Sony's "Register a Vita and Get $20 Promotion" - Info Only, No Referral Spam

gamingcity

CAGiversary!
Feedback
31 (100%)
NOTE - This thread was created to serve as an information repository and discussion about the program because other users couldn't keep their referral spam in Referral Central.

DO NOT POST YOUR REFERRAL ID OR REQUEST A REFERRAL IN THIS THREAD!

Sony recently launched a promotion (US only) where members of the Sony Rewards program can refer friends and family to the PS Vita. Any PS Vita purchased AND registered rewards both the referrer and the referee with $20 in PSN credit.

Referrers can earn a MAXIMUM of $200 in PSN credit.

Whoever refers the most confirmed buyers by the end of Feb 2013 will also win $10,000 in Sony Rewards Points.

PS Vita Referral Program Signup and Info:
http://www.urefer.com/sonyvita/

PS Vita Referral Acceptance Page:
http://www.urefer.com/accept_consumer.php?oid=1831

Sony Rewards Info:
http://www.sonyrewards.com

To MAKE Referrals:
1) You must have received the email from Sony Rewards.
2) Sign up at the Signup link. (If you didn't get the email, signup will fail. It is tied to your PSN ID).
3) Give your referral ID out to friends/family. DO NOT POST IT IN THIS THREAD!
4) Make sure your referral creates a PSN account.
5) Make sure your referral enters their email, PSN ID, and Vita serial number at the acceptance site.

If everything was done correctly, you will each receive a $20 PSN code. There is a maximum limit of $200 (10 codes) in PSN credit per referral account. Any referrals past that will only count towards the grand prize competition.

To ACCEPT a Referral:
1) Get someone's referral ID.
2) Go to the acceptance site linked above.
3) Register with your email, PSN ID, and Vita serial number.

If everything was done correctly, you will each receive a $20 PSN code. You can only get ONE $20 code per Vita serial number.

the only question is how to enter the serial number...i put in random 10 (or was it 11) digits and they always go through. and if i use the vita's s.n it lacks a digit or something and it won't go through...so i probably don't have a valid s/n registered

[quote name='djricekcn']the only question is how to enter the serial number...i put in random 10 (or was it 11) digits and they always go through. and if i use the vita's s.n it lacks a digit or something and it won't go through...so i probably don't have a valid s/n registered[/QUOTE]

You need to use the "Serial Number for Registration."

This is an 11 digit letter/number combo that is printed on the sticker on the side of the Vita box. It is also on the Vita to the LEFT of the model number.

You should see it in the following format: XX123456789-PCH1001

XX123456789 is your serial number.
PCH1001 is the model number for a US Vita.

The "SERIAL No." sticker on the right side of the Vita is a shortened version of this number.

Adding random numbers or letters (as recommended in the referral spam thread) will only result in an INVALID registration.

Neither party will get the $20 PSN code as the serial number will fail the check. And since there is a limit of one Vita registration per referee, registering a made up serial number may very well prevent you from re-registering the actual serial number.

Hope this helps.

[quote name='gamingcity']You need to use the "Serial Number for Registration."

This is an 11 digit letter/number combo that is printed on the sticker on the side of the Vita box. It is also on the Vita to the LEFT of the model number.

The "SERIAL No." sticker on the right side of the Vita is a shortened version of this number.

Adding random numbers or letters (as recommended in the referral spam thread) will only result in an INVALID registration.

Neither party will get the $20 PSN code as the serial number will fail the check. And since there is a limit of one Vita registration per referee, registering a made up serial number may very well prevent you from re-registering the actual serial number.

Hope this helps.[/QUOTE]
Your post is really helpful. I also suggested the "Serial # for Reg." is the correct one. If you eliminate the DC4 the "Serial # for Reg." is a shortened version of the "Serial No." for the Vita (I confirmed it with my own Vita). The issue right now is that the form on the website will only take 10 digits(Random or Legit) which is either a glitch or Sony did it to deny our claims later on.

[quote name='gamingcity']You need to use the "Serial Number for Registration."

Hope this helps.[/QUOTE]

that doesn't work for me, i have 3 vitas, all comes back as not a serial number

Your PS Vita Information:

Your serial number appears to be invalid. Please check your number and try again.

Does anyone know if you have to a Sony Card owner to receive the email? I've had a SonyRewards account for a while now but haven't gotten an email...

Sony reallly needs to fix / clarify what to do...cause it's not working properly for me and seems like a lot of others...i mean, we're guessing adding an extra digit = going through..but it may very not be,.

I posted this in the old referral spam thread, but didn't get to check the replies before it got deleted (?).

My serial # was accepted, I was just wondering what sort of 'delivery' they meant. Physical or digital? Anyone got any ideas?

I got an email after submitting my serial number and it states "you may qualify for a $20 PSN giftcard." The way it's worded doesn't sound 100%.

Well I sent a couple referrals and everyone I sent them to are all having issues entering the serial number. Hopefully they get it fixed soon.

[quote name='chaosking121']I posted this in the old referral spam thread, but didn't get to check the replies before it got deleted (?).

My serial # was accepted, I was just wondering what sort of 'delivery' they meant. Physical or digital? Anyone got any ideas?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='dyne']I got an email after submitting my serial number and it states "you may qualify for a $20 PSN giftcard." The way it's worded doesn't sound 100%.[/QUOTE]

What number did you guys use?

I sent out a bunch of links to some friends who didn't get into the promotion. They all signed up and I guess we're getting $20 PSN cards sent in the mail? It says "Please allow 4 to 6 weeks for delivery" but I guess that doesn't necessarily mean they're going to our home addresses.

The site isn't letting me check my account summary though, it just loads to a blank page. Not sure what that's about.

anybody want to help me get one?

just send me a PM

I can send referrals by the way.

EDIT: already did it. thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='djricekcn']that doesn't work for me, i have 3 vitas, all comes back as not a serial number

Your PS Vita Information:

Your serial number appears to be invalid. Please check your number and try again.[/QUOTE]

Try leaving off the letters and just input the numbers.

do people who are able to send referral requests get to see how many valid/complete entries they have accumulated, and from whom?

[quote name='hellmutt']do people who are able to send referral requests get to see how many valid/complete entries they have accumulated, and from whom?[/QUOTE]

i can finally check my account status as of today. i have a big list of people who used my referral. 10 random ones say accepted the others say pending.

I just received 2 emails from Sony that gave me two $20 PSN credit codes for registering my PS Vita.

I believe it's from this thread though I'm not sure.
I only have one PS Vita that I registered....but I have no clue where else this credit would have come from.

Did anyone else get an email?

I added the funds and the $40 is now in there.
Pretty damn happy!

It says it is good until 5/10.

If you would like a referral code, please check under Referral Central.

Keep this thread to information about the promo.

I used someone's link to register my vita so they could get the $20 and so I could as well. Not sure if/when I'll get mine.

I can still refer people even if I was referred myself, right?

I got the email too with the code, but I'm EU and seems that it works only on US accounts X3 So... I would sell it for a cheap price through paypal if anyone is interested

EDIT: already gave away :3

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='XRey360']I got the email too with the code, but I'm EU and seems that it works only on US accounts X3 So... I would sell it for a cheap price through paypal if anyone is interested[/QUOTE]

How much? $5?

[quote name='XRey360']I got the email too with the code, but I'm EU and seems that it works only on US accounts X3 So... I would sell it for a cheap price through paypal if anyone is interested[/QUOTE]
i start with 10 euros

to anybody who HAS gotten then emails with the PSN code,what's the name of the email??? i'm checking to see if it's in my junk Folder or not and what it would be under.
EDIT: turns out i might not get mine because the barcode/info i put it they have not even found. oh well,it's not a big loss sense it's only 20 bucks.

Yeah, I've had a success-pending since January 31st or so, and no dice for me. I also haven't seen any from the referral I completed for someone else. Oh well.

even know that is has been a few months but i want to know if anybody has gotten their credit yet? i mean i sign up for it the day i got my $20.00 psn code on april 16 but has anybody gotten theirs yet please let me know thanks regards - Tristan W

it has been exactly 1 year since the last pay out of psn codes for some users like me who got it on 4/16/13 instead of 6/28/13 - 6/30/13 but has anybody gotten their codes yet i tweeted on  amplifinity's twitter this morning they have not responded yet i just wanted to know if anybody got their codes - Tristan W

it has been exactly 1 year since the last pay out of psn codes for some users like me who got it on 4/16/13 instead of 6/28/13 - 6/30/13 but has anybody gotten their codes yet i tweeted on amplifinity's twitter this morning they have not responded yet i just wanted to know if anybody got their codes - Tristan W
I got all mine and I don't even have a Vita. 8 codes in all.

bread's done
Back