

Posted 16 February 2013 - 03:52 AM

Tried this and not really liking it. Was expecting a nice shooter with deep customization, but the sheer amount of skills to unlock, gear to buy, and rebuy, is far too complicated for me. I want to play, not have to learn new lingo, and need an encyclopedia to tell me what all five thousand items are for.

Just too complicated...not sure if I'm going to delete it or save it for when I have nothing else to play.

Personal suggestion is if you're going to take a break from it, create a new character, like the Enforcer and Activate Passive SP on it. This way if you ever return, it'll be loaded and you'll be able to buy whatever skills you want.

Referal for Dusk 514:

#44 Mad39er

Mad39er

Posted 23 February 2013 - 03:41 AM

If you're a Plus subscriber there is the starter kit for free in the PS Store. $9.99 value. Gets you Aurum, a 7 day booster and goodies.

Referal for Dusk 514:

#45 Kazaganthi

Kazaganthi

Blue Rogue

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 February 2013 - 04:37 AM

If you're a Plus subscriber there is the starter kit for free in the PS Store. $9.99 value. Gets you Aurum, a 7 day booster and goodies.

I think it was 2,000 Aurum. The 7 day booster is an active booster, so don't equip it until you know you'll play 7 days in a row :P

As for the other goodies, not sure exactly what they do. One of the guns was quantity 1, so I assume I'll lose it after 1 death once put on dropsuit fitting?

What is a good idea to spend Aurum on? I'm mainly thinking of those 3 booster slots, since you can't buy anything for there with ISK.

#46 langdon_alger

langdon_alger

Phlebitis!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 February 2013 - 01:09 PM

the gun is permanent, you don't lose it after 1 use. it's the same stats as the militia, but i think it has faster reload. Why doesn't it disappear, I have no idea. Another layer of confusion in this game. You also get 3 drop suits (with 20 uses each).

#47 Mad39er

Mad39er

Posted 23 February 2013 - 03:25 PM

the gun is permanent, you don't lose it after 1 use. it's the same stats as the militia, but i think it has faster reload. Why doesn't it disappear, I have no idea. Another layer of confusion in this game. You also get 3 drop suits (with 20 uses each).

It's probably a blueprint gun, anything with a blue outline around it is infinite. So your initial starting suit, the four Assault suits and any blueprinted items you buy are infinite. Those blueprint dropsuits also include freebie weapons and stuff, since they come pre-loaded with yellow bordered Militia equipment pieces. It takes a little planning but I only spend like 1500 or so per dropsuit restock when I initially start. Once I open up the first level of dropsuits it's up to like 20k a spawn since those don't come with any pre-loaded items.

Referal for Dusk 514:

#48 Rosterking

Rosterking

Look away.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 February 2013 - 03:38 PM

add me bros!
-barca239

#49 SynGamer

SynGamer

Welcome to Night Vale

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 May 2013 - 09:35 PM

So...now that this is out of beta, has anyone tried it? It was quote rough around the edges when I tried a few months ago.

g92sOMa.png4lNop7I.pngEwYfNFu.pngauyL8J9.pngszbgEtP.pngSoNL9s6.png

#50 Cardiff Giant

Cardiff Giant

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 May 2013 - 03:14 PM

Tried the new build yesterday after deleting it months ago. Graphics are slightly better but that's the only noticable improvement to me. I still don't like it. Played for like 30 minutes and deleted it.

Edited by Cardiff Giant, 18 May 2013 - 03:01 AM.

PSN CardiffGiant11