The "Dear God, Take-Two, No More Yukes" Wrestling Thread

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
513 replies to this topic

#151 Cage017

Cage017

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2013 - 03:44 AM

This tag match has potential. I would love to see a series with Daniel Brian and Jericho. I'm thrilled that Y2J is back.

gallery_474050_8161_3173.jpg

"Designed By Lilchiji"

#152 BlueSwim

BlueSwim

Tech-Gaming.com

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2013 - 03:55 AM

Trish Stratus to the WWE Hall of Fame! Fantastic choice!
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=69&pictureid=2266
Menage a 3 - It's like Archie without the bullshit.

http://www.cheapassg...&pictureid=7899
Eerie Cuties - Vampires in high school. Don't worry, no sparkling.

Posted Image
Twitter - Bitter. Spiteful. Funky.

#153 mykevermin

mykevermin

Queen of Scotland

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2013 - 03:59 AM

I kind of dig the Barrett/Rotundo feud. Definitely rehashes the Razor/123 Kid vibe.

Kid was somewhat established on tv (as a jobber, sure) before Razor made him. Also, Razor was over in ways that Barrett isn't (yet).

There are a lot of NXT talents that should be in that spot instead of Dallas.

...man, Heyman is so goddamned brilliant on the mic. I love listening to him.
Posted Image

#154 mitch079

mitch079

Microsoft, trollin' like Doink on Crush.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2013 - 04:06 AM

Or Brock comes out and beats the crap out of Vince, setting up the Mania match with HHH.

the_it_crowd_moss.jpgdefault.png

#155 KaneRobot

KaneRobot

The Profit$ of Doom

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2013 - 04:07 AM

I kind of like how they put a bow on the Heyman/Shield/Maddox/Punk thing. Had a feeling Lesnar was coming out when Vince kept dragging out the you're fired moment.

#156 HeroToTheMasses

HeroToTheMasses

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2013 - 04:12 AM

A brilliant display of dastardliness by Paul Heyman! :applause:

#157 mykevermin

mykevermin

Queen of Scotland

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2013 - 04:13 AM

That was one of those satisfying segments that, even though it went exactly how you thought it would, was still very enjoyable.
Posted Image

#158 HeroToTheMasses

HeroToTheMasses

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2013 - 04:37 AM

The WWE would be a much better product if they just made Heyman the overarching bad guy in the WWE Universe.

#159 HydroX

HydroX

Quintessential Studmuffin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2013 - 04:40 AM

Kid was somewhat established on tv (as a jobber, sure) before Razor made him. Also, Razor was over in ways that Barrett isn't (yet).

There are a lot of NXT talents that should be in that spot instead of Dallas.

It kind of fits though.

I think they're really trying to give Barrett something to carry on his own. Basically, it's his turn to make a young guy look good. What better way to run an underdog story than with the undersized Bo Dallas? I think it fits nicely. Yeah, there may be more deserving, but I think he's more than paid his dues in FCW/NXT to at least deserve a shot to show that he belongs with the big boys. While beating Wade Barrett won't make him, it certainly gives him something to build off of for the future.... which is seemingly hard to do these days given the garbage 'storylines' we've had to watch in recent years.

#160 mykevermin

mykevermin

Queen of Scotland

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2013 - 04:46 AM

The WWE would be a much better product if they just made Heyman the overarching bad guy in the WWE Universe.

Maybe it's because I watched the Godfather/Godfather Part II (the only Godfather films, that is) a few weeks ago, but there was something in Heyman during the video when he was talking with Maddox that impressed me. Heyman was despicable because he was eliminating a problem (Maddox) while also convincing Maddox that this was for his own good.

Michael Corleone didn't have a choice except to set up Senator Geary, as a parallel. He wouldn't have, but Geary's decision forced Corlone's hand. (that is, in the mind of Michael.)

WWE ain't Copolla, but Heyman made sense in that segment. On the other side of things, you have Vince McMahon stepping up to Brock Lesnar. That's why Heyman is believable (he's conniving, he's despicable, he's exploitative, and he's a liar), but McMahon is not (Heyman made an ass of himself when put in a place of desperation during this segment, and McMahon just no-sold that Brock was a bad-ass).

The more I think about that, ugh. An elderly man, of an age where he could legally be playing shuffleboard and collecting social security, steps up to Brock Fucking Lesnar. Lame.
Posted Image

#161 mitch079

mitch079

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2013 - 04:58 AM

A lot of old men still think they can step up. Most of them end up getting their asses kicked.

#162 The Great Muta

The Great Muta

Posted 29 January 2013 - 05:06 AM

Example of such:

Spoiler

#163 JJSP

JJSP

Beyond economical repair.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2013 - 05:16 AM

Any chance we get Punk, Rollins, Ambrose, and Reigns in a Chamber match with Rock?

#164 KaneRobot

KaneRobot

The Profit$ of Doom

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2013 - 05:34 AM

A lot of old men still think they can step up. Most of them end up getting their asses kicked.

Yep. Heck, I've worked for a few of them. Some old guys with money just don't have a firm grasp of shit when it comes to how tough they are, so the "Vince steps up" thing didn't bother me.
Posted Image

#165 Habbler

Habbler

Posted 29 January 2013 - 05:41 AM

I've seen "Vince steps up" before. My dad is 77 and 2 years ago knocked out my nephew for coming home hammered and mouthing off to everyone.

#166 BlueSwim

BlueSwim

Tech-Gaming.com

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2013 - 06:03 AM

Any chance we get Punk, Rollins, Ambrose, and Reigns in a Chamber match with Rock?

I'm thinking 3-on-3 Chamber match with Cena, Ryback, and Sheamus taking on Shield. Rock/Punk II will probably headline the event on its own with no gimmicks needed (who just though Candido?).
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=69&pictureid=2266
Menage a 3 - It's like Archie without the bullshit.

http://www.cheapassg...&pictureid=7899
Eerie Cuties - Vampires in high school. Don't worry, no sparkling.

Posted Image
Twitter - Bitter. Spiteful. Funky.

#167 diddy310

diddy310

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2013 - 07:23 AM

The Heyman thing would work as long as he continues to not have any official power.

It's pretty clear by the Vickie Guerrero stuff of the last month that they don't even want to do the GM thing anymore.

#168 pitfallharry219

pitfallharry219

It's go time

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2013 - 07:25 AM

I like how they continue to make it obvious that they have absolutely no clue what to do with Orton right now.

#169 KaneRobot

KaneRobot

The Profit$ of Doom

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2013 - 08:06 AM

So now, assuming it is the plan, how do we get to Punkdertaker? Punk loses again at the PPV, comes out and does a similar promo to tonight where he just says "fuck you, if I'm going to keep getting cheated out of the title, I'll just end the streak?" Undertaker doesn't really strike me as a guy who interferes in matches to set stuff up anymore.

Sorry for "Punkdertaker," by the way. Well, not that sorry.

#170 mykevermin

mykevermin

Queen of Scotland

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2013 - 11:45 AM

I've seen "Vince steps up" before. My dad is 77 and 2 years ago knocked out my nephew for coming home hammered and mouthing off to everyone.

your nephew:
Posted Image

Men having hubris isn't the problem. Your father doesn't need to get your nephew's toughness over to sell tickets and make money.
Posted Image

#171 dkreegz515

dkreegz515

Dave "Drama" Kreegz

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2013 - 01:03 PM

one of my favorite moments on raw... after Brock's F5 to Boss. the crowd chanted "one more time"
Posted Image

#172 Scorch

Scorch

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2013 - 01:54 PM

Confirming the obvious,

The feeling backstage at last night's RAW from Las Vegas was they lost the crowd during the 9pm - 10pm hour as it was a rough hour to watch. The WWE creative team has been burnt out lately as they book The Road to WrestleMania 29.

The most important quarter of the year to WWE is absolutely the best time to be burnt out creatively.

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#173 007

Areaologist

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2013 - 02:13 PM

So now, assuming it is the plan, how do we get to Punkdertaker? Punk loses again at the PPV, comes out and does a similar promo to tonight where he just says "fuck you, if I'm going to keep getting cheated out of the title, I'll just end the streak?" Undertaker doesn't really strike me as a guy who interferes in matches to set stuff up anymore.

Sorry for "Punkdertaker," by the way. Well, not that sorry.

This is one of the few things that actually intrigues me about the next two months. Now that it's been made completely clear that Taker wrestles once a year, not only do you need a set-up for the match, but also a set-up for why he's back in the first place. Now that Punk has lost the title, most of the obvious match set-ups are gone, so... who knows?

Not to beat a dead horse, but I honestly wish Taker would just stay gone. I don't want him trotted out every year as an 'attraction'. Last year's match with HHH was the perfect stopping point... high profile opponent, the end of technically four years of story, and a nice even 20-0. I just don't think I can muster up the energy to give a shit unless they come up with something genius. And, since this is WWE, I'm not holding my breath for that.

#174 HydroX

HydroX

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2013 - 03:56 PM

If they were going to set up Punk-Taker, they should have had Taker be the one that put Rock through a table in the "blackout" at Royal Rumble, not Shield. Maybe have Shield take credit for his work to give him more reason to be back. Taker's reasoning could be because it's his yard, and he's the measuring stick in this business.... and not the "Best in the World". His message to Rock would be a warning shot. Have Rock/Taker cut a promo or two to dissolve any differences, and move on to their respective 'Mania feuds from there. I'm sure I'm missing some key details of my own fantasy booking, but you can fill in the blanks respectively.

#175 007

Areaologist

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2013 - 04:25 PM

Honestly, if there wasn't such a hard-on for making Rock/Cena 2 for the title, it'd be ridiculously easy. Not to sound too mark-y, either, but Punk/Taker title reign vs. streak is a much better story than 'returning (for, uh, the third time) hero wins title, guy who lost beats 29 other guys, I want a rematch!'. But, you know, Punk won't take the belt on a movie publicity tour, so Fuck that, right?

Totally simple set-up. Punk rants in ring about beating Rock, Cena, everybody. Title reign. Unstoppable. Asks who can stop him, since there's no one left. Lights go out. Bell tolls. Crowd fucking shits. It's the easiest set-up in the world. Taker returns to stop Punk. Worthy opponent. Best in the World, but not Best at WrestleMania. Whatever.

Sure, you have to deal with what happens with Taker and the title after WM, but that's a whole other problem.

#176 HydroX

HydroX

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2013 - 04:39 PM

Honestly, if there wasn't such a hard-on for making Rock/Cena 2 for the title, it'd be ridiculously easy. Not to sound too mark-y, either, but Punk/Taker title reign vs. streak is a much better story than 'returning (for, uh, the third time) hero wins title, guy who lost beats 29 other guys, I want a rematch!'. But, you know, Punk won't take the belt on a movie publicity tour, so Fuck that, right?

Totally simple set-up. Punk rants in ring about beating Rock, Cena, everybody. Title reign. Unstoppable. Asks who can stop him, since there's no one left. Lights go out. Bell tolls. Crowd fucking shits. It's the easiest set-up in the world. Taker returns to stop Punk. Worthy opponent. Best in the World, but not Best at WrestleMania. Whatever.

Sure, you have to deal with what happens with Taker and the title after WM, but that's a whole other problem.

The way Punk cut his promo on last night's Raw would help make this Punk/Taker scenario work even without the title, which may be the route they're taking. Remember, HE is granting ROCK a rematch, not the other way around.... ;)

#177 Clak

Clak

Made of star stuff.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2013 - 04:47 PM

your nephew:
Posted Image

Men having hubris isn't the problem. Your father doesn't need to get your nephew's toughness over to sell tickets and make money.

Sicne you posted the picture I have to ask, why the Fuck would you get that tattoo? Besides looking ridiculous, that must have hurt like a motherfucker, especially the tip near the throat.
Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that. -George Carlin

“Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.” -Mark Twain

“When a great genius appears in the world you may know him by this sign; that the dunces are all in confederacy against him." -Jonathon Swift

#178 mitch079

mitch079

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2013 - 07:20 PM

Unless Punk beats Taker. Can you imagine how much heat that would generate the next night on RAW, particuarly if it was a screwjob? It'd be nuclear.

#179 HydroX

HydroX

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2013 - 07:29 PM

What if..... John Cena ended the streak?

Something not remotely plausible, but a great way to turn Cena heel. Hence why neither will ever happen.

#180 Spyder187

Spyder187

Scratch & Sniff!

• Banned

Posted 29 January 2013 - 07:39 PM

In a world where Vince McMahon suffers a broken hip from an F5 on Raw, ANYTHING is possible....

http://www.wwe.com/s...attack-26088187
Posted Image

i added a link to more wang pics.