DEAD - (PC Download) GetGamesGO.com Aliens Colonial Marines

• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

#31 MrshllJcb

MrshllJcb

Drinkin High Life

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2013 - 03:52 PM

Someone just pointed out to me that Gearbox didn't have a thing to do with the entire singleplayer portion of the Aliens: Colonial Marines - they just worked on the multiplayer portion. It seems that Timegate Studios is responsible for that.

Funny that Timegate isn't even mentioned (that I saw) on the official site http://www.sega.com/...olonialmarines/ but if you go to Timegate Studios you'll see their name credited http://www.timegate.com/.

That all seems a bit misleading to me...

Edit: here's more: http://www.eurogamer...-studios-report

Ahhhh this is even worse!

#32 aus_nacht

aus_nacht

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2013 - 04:47 PM

"I am Jack's broken heart."
"Just a heads up: we're gonna have a superconductor turned up full blast and pointed at you for the duration of this next test. I'll be honest - we're throwing science at the wall here to see what sticks. No idea what it'll do. Probably nothing. Best-case scenario, you might get some superpowers. Worst case, some tumors, which we'll cut out. " - C. Johnson

#33 eulogywerd21

eulogywerd21

APPLAUSE

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2013 - 08:44 PM

Gearbox's name is on the box. They released it. There's no need in trying to deflect blame to some outsourced dev. The decisions made concerning the quality of ACM fall squarely on the shoulders of Gearbox, aka Randy Dickford. Considering the large amount of time/money that went into this failure, what does that mean for Gearbox? I mean, if it ends up not meeting sales estimates, will they be in trouble?

"I am Jack's broken heart."

I feel more like Jack's impacted colon, myself.

@iiiweaponiii

Do you have any issues running it on Win 7?
jkimrey: Do it man! It's a steam key - one place for all your games. Plus, you gotta catch 'em all.

#34 yantelope

yantelope

F.A.C.S Alumnus

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2013 - 10:18 PM

Posted Image

Posted Image

#35 dohdough

dohdough

Sum Dum Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2013 - 10:31 PM

Posted Image

Posted Image

:rofl:

#36 Kaiser499

Kaiser499

RPG Godfather

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2013 - 10:34 PM

Yeah, a lot of people aren't liking the game at all and trading it in a.s.a.p.

Hir7Lx6.gif

Check Out My Gaming Stream

Kaiser499.png

#37 mindcycle

mindcycle

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2013 - 10:40 PM

Has a score of 45 on metacritic right now, lol..

http://www.metacriti...olonial-marines

#38 LlamaNinja

LlamaNinja

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2013 - 10:47 PM

Introducing pacifist mode!!!
Posted Image

#39 HisDivineOrder

HisDivineOrder

Embrace the Dealness

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2013 - 12:00 AM

Why's it so hard to make a good Aliens game? I guess I'll just reinstall AvP 2010 or just watch the movies. Does anyone know where I can get AvP2?

Edit: Nevermind. Just bought a copy of AvP2 off an Amazon merchant for $6.

I think the answer is they were so busy making sure this area matched the movie and that area matched the movie, too busy taking Sega's money and using that money to make Borderlands better or make Duke Nukem Forever, they just didn't have time or funds to make Aliens an actually great game in addition to using the effects, music, and layouts from the Aliens movie.

That first trailer I saw was a dead giveaway this thing was going to suck. I can't wait to play it, but I remember when they did this with Duke Nukem Forever. I wound up overpaying for that game when I bought it.

I do kinda regret that whole $1 I spent on DNF at Amazon during its first EC coupon sale. I coulda spent that $1 on a soda. I might have to hold out on Aliens: CM until they price this at half that.

#40 dohdough

dohdough

Sum Dum Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2013 - 12:06 AM

I remember when the first AvP came out on PC...horde mode was fun as hell.

#41 sikboy1029

sikboy1029

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2013 - 01:55 AM

People, I hope you know the alien in that gif is a boiler. Like a witch in l4d, you're supposed to be silent & let them pass or they will kill you.

#42 etcrane

etcrane

Winter Is Coming

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2013 - 03:09 AM

People, I hope you know the alien in that gif is a boiler. Like a witch in l4d, you're supposed to be silent & let them pass or they will kill you.

Are you certain you aren't supposed to mate with it ... sexy walk

Posted Image

#43 downgrade

downgrade

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2013 - 08:13 PM

Doesn't look like the LV-426 discount code works anymore. Anybody know of any other codes in effect?

#44 tightclaws

tightclaws

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2013 - 08:25 PM

Doesn't look like the LV-426 discount code works anymore. Anybody know of any other codes in effect?

Don't bother the game asstastic.
Posted Image

#45 HisDivineOrder

HisDivineOrder

Embrace the Dealness

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2013 - 11:05 PM

Gearbox and Sega are doing you a favor not leaving this one on sale. They're trying to keep you safe. Heed the warning!

#46 Syntax Error

Syntax Error

Tortue d'Art

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 February 2013 - 01:14 AM

I haven't seen anyone complaining that it's not being shot. They're all too busy laughing at its terrible, terrible animations.