Buy 12 Month PS+ Sub on PSN for $49.99, Get 3 Bonus Months Until 3/5/13

• Please log in to reply
199 replies to this topic

#31 Ionotropic

Ionotropic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2013 - 01:20 PM

Would this deal stack on an existing Plus subscription?

#32 ynocturnal

ynocturnal

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2013 - 01:22 PM

Would this deal stack on an existing Plus subscription?

did for me

#33 Chadt74

Chadt74

CAGoholic

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2013 - 01:22 PM

Where can you see how long your PS+ sub is valid for?

Thanks.

#34 Youngnoble

Youngnoble

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2013 - 01:24 PM

CONFIRMATION: I tested it out, my 1 year PS+ card redeemed 15 months. Took a pic before and after to make sure it added the right amount of months.

Great I still have a few cards from the target sale last year.

#35 ruibing

ruibing

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2013 - 01:26 PM

CONFIRMATION: I tested it out, my 1 year PS+ card redeemed 15 months. Took a pic before and after to make sure it added the right amount of months.

Did you use the web or PS3 store to make the purchase?

I know how to check my subscription service expiration date on the PS3, but I can't figure out how to check it on the web.
Posted Image

#36 ynocturnal

ynocturnal

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2013 - 01:30 PM

Great I still have a few cards from the target sale last year.

same here, don't know if I should redeem them all or save some for another offer.

Did you use the web or PS3 store to make the purchase?

I know how to check my subscription service expiration date on the PS3, but I can't figure out how to check it on the web.

PS3 store - couldn't figure how to check on the web either, i'm guessing you can't yet.

#37 Jackovasaurus

Jackovasaurus

And ya say Chi-City

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2013 - 02:01 PM

Where can you see how long your PS+ sub is valid for?

Thanks.

I believe it should be under account on the Seo website.

#38 cancerman1120

cancerman1120

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2013 - 02:23 PM

Well I was not sure if I was going to renew in June after getting one of those E3 vouchers for $30 (should have bought 2) but another 15 months of games for $50 seems good. Basically $3.20/month for 25 months is a good deal since I think I have gotten access to about 45 games right now and they will just keep adding on. Not worried about PS4 since I won't be early adopting as of now.

#39 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2013 - 02:53 PM

same here, don't know if I should redeem them all or save some for another offer.

PS3 store - couldn't figure how to check on the web either, i'm guessing you can't yet.

https://account.sony...=1&filter=games

The easiest way is to go to your download list of games and find the latest PS+ game you got to see the expiration date on it.

You read it. You can't unread it.

Horror Chicken: F.E.A.R. and Resident Evil 4

PSN/XBL: CrashSpyro | Steam: CrashTanuki | Wii U: FriendlyTanuki

#40 pholly

pholly

Best In The World

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2013 - 03:11 PM

Does this work on 12 month PP cards or is only for people who buy from PSN? I have one I bought a while back I haven't redeemed yet and it would be nice to get an extra 3 months :)

#41 Palinn

Palinn

Skip the odds.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2013 - 03:23 PM

The easiest way is to go to your download list of games and find the latest PS+ game you got to see the expiration date on it.

Purchase history from the drop down list under your account name shows the date as well. Looks like it sends you to the same list as your link does unless that is how you got there?

#42 Tendoboy

Tendoboy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2013 - 03:26 PM

Tempting...I just used my free month from my GoW Saga so I could grab LBP Karting for $10 and Knights for $2.50....15 months of some free games sounds awesome also...

Yeah, until your not a member anymore and you lose the games...

#43 TaylorM06

TaylorM06

Posted 26 January 2013 - 03:29 PM

That's only for free games. All free games you lose after your membership expires, all games you buy at a discount, you get to keep.
<p>194619.pngRecently finished: Battlefield 4, GTA5, Splinter Cell Blacklist, The Last of Us, Army of Two: Devil's Cartel

#44 cancerman1120

cancerman1120

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2013 - 03:37 PM

I am not sure why this is an issue. Like I said 45 games since June. In a year less than $1 a game. You plan on willing them to your children? Play them, have fun, move on to the next game. I was a skeptic at first but now I know it is the best deal for games.
Posted Image

#45 Youngnoble

Youngnoble

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2013 - 03:42 PM

The promo they ran on music unlimited alone made my ps+ worth it.

#46 ruibing

ruibing

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2013 - 03:48 PM

The expiration date for games that will expire with plus is shown under Media -> Games.
After I purchased the one-year subscription from OP's link to the webstore, I refreshed the page and the expiration date for all those games were updated to reflect the extra 15 months.
Posted Image

#47 Halo05

Halo05

Posted 26 January 2013 - 04:29 PM

Thanks for the experiment. I'll have to get one of the cards sometime soon.

As many of you know, black ops 2 is plaid with bugs, lag etc which many people have been suffering including me.

plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid

#48 GatorBeerGeek

GatorBeerGeek

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2013 - 04:36 PM

I had already decided last night I was going to finally join plus today because my oldest son is such a LBP fan and I was going to get LBP Karting for him. I had played the online demo for Machinarium and I wanted to get that for myself as well.

Getting 3 months free is just icing on the cake. Now I just need to do some demos of a couple of the other 13 for 13 games to decide if I want to spend the 7.50 left in my wallet :)

GatorBeerGeek.png

#49 mitch079

mitch079

Microsoft, trollin' like Doink on Crush.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2013 - 04:54 PM

Great deal. I'm good for about 18 months or so but may still grab a card. The biggest pain in the ass is having to re-queue all your downloads to update the expiration date. When you've been a member from the start, that's a lot of games and stuff. And if you have stuff on two systems, that's twice the fun.

default.png2.png

#50 Havok83

Havok83

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2013 - 04:57 PM

great deal. I'm good for about 18 months or so but may still grab a card. The biggest pain in the ass is having to re-queue all your downloads to update the expiration date. When you've been a member from the start, that's a lot of games and stuff. And if you have stuff on two systems, that's twice the fun.

??? What?
Posted Image

#51 JohnnyS5

JohnnyS5

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2013 - 05:08 PM

Great deal. I'm good for about 18 months or so but may still grab a card. The biggest pain in the ass is having to re-queue all your downloads to update the expiration date. When you've been a member from the start, that's a lot of games and stuff. And if you have stuff on two systems, that's twice the fun.

That's not true at all. You simply launch the game that's expired, and it'll automatically renew and give you a new expiration date.
Posted Image

#52 TheCollegeGamer

TheCollegeGamer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2013 - 05:12 PM

Okay, so I used the $50 GC I got with my Black Ops bundle from BB to buy a PSN card the past week. I haven't redeemed it yet. Will I still get the 3 free months if I redeem it on my PS3 console or do I have to redeem it online or does it not matter because I didn't buy it from the Playstation store? I'm a bit confused.

#53 highoffcoffee496

highoffcoffee496

I gotta believe!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2013 - 05:13 PM

YAY THANK YOU!!! :bouncy: Will be doing the same thing shortly
(\__/)
(='.'=)
This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
(")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.

Posted Image

#54 blume3

blume3

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2013 - 05:13 PM

might be interested. I really wanted 12 months for cheaper, not an additional 3 months. especially since we don't know what plus will be like in 12 months.

2ibzq5d.jpg

#55 ynocturnal

ynocturnal

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2013 - 05:17 PM

The expiration date for games that will expire with plus is shown under Media -> Games.
After I purchased the one-year subscription from OP's link to the webstore, I refreshed the page and the expiration date for all those games were updated to reflect the extra 15 months.

Easy to check and redeem on the webstore, but you will still need to cancel auto renew for PS+ and I can only figure how to do that on the PS Store.

??? What?

ex. PS+ free games "purchase" date from previous months resets to the day you renew, today for me. So ALL my FREE games have reset as purchased 1/26/13 and therefore ALL appear on the top of the download list (games from months ago).

#56 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2013 - 05:19 PM

That is exactly what the link goes to, though you'd have to go a bit deeper if your last PS+ game wasn't recent.

Purchase history from the drop down list under your account name shows the date as well. Looks like it sends you to the same list as your link does unless that is how you got there?

Transaction History doesn't show it unless I'm missing the specific spot where it's at. The download list that I linked to is where you can find it.

You read it. You can't unread it.

Horror Chicken: F.E.A.R. and Resident Evil 4

PSN/XBL: CrashSpyro | Steam: CrashTanuki | Wii U: FriendlyTanuki

#57 zzamaro

zzamaro

Posted 26 January 2013 - 05:20 PM

I don't see why it shouldn't work with retail cards. I used one back in March 2011 when this deal was live with a retail card from GameStop, and I got all the 15 months.
[This signature was deleted at the request of the La-Li-Lu-Le-Lo.]

#58 cancerman1120

cancerman1120

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2013 - 05:22 PM

might be interested. I really wanted 12 months for cheaper, not an additional 3 months. especially since we don't know what plus will be like in 12 months.

We don't know what it will be like in 3 months. Either way you are getting 12 months cheaper. Essentially this is 12 months for $40. Yeah you pay $50 but that is the per month cost.

#59 cancerman1120

cancerman1120

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2013 - 05:23 PM

ex. PS+ free games "purchase" date from previous months resets to the day you renew, today for me. So ALL my FREE games have reset as purchased 1/26/13 and therefore ALL appear on the top of the download list (games from months ago).

Is that only if you let your sub expire and then renew?

#60 GatorBeerGeek

GatorBeerGeek

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2013 - 05:23 PM

Okay, so I used the $50 GC I got with my Black Ops bundle from BB to buy a PSN card the past week. I haven't redeemed it yet. Will I still get the 3 free months if I redeem it on my PS3 console or do I have to redeem it online or does it not matter because I didn't buy it from the Playstation store? I'm a bit confused.

If it is just a $50 PSN card enter the code from the back in the redeem a code option at the bottom of the list on the left in the store from your PS3. That should put $50 in your PSN wallet. Use that to buy a year subscription to plus for 49.99 and you should be good. I just did that this morning.

Based on other reports it appears that a PSN Plus specific code gives you the 15 months as well so if it is that you have, it should work too.

I was worried that I would have to enter a credit card, but it does not appear you have to. It just gives you a heads up that it will take money from your wallet to pay for it when it expires.

GatorBeerGeek.png