Zelda Skyward Sword $19.99 at all Targets until 2/2

• Please log in to reply
80 replies to this topic

#31 coldwine

coldwine

Holy Ghost!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 January 2013 - 06:31 PM

Playing this now and having a blast - yeah the motion controls can be a hindrence some of the time, but overall an excellent game.

#32 Nesboy43

Nesboy43

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 January 2013 - 06:44 PM

I had the pleasure of attending both E3 2010 and 2011 as part of my University Computer Science club. Zelda and Sonic are both my favorite video game series. I heard that a Zelda was supposed to be announced at E3 but when I walked into the South Hall I saw a new Zelda, Kirby, Goldeneye, and Donkey Kong Country. As a long time Nintendo fan it was mind blowing to play these games before I had even heard of any announcement.

Both times I played Zelda I really didn't enjoy it too much. In 2011 I even waited over an hour to play the newer demo to give it a second chance. The more I read about the game the less I wanted to play it. It seemed like it was going to be a Zelda game that focused on story instead of gameplay. After Twilight Princess came out Miyamoto said the next Zelda would be completely different and reinvented, however this was clearly not true. The Wii U Zelda is claiming the same thing.

It really pained me to see what direction they took the Zelda series, the character designs, too much dialogue, lack of overworld, and forcing directions on the player all seemed like they were taking a huge step back from a formula that already worked well. I wasn't just not going to buy the game, I was angry about it and had legitimate concerns but everyone said I was a "troll" and that it was Game Of The Year (before the game had even come out).

Fast forward to early January 2013 and I am feeling less cynical and polarized about the whole thing. Kmart had it for 20$ with the Music CD, I bought it and have to say that while it is far from the best Zelda game it is still a high quality game and is easily worth 50$. It is a lot of fun even though there are some annoyances involved. I should have just bought it day 1 and enjoyed it instead of being so negative about the whole thing. Now it seems like people are finally understanding the flaws the game does have though. If you own a Wii, are a Zelda fan and don't have SS, buy it.

#33 highoffcoffee496

highoffcoffee496

I gotta believe!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 January 2013 - 07:06 PM

Just picked this up. Keeping it sealed in hopes it will one day be worth something
(\__/)
(='.'=)
This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
(")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.

Posted Image

#34 Duke Silver

Duke Silver

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 January 2013 - 07:21 PM

I always want to get this, but then realize that I'd have to get a motion plus. Aren't they like $15?

#35 gatordeve86

gatordeve86

CAG Master

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 January 2013 - 07:23 PM

when did they extend this? i went last night right before close and sign said ended 1/26

#36 The Lord of Awesome

The Lord of Awesome

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 January 2013 - 07:35 PM

This is coming from a hardcore Zelda fanboy.

No lefty flip
Felt like the most linear Zelda ever
That stupid hub thing they used in the DS Zeldas (going from point a, to b, back to a, to c, etc does not entertain me)
Not having the traditional 8 or more dungeons (They're my favorite part about Zelda so yeah)
The soundtrack is pretty much forgettable
Backtracking
Gimping the enemies to fit the motion plus gimmick (Had it just been bosses and big enemies that don't show up much I wouldn't of complained, but when they give it to bokoblins and litter the place with them it becomes irritating.)

Had it not been for Groose being awesome I would of hated Skyword Sword more.

But still, people might like it. Especially compared to the 4-8 hour games that litter the industry today. The lack of a lefty flip might of effected the controls and cause me to not really like it as much as I could of if I was right handed.

This game is in the same area Wind Waker was, it's either you like it or you hate it as a Zelda game. So yeah. $20 bucks is worth a gamble just cause it's Zelda.

Edited by The Lord of Awesome, 27 January 2013 - 08:06 PM.

#37 strait edge follower

strait edge follower

Cult of personality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 January 2013 - 07:43 PM

the fact that you need to spend extra money on motion plus to play this game if you dont have it is awfull. motion plus makes the wiimote what it should have been from the start smh
Currently playing
:ps3: Shadows of the damned, assassins creed 3
:360: final fantasy 13, gta 4: complete, dishonored
:3ds: nothing
:psp: ps all stars battle royale

Games recently beaten
:psp: assassins creed: liberation (best portible open world game ever dispite problems) :applause:
:360: Kane and lynch 2: dog days (meh game for 5$) :cold:
Games remaining in backlog: 8

#38 FloodyFloats

FloodyFloats

Posted 27 January 2013 - 07:55 PM

Whats this lefty flip all about?
Im left handed so im curious.

#39 The Lord of Awesome

The Lord of Awesome

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 January 2013 - 07:59 PM

Whats this lefty flip all about?
Im left handed so im curious.

They made Link right handed and didn't provide a lefty flip. So Link uses his right hand the entire game and you can't switch it. So it feel really weird cause of the motion plus stuff that the game is based on.

#40 JaylisJayP

JaylisJayP

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 January 2013 - 08:05 PM

Game was a huge letdown for me.

#41 Deader2818

Deader2818

Flipadelphia!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 January 2013 - 08:08 PM

game was great. I really enjoyed it. Wish I would have gotten the collectors edition when it came out.

#42 FloodyFloats

FloodyFloats

Posted 27 January 2013 - 08:12 PM

They made Link right handed and didn't provide a lefty flip. So Link uses his right hand the entire game and you can't switch it. So it feel really weird.

Ah alright well I played zelda TP with the wiimote on my left and nunchuk on the right. But i heard this one is more sensitive because of the wii plus.

#43 The Questyen

The Questyen

formerly gothamcentral79

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 January 2013 - 10:51 PM

I picked up the last copy at the Target closest to me today. They had it in two spots. One spot marked as $19.99 was empty and another spot still marked at $49.99 where I got my copy. Got the version with the music cd.

Edited by gothamcentral79, 27 January 2013 - 11:15 PM.

Currently Playing: inFamous: Second Son (PS4)  -  Dead Nation (PS4)

Recently Finished: Uncharted 3 (PS3) / B+ - South Park: The Stick of Truth / B+ (PS3)

#44 acdcrocks1980

acdcrocks1980

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2013 - 01:01 AM

anyone have a way to see which stores have this in stock on target.com?

#45 ParanoidCitizen

ParanoidCitizen

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2013 - 01:46 AM

anyone have a way to see which stores have this in stock on target.com?

http://www.target.co...m=skyward sword

Hit the find in store button and put your zip in.
Posted Image

#46 djricekcn

djricekcn

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2013 - 01:52 AM

how can i tell if it's the one with cd or not

#47 moopher

moopher

Electric Pizza

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2013 - 01:55 AM

how can i tell if it's the one with cd or not

There should be a little label printed directly on the cover in the upper left-hand corner that indicates it.

#48 moothemagiccow

moothemagiccow

Tall buildings shake

• Silenced

Posted 28 January 2013 - 01:56 AM

This game suuuuucks btw

#49 zeromill

zeromill

Posted 28 January 2013 - 03:16 AM

I figure $19.99 isn't bad for a Zelda. If you are a fan of the series why not have a copy of all of them - good or bad. However, the fact my wife got the wii plus controller way back made it an easier choice for me.
My target didn't have them in the normal area but on a couple of endcaps. The one with the sell price only had one copy but the other had about 6 and they do have the 25th anniversary soundtrack cd. Listening to that now.

#50 skateraXVIII

skateraXVIII

A Muthaf***ing Bunny

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2013 - 03:49 AM

I actually went to best buy to pm and they refused.... Even offered to buy it at target, bring in my receipt, and buy it at best buy, to return my other copy to target... Obviously best buy doesn't want my money... Spend hundreds of $'s there each year.... Definitely will not be back in the store in my town...

STFU. God damn, it's not like you're the only person on this planet who spends money there. I guarantee you will shop at that particular store sometime in the future. No need for hollow threats. So they didn't PM, big deal. :-({|=

"Put some hot sauce on my burrito baby!"
adf.jpg

#51 Mafoofoo

Mafoofoo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2013 - 03:53 AM

Sold out in San Dimas. :/

#52 HyperG

HyperG

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2013 - 04:29 AM

9.99 was the better deal at Sears. Of course, game requires motion plus, which I don't have since my Wii has been sitting in a bin since about 2010/or 2011.
www.GamersVlog.com - Enter for game giveaways.

#53 acdcrocks1980

acdcrocks1980

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2013 - 04:32 AM

http://www.target.co...m=skyward sword

Hit the find in store button and put your zip in.

Ahh nice. For some reason I thought it had to be the cd bundle and didn't see the bundle on targets website.

#54 forteblast

forteblast

has 99 problems

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2013 - 03:03 PM

Sold out in San Dimas. :/

Sin Dimas high school football RULES!

...had to.

#55 deftoast

deftoast

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2013 - 08:07 PM

Thanks OP! Got a copy today...had a 'temporary price cut' tag in front of the display.

#56 usickenme

usickenme

I'm the a-hole

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2013 - 09:32 PM

another "picked up the last copy" here. Thanks OP. Twilight Princess was the last game I bought (new) for GC and it looks like Skyward Sword will be the same for Wii

#57 UndyingForce

UndyingForce

The Host with the Most

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2013 - 02:36 AM

West Dundee IL location had several. All with the CD. First Zelda game for me. Will start this after the new fire emblem is out. Thanks OP.
3DS Friend code: 1848-2470-1258

Sell/Trade List:
Guides: Metroid Zero Mission, Rogue Squadron, Eternal Darkness, F-Zero GX, SoulCalibur II (BradyGames)

PIN #s for Club Nintendo: Mario Kart DS

#58 sultangaming

sultangaming

Posted 29 January 2013 - 07:35 PM

I got the last copy at the Littleton, CO Target apparently. It did NOT come with the soundtrack. Still a steal in my opinion. :)

Firepowerr.png

#59 rifle21

rifle21

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2013 - 09:20 PM

Got one in Glen Burnie, MD. Still had about 5 left.

More importantly, and leads on a cheap Wii Motion Plus? I'd like to actually play it at some point.

#60 Saablic

Saablic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2013 - 09:31 PM

Kind of tempted to pick this up. Is it any better than TP? It took me a very long time to get through TP because it wasn't very good and I kept taking long breaks from it. I have enjoyed Zelda games in the past but TP didn't do it for me at all.