Photo
- - - - -

So I just finished Babylon 5. Anyone wanna discuss?

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#31 davo1224

davo1224

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 February 2013 - 05:57 AM

I think it took a better actress than her to pull off what they needed. Her acting was only the icing on the cake of the whole B-movie Sci-Fi film (nevermind that it was on TNT) feel that "The Gathering" had.

I have to be honest in that this is one of my favorite shows ever. I might seem nitpicky but knowing how good it was in such a short span of time makes me angry over how much time was wasted on stupid things and how JMS got jerked around by the network.

#32 dafoomie

dafoomie

Posted 09 February 2013 - 01:42 AM

Nana Visitor was great but I still think it would've been better if it were Ensign Ro instead, too bad Michelle Forbes turned down the role.

Did you notice in "Eyes" that Mr. Gray was played by Weyoun/Brunt/Shran? Good actor but how was he ever up for the role of Riker?

#33 davo1224

davo1224

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2013 - 05:59 PM

I think that Ro would have turned down the role in the show too. They always painted her character as a circle trying to fit into a square. Kira had enough propriety to make it work, even when the Dominion took over.

Combs played an excellent creep in DS9 as Brunt/Weyoun which makes me wonder why they didn't sign him on.

I gotta say I really liked Byron. I thought they were gonna go the predictable route but how it played out made me want to see the Telepath War even more. I was glad to see someone not want to go to war, even if it was inevitable through what they were trying to accomplish.

I would love to see B5 be remade. With how much you can get away with now on TV and with a better network, it would be incredible. Battlestar got remade and there are rabid fans for the new series. It's pretty much up to WB though and I can see it happening with how much they adore remakes.

#34 dohdough

dohdough

Sum Dum Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2013 - 06:21 PM

Did you notice in "Eyes" that Mr. Gray was played by Weyoun/Brunt/Shran? Good actor but how was he ever up for the role of Riker?

He was great on Enterprise too.

I gotta say I really liked Byron. I thought they were gonna go the predictable route but how it played out made me want to see the Telepath War even more. I was glad to see someone not want to go to war, even if it was inevitable through what they were trying to accomplish.

I was never a huge fan of how that entire storyline as it was being played out, but it ended pretty good. Didn't like Byron at all though.

#35 dafoomie

dafoomie

Posted 21 February 2013 - 10:16 AM

Did you guys happen to catch the dig at DS9 in your run through the series?

Did you notice the original Na'Toth in that episode (without makeup) as Sheridan's lawyer?

#36 shrike4242

shrike4242

Not My Job Anymore, Go Bother Someone Else.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2013 - 12:27 AM

Here's an introspection about B5 on io9.com, as we're coming up on the 20th anniversary of The Gathering:

http://io9.com/59857...on-of-babylon-5