Photo
- - - - -

Ni No Kuni Wizard Edition German Version Region Free (Book in English) $108 Amazon

• Please log in to reply
249 replies to this topic

#181 imacjenn

imacjenn

Posted 29 January 2013 - 02:47 AM

This.

aw, dang. shake it and guess it is then.

#182 Havokscry

Havokscry

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2013 - 03:06 AM

I'm thankful that it's shrink-wrapped in a way. The shipping box and WE package had a strange smell to them.

#183 granturismo

granturismo

Posted 30 January 2013 - 06:56 AM

This.

yep

#184 madmak28

madmak28

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2013 - 05:56 PM

Hey Everyone. For those that got in on the German WE, when you look at Amazon.de> My Account > My Orders, do you see "Discontinued Order" above the date you tried to complete the order? I never hit the cancel order button.

As far as I can tell, it's still scheduled to ship 1/31, but maybe something is lost in translation (using Chrome to auto-translate).

#185 youenvy

youenvy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2013 - 06:19 PM

Hey Everyone. For those that got in on the German WE, when you look at Amazon.de> My Account > My Orders, do you see "Discontinued Order" above the date you tried to complete the order? I never hit the cancel order button.

As far as I can tell, it's still scheduled to ship 1/31, but maybe something is lost in translation (using Chrome to auto-translate).

yeah i saw this to on my order but have no idea-what that actually means-

did they discontinue my order??--yet i have no emails saying so

or are they saying the product is now discontinued.

im just holding on to a little hope that the reg version is coming out on 1/31 earlier and the wizard ed will come out a few days later as it seems to be doing so everywhere else.

#186 testudo

testudo

Posted 30 January 2013 - 07:16 PM

I saw the same thing and was freaking out... I think (I hope) it just means that you can't buy it anymore. I guess we will see if it ships tomorrow.

"I'm saving your future for a rainy day."
Check out the best gaming website in/for the world: sustainablegamers.tumblr.com

#187 CrimsonTribe

CrimsonTribe

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2013 - 09:03 PM

I don't speak German, but if you run that phrase through google translate and look at alternatives, it can also mean "Placed Order"

Workin on it

#188 Woocls

Woocls

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2013 - 09:10 PM

I don't speak German, but if you run that phrase through google translate and look at alternatives, it can also mean "Placed Order"

We saw this the day we ordered it (a few pages back) and determined that all it basically means is Order on Hold. So nothing to worry about.
Here's the quote from earlier in the thread:

I have games (not Ni No Kuni, but Crysis 3 and Sim City) pre-ordered on the U.S. Amazon site, and in that same slot it says "Order Placed", which may badly translate to "Discontinued Order" in German.

#189 Dental

Dental

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2013 - 01:14 AM

Order status changed to "shipping soon" and my card was charged. Really looking forward to it.

#190 madmak28

madmak28

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2013 - 02:03 AM

Thanks for the clarification on the order status and translation everyone!

#191 Vinny

Vinny

Bang, bang... pew...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2013 - 02:18 AM

Order status changed to "shipping soon" and my card was charged. Really looking forward to it.

My order on Amazon UK is shipping soon too. Kinda tempted to open this one for the plushie since I already have the US WE (that I'm keeping sealed).:-k

Currently playing: 

:wiiu: Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD - :D

:vita: Uncharted: Golden Abyss - :)

:ps3: Zone of the Enders HD - :-|

fyreboltx.png
║My Tradelists: Games, Guides & Game Related GoodiesWantlist

#192 Woocls

Woocls

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2013 - 02:24 AM

My order on Amazon UK is shipping soon too. Kinda tempted to open this one for the plushie since I already have the US WE (that I'm keeping sealed).:-k

Everyone loves a good plushie! I was going to sell my drippy but he's just so funny in game I'm actually looking forward to getting the plush now.

EDIT: Just checked mine too. It's in the same boat... I will probably get nothing done at work until it actually ships.

Edited by Woocls, 31 January 2013 - 02:38 AM.

#193 hujak6

hujak6

Posted 31 January 2013 - 03:50 AM

I just can't wait to play this game. Can't decide whether to pick up this game at my local stores and then sell the German copy when it arrives or to just wait.

#194 redroversk

redroversk

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2013 - 03:33 PM

Mine shipped from Amazon Germany, should be here by 2/21, thank goodness.

What a crappy launch for an awesome game, I get to play the waiting game until then, I wouldn't dare disturb my backlog...

#195 madmak28

madmak28

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2013 - 04:50 PM

Yup, mine says shipped and expected 2/21. Damn, pushed back a week from the original expected date.

#196 pdjones

pdjones

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2013 - 04:55 PM

Mine shipped as well. woot!

#197 Woocls

Woocls

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2013 - 05:03 PM

dang... so far nothing from mine. Starting to get nervous.

#198 LD_Helix

LD_Helix

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2013 - 05:04 PM

https://encrypted-tb...45ReSsbfGTT1QuE

Card charged! Item shipped!

Edit: also its back up on amazon germany as well as italy.

#199 shivan128

shivan128

CAG at heart

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2013 - 05:17 PM

my status is shipping soon... woohoo!

edaa9c273976.png

My tradelist: http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=301364

Currently Playing:  :vita: Dragon Fantasy book 2, :3ds: Link's Awakening, :360: DDP SDOJ, :ps3: Rocksmith 2014, :ps4: Dynasty Warriors 8

#200 Vinny

Vinny

Bang, bang... pew...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2013 - 05:18 PM

My UK copy shipped. I wonder how damaged it'll be when it arrives...:-k

Currently playing: 

:wiiu: Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD - :D

:vita: Uncharted: Golden Abyss - :)

:ps3: Zone of the Enders HD - :-|

fyreboltx.png
║My Tradelists: Games, Guides & Game Related GoodiesWantlist

#201 Fatbot3

Fatbot3

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2013 - 05:31 PM

Mine Amazon.de shipped with a delivery estimate of the 20th. Now to get the steelbook coming from GameStop corporate as well as this mythical strategy guide promised by Bamco to all the messed up DR orders. Hopefully it all comes around the same time.

#202 Meelahd

Meelahd

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2013 - 05:35 PM

My UK order already shipped with the same 20th delivery estimate. Kind of weird because it had an original estimate of the 7th, but I think that might have been calculated based off of the original non delayed ship date.

I am just glad I am getting it at this point. Now if only I could get my promised strategy guide from Namco Bandai, but knowing them I wouldn't be surprised if it ended up to be another disaster.

#203 Finger_Shocker

Finger_Shocker

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2013 - 05:41 PM

Anyone know if any retailers ever carried this Wizard Ed?

I think this set will be available at lower prices once the hype goes away, much like the borderland chest thing that got close to the same asking price a while back

#204 JCrichton

JCrichton

Posted 31 January 2013 - 05:44 PM

I think this set will be available at lower prices once the hype goes away, much like the borderland chest thing that got close to the same asking price a while back

None did. Namco online exclusive. That's why it's so sought after.

#205 ShockandAww

ShockandAww

Truth is treason

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2013 - 05:52 PM

You're normally right and prices bomb quite often after release but I dunno about that for the NA version of this at least. This is an RPG and I'm pretty sure it's more exclusive than the Loot Chest ever was. No way of knowing but I'd be pretty surprised if there were 53,000+ of these...

If I wasn't dumb and I had another US version I'd be holding onto it.

#206 Meelahd

Meelahd

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2013 - 05:55 PM

You're normally right and prices bomb quite often after release but I dunno about that for the NA version of this at least. This is an RPG and I'm pretty sure it's more exclusive than the Loot Chest ever was. No way of knowing but I'd be pretty surprised if there were 53,000+ of these...

If I wasn't dumb and I had another US version I'd be holding onto it.

There was no where close to 50,000 of these produced. If we are talking about the NA version I would estimate 5k, but I could be wrong.

#207 Gamer SDP

Gamer SDP

not much of a gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2013 - 05:58 PM

My German copy set to arrive Feb 20.

#208 testudo

testudo

Posted 31 January 2013 - 06:24 PM

The most beautiful words in German are:

Voraussichtliche Lieferung: 20. Februar 2013 bis 19:00 Uhr
Versandt

"I'm saving your future for a rainy day."
Check out the best gaming website in/for the world: sustainablegamers.tumblr.com

#209 Woocls

Woocls

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2013 - 08:12 PM

The most beautiful words in German are:

Voraussichtliche Lieferung: 20. Februar 2013 bis 19:00 Uhr
Versandt

Super jelly right now!!! If mine doesn't ship soon I won't get any work done at work today! Dang it, I keep checking my email like my life depends on it...

#210 Fatbot3

Fatbot3

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2013 - 09:04 PM

Now that the german and other EU versions are out can anyone confirm that text can be set to English? I saw a German WE unboxing that looked nice but the back mentioned only german text which I found a bit unsettling. The NA version has multiple language settings if I'm not mistaken.