The "Dear God, Take-Two, No More Yukes" Wrestling Thread

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
513 replies to this topic

#301 Scorch

Scorch

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 February 2013 - 02:12 PM

Raw was pretty dreadful last night aside from Punk/Jericho.. but it was originally planned to be worse:

The WWE App fan voting on last night's RAW was legit. RAW was originally laid out for CM Punk vs. Randy Orton in the main event. Daniel Bryan vs. Rey Mysterio was already scheduled as they didn't have faith in Rey winning the fan vote.

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#302 Ced

Ced

Monster Hustler

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 February 2013 - 03:48 PM

Wasn't paying attention last night. Were they expecting Orton to win a popular vote or something?

#303 mykevermin

mykevermin

Queen of Scotland

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 February 2013 - 04:11 PM

Claudio and American Dragon

mark.
Posted Image

#304 mitch079

mitch079

Microsoft, trollin' like Doink on Crush.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 February 2013 - 05:34 PM

Wasn't paying attention last night. Were they expecting Orton to win a popular vote or something?

They had a 3 way vote between Orton, Jericho and Rey and the winner would face Punk.

ach.png

#305 davo1224

davo1224

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 February 2013 - 07:54 PM

Pretty sure Bruno just got worked.

#306 neocisco

neocisco

I am Groot!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 February 2013 - 09:16 PM

I know I'm going to regret this, but what does a 5XL wrestling fan look like? Kinda reminded of that Gabriel Iglesias levels of fatness bit.

B-word fat.

Quick, no googling: name the last 5 tag team champions, in order, starting with the most recent!

Londrick
Los Guerreros
WGTT
British Bulldogs
Wild Samoans

I win!

Now playing (& watching):
:ps3:-Binary Domain

:dvd:-009-1
:br:-Star Wars: Clone Wars season 3
My tradelist:http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=116943
35bb9lx.gif

#307 KaneRobot

KaneRobot

The Profit$ of Doom

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 February 2013 - 09:59 PM

No you don't. You forgot Demolition. To be fair though, so has WWE.

#308 neocisco

neocisco

I am Groot!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 February 2013 - 10:38 PM

Demolition? That was Hatchet and Bash, right?

35bb9lx.gif

#309 no_chocobo

no_chocobo

Posted 05 February 2013 - 10:42 PM

Ooo, I like how you use their Pre WWE names. Thats so smart of you!

mark.

I'm sorry for using the names that I knew them by when working on the same shows as them. I'll stop.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#310 neocisco

neocisco

I am Groot!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 February 2013 - 10:45 PM

I'm sorry for using the names that I knew them by when working on the same shows as them. I'll stop.

Eh, don't be sorry. I still think of them by those names as well, especially since they were known by those names for years long before they were in WWE. I'm more inclined to think of Castagnoli as Cesaro since there was at least a little bit of thought put into that name. Daniel Bryan? Please.

Oh, and as far as marks, every single person in this thread is a mark of some degree.

35bb9lx.gif

#311 pitfallharry219

pitfallharry219

It's go time

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 February 2013 - 10:53 PM

Demolition? That was Hatchet and Bash, right?

Don't forget Flatten.

#312 mykevermin

mykevermin

Queen of Scotland

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 February 2013 - 11:16 PM

B-word fat.

win!

marrrrrrrrrrrk. markmarkmark. I don't refer to Santino as "Boris," because his name is fucking Santino.

Are you one of those guys who refers to CM Punk as "Phil" at times, too? :roll:

neo, yes, everyone is a mark. most of all, wrestlers.
Posted Image

#313 Habbler

Habbler

Posted 05 February 2013 - 11:19 PM

Terry Knows Best.

#314 slidecage

slidecage

Nothing to say

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 February 2013 - 12:21 AM

Sheamus looked like was late for the bus when he was coming down the stairs LOL
WOOOO I STINK

#315 TerraBemani

TerraBemani

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 February 2013 - 12:54 AM

No you don't. You forgot Demolition. To be fair though, so has WWE.

Legion Of Doom
Legion Of Doom
Dudleys
Dudleys
Steiners

#316 mitch079

mitch079

Microsoft, trollin' like Doink on Crush.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 February 2013 - 01:20 AM

Booker T mentions Axe all the time.

ach.png

#317 Dr. Venkman

Dr. Venkman

Body Piercer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 February 2013 - 02:26 AM

Booker T mentions Axe all the time.

I pictured Ax's likeness on a can of body spray while reading that.

What would Smash be, an acne cream?
I'm not yellow. I'm gold.

#318 pitfallharry219

pitfallharry219

It's go time

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 February 2013 - 03:50 AM

WWE officially confirmed today that Cena/Sheamus/Ryback vs The Shield will happen at Elimination Chamber. However, it's just a six man tag match. I think they're really missing an opportunity here. If they had it in the Chamber, it would give it a "War Games" feel, which I'd much rather see than just another tag match.

#319 Scorch

Scorch

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 February 2013 - 04:20 AM

It'd be the first tag chamber match, I think.

Posted Image

#320 mykevermin

mykevermin

Queen of Scotland

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 February 2013 - 04:33 AM

WWE officially confirmed today that Cena/Sheamus/Ryback vs The Shield will happen at Elimination Chamber. However, it's just a six man tag match. I think they're really missing an opportunity here. If they had it in the Chamber, it would give it a "War Games" feel, which I'd much rather see than just another tag match.

I had the same thought re: War Games. Has there ever been an EC match that wasn't 6 individuals going for a title? It's a shame it's only been used for one thing, since it has other potential (as you point out).
Posted Image

#321 no_chocobo

no_chocobo

Posted 06 February 2013 - 07:46 AM

Are you one of those guys who refers to CM Punk as "Phil" at times, too? :roll:

No, because I never got to know him. I guess its a part of locker room etiquette that is hard to explain.

I just wrote out a long explanation of this, but then deleted it, I'll just shut up and stay on topic. I probably shouldn't explain the secret wrestler handshake either.... and no I'm not kidding. ;)
Posted Image
Posted Image

#322 HydroX

HydroX

Posted 06 February 2013 - 07:56 AM

I pictured Ax's likeness on a can of body spray while reading that.

What would Smash be, an acne cream?

Spoiler

#323 Spyder187

Spyder187

Scratch & Sniff!

• Banned

Posted 06 February 2013 - 12:19 PM

Done properly this could be close to what TNA does with their cage match with the teams. Only difference would be how after the last guy enters there would me no introduction of weapons.
Posted Image

i added a link to more wang pics.

#324 Clak

Clak

Made of star stuff.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 February 2013 - 02:48 PM

http://www.wwe.com/c...cement-26089325

"fine, goddammit, quit bothering me!"

I wonder if the people who have to write that stuff ever feel dirty.
Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that. -George Carlin

“Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.” -Mark Twain

“When a great genius appears in the world you may know him by this sign; that the dunces are all in confederacy against him." -Jonathon Swift

#325 cgarb84

cgarb84

KEAK HEEM IN DA BALLS!!!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 February 2013 - 04:23 PM

I wish I understood the dissolving of the tag team division (again). Just a few months ago it could of been argued it was a real strength and now it's borderline dead. Not putting the belts on Rhodes Scholars and then having them break up was so fucking stupid, especially when it appears they are getting closer to breaking up Hell No. Rumors have also been running about PTP breaking up, if they break up honestly who is left? Primo and Epico are boring as hell, Rey and Sin Cara can't work long term with Rey's issues, I like the Usos look and talent but their current "gimmick" sucks balls... I mean WTF is left???
Posted Image

Posted Image
Posted Image

#326 HydroX

HydroX

Posted 06 February 2013 - 05:12 PM

They've pissed on the Usos long enough to make them completely irrelevant. Pretty much what they did to Cryme Tyme (and any other seemingly credible tag team in the last 10 years).

The Ascension (NXT) had potential, but with the treatment of the tag division, I'm sure Conor O'Brian is glad that Cameron beat up that police officer, or else his career would've been pissed down the drain as well... before it even started.

#327 RedvsBlue

RedvsBlue

Rocket Science Level

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 February 2013 - 05:33 PM

http://www.wwe.com/c...cement-26089325

"fine, goddammit, quit bothering me!"

"Triple H contacted me and started telling me all the things that had changed and everything that was going on with WWE," Bruno said. "I started watching it after talking to him and when I saw it, I was very, very impressed."

:rofl: Yeah, they've changed for sure. I mean they've even got a wellness policy that you can't violate more than once if you're a low carder, if you're a top carder though well... we have other ways to make sure you're clean. Then there's the fact that we limit our poopoo, peepee jokes to once a week unless we're gonna drop a load of fake excrement all over the ring...

"I love the history of this business," Triple H said. "Without the history, there is no tomorrow.

So eloquent, so wellspoken. The future CEO of a billion dollar corporation... Just let that one sink in.

#328 no_chocobo

no_chocobo

Posted 06 February 2013 - 06:47 PM

WTF is left???

R-Truth and Little Jimmy

Also, why do they let BigShow talk? Its the single worst thing about watching WWE lately.... Actually just him in general. Why is it that he can one punch KO anyone around, but A. doesnt do that first thing every match and B. how is a "WMD" punch, and the other 20 punches per match he lands different?
Posted Image
Posted Image

#329 HydroX

HydroX

Posted 06 February 2013 - 07:01 PM

R-Truth and Little Jimmy

Also, why do they let BigShow talk? Its the single worst thing about watching WWE lately.... Actually just him in general. Why is it that he can one punch KO anyone around, but A. doesnt do that first thing every match and B. how is a "WMD" punch, and the other 20 punches per match he lands different?

He doesn't put that extra "stank" on 'em like his WMD punch. :roll:

I don't know if anyone else gives a crap, but Mattel's Elite Series 19 of WWE figures should be rolling out to all Walmarts this week. Pretty solid series, including an old school HBK figure that I absolutely had to buy when I saw it in the store.

#330 Scorch

Scorch

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 February 2013 - 07:10 PM

I don't know if anyone else gives a crap, but Mattel's Elite Series 19 of WWE figures should be rolling out to all Walmarts this week. Pretty solid series, including an old school HBK figure that I absolutely had to buy when I saw it in the store.

Spoiler

Why? It's an okay figure, but nothing I would buy right away

Miss Elizabeth is in the set and apparently she's incredibly rare.. 1 per every 16 figures.. $35-$40 is the going rate on eBay and Amazon

Posted Image