J7.

Posted 26 January 2013 - 08:18 AM

Should I buy:

Resident Evil 2 for minimum $15 used on disc for PS1
& Resident Evil 3 for ~15 used on disc for PS1
OR should I buy:
RE 2 on PSN for $6
& RE 3 on PSN for $6.
My concern is Price & I want whatever is going to last me the longest so I do not have to purchase them ever again. So the discs lasting vs Sony either eventually not supporting PS3 free redownloads or stopping making videogames/going out of business.

#2 SereneStream

SereneStream

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2013 - 09:45 AM

unless you want a physical copy of these games, i would say just purchase the digital downloads.

-its clearly cheaper
-redownloading will always be free considering that you paid for the games
-i highly doubt there will be even the slightest chance that Sony will stop making video games or that they will go out of business.

#3 Zombiekillz9

Zombiekillz9

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2013 - 10:12 AM

I say go digital- Just as Serenestream said. its obviously going to be easier and cheaper and on top of that you wont have to play the tag game trying to track down the disc whether it be in second hand store or online- save some time and enjoy gaming right now instead. Redownload won't go away, neither will sony
Posted Image

"The spell is nearly complete! The demon king returns!" - Ghirahim, Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword, 2011 :applause:

#4 kit352

kit352

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2013 - 11:57 PM

Id go for the hard copy personally. Its nice to have the actual disk and manuals. I only get digital if i have no choice and a hard copy either doesnt exist or is crazy money.

#5 J7.

J7.

Posted 27 January 2013 - 06:02 AM

I'm edging toward the hard copies right now as long as the discs will last another 10-20 years. I just hate to spend more than double if the discs don't last. But then you gotta ask yourself when will RE 2 and 3 end up on some compilation. I believe Sony may not support free redownloads for the generation that comes after PS4 because everything will be in the cloud then or that Sony could go out of business by then.