• This topic is locked This topic is locked
513 replies to this topic

#91 The Great Muta

The Great Muta

Posted 28 January 2013 - 03:49 AM

Late money don't lie for wrasslin.

#92 mitch079

mitch079

Microsoft, trollin' like Doink on Crush.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2013 - 03:51 AM

This would be hilarious - WWE announces Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson has been suspended 30 days for his first violation of the Wellness Policy.

default.png2.png

#93 KaneRobot

KaneRobot

The Profit$ of Doom

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2013 - 03:53 AM

I actually sort of liked the show since the Rumble had decent surprises and was well laid-out. The ending was hardly unexpected but I won't discount the entire match just because of it. All the fucking filler between matches was annoying though.
Posted Image

#94 Spyder187

Spyder187

Scratch & Sniff!

• Banned

Posted 28 January 2013 - 03:54 AM

The 1 minute of Godfather coming and going was more enjoyable than that win and anything that is going to come from it.
Posted Image

i added a link to more wang pics.

#95 JJSP

JJSP

Beyond economical repair.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2013 - 04:06 AM

And it begins; the annual ritual of hoping Cena tears a pec muscle or blows out his knee.

#96 Cage017

Cage017

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2013 - 04:08 AM

So the way things are going, last year's Wrestlemania was more like "Once in a Life Time (non title)"?

And I think that was the first time shirt dude was there sans Brock ... unless he was backstage :P.

gallery_474050_8161_3173.jpg

"Designed By Lilchiji"

#97 Demolition Man

Demolition Man

REV-OH-LU-TION!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2013 - 04:43 AM

Helping to get the nasty taste of the Rumble out of your mouth...

New sig coming soon.

#98 Dark Lord Greg

Dark Lord Greg

The Urban Legend

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2013 - 04:47 AM

omg what a terrible ending would rather have Punk with again with the SHIELD's help than have the rock take the title to Hollywood and only come back to defend it at wrestlemania

Dark+Lord+Greg.png

#99 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2013 - 04:54 AM

WWE's YouTube show "Are You Serious?" ended today after 52 weekly episodes. Now I'm sad.

What the Fuck is it with WWE ending all their YT shows? AYS was their best one IMO and I think Santino and Zach's were ended also.

Listen to the Checkmate Arcade video game podcast! Also available on ITunes, Stitcher Radio, or YouTube.
42869.png

#100 KaneRobot

KaneRobot

The Profit$ of Doom

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2013 - 06:13 AM

I think some kind of deal between WWE & YouTube is up. Not sure why that meant they ended everything though.

Jericho said on Twitter that he's "rehired," so that goes along with my guess earlier that a long run in the match meant he was back for a while instead of it being a one-shot. Looks like he's going to keep it going with Ziggler.

#101 merchie89

merchie89

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2013 - 06:15 AM

I know its a TV show, scripted soap opera with dudes flying through the air but Cena winning was pretty lame sauce.

I remember last year everyone was like "its gonna be jericho" but it was sheamus that was at least semi suprising.

When it came down to Ryback and Cena, I puked because lamest ending ever. Its funny how underutilized certain people are aka Bryan still stuck in a tag team and Ziggler having MITB for like 8 months??!
(Actual register date 3/3/2009, not sure why I switched accounts)

#102 Vulcan2422

Vulcan2422

Sandwich Artist with the Mouth

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2013 - 06:43 AM

This rumble was just horrible. Jericho was nice and I guess Wade Barrett was semi right with his tweet finally! lol. I was hoping Godfather getting eliminated so soon, Papa Shango would have came out. Wishful thinking. The couple things I did like, Kofi with another cool way to get back into the ring, Bryan and Kane segments were great, and the Rhodes brothers going at it. I actually told my buddy "Oh, Punk just told Rock, Reverse into bottom" and bang, table breaks. I can dream of a WM match between the Rhodes brothers, but it will never happen.

Vulcan7905.png
Real Life Ice Hockey Stats: Goals - 20 Assists - 23 Penalty Minutes - 8

Granted I only played the demo of Chime, but how the heck do you get shit on by Chime?

#103 pitfallharry219

pitfallharry219

It's go time

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2013 - 06:56 AM

I love how the Texan comes out when JBL gets excited. Example: *Punk kicks Rock in the head* "Rock dudn't know where he is!"

#104 HydroX

HydroX

Quintessential Studmuffin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2013 - 07:40 AM

Fuck :dunce:

#105 mykevermin

mykevermin

Queen of Scotland

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2013 - 11:37 AM

I think Punk's mic work might improve if he is able to convey that he is still the champ, in a whining, crybaby, demanding way. I don't want him to go the direction of "I wasn't beaten fairly" or railing about McMahon because (a) he'd be kinda right and (b) let's not get a McMahon caught up in this.

Sounds like the push to WM is on. That more or less means we'll hate every booking decision between now and then. Cesaro's match gets moved to the pre-show, or is 18-seconds long so that...oh, hell, I don't know...Chris Brown gets to cut a promo or somesuch.

EntertainaMania.
Posted Image

#106 dkreegz515

dkreegz515

Dave "Drama" Kreegz

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2013 - 11:50 AM

the entire show was predictable. the number 2 spot was a big suprise... glad he stayed in it till the endish. i wanted ziggler to cash in at the end. but like i said... rock would win and now they will enjoy the small ratings boost.
Posted Image

#107 slidecage

slidecage

Nothing to say

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2013 - 01:15 PM

Called it last week like i said i heard somewhere

Rock wins belt at RR
Cena wins RR

Rock loses belt at Chamber to punk

makes a triple treat at wm

Rock vs cena vs punk
WOOOO I STINK

#108 Demolition Man

Demolition Man

REV-OH-LU-TION!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2013 - 02:05 PM

The only thing about Wrestlemania that I look forward to now is ROH's iPPV along with potentially what other iPPVs we'll get that weekend.

New sig coming soon.

#109 007

Areaologist

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2013 - 02:18 PM

Same as it ever was.

I kept naively wishing and hoping that WWE would call an audible and swerve everyone, but no... we're firmly on the road to the totally pre-planned WrestleMania 29. As a fan, my biggest question is this: why, exactly, am I supposed to be excited about this (proposed) line-up?

If reports are to be believed, our top three matches are Rock/Cena, Lesnar/HHH, and Punk/Taker. Not only are these matches that have happened before, the most recent one occured six months ago. I understand that these are big money matches, but it doesn't change the fact that we've seen them and they all have completely set outcomes. HHH is getting his win back. Taker is Taker. WM29 will end with Cena hoisting the WWE title over his head. Really, there better be one hell of an undercard, since I don't even have faith in more than one of those proposed main events will even approach anything like a 4 or 5 star match.

It also leads to the bigger problem that WWE still doesn't want to address. No new stars. What happens in May when HALF (if not more, if Brock doesn't re-sign) of the WM main event participants leave? This Mania seems to be the epitome of the worst in WWE's booking instincts. Not to belabor a point that Punk himself has made, but the top three matches at Mania have a total of two full-time guys in them. That's... that's not saying much about the future.

Anyway, ranting. Knowing something is going to happen and then *seeing* it actually happen are two different things. Honestly, I'm just sort of dealing with the fact that WWE has managed to make WM boring. One time a year, we can generally count on them. This year? Again, there better be one hell of an undercard.

... oh, and a horrible thought? There's been talk of changing the house show circuit to not designate them as Raw or Smackdown. That's lead to speculation that it could finally lead to ending the brand split. Rock has the WWE title. Cena is, technically, feuding with Ziggler. Ziggler has the blue briefcase and we still have two months until Mania. Tell me that a title unification match featuring The Rock and John Cena at WrestleMania doesn't get Vince's grapefruits tingling.

#110 xilly

xilly

Snozberries?!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2013 - 02:39 PM

If it finally retires that stupid ass "spinner" belt, I'm for it.

Managing Editor - Frontburnr

Twitter - @sybaritictrance

#111 Scorch

Scorch

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2013 - 04:24 PM

Before and after pic of Jake Roberts after he has been living with DDP and doing his yoga routine:

Spoiler

Just.. wow. Holy crap.

I should order DDP Yoga.

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#112 KaneRobot

KaneRobot

The Profit$ of Doom

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2013 - 04:28 PM

I keep seeing stuff about Bruno possibly going in the HoF this year. I guess if they somehow got him to agree then they need to do it while he's receptive.

But putting Foley AND Backlund AND Bruno all in in the same year sure seems like they re needlessly blowing their wad.

#113 MisterModest

MisterModest

Custom User Title

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2013 - 04:52 PM

Before and after pic of Jake Roberts after he has been living with DDP and doing his yoga routine:

Spoiler

Just.. wow. Holy crap.

I should order DDP Yoga.

It's a miracle! He bought him a pair of jeans, that fit!

#114 KillerRamen

KillerRamen

OMG Lilac PSP!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2013 - 04:53 PM

Spoiler

Just.. wow. Holy crap.

I should order DDP Yoga.

Huh... He does actually have his own Yoga DVDs. http://www.ddpyoga.c...e/index.php/en/

Good for Jake Roberts1
Posted Image

#115 007

Areaologist

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2013 - 05:05 PM

I keep seeing stuff about Bruno possibly going in the HoF this year. I guess if they somehow got him to agree then they need to do it while he's receptive.

But putting Foley AND Backlund AND Bruno all in in the same year sure seems like they re needlessly blowing their wad.

I get the sense that Bruno is really just a pet project of HHH with little hope of success.

Also, let's be realistic... two of those names will elicit a pretty hearty 'who?' from WWE's target audience. Just like Gorgeous George, WWE would basically have to give the UUUUUNNNNNNIIIIIIIIVERSE a history lesson immediately following a Bruno announcement.

Bruno going in would be cool, but I can't help but feel it's just HHH trying to prove he's better than Vince while simultaneously giving himself the opportunity to hang out with one of his idols. I'll be more than happy to be wrong, but I'd still put money on Bruno not going in until either Vince is actually gone from the day-to-day or after one of them dies.

#116 pitfallharry219

pitfallharry219

It's go time

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2013 - 05:33 PM

The dirt sheets are saying that Jericho is back full-time through Wrestlemania. Rumored plans for him:
Spoiler

I loved Cody doing Goldust's drop down uppercut move last night as Goldust stood there and watched. That was pretty cool.

#117 bg88

bg88

Michael Mann fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2013 - 05:49 PM

I thought the Rumble match itself was pretty good, until it came down to the last three guys I wanted to see at the end. I wanted to hold out a tiny bit of hope that something would prevent Cena/Rock II. Every single outcome I was wanting didn't happen last night.

Hey, at least Cesaro won....on the pre-show. Last night was ruined for me when Rhodes/Sandow lost their match. I was pretty convinced that they were finally going to get the titles. They've been doing a great job of killing Kane and Bryan's momentum, while it feels like Rhodes Scholars have been going the other way. It's fucking stupid.

At least they allow Rhodes to look really impressive in the Rumble matches. Apparently he's not going to be a tag team champion....

#118 mtxbass1

mtxbass1

This space for rent.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2013 - 06:07 PM

I thought the Rumble match itself was pretty good, until it came down to the last three guys I wanted to see at the end. I wanted to hold out a tiny bit of hope that something would prevent Cena/Rock II. Every single outcome I was wanting didn't happen last night.

Hey, at least Cesaro won....on the pre-show. Last night was ruined for me when Rhodes/Sandow lost their match. I was pretty convinced that they were finally going to get the titles. They've been doing a great job of killing Kane and Bryan's momentum, while it feels like Rhodes Scholars have been going the other way. It's fucking stupid.

At least they allow Rhodes to look really impressive in the Rumble matches. Apparently he's not going to be a tag team champion....

Rumor has it that Kane/DB might lose the titles tonight to the Rhodes Scholars, just because more people would be watching...

#119 Purple Flames

Purple Flames

MC Sucka DJ

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2013 - 06:08 PM

Spoiler

Just.. wow. Holy crap.

I should order DDP Yoga.

I swear that man is gonna outlive every last one of us.

#120 pitfallharry219

pitfallharry219

It's go time

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2013 - 06:26 PM

Jake started a fund for shoulder surgery a few days ago. The goal was $9,200, and it was met in less than a day. It's up over $19,000 now. Pretty cool rewards, too. It would be pretty fucking neat to answer your phone and hear Jake the Snake on the other end. I'd mark the Fuck out if I could get him to repeat his WM 8 promo on Taker. "A little fun for me, none for you. The DDT's where it lays, big man!"

http://www.indiegogo.com/jakethesnake

Still may be my favorite promo ever.