(PS3) Deadly Premonition: The Director's Cut $39.99 on Amazon.com

Been on there since early December. Not a deal at all, but it'll be interesting to see how much less craptastic this "improvement" is.

What? Wasn't the original $20? I'm regretting selling it to get this one now... but I'll just wait for a price drop.

This one has extra content apparently though. But yeah, I'd just get the X360 version at this point since you can play it now and cheaper

woah i read about this a loong time ago, finally its gonna be released. I'll check it out, I heard it's strange and creepy. Im a sucker for goty editions n such especially when they improve the game itself, super stoked they just announced the Dragons Dogma complete package as well. Will probably wait for this to drop to 30 or below.

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']I'll wait for this to hit 10.

started playing it on 360... was... interesting[/QUOTE]

lol... It only gets... more... "interesting" all the way to the end.

Love this game. Had to import the Asian version for PS3 to finish the game after my 360 brokedown halfway through the game.

[quote name='VenomA7X']woah i read about this a loong time ago, finally its gonna be released. I'll check it out, I heard it's strange and creepy. Im a sucker for goty editions n such especially when they improve the game itself, super stoked they just announced the Dragons Dogma complete package as well. Will probably wait for this to drop to 30 or below.[/QUOTE]

Wait what? They announced a complete edition of Dragon's Dogma already? I can't find anything on it anywhere.

I can't wait to see what's been added as part of the last one's charm was a unique story in spite of mixed up levels of quality in the gameplay department.

[quote name='roedaniel19']Wait what? They announced a complete edition of Dragon's Dogma already? I can't find anything on it anywhere.[/QUOTE]

Look up Dark Arisen expansion. It includes the original game as well, so glad I haven't bought that already.

Explore Greenvale in greater detail with a complete graphical overhaul

Outside of the few additions that seems the biggest. The game was great, but the controls were tough to get use to and the graphics weren't exactly pretty.

[quote name='roedaniel19']Wait what? They announced a complete edition of Dragon's Dogma already? I can't find anything on it anywhere.[/QUOTE]

Yes it has an improved menu and travel along with extras like 100 items a new stage with like 25 new enemies n such, but it's not called the complete edition tho, it's called Dragons Dogma:Dark Rising I think, will be 40 bucks at launch.

This version will have Move support too.

One of the best games this gen. Anyone who can't look past the weird Lynchisms is truly missing out on one of the best twists/character arcs in gaming.

I plan on double-dipping and getting this version since there will be Move-support, extra content, and some improvements & fixes. I'll wait for a price drop; $20 would be my sweet spot!

Gamestop has the Xbox version (pre-owned) for $18. I'm sure they'll do what they did with the original Mass Effect and raise the price $10 when the sequel came out. I've been wanting to try this game out but my backlog tells me I should wait for a deal.

Wow, so excited about this actually... LOVED this game on 360. I was already planning on a 2nd playthrough. Will wait for at least the $30 mark if not $20 though... unless my impulse gets the best of me :p

[quote name='nixmahn']description says graphic over haul, any screen shots yet or articles comparing this to older 360 version?[/QUOTE]

Not yet but Swery just did finish his "world tour" of press meetings and according to Rising Star they will be announcing info soon, including a concrete release date.

I wonder why this is PS3 only. If they actually made graphical improvements and the prequel & epilogue they added were substantial, I'd actually be interested in playing it again. It's definitely an acquired taste but I rather enjoyed parts of the game.

[quote name='graf1k']I wonder why this is PS3 only. If they actually made graphical improvements and the prequel & epilogue they added were substantial, I'd actually be interested in playing it again. It's definitely an acquired taste but I rather enjoyed parts of the game.[/QUOTE]

My guess is that Access Games either doesn't have the resources to do a simultaneous port or that it uses Move to such an extent that a 360 port would be wonky.

bread's done
Back