Rockband 3 pro guitar bundle Newegg $30 (sold out, but GAMESHARK STORE IN STOCK $60)

cobaltD

CAGiversary!
OUT OF STOCK http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16874104229&Tpk=rockband 3 mustang bundle

seems like a pretty good deal. I've been waiting awhile to pick up rb3 so this seems like a no brainer.

was bummed it went out of stock so fast, so found it here http://store.gameshark.com/viewItem.asp?idProduct=5251&idCategory=324 for $60. still a pretty good deal if you ask me.

Also, for all those aspiring keyboardists http://store.gameshark.com/viewItem.asp?idProduct=4817&idCategory=324

Last edited by a moderator:
i bought Rocksmith and like that, so I'm curious to see what this controller is like. I think at least it will be a good muscle memory learning tool if nothing else.

[quote name='cobaltD']i bought Rocksmith and like that, so I'm curious to see what this controller is like. I think at least it will be a good muscle memory learning tool if nothing else.[/QUOTE]

The buttons feel stranger than strings but the sensation is the same for chord formation and plucking/strumming the strings is the same sensation as real guitar so the muscle memory reinforcement is solid, plus the songs are fun to play:D

[quote name='theemadgamer']The buttons feel stranger than strings but the sensation is the same for chord formation and plucking/strumming the strings is the same sensation as real guitar so the muscle memory reinforcement is solid, plus the songs are fun to play:D[/QUOTE]

Just got done looking at the set list.....now i'm definitely stoked!

Well I did some searching to see if it was somewhat cheap anywhere else, and if you didn't get on this deal, another place is selling it for only $162.18 plus $301.18 shipping.

Figures I'd actually be hunkering down for some serious schoolwork while this happened. Would've loved to finally have a chance to try out pro guitar for a good price (seriously, Rock Band 3 is my most played 360 game and I've still never touched pro mode).

[quote name='Deserter Goose']Figures I'd actually be hunkering down for some serious schoolwork while this happened. Would've loved to finally have a chance to try out pro guitar for a good price (seriously, Rock Band 3 is my most played 360 game and I've still never touched pro mode).[/QUOTE]

don't feel too bad, this deal was dead almost instantly. i posted it right after I ordered one and they were out of stock a minute later. It said limit 5 copies so I'm sure a couple of flippers probably ruined it for people that actually wanted the game. Oh well, you win some you lose some...

I would always highly suggest just getting Rocksmith or at least the real pro guitar made for RB3. It was different when it was the old game guitars that were nothing like a real one, but this is so close you may as well just get a cheap real guitar and learn on that.

I bought one of these at launch, because at the time of its release, it was the least expensive MIDI guitar you could buy. I love Rock Band, but I've never once used this to play Pro Mode: I've only ever used it to record music on my computer. All it takes is a $5 MIDI>USB cable, and most DAW software should recognize it.

It's certainly not the most fully-featured MIDI guitar (there's no pitchbend, for example) and a cheap cable will introduce a few milliseconds of delay, but even at full price, it was a great bargain, and is definitely the most unique instrument in my studio.

Amazon also has it for $60 if you have Prime, free 2 day shipping.

I got one from Amazon a month o2 back and have loved playing in Pro mode even though it is harder since I don't play guitar all that much now.

Also if you play standard mode on this controller it still stays the 5 colors so Pro mode is the only way tho fully enjoy the controller.

[quote name='mars009']OOS...why why!!!![/QUOTE]

it's still in stock at the gameshark store for 60

[quote name='mars009']OOS...why why!!!![/QUOTE]

it's still in stock at the Gameshark store, albeit at $60, but still a pretty good deal

[quote name='mywhitenoise']I'm going to take a guess and say it has something to do with the $30 price.[/QUOTE]

true, i forgot what site i was on for a second ha

The bundle's price has hovered around $60 for quite a few months now, so I doubt there'll be many people wanting to jump on the price. Appreciate the helpfulness, though.

bread's done
Back