Photo
- - - - -

Ni No Kuni Wizard Edition German Version Region Free (Book in English) $108 Amazon

• Please log in to reply
249 replies to this topic

#31 mr.Dobalina

mr.Dobalina

MGS Collector!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2013 - 01:39 AM

It sounds like even if you ordered during the restock on the 17th, people that used the Customer Service link last night stole their preorders. What a joke!

Yea, this whole thing just is ridiculous. I waited on the pre-order AND the restock and pretty much said bag it. Then that mystery link popped up last night and I said screw it, I'll try it out. Got a confirmation shipping this morning. Who knows, could still get cancelled. The whole thing is just super shady.

If you got anything Metal Gear Solid related, shoot me a PM!

#32 Gamer SDP

Gamer SDP

not much of a gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2013 - 01:56 AM

I never ordered from an international Amazon site. how does shipping work and would I have to pay some customs fee? also assuming no way to use gc balance or prime features.

EDIT:
Apparently Amazon accounts are universal but not GC balance or prime. Now I just need to find out if there are any customs fee
Found this out by trying to register with the same email I use on normal Amazon, but here is some general info
http://www.amazon.co...F8&docId=487250

Edited by Gamer SDP, 25 January 2013 - 02:06 AM.

#33 shivan128

shivan128

CAG at heart

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2013 - 02:14 AM

I can't believe it shipped, my order from the 17th got cancelled. Bless their incompetence indeed

Same here. Ordering one from amazon.de to open and play. Keeping the us version sealed.

edaa9c273976.png

My tradelist: http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=301364

Currently Playing:  :vita: Smart As, :3ds: Bravely Default, :360: DDP SDOJ, :ps3: Rocksmith 2014, :ps4: Dynasty Warriors 8

#34 thehoweller

thehoweller

IllegalCouponPrinter

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2013 - 02:19 AM

DigitalRiver needs to have its doors shut. I find it unbelievable that they told Namco and their customers, "Hey, we sold too many copies, you need to issue refunds and possibly give something to make up for their 'loss'"...then they turn around at the same fucking time, and say, "You know...Actually, we're wrong, all those copies do exist, relist them".

Crazy shit.

Posted Image
For the Earthbound fans...Visit this SMAAASH ing link!
Posted Image

#35 LLeopardGGecko

LLeopardGGecko

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2013 - 02:24 AM

DigitalRiver needs to have its doors shut. I find it unbelievable that they told Namco and their customers, "Hey, we sold too many copies, you need to issue refunds and possibly give something to make up for their 'loss'"...then they turn around at the same fucking time, and say, "You know...Actually, we're wrong, all those copies do exist, relist them".

Crazy shit.

This exactly.

Just sent them an email detailing their epic fail. Though I'm sure it will fall on deaf ears. And I will still have my cancelled order.

FML.

#36 Egos

Egos

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2013 - 02:25 AM

I ended up biting on this. Missed out on the US version and I don't imagine it coming back.

#37 hairypeckpeck

hairypeckpeck

Posted 25 January 2013 - 02:28 AM

Thinking about copping on this.

I already bought the guide and the game from GameStop. The question boils down to: is the plush and book worth 108bucks?

#38 Captain Urahara

Captain Urahara

Drop Dead Fred

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2013 - 02:28 AM

Here is a funny story regarding the Ni No Kuni Wizard Edition during the special pre-order period:
- I pre-ordered it during the special period where you get some art cards/coin/blah blah blah
- Decided I didn't want it anymore due to it being $120 after shipping
- Cancelled my order
- Got an email confirming that I wanted it to be cancelled
- Got an email confirming that my order was cancelled
- Months pass and see people dying to get a copy
- Regret cancelling pre-order
- Get email today letting me know my CC was charged and order was shipped, tracking # and everything

Wut? If this is really real then I'll happily keep the Wizard Edition I get. If this turned out to be some wild mistake(which I expect) then I will raise Hell over there.

EDIT: Glad I kept the emails as further review of them revealed that they worded it like it was cancelled, but that it actually says that it is cancelled UNLESS they send me a shipping notification saying it is shipped. WTF? Well I should get it so I guess I'm happy.

Edited by Captain Urahara, 25 January 2013 - 03:05 AM.

#39 thehoweller

thehoweller

IllegalCouponPrinter

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2013 - 02:32 AM

Thinking about copping on this.

I already bought the guide and the game from GameStop. The question boils down to: is the plush and book worth 108bucks?

If you can sell your English version of the game...You should ask yourself, is the plush, book, and German edition (which plays in English), worth $108.

Yes, yes it is.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#40 hairypeckpeck

hairypeckpeck

Posted 25 January 2013 - 02:34 AM

What's different about the book?

I can always trade the game to bookoff (Japanese used book store)

#41 thehoweller

thehoweller

IllegalCouponPrinter

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2013 - 02:45 AM

Will English DLC work with the German edition of the game, if using a German PSN account?

Posted Image
Posted Image

#42 AvidWriter

AvidWriter

The Fictioner

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2013 - 03:00 AM

I'm interested in this game but not for $108 holy shit!

#43 Woocls

Woocls

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2013 - 03:02 AM

Just read the info in the link. Wow. I'm interested to see how this all plays out. In the meantime I'll just keep stewing.

What you're seeing is 2 facebook posts that may or may not be legit. One of which is a PR spin from an ebay reseller who would like to keep selling copies. If he came out and said "I have no idea if I'll be getting my copies" how many do you think he'd sell? And for all we know the phone call guy could have just been pissed and made all that up. People do that kinda shit all the time on the internet. Are you guys new here?

#44 AvidWriter

AvidWriter

The Fictioner

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2013 - 03:03 AM

This exactly.

Just sent them an email detailing their epic fail. Though I'm sure it will fall on deaf ears. And I will still have my cancelled order.

FML.

Hit up BBB with the story and get others who are affected to do it too. This kinda shit should NOT go quietly.

#45 thehoweller

thehoweller

IllegalCouponPrinter

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2013 - 03:08 AM

I just called the Namco CSR phone number and asked them about my cancelled order...Of course they're out of stock still. -.- (I wonder how many orders are currently being placed in the background while speaking) But he did explain that if any new stock is replenished; or comes in, that an email will be sent, and that I'd also be receiving a $50 credit towards another purchase from their website.

So while Naruto blows complete ass...I could grab a copy for $10 :(

Posted Image
Posted Image

#46 UltimateIdiot911

UltimateIdiot911

Have a nice tragedy!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2013 - 03:09 AM

Will English DLC work with the German edition of the game, if using a German PSN account?

No. You will need to get German DLC from your German PSN Account for it to work.

#47 Blaster man

Blaster man

Posted 25 January 2013 - 03:11 AM

I just called the Namco CSR phone number and asked them about my cancelled order...Of course they're out of stock still. -.- (I wonder how many orders are currently being placed in the background while speaking) But he did explain that if any new stock is replenished; or comes in, that an email will be sent, and that I'd also be receiving a $50 credit towards another purchase from their website.

How did you get a $50 code? What number did you call?

#48 Blaster man

Blaster man

Posted 25 January 2013 - 03:12 AM

No. You will need to get German DLC from your German PSN Account for it to work.

The DLC is all garbage, no one should buy $5 costumes.

#49 Woocls

Woocls

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2013 - 03:12 AM

I wonder if a $10 copy would be worth this headache again..... hmmm

#50 thehoweller

thehoweller

IllegalCouponPrinter

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2013 - 03:13 AM

le sigh. Thank you for the response...I'm going to retire from this thread before I continue depressing myself over relatively nothing in the large scope of things.

Thank you OP for the suggestion...I'll probably reconsider my German purchase. While the book does seem wonderful, $108 for a plushie and book is a tad high.

The DLC is all garbage, no one should buy $5 costumes.

I could give a shit less about the "Gold" versions of the familiars...I want my Flutterby and Griffy familiars, and apparently with the German version, that won't happen.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#51 darkhado666

darkhado666

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2013 - 03:18 AM

I guess I'm one of the luck ones. I ordered the US version on the 17th and I got the receipt confirmation. I checked it the next day and it says out of stock ni no kuni: wrath of the white witch boxed item. I then sent them an email immediately asking them wth that means...I get an email back today saying my game has shipped and they gave me a tracking number.
I might go for the German version.
Posted Image

#52 podunk320

podunk320

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2013 - 03:25 AM

All I can hope for, is that this becomes a PR nightmare so that they can learn from this and hopefully whomever is responsible "prepares their body" for the Fuck they are about to receive lol

#53 V4Oldboy

V4Oldboy

Vengeance 4 Oldboy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2013 - 03:27 AM

I placed an order for this, but can anyone clarify how exactly this is different from the US edition?

I know its region free and it seems the book is in english, but how will this differ if at all. Different UPC? Will the game be any different other than some of the details like rating, legal text, etc.

"You WROTE it, you can't UN-WRITE it!" - Maurice LaMarche

[if you need help funding a PSN gameshare (US) I'm happy to help out fellow CAGs (PM me) as long as you are patient.]

#54 vcheng2k5

vcheng2k5

Posted 25 January 2013 - 03:31 AM

I decided to get the German Wizard's Edition. How does one go about creating a "German PSN account?"

#55 Havokscry

Havokscry

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2013 - 03:46 AM

I placed an order for this, but can anyone clarify how exactly this is different from the US edition?

I know its region free and it seems the book is in english, but how will this differ if at all. Different UPC? Will the game be any different other than some of the details like rating, legal text, etc.

I'm guessing the main difference between the European release and the U.S. release are the ninostarter bonuses.

#56 Blaster man

Blaster man

Posted 25 January 2013 - 03:48 AM

I called Digital River for a second time today and yelled at them again. I told them their $20 code is a fucking joke because Digital River charges so much for shipping every goddamn thing on the site is cheaper on Amazon even after the code once you put shipping in. Let's face it, compared to most places its really only about $10 off since most places charge nothing for shipping and DR charges way more than necessary. Told her I want my game shipped or a better code because that code - as an apology - is insincere.

She claimed to be forwarding my request to the right people.

#57 ddp72984

ddp72984

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2013 - 03:58 AM

thanks for the heads up! Was able to help a friend with this!

Quick question though, how is it that we (Americans) can order from Amazon Germany yet the UK version blocks American orders?

Thanks

#58 Gamer SDP

Gamer SDP

not much of a gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2013 - 04:04 AM

Amazon UK is supposed to have some left over stock of the UK version up for sale around the time of release.

Same thing, except all the packaging will be in English.

hmm if Amazon UK does get more in stock I hope it's before this ships so I can order than instead.

#59 Blaster man

Blaster man

Irony anyone?

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/A0b0xqeCYAAHjNV.jpg:large

#60 anarch

anarch

And all that could have been...

• CAGiversary!

I'll give this a shot. Should arrive by Feb 14 as a Valentine's present for my wife. She embraces her German heritage anyway. ;)

Digital River can rot.