Photo
- - - - -

Ni No Kuni Wizard Edition German Version Region Free (Book in English) $108 Amazon

• Please log in to reply
249 replies to this topic

#61 Woocls

Woocls

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2013 - 04:11 AM

thanks for the heads up! Was able to help a friend with this!

Quick question though, how is it that we (Americans) can order from Amazon Germany yet the UK version blocks American orders?

Thanks

Ummm it doesn't??? I buy from the UK amazon all the time.

#62 anarch

anarch

And all that could have been...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2013 - 04:15 AM

It used to, but I think they've loosened the restrictions in the past year.

#63 Woocls

Woocls

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2013 - 04:17 AM

It used to, but I think they've loosened the restrictions in the past year.

Ah, I was unaware of that. You'd be amazed at the prices you can find bluray collections. I got Harry Potter from over there and it uses the original name, Philosopher's stone. (Now i want to watch that.... great.)

#64 ddp72984

ddp72984

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2013 - 04:19 AM

My mistake. It blocked all of my video game based orders, yet blu rays were fine.

Hopefully, they did change it...

#65 Fatbot3

Fatbot3

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2013 - 04:24 AM

Decided to jump on this too so thanks a ton for all the info in thread everyone. Hopefully this thing actually ships. Everything in the US one seems arbritrary compared to the Wizard's Companion which is the only thing I wanted anyway.

My question is do you think the english voices are the same as the US? I can't imagine them bothering to do an entirely separate english language track.

#66 LLeopardGGecko

LLeopardGGecko

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2013 - 05:31 AM

Maybe this has been answered, but can the menus in the German version be switched to English along with the voice acting?

#67 cag1000

cag1000

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2013 - 05:48 AM

Thanks had to jump on the German edition after DR fucked me by charging and then canceling without refunding. I'm sure that if I didn't send them a nasty email, they would have never refunded. You guys are all lucky. I have to deal with DR on a monthly basis. They run Mattel's Matty Collector site, and the He-man Masters of the Universe collectors subscription service on Matty Collector.com, along the with DC/Watchmen/Batman/Ghostbusters ect. If you want any limited crap you gotta go through them and they been fucking collector's for years. I have to keep a detailed spreadsheet just to track the nefarious fckings they commit on my ass monthly.

#68 Woocls

Woocls

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2013 - 06:27 AM

Anyone got a link to buy from Amazon UK?

Not for sale any more/yet. There's rumor that it might go live again but who knows if that'll actually pan out. (After the DR mess I'll stick with the sure thing even if it is German.)

#69 Youngnoble

Youngnoble

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2013 - 06:27 AM

http://www.amazon.co...Y/ref=pd_ybh_10

Sold out for now but supposed to be restocked.

#70 YBX87

YBX87

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2013 - 06:32 AM

Anyone got a link to buy from Amazon UK?

it is sold out in amazon uk, this is your only option to get your hands on a wizard edition, other than ebay

#71 Woocls

Woocls

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2013 - 06:37 AM

http://www.amazon.co...Y/ref=pd_ybh_10

Sold out for now but supposed to be restocked.

Thank you... I kept trying to load that page and it would hang and not load for some reason.

#72 Satchslashriani

Satchslashriani

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2013 - 08:47 AM

Thank you very much OP. I wasn't planning on buying the WE until I saw the prices other people are selling them for right now. I'm absolutely not going to turn around and sell this, but as a collector I knew I'd be kicking myself later on if this REALLY retained its value.

#73 V4Oldboy

V4Oldboy

Vengeance 4 Oldboy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2013 - 09:43 AM

Everyone who got cancelled for the WE should jump on this. It may not be what we all want, but its close and frankly the book alone will probably be going for well over $100 on ebay after people open their wizard editions. If you don't preorder this one, don't complain later on. It might be your last chance.

"You WROTE it, you can't UN-WRITE it!" - Maurice LaMarche

[if you need help funding a PSN gameshare (US) I'm happy to help out fellow CAGs (PM me) as long as you are patient.]

#74 redroversk

redroversk

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2013 - 01:30 PM

Thanks a lot OP and everyone else for your help through the DR buttfucking of the WE restock buyers. Apparently it takes them a week to figure out they've written a check that their fucking asses can't cash. (reason DR cancelled: other)

Thanks again, I bought one for $109, zeig heil amazon germany!

#75 astralproxy

astralproxy

Posted 25 January 2013 - 03:10 PM

Under Meine Bestellungen (My Orders), the NNK order says "AUFGEGEBENE BESTELLUNG", which translates to "Discontinued order".
Strangely, it also says "Not yet shipped ... Estimated ship date: 31 January 2013."

Edited by astralproxy, 25 January 2013 - 03:40 PM.

#76 Shadow2222

Shadow2222

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2013 - 04:03 PM

Under Meine Bestellungen (My Orders), the NNK order says "AUFGEGEBENE BESTELLUNG", which translates to "Discontinued order".
Strangely, it also says "Not yet shipped ... Estimated ship date: 31 January 2013."

Ugh, mine says that too.

#77 Woocls

Woocls

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2013 - 04:25 PM

Dang it... I cancelled all the pre-orders I had on amazon.com. Does anyone still have an open pre-order? I'm curious what it says in that same spot on the english site. (Just to see if this is truly backlogged or if that's just a bad translation)

#78 Youngnoble

Youngnoble

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2013 - 04:29 PM

For those waiting for the UK version to come back in stock on amazon.uk, apparently zavi is starting to cancel orders. Who knows if amazon.uk oversold or will get any more to sell now.

After reading the forum on amazom.uk, they already received their restock on the 23rd.

#79 Sirdonis

Sirdonis

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2013 - 04:33 PM

yea mine said the same Discontinued order....

#80 V4Oldboy

V4Oldboy

Vengeance 4 Oldboy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2013 - 04:35 PM

Just as a note I made a preorder and cancelled it for Dead Space 3 on amazon.de and it also says the same thing AUFGEGEBENE BESTELLUNG. So this might be what is on there for preorders.

[if you need help funding a PSN gameshare (US) I'm happy to help out fellow CAGs (PM me) as long as you are patient.]

#81 LLeopardGGecko

LLeopardGGecko

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2013 - 04:36 PM

I have games (not Ni No Kuni, but Crysis 3 and Sim City) pre-ordered on the U.S. Amazon site, and in that same slot it says "Order Placed", which may badly translate to "Discontinued Order" in German.

#82 Woocls

Woocls

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2013 - 04:40 PM

I have games (not Ni No Kuni, but Crysis 3 and Sim City) pre-ordered on the U.S. Amazon site, and in that same slot it says "Order Placed", which may badly translate to "Discontinued Order" in German.

This is my guess. Cause back-ordered/discontinued orders on amazon.com look the same just just have extra info on the expected shipping date.

#83 Sirdonis

Sirdonis

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2013 - 04:49 PM

ok thank you bro. i was one of the people also got fucked by Digital River. there needs to be a i hate digital river page from this fiasco.

#84 marioman

marioman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2013 - 04:50 PM

Ordered, thanks!

#85 lobitoh

lobitoh

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2013 - 04:56 PM

ordered on also

#86 crunchewy

crunchewy

Posted 25 January 2013 - 04:59 PM

What aside from the box is in German? Anything? US DLC (if any) won't work, right?
Posted Image

#87 crunchewy

crunchewy

Posted 25 January 2013 - 06:11 PM

I should have bought the US version when I had the chance, but I couldn't pull the trigger then. Now, of course, I want it. :( But I'm not sure I want to deal with making a Euro account and such. Plus I'm still a little worried some of this will be in German or might not work on a US PS3. Do we know for certain that the game is in English and is not region locked?

Also, what's the shipping on this to the US? It's rather larger than the Harry Potter collection BR I bought from the UK.
Posted Image

#88 Woocls

Woocls

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2013 - 06:13 PM

I should have bought the US version when I had the chance, but I couldn't pull the trigger then. Now, of course, I want it. :( But I'm not sure I want to deal with making a Euro account and such. Plus I'm still a little worried some of this will be in German or might not work on a US PS3. Do we know for certain that the game is in English and is not region locked?

Also, what's the shipping on this to the US? It's rather larger than the Harry Potter collection BR I bought from the UK.

It was ~$108 Shipped.

#89 crunchewy

crunchewy

Posted 25 January 2013 - 06:16 PM

Yeah, I just stumbled through the process (can't read a damn thing LOL!) and my total would be $109.12 (3 Euro shipping). So tempting. Might be kind of cool to have the German box. I just need to know for sure that the book and everything else is in English, and that the game will work on a US PS3.
Posted Image

#90 V4Oldboy

V4Oldboy

Vengeance 4 Oldboy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2013 - 06:22 PM

Yeah, I just stumbled through the process (can't read a damn thing LOL!) and my total would be $109.12 (3 Euro shipping). So tempting. Might be kind of cool to have the German box. I just need to know for sure that the book and everything else is in English, and that the game will work on a US PS3.

As a rule all PS3 games are region free except for a few exceptions like P4 Arena. So a quick google search should get you your answer quickly.