Free Ni no Kuni Guides for those who's WE orders got canceled

Woocls

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
Not my find:
[quote name='diazt350']Here's a link about namco's response
http://www.destructoid.com/namco-bandai-responds-to-ni-no-kuni-le-order-bungling-243211.phtml

Seems like everyone who had their ordered cancelled despite will be getting one I think this where all the amazon copies went too haha. It seems like play canada had ordered 220 copies during the pre order time last summer.[/QUOTE]
I just don't want anyone who hasn't ordered one to be stuck with a $50 copy they don't need.

[quote name='shivan128']is this guide sent to us automatically, or will we be submitting some kind of form to get this guide?[/QUOTE]
I'm afraid that'll be up to however Digital River decides to sort this mess out. Personally I'm not expecting to get anything from DR ever again. I'll be very happy when I have this in my hands but until then I'm not holding my breath.

[quote name='Woocls']I'm afraid that'll be up to however Digital River decides to sort this mess out. Personally I'm not expecting to get anything from DR ever again. I'll be very happy when I have this in my hands but until then I'm not holding my breath.[/QUOTE]
Supposedly DR will contact us in a few days. I have no problem calling them and yelling at them. I've done it a couple times a day up till now anyway. The squeaky wheel gets the grease and I got my Xbox 360 repaired out of warranty by doing it.

We are also working to ensure that a situation like this never happens again.

The only way to do that would be to drop Digital River's shitty asses.

It's nice to Namco finally acknowledge and even though I got my WE just fine (ironic, given how much I hate DR after my prior issues with them), I feel sorry for all the people who got screwed. The $20 credit that DR handed out was like pouring salt on a wound... I doubt anyone would want to shop with DR again after the WE fiasco. The guide is much better compensation, assuming DR doesn't fuck it up again.

[quote name='Blaster man']Supposedly DR will contact us in a few days. I have no problem calling them and yelling at them. I've done it a couple times a day up till now anyway. The squeaky wheel gets the grease and I got my Xbox 360 repaired out of warranty by doing it.[/QUOTE]
I hope you've been asking to speak to supervisors and aren't just yelling at the first-level CSRs who have absolutely nothing to do with the problem.

[quote name='TooPoor']Those resellers must be sipping champaign right about now. I see listing going as high as $500.[/QUOTE]
Namco basically came out and helped bumped the resale rate by confirming reprints are no longer possible. But those that they screwed can get a guide book with no game.

I'm having a hard time deciding if I should keep mines, after all it could help pay for my future PS4 or Xbox 720.

[quote name='simmias']I hope you've been asking to speak to supervisors and aren't just yelling at the first-level CSRs who have absolutely nothing to do with the problem.[/QUOTE]

Trust me, I'll get it. I got my car manufacturer to cover repair costs when I was over 130k miles. I'm cheap and if I think I shouldn't be paying for something (or am not getting something) I'll get it.

[quote name='punkmaggit']Lol this will be my third copy of the guide![/QUOTE]

This :/ Props to Namco for trying though. I'm ok with it since I got a WE anyway. At least it's something better than the shitty $20 coupon.

So this is only for people that ordered through Play Canada or somethin, right? Not me who ordered on Namco's site on the 17th?

[quote name='gldoorii']So this is only for people that ordered through Play Canada or somethin, right? Not me who ordered on Namco's site on the 17th?[/QUOTE]

No, playcannada is an ebay seller that some people are upset with because they ordered a shit ton of copies of the WE from Namco. Namco is just letting people know that they did not officially work with playcanada as playcanada apparently claimed.

This free guide offer is from Namco because of the cancellations.

Also screw some of these people mad at PlayCanada. They're resellers and ordered a ridiculous amount yes so be upset with them for that but remember you had every opportunity back in June to do the same thing, or at least get your one.

"$20 clubNamco voucher that has been offered to our affected fans"
?????
Did I miss something because I never got an email or nothing about $20 voucher. The only email I got was that my order was cancelled and I was fucked

[quote name='podunk320']"$20 clubNamco voucher that has been offered to our affected fans"
?????
Did I miss something because I never got an email or nothing about $20 voucher. The only email I got was that my order was cancelled and I was fucked[/QUOTE]

Most people's coupon email went to spam. Check there. Otherwise contact them.

I did the math for PlayCanada.

220 copies x 120ish a pop = 26,400

Assuming they sold each of those for about 300-350 they made 66,000 in profit.

That's an absurd amount of money if you ask me.

And yeah... This'll be my 3rd guide. Should've just given us the WE companion book.

[quote name='hairypeckpeck']I did the math for PlayCanada.

220 copies x 120ish a pop = 26,400

Assuming they sold each of those for about 300-350 they made 66,000 in profit.

That's an absurd amount of money if you ask me.

And yeah... This'll be my 3rd guide. Should've just given us the WE companion book.[/QUOTE]

They sold a lot of them for quite a bit less than that. Some of the earlier ones they were selling I'm wondering how they made much if any profit off of.

[quote name='ShockandAww']They sold a lot of them for quite a bit less than that. Some of the earlier ones they were selling I'm wondering how they made much if any profit off of.[/QUOTE]

I'm sure they did. But They're also selling some for 500 bucks on eBay which is why I averaged it. Not an exact number, but a rough ballpark.

And what the fuck are you supposed to be? Their PR rep?

[quote name='hairypeckpeck']Assuming they sold each of those for about 300-350 they made 66,000 in profit.[/QUOTE]

People are fucking insane to be paying that much for this. I see buyers remorse in a lot of people's futures.

[quote name='simmias']LOL, do it again.[/QUOTE]

Thanks. I didn't think to check his math, but yeah, they didn't make 66000 in profit.

[quote name='Youngnoble']Your forgetting the import tax they have to pay. There based in Canada. Some people got charged $55 for that alone on 1 copy.[/QUOTE]
That, and he forgot to take into account that they didn't get them for free.

And then of course there's eBay fees, PayPal fees, shipping costs... not to mention the chargebacks and fraud from entitled douchebags who will rip him off.

[quote name='ShockandAww']Most people's coupon email went to spam. Check there. Otherwise contact them.[/QUOTE]

hes right i just checked the email went into my spam, if i had seen it i wouldve logged on here on the 23rd and reordered from the backdoor link

i already ordered the guide from amazon but if i actually get this free copy ill sell it for a profit or just return it to amazon

[quote name='snakeinthegrass']So much for those of us hoping the guide would be a rarity :p[/QUOTE]

This type of mentality is insane to me. It's rampant on this site too. I understand that as someone who is a "collector" you want items to be rare, but this type of stuff should be bought to be enjoyed. I like getting collector's editions, but so that I can display the items (or in the case of a guide or any book, read it.) I would also prefer that other people get to enjoy an item rather than be one of few who owns anything.

Would be nice to get a free guide to go with my $80 WE (my original 2 orders were cancelled so I got a $20 code). At least the big screw up worked out somewhat in my favor.

[quote name='zappa103']This type of mentality is insane to me. It's rampant on this site too. I understand that as someone who is a "collector" you want items to be rare, but this type of stuff should be bought to be enjoyed. I like getting collector's editions, but so that I can display the items (or in the case of a guide or any book, read it.) I would also prefer that other people get to enjoy an item rather than be one of few who owns anything.[/QUOTE]

It wouldn't be billed as a collector's edition or limited if there wasn't an expectation of rarity attached to it. Sure LE and CE is thrown around a lot these days, but often CEs from Japanese publishers care rare. I don't know about CE guides, but look at P4 Solid Gold, Dark Souls, Demon Souls. People are used to western CEs not being rare or not holding any value, but when a Japanese developer or publisher says something is limited people take it more seriously and expect some rarity for their purchase investment. I have no idea about the CE guide though since I never wanted one.

Folks really need to get off the PlayCanada Hatewagon.

This whole thing is a Digital River & Namco Bandai cock-up and nothing more.

Gotta focus the blame, not spray it around.

is there an actual link to Namco site where this is mentioned?

I really think a familiar plushie and the book would be much better than the guide. I already have two copies and expect those that wanted a guide already have one or will have one. Those that didn't want the guide are more likely to not care or be pissed that the guide will be free when they just wanted swag with their game.

[quote name='htz']

I'm having a hard time deciding if I should keep mines, after all it could help pay for my future PS4 or Xbox 720.[/QUOTE]

I'm kinda in the same boat. I sold my PS3 a month or so ago (forgetting that I preordered the WE, last year)

I might sell my WE, so I can buy another PS3 and the regular edition of the game with the money.

I am confused why everyone thinks we should get the book?

That would only piss off everyone who bought the Wizard Edition. Why the hell would Namco do that? Plus giving them would basically admit they can get more manufactured or else why would they have these books to give away.

If they allowed those affected to order the plushie and book for say $20 or so I'd take that. Free is asking for too much from Namco. not that I dont want it, but I'm surprised they are willing to give out the extra stock of guides they are hoarding.

[quote name='V4oLDbOY']It wouldn't be billed as a collector's edition or limited if there wasn't an expectation of rarity attached to it. Sure LE and CE is thrown around a lot these days, but often CEs from Japanese publishers care rare. I don't know about CE guides, but look at P4 Solid Gold, Dark Souls, Demon Souls. People are used to western CEs not being rare or not holding any value, but when a Japanese developer or publisher says something is limited people take it more seriously and expect some rarity for their purchase investment. I have no idea about the CE guide though since I never wanted one.[/QUOTE]

As a 28 year old gamer, playing since I was 5, I can honestly say the only reasonable "investment" that I've ever made in a video game was getting Earthbound and keeping the box and guide. Maybe my Nintendo Power complete collection I sold recently. But seriously if people want to make an investment, video gaming is not the place to do it.

[quote name='zappa103']As a 28 year old gamer, playing since I was 5, I can honestly say the only reasonable "investment" that I've ever made in a video game was getting Earthbound and keeping the box and guide. Maybe my Nintendo Power complete collection I sold recently. But seriously if people want to make an investment, video gaming is not the place to do it.[/QUOTE]

Not sure why you would say that.
Look at games like Final Fantasy X or Final Fantasy VII. If you have those games sealed, they can get you quite a bit of cash.

Granted, it won't bring you thousands of dollars overnight and make you incredulously rich. But it's not a bad investment if you're strapped for cash and can't invest via stock market/property/land/etc.

Whoa whoa whoa.. whats going on? Were some orders canceled? I put my order in quite a while back, shortly after they started taking them and were doing the club namco bonus stuff. How can i check if im getting my order or not still? I hadn't heard anything about this, im gonna be fucking livid if my order got canceled for some reason.

How can i check on this/whats going on? I dont give a shit about a strat guide if i dont get my LE. It sounds like some people may have ordered from some ebay scam guy or something along those lines

[quote name='kyrhon']Not sure why you would say that.
Look at games like Final Fantasy X or Final Fantasy VII. If you have those games sealed, they can get you quite a bit of cash.

Granted, it won't bring you thousands of dollars overnight and make you incredulously rich. But it's not a bad investment if you're strapped for cash and can't invest via stock market/property/land/etc.[/QUOTE]

Well then have I got a deal for you!!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Final-Fanta...0940?pt=Video_Games_Games&hash=item2c6b97a38c

VII can pull 75-150 sealed, which came out 16 years ago and cost $50 new for the collector. I'm just saying that when people say they are playing one and keeping one sealed, they might be better off right now on ebay

[quote name='Kenshindono']Whoa whoa whoa.. whats going on? Were some orders canceled? I put my order in quite a while back, shortly after they started taking them and were doing the club namco bonus stuff. How can i check if im getting my order or not still? I hadn't heard anything about this, im gonna be fucking livid if my order got canceled for some reason.

How can i check on this/whats going on? I dont give a shit about a strat guide if i dont get my LE. It sounds like some people may have ordered from some ebay scam guy or something along those lines[/QUOTE]

check your inbox/spam folder to see if you received a cancellation email

[quote name='Kenshindono']Whoa whoa whoa.. whats going on? Were some orders canceled? I put my order in quite a while back, shortly after they started taking them and were doing the club namco bonus stuff. How can i check if im getting my order or not still? I hadn't heard anything about this, im gonna be fucking livid if my order got canceled for some reason.

How can i check on this/whats going on? I dont give a shit about a strat guide if i dont get my LE. It sounds like some people may have ordered from some ebay scam guy or something along those lines[/QUOTE]
Don't rely on CAG. Check your email including the spam folder. Check the payment method you used on the order.

Then research from there.

bread's done
Back