Photo
- - - - -

Ni No Kuni Wizard Edition German Version Region Free (Book in English) $108 Amazon

• Please log in to reply
249 replies to this topic

#91 Crunchewy

Crunchewy

Posted 25 January 2013 - 06:22 PM

But in English too? And the book inside? I'm surprised the book wouldn't be in german. How does anyone know for sure since it's not out yet?

Crunchewy.png

#92 Woocls

Woocls

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2013 - 06:34 PM

But in English too? And the book inside? I'm surprised the book wouldn't be in german. How does anyone know for sure since it's not out yet?

The game is the same one used for all EU regions. It comes with dual audio (English & Japanese) and 6 sub-title options including English and German. So the game will work just fine. (It'd be VERY expensive to develop the game in all those different languages.) And the description on the product page says the book is written in English (Also be expensive to make 7 different versions of the book)

#93 Crunchewy

Crunchewy

Posted 25 January 2013 - 06:43 PM

Just looked at a Europe unboxing. I hope everybody realizes that the Euro Wizards Edition is not nearly as nice as the US version. No cool displayable box. No coin. No CD soundtrack. It's just Drippy, the book and the game tossed into a box. That makes this German version a lot less appealing. Maybe they'll make more of the US version? I guess I can hope....

The book does look pretty sweet, though. It is the best part.

Crunchewy.png

#94 YBX87

YBX87

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2013 - 07:07 PM

Just looked at a Europe unboxing. I hope everybody realizes that the Euro Wizards Edition is not nearly as nice as the US version. No cool displayable box. No coin. No CD soundtrack. It's just Drippy, the book and the game tossed into a box. That makes this German version a lot less appealing. Maybe they'll make more of the US version? I guess I can hope....

The book does look pretty sweet, though. It is the best part.

that is the main reason the us edition is selling for upwards of $400 on ebay

#95 Crunchewy

Crunchewy

Posted 25 January 2013 - 07:51 PM

That and its released. Always helps!

Apparently you can get the PAL edition with an english box from Amazon.it (italy). Shipping is a bit more but you can pay extra for 3 day.

Do you have a link, because I just looked on that .it store and it's the same EU version. Just drippy, the book and the game (and downloadable content).

Crunchewy.png

#96 Fatbot3

Fatbot3

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2013 - 08:58 PM

Is there an unboxing of the german version? People keep saying the box is of lesser quality and I wondered how they got that info.

Otherwise I don't really care about the Ninostarter items. The prints and the DLC would be nice but the wizards book is the only important thing in the set for me.

#97 JCrichton

JCrichton

Posted 25 January 2013 - 09:04 PM

If you are going to order from the German site and can't read German, just use Chrome as your browser and allow it to auto-translate for ya. :)

#98 htz

htz

Posted 25 January 2013 - 09:14 PM

Is there an unboxing of the german version? People keep saying the box is of lesser quality and I wondered how they got that info.

Otherwise I don't really care about the Ninostarter items. The prints and the DLC would be nice but the wizards book is the only important thing in the set for me.

Removable USK logo and Namco Bandai? I hate to break it to you, but that will not give it. And the U.S. design is much closer to the original Japanese cover. The key word is 'classy and elegant'. But for taste is well known, arguing gorgeous ...

I think they are referring to the box with the green USK logo on it...
Edit:

I guess the German guy was right, the US version's packaging looks way better.

Edited by htz, 25 January 2013 - 09:32 PM.

#99 king9x

king9x

King of NYNEX

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2013 - 09:48 PM

The Wizard book has been released into the wild as a PDF.

Being one of the ones screwed by Digital River, perhaps the pain can be mitigated with a download.

EDIT: Before my inbox gets flooded with requests, I do not have a link to give for this download. Please don't ask.

Edited by king9x, 25 January 2013 - 10:01 PM.

decept1.png

#100 hairypeckpeck

hairypeckpeck

Posted 25 January 2013 - 10:46 PM

Being one of the ones screwed by Digital River, perhaps the pain can be mitigated with a download.

EDIT: Before my inbox gets flooded with requests, I do not have a link to give for this download. Please don't ask.

good news.

#101 Vinny

Vinny

Bang, bang... pew...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2013 - 10:50 PM

The entire Wizard's Companion is in the game itself (exact format/layout and whatnot) so it's not like you can't see it any other way. Scanned documents aren't always the best quality, not to mention it's probably not as easy to navigate as the in game version.

Then again, having it on a tablet would be nice.

Currently playing: 

:wiiu: Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD - :D 

:vita: Uncharted: Golden Abyss - :) 

:ps3: Zone of the Enders HD - :)

fyreboltx.png
║My Tradelists: Games, Guides & Game Related GoodiesWantlist

#102 Vinny

Vinny

Bang, bang... pew...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2013 - 11:17 PM

I haven't looked at the in game version much, but I would be shocked if it was easier to flip through it in game than on a PDF. It would be pretty amazing for a console controller, but I guess we'll see.

It's a scanned document. Scanned PDFs aren't the same as a published PDF, which can be seperated into different sections and by parts. Scanned PDFs are generally slower scroll through and you can't do stuff like "ctrl+f" to search either.

In the game book isn't perfect, obviously, but I think it works better than the scanned doc available right now (unless there's others out there?).

Currently playing: 

fyreboltx.png

#103 king9x

king9x

King of NYNEX

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2013 - 11:25 PM

Then again, having it on a tablet would be nice.

This.

Scrolls fine on my iPad and Search function works fine. BTW, there's no CTRL-F on the PS3 controller either. :)

I get it, you don't care for the scanned document, I just put it out there as an FYI for those that do. Haters gonna hate?

decept1.png

#104 Blaster man

Blaster man

Posted 26 January 2013 - 12:00 AM

Holy shit, players guides are selling for ~$50. Guess I'll sell mine. Strike while the iron's hot and all. Then when its restocked I'll replace my copy.

#105 Woocls

Woocls

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2013 - 12:11 AM

It's a scanned document. Scanned PDFs aren't the same as a published PDF, which can be seperated into different sections and by parts. Scanned PDFs are generally slower scroll through and you can't do stuff like "ctrl+f" to search either.

In the game book isn't perfect, obviously, but I think it works better than the scanned doc available right now (unless there's others out there?).

Is it a scanned doc though? I would imagine it'd be way easier just to rip the in-game one right out. I mean... it's basically all there on the disc ready to go.

#106 Blaster man

Blaster man

Posted 26 January 2013 - 12:22 AM

I posted this in the Namco forums, free guide for all impacted. If you have a sealed guide and are impacted by this, sell it you're getting another for free.
http://www.ign.com/a...a590bf351000014

#107 Woocls

Woocls

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2013 - 12:40 AM

Lol....yea, that's not how things work.

It's got to be easier than destroying your WE book! The thought of someone's poor book being destroyed so a pdf could be made in it's place makes me sick! :puke:

#108 Kyanos

Kyanos

Big Kitty

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2013 - 12:42 AM

I posted this in the Namco forums, free guide for all impacted. If you have a sealed guide and are impacted by this, sell it you're getting another for free.

We'll see if I actually get a free one or not. I got the $20 coupon code but if they are leaving this up to Digital River again who knows what might happen.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#109 Youngnoble

Youngnoble

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2013 - 12:42 AM

This is just one ugly mess. The WE will be notorious. The story's don't stop. I can't believe they had to mention playcanada.

#110 tossup

tossup

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2013 - 01:43 AM

After having a pre-order for the german version, canceling it because I replaced that order with a US wizard edition, having that canceled, and crawling back for the german edition.. phew. I'm beat. I just want the wizard's companion book in english.

This is a hefty sum to pay for it, but having confirmation from Namco that they aren't reprinting is all I need to hear. It is a shame so many people have to resort to importing for a game that was actually brought over to the US. It just seems so strange.

Also, for those curious, it appears that the amazon.co.uk edition was restocked on the 23rd and promptly sold out again. I'm not sure if that is the only restock or of it is was ever up at all, but that is what a thread at the bottom of the page seems to indicate.

#111 Vinny

Vinny

Bang, bang... pew...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2013 - 01:54 AM

It's got to be easier than destroying your WE book! The thought of someone's poor book being destroyed so a pdf could be made in it's place makes me sick! :puke:

As said earlier, it's not that simple. You can find character/level/other graphical and sound extracts from games because those are assets are in every game and people would be interested in those (mods, remixing, etc.) so there exists methods/tools to extract those things.

But in game literature is pretty uncommon. I think this game and Skyrim are probably the only two that actually have significant in game text that's worth reading and I doubt it would worth anyone's efforts how to do it for just two games.

And yes, the one I downloaded is a scanned doc. You can see the edges of the pages and the interior gap. There are scanners that can have modes meant to scan physical books and magazines pretty quickly (you just need to flip the pages) so it could be done in a few hours.

This is just one ugly mess. The WE will be notorious. The story's don't stop. I can't believe they had to mention playcanada.

I knew PlayCanada was full of shit when they said they worked with Namco and I'd be willing to bet DR made a shady ass deal with them. Think about it, given how DR had so much trouble handling so many individual orders, it was probably easier for them to make one big deal to sell 200 copies (which was cheaper to ship/process too) than to handle 200 individual transactions.

There's no way PlayCanada knew that these would sell out and go for as much as they would back in August that they placed an order for 200 copies. They started these out at $150 (I think, I'm not 100% sure on this) and quickly spiked the price to $200. They pulled their last auction (wherein the price at the end was $400) with about 15 left, and now they're listing it with only 2 available (creating a false sense of shortages) for $500.

These asshats sold over 100 units for $200 (eBay doesn't show any beyond the last 100). For simplicities sake, lets say that they sold their last 100 copies at $200 and ignore that they increased their price. The cost of one copy with standard shipping was $115 (for us), meaning they made 100*($200 - $115) = $8500. Their PayPal and FVF fees are probably around 10-13% (they are a large store so they get big discounts), leaving them with ~$7500 in pure profits for just half of their sales. And this is ignoring the possibility that they got bulk discounts and using very conservative mark ups (I doubt each unit cost them anything near $115). Hell, the eBay fees I used might be too high.

Fine, I don't have video evidence or a signed affidavit as proof but you can connect the dots and come to your own conclusion I guess. Some retailer canceled a shit ton of orders without good reason and some eBay seller made over $7500 on only 100 of their 220+ units.

Sorry for the huge rant. For the record, I got my copy fine (and my hatred for DR is not new), but I'm just beyond pissed at how many people got fucked over on this.

Currently playing: 

fyreboltx.png

#112 Youngnoble

Youngnoble

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2013 - 02:01 AM

I wouldn't put it past playcanada to cancel those early auctions they sold for $150.

#113 Rowdy1854

Rowdy1854

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2013 - 02:01 AM

Only 4 German copies left at amazon, get in if you are on the fence.

:EDIT: Never mind, looks like you can only add 5 to your cart at a time

Edited by parkerwilson, 26 January 2013 - 02:16 AM.

#114 Zekewsdad

Zekewsdad

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2013 - 02:08 AM

i dont know, im pretty resourceful when it comes to locating illicit material and I cant find this pdf anywhere.

#115 yoricksdeath

yoricksdeath

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2013 - 02:09 AM

Nevermind

Edited by yoricksdeath, 26 January 2013 - 02:19 AM.

#116 thaidavid

thaidavid

Posted 26 January 2013 - 02:10 AM

As said earlier, it's not that simple. You can find character/level/other graphical and sound extracts from games because those are assets are in every game and people would be interested in those (mods, remixing, etc.) so there exists methods/tools to extract those things.

But in game literature is pretty uncommon. I think this game and Skyrim are probably the only two that actually have significant in game text that's worth reading and I doubt it would worth anyone's efforts how to do it for just two games.

And yes, the one I downloaded is a scanned doc. You can see the edges of the pages and the interior gap. There are scanners that can have modes meant to scan physical books and magazines pretty quickly (you just need to flip the pages) so it could be done in a few hours.

I knew PlayCanada was full of shit when they said they worked with Namco and I'd be willing to bet DR made a shady ass deal with them. Think about it, given how DR had so much trouble handling so many individual orders, it was probably easier for them to make one big deal to sell 200 copies (which was cheaper to ship/process too) than to handle 200 individual transactions.

There's no way PlayCanada knew that these would sell out and go for as much as they would back in August that they placed an order for 200 copies. They started these out at $150 (I think, I'm not 100% sure on this) and quickly spiked the price to $200. They pulled their last auction (wherein the price at the end was $400) with about 15 left, and now they're listing it with only 2 available (creating a false sense of shortages) for $500.

These asshats sold over 100 units for $200 (eBay doesn't show any beyond the last 100). For simplicities sake, lets say that they sold their last 100 copies at $200 and ignore that they increased their price. The cost of one copy with standard shipping was $115 (for us), meaning they made 100*($200 - $115) = $8500. Their PayPal and FVF fees are probably around 10-13% (they are a large store so they get big discounts), leaving them with ~$7500 in pure profits for just half of their sales. And this is ignoring the possibility that they got bulk discounts and using very conservative mark ups (I doubt each unit cost them anything near $115). Hell, the eBay fees I used might be too high.

Fine, I don't have video evidence or a signed affidavit as proof but you can connect the dots and come to your own conclusion I guess. Some retailer canceled a shit ton of orders without good reason and some eBay seller made over $7500 on only 100 of their 220+ units.

Sorry for the huge rant. For the record, I got my copy fine (and my hatred for DR is not new), but I'm just beyond pissed at how many people got fucked over on this.

http://www.ign.com/a...co-namco-speaks

#117 Gators300

Gators300

The Right Thing... What Is It?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2013 - 02:12 AM

i dont know, im pretty resourceful when it comes to locating illicit material and I cant find this pdf anywhere.

Ha ha, glad I am not the only one scouring torrent sites and other semi-illicit sites for this and also unable to find it. Why can't this be posted again? It's not like you can buy it...
"You know, my heart is beating incredibly fast, I must be experiencing absolute terror!"

#118 sp1cychick3n

sp1cychick3n

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2013 - 02:26 AM

Can the menus in the German version be switched to English?

#119 AionTelos

AionTelos

is PLUS ONE PIG!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2013 - 02:48 AM

German version doesn't come with the sweet ass coin, poster cards, and soundtrack it looks like?

#120 YBX87

YBX87

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2013 - 02:49 AM

German version doesn't come with the sweet ass coin, poster cards, and soundtrack it looks like?

yes, thats right.