Photo
- - - - -

Best Buy 2 Day Sale - Twisted Metal & inFamous DS3 Bundles $39.99

• Please log in to reply
103 replies to this topic

#61 waldo21212

waldo21212

Posted 25 January 2013 - 06:27 PM

Oh, the irony. ;) If I didn't have both of those games, I'd snag a bundle as well. I have a red, blue, green (which I gave my GF for Xmas), and four black controllers. Wait, I don't need anymore controllers. I just realized that after I typed out everything, lol.

I don't feel so bad buying a white TM bundle for my 4th controller now. And I rarely play local co-op games.

I justified it by thinking that having another controller in my rotation will slow down the wear and tear on my old(er) black DS3's.

#62 smokeyp31

smokeyp31

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2013 - 08:41 PM

Yeah man keep up the rotation "puff, puff, give" "puff, puff,give", lol

#63 strait edge follower

strait edge follower

Cult of personality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2013 - 09:38 PM

i traded in my old dual shock 3 to gamestop and used that credit to buy trade bait for bestbuy. i then traded that stuff along with my copys of infamous 1, 2 and some junk i didnt want to get the infamous bundle. my father got the controller as he needed a new one and i got the infamous games back in my collection. we both win :)
Currently playing
:ps4: strider, blacklight retribution, mlb 14, lego marvel, the transistor, assassins creed black flag :wiiu: new super mario bros u, zelda ww hd

games recently beaten: :ps4: contrast, watch dogs, infamous second son, killzone shadowfall, murdered soul suspect :wiiu: donkey kong tropical freeze

690739.png

#64 cidrei

cidrei

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2013 - 10:14 PM

YMMV, but my local Best Buy also had the God of War Saga (5 games) and a red DS3 at this same price point.

#65 Austindo

Austindo

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2013 - 10:35 PM

Do these work in store?

#66 CheapAssHustla

CheapAssHustla

Hustle..Hustle Hard

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2013 - 10:42 PM

I don't feel so bad buying a white TM bundle for my 4th controller now. And I rarely play local co-op games.

I justified it by thinking that having another controller in my rotation will slow down the wear and tear on my old(er) black DS3's.

Fair enough. I still have my original controller from my Metal Gear Solid bundle. In amazed that it still works. I'm going to keep my other controllers sealed until I need them.

#67 Symphonix

Symphonix

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2013 - 10:52 PM

YMMV, but my local Best Buy also had the God of War Saga (5 games) and a red DS3 at this same price point.

I can confirm this is not YMMV. Just got back from my Best Buy and they had Infamous, God of War and Twisted Metal DS3 Bundles on sale for 39.99. Bought all 3 like a true patriot. Red/White/Blue lol ;D

#68 Jackovasaurus

Jackovasaurus

And ya say Chi-City

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2013 - 11:05 PM

I can confirm this is not YMMV. Just got back from my Best Buy and they had Infamous, God of War and Twisted Metal DS3 Bundles on sale for 39.99. Bought all 3 like a true patriot. Red/White/Blue lol ;D

This place is for you, brother.

http://www.reddit.com/r/MURICA/

#69 deftrance

deftrance

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2013 - 11:09 PM

Picked up a white one for store pick-up. Time to replace my old non-DS3 controller!

#70 Symphonix

Symphonix

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2013 - 11:35 PM

This place is for you, brother.

http://www.reddit.com/r/MURICA/

Haha, that's some good stuff ;D

#71 nietzsche74

nietzsche74

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2013 - 12:37 AM

I can confirm that the God of War Saga DS3 bundle is also on sale for $39.99.

#72 roundhouse

roundhouse

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2013 - 01:12 AM

damnit the red controller looks cool. I almost made it through this sale w/o buying anything too..
tl

#73 YBX87

YBX87

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2013 - 01:27 AM

I can confirm that the God of War Saga DS3 bundle is also on sale for $39.99.

well, i guess i am heading to bestbuy tomorrow to pick up the god of war bundle then

#74 Perfect*Ending

Perfect*Ending

Cute Kelly

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2013 - 01:42 AM

Ordered the inFamous DS3 bundle. :)
Posted Image
Best in the World!

New Acronyms:
MSRP = Many Stupid Ridiculous Prices
SAD = Shitty Ass Deal

If you have a PS3, but are not gamesharing, you're doing it wrong.
Get a $60 game on day one for as low as $10?! :hot:
http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=339425

#75 Tyga24

Tyga24

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2013 - 01:49 AM

Count another confirmation for the God of War - Red Controller combo for $39.99 and definitely part of the 2-day sale.

Hopefully there is that 1-month PS Plus code in there so I can get some of those great sale titles.

#76 Gamer SDP

Gamer SDP

not much of a gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2013 - 01:59 AM

Is the GoW bundle in store only? I'm mad I didn't see this thread last night as I passed BB today and won't have time tomorrow.

#77 gatordeve86

gatordeve86

CAG Master

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2013 - 02:03 AM

i was debating getting a PS3 again and i think the God of War bundle will talk me into it lol
now if only i could trick the wife into thinking i already owned it

#78 Lemstar

Lemstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2013 - 02:04 AM

Anyone check if the Killzone Trilogy bundle is discounted, too?

#79 mrbungle

mrbungle

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2013 - 02:15 AM

It still shows regular price online. The other bundles are showing the sale price online.

#80 McFryyyyyy

McFryyyyyy

Mogwai Fear Satan!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2013 - 02:26 AM

anyone have a link to the GOW bundle I want to pick up at store at this price but do not think I will make it to my Best Buy in time.

Kamagii.png

#81 YBX87

YBX87

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2013 - 02:48 AM

anyone have a link to the GOW bundle I want to pick up at store at this price but do not think I will make it to my Best Buy in time.

it is not listed online, so you are sol if you cannot get to a store to purchase it.

#82 teknomedic

teknomedic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2013 - 02:51 AM

MW3 for 9.61 after $10 cert... since I don't care about the multi, this is a perfect price to play the single player.
Gamers Unite... VOTE!
http://videogamevoters.org/

#83 pharmacrest

pharmacrest

Posted 26 January 2013 - 03:16 AM

I went ahead and bought the GOW bundle even though I already have all the games. I wanted a new controller anyway and the Red is kind of cool. Anyway, now I might as well trade the saga back in for $15 and change after bonuses. Hope it holds a couple more days though. Oh and I almost forgot, 1 free month of plus is included with the saga so thats another $4 and change in savings for me.

Sucker born every minute

Wrencrest.png

#84 deftrance

deftrance

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2013 - 03:53 AM

I went ahead and bought the GOW bundle even though I already have all the games. I wanted a new controller anyway and the Red is kind of cool. Anyway, now I might as well trade the saga back in for $15 and change after bonuses. Hope it holds a couple more days though. Oh and I almost forgot, 1 free month of plus is included with the saga so thats another $4 and change in savings for me.

As a head's up, the individual games trade in for the same amount as the saga, if you want to keep the single jewelcase instead of multiple.

#85 DirtySeeSaw

DirtySeeSaw

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2013 - 04:52 AM

How much does a DS3 trade-in for at gamestop, looking to swap controllers

#86 Xombie007

Xombie007

Posted 26 January 2013 - 05:04 AM

That's my point this coupon isn't worded take $20 off it's get tiger woods for $19.99 just like the SCV coupon is. No matter what they price rings up as the PC will automatically marked it up/down to $19.99. A managers override will be needed for the free games which as you can imagine will be hugely YMMV to say the least.

If the coupon was the reg. $20 off then most likely the game would ring up free at least for 1-2 days before BB will correct the error by marking up the game like they did with deadliest warrior.

LOL! Actually, SackAttack didn't realize that the Tiger Woods PGA Tour 13 coupon is NOT a "take $20 off" offer, but rather a "get it for $19.99" when he made his posts. But I think he gets the message now.

#87 Xombie007

Xombie007

Posted 26 January 2013 - 05:08 AM

How much does a DS3 trade-in for at gamestop, looking to swap controllers

Someone earlier in this thread stated that you can get $22 at GameStop for the DS3 controller.

#88 foinecrewx

foinecrewx

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2013 - 05:20 AM

Talking about collecting controllers ....

Posted Image

Now should I get the White one ?

#89 jonnysniper

jonnysniper

Pokemaster Jonny

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2013 - 05:55 AM

Talking about collecting controllers ....

Posted Image

Now should I get the White one ?

Soooo jelly :drool:

#90 Sonic2k2

Sonic2k2

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2013 - 06:50 AM

Can someone conform if the controllers in these bundles are in there original blister packaging? Or just a bag?