(DEAD) Best Buy 2 Day Sale - Taken 2 $12.99 ($7.99 After U&S)

Really bummed that I won't be able to make it to my Best Buy in time for this sale seeing as my closest BB is about 75 miles away.

[quote name='Tsel']Really bummed that I won't be able to make it to my Best Buy in time for this sale seeing as my closest BB is about 75 miles away.[/QUOTE]

Try calling the 800 number and see if they can reimburse you in credit, they can always check your purchases to see if you did buy it.

[quote name='jcp42877']Anyone think you could get the t shirt bundle for the same price?[/QUOTE]

You can try and argue, this was the reason why I didn't buy that version I don't need a cheap shirt. They are different sku's so when they run the check on there screen it will throw up a red flag.

Nice, I just picked up the first one last week & watched it for the first time this past weekend. I'm definitely up for some more of that! :)

awesome. I'm running out of dvds to trade tho and my dollar tree had none. I'm sure I can find another garbage movie in my collection...I want this!

My local Blockbuster (yes I still have one around, but unfortunately not for much longer) has a ton of $1.00 DVD's.

So if you happen to have one close by, might be worth a stop in.

Guess I'm PMing this today

Holy shit how would this work if you did a preorder for $14.99 and then used an US coupon when you picked it up for the additional $5?

Nice! I still have a pile of DVDs laying around in wait of any sales/price drops. I guess it's time to stop by BBY later.

Nice, was going to get Taken 1 but wasn't planning on getting Taken 2 since I didn't want to spend $15 on a movie I haven't seen, but this seems reasonable.

[quote name='WV Matsui']Guess I'm PMing this today

Holy shit how would this work if you did a preorder for $14.99 and then used an US coupon when you picked it up for the additional $5?[/QUOTE]

I'll give you a 50/50 shot on that. Sometimes the clerks overlook a package price. So you would just be lowering the $14.99 pre-order (?) down to $9.99. If they don't pay attention to the upgrade and save, they would just give you $5.00 plus tax refund. Its not like the system will have to re-package out the deal and reject it b/c the selling price isn't $9.99. Good luck!

[quote name='token2k6']I'll give you a 50/50 shot on that. Sometimes the clerks overlook a package price. So you would just be lowering the $14.99 pre-order (?) down to $9.99. If they don't pay attention to the upgrade and save, they would just give you $5.00 plus tax refund. Its not like the system will have to re-package out the deal and reject it b/c the selling price isn't $9.99. Good luck![/QUOTE]

Yeah might be too much trouble :lol:

[quote name='thebokchoyman']Hope you all have better luck. My local store claimed it was an internet only price and refused to lower it.[/QUOTE]

Your local store is dumb. They're supposed to PM their own internet prices.

[quote name='thebokchoyman']Hope you all have better luck. My local store claimed it was an internet only price and refused to lower it.[/QUOTE]

At my store it rang up for $12.99 then I gave the cashier my upgrade and save coupon. The total came to $7.99 +tax with no override at all.

[quote name='cagfansub']I'll wait for the next round.. $9.99, with U&S, it goes to $4.99.[/QUOTE]

I'd rather spend the extra $3 more than wait 3-4 months when they do the promotion again.

Anyone know why when I click the link it says it's the blu-ray/dvd/digital copy combo for $12.99, then I click find in store it says it's the wide screen dvd version? And if anyone picked it up, what version is it? Thanks

[quote name='chaosbob86']Anyone know why when I click the link it says it's the blu-ray/dvd/digital copy combo for $12.99, then I click find in store it says it's the wide screen dvd version? And if anyone picked it up, what version is it? Thanks[/QUOTE]

I did in store pickup. It's bluray plus digital copy/ultraviolet.

[quote name='SonictheHedgehog1337']Wow I'm exchanging my t shirt version to save $7.[/QUOTE]

I learned my lesson with Madagascar 3 and the wig, to say the least I wasn't pleased with it but I will let anybody know while I'm in the store about this.

I went and got my copy yesterday. It rang up at $12.99. Then I used an upgrade and save coupon and I had a 5 reward cert. So I ended up paying $3.20 out the door for it. I watched it last night. It wasn't nearly as good as the first one but very watchable.

[quote name='chuckrock38']I went and got my copy yesterday. It rang up at $12.99. Then I used an upgrade and save coupon and I had a 5 reward cert. So I ended up paying $3.20 out the door for it. I watched it last night. It wasn't nearly as good as the first one but very watchable.[/QUOTE]

Thanks op, picked it for $7.99 after the u&s coupon without a problem.

Thank you OP. I would have missed this. I returned my Taken 2 T-shirt version that I bought for $14.99 and bought the standard version for $7.99. The shirt just wasn't worth $7 to me.

Then I went to starbucks and spent $7 on coffee. D'oh! :)

this was a sweet deal at only $2.99 thanks OP for the heads up. i probably wouldn't have bought it yet.

12.99 - $5 UGnS - $5 rewards cert. = 2.99

I was actually a fan of this movie, so this was a definite buy at this price. Thanks OP, my store had plenty in stock and rang up at the $12.99 price eventhough the shelf price was $24.99. Only problem was the hella long line at customer service.

I think dead now since Bestbuy site list it for $19.99 again. It was only a 2 day sale.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dredd should have been part of this sale......far better than Taken 2. Taken 2 was a movie that was made just to be made and the original Taken could have stood on it's on. Taken 3 is now in development :|

bread's done
Back