The "Dear God, Take-Two, No More Yukes" Wrestling Thread

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
513 replies to this topic

#181 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2013 - 07:42 PM

I'm beginning to think the Hulu Plus version of RAW is the way to go.

I just watch the YT channel.

#182 slidecage

slidecage

Nothing to say

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2013 - 10:05 PM

In a world where Vince McMahon suffers a broken hip from an F5 on Raw, ANYTHING is possible....

http://www.wwe.com/s...attack-26088187

lol his daughter looks like she is saying

Why dont you die already old man and let me have the business :)
WOOOO I STINK

#183 bg88

bg88

Michael Mann fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2013 - 10:07 PM

I've been a big fan of The Undertaker for lot of years now. Having said that, the "End of an Era" match at last year's WM should have been exactly that. It is stupid to continue to have HHH and Undertaker wrestle matches after that, completely shitting on the idea of an era ending.

At least Cena/Rock II isn't going to devalue their WM match from last year.....
Posted Image

#184 mykevermin

mykevermin

Queen of Scotland

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2013 - 10:20 PM

Rock vs. Cena at WM29: Once In A Lifetime (Part 2).
Posted Image

#185 Ced

Ced

Monster Hustler

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2013 - 10:36 PM

I prefer "Rock vs Cena: Second Time. Last Time. Only Time."
Posted Image

#186 xilly

xilly

Snozberries?!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2013 - 10:36 PM

Rock vs Cena at WM29: Thank God it's not Batista again.

Managing Editor - Frontburnr

Twitter - @sybaritictrance

#187 KaneRobot

KaneRobot

The Profit$ of Doom

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2013 - 11:01 PM

Undertaker's last WM should not be him walking out arm in arm with DX. I'm perfectly fine if this year is his last one, but dude deserves a proper Undertaker send-off, not "Happy 90's Friendship Club in: Hugs Aplenty!"

I've said for a while now that Cena turning heel (during the match, like Austin at 17) and ending the streak would be pretty much the only scenario I'm good with as far as 'Taker losing. Don't think that's going to be in the cards anytime in the next 2 years, so safe to say that particular scenario isn't going to happen.
Posted Image

#188 The Great Muta

The Great Muta

Posted 30 January 2013 - 02:44 AM

Cannot think of a scenario where Undertaker losing at WrestleMania would be acceptable. Cena beating Undertaker would be pretty awful. I don't care if Cena turns heel, face, toe, palm,...

People would have been upset if Triple H broke Undertaker's Streak™. Cena turning heel no way validates extinguishing over 20 years of continuity. And I like to think WWE could turn heel a very popular John Cena without shitting on The Undertaker. Why give the push to someone like John Cena?

He doesn't need the rub. If not Mankind besting Undertaker in one final, brutal, crippling, life-shortening, double-perma-retirement Hell in a Cell match, I don't want to even humor anyone beating Undertaker at WrestleMania. No one deserves it. Not Punk, Rock, Lesnar, Cena, Orton, etc. and so forth. Only reason I'd put Foley over Undertaker is because it would be a fitting, full-circle closure to both careers. Not that Foley can even walk, but in a world where Foley could still sit-up without requiring assistance, I'd be okay with Foley closing the loop.

#189 vrs1650

vrs1650

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2013 - 03:05 AM

The streak needs to be ended in a way that puts things right in the WWE universe, DDP beats him to end the streak and to make up for the BS they put him through. Maybe with help from Jake the Snake. Then DDP can fix him with Yoga.
[IMG]http://card.mygamercard.net/%20http://live.xbox.com/member/vrs1650.jpg[/IMG]

Originally Posted by Nephlabobo [IMG]http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/disturbed/buttons/viewpost.gif[/IMG]
Yeah, but you're acting like I'm asking for unicorns and leprechauns to reenact "Two Girls One Cup".

#190 Halo05

Halo05

Posted 30 January 2013 - 04:57 AM

Totally simple set-up. Punk rants in ring about beating Rock, Cena, everybody. Title reign. Unstoppable. Asks who can stop him, since there's no one left. Lights go out. Bell tolls. Crowd fucking shits. It's the easiest set-up in the world. Taker returns to stop Punk. Worthy opponent. Best in the World, but not Best at WrestleMania. Whatever.

Sure, you have to deal with what happens with Taker and the title after WM, but that's a whole other problem.

I got goosebumps just imagining that.

As far as the second part, have UT leave WM with the title and let him retire the next night on RAW and vacate the title. Your next PPV is a tournament for the vacant title where whomever wins feuds with whomever he faced in the tournament finals. Let that feud go a total of 3 PPVs and boom, we're ready to build to Summer Slam in whatever new direction has popped up in the meantime.

As many of you know, black ops 2 is plaid with bugs, lag etc which many people have been suffering including me.

plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid

#191 KaneRobot

KaneRobot

The Profit$ of Doom

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2013 - 09:42 AM

The streak needs to be ended in a way that puts things right in the WWE universe, DDP beats him to end the streak and to make up for the BS they put him through. Maybe with help from Jake the Snake. Then DDP can fix him with Yoga.

And then Brian Lee Undertaker comes out and reveals he was actually the real Undertaker all along, has been in hiding since 1994, and he still hasn't been beaten at Wrestlemania. THE PHENOM IS THREE AND FUCKING ZERO.
Posted Image

#192 davo1224

davo1224

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2013 - 10:22 AM

I don't want the Undertaker to come back. Last year's match was unspeakably horrible and depressing. Let him go out at 20-0 with a lame finish.

#193 MisterModest

MisterModest

Custom User Title

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2013 - 11:19 AM

Can't Cena just turn heel against Rock, like Austin at WM17? Have Heyman play the part of Vince. "Here Comes The Pain, Hustle, Loyalty, Respect, and Best in the WORLD" supergroup of Lesnar, Punk, and Cena, managed by Heyman. Storylines for the rest of the year.

#194 kodave

kodave

Posted 30 January 2013 - 07:12 PM

Can't Cena just turn heel against Rock, like Austin at WM17? Have Heyman play the part of Vince. "Here Comes The Pain, Hustle, Loyalty, Respect, and Best in the WORLD" supergroup of Lesnar, Punk, and Cena, managed by Heyman. Storylines for the rest of the year.

And sink his merchandise sales? And ruin his 10th Million Make A Wish? Keep dreaming.

#195 MisterModest

MisterModest

Custom User Title

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2013 - 08:39 PM

And sink his merchandise sales? And ruin his 10th Million Make A Wish? Keep dreaming.

That was in response to the fantasy booking of him turning heel and defeating Undertaker. I thought that was a better scenario (turning heel against Rock), than having him end the streak. I'm well aware he's not turning heel. No need to act like a stereotypical internet smark, knowing all about the "merchandise sales" and "teh biznezz" of pro wrasslin'.

#196 kodave

kodave

Posted 30 January 2013 - 09:06 PM

That was in response to the fantasy booking of him turning heel and defeating Undertaker. I thought that was a better scenario (turning heel against Rock), than having him end the streak. I'm well aware he's not turning heel. No need to act like a stereotypical internet smark, knowing all about the "merchandise sales" and "teh biznezz" of pro wrasslin'.

:roll:

And you're real helpful to keep things in context by replying to something brought up several posts above yours and not quote it when several posts preceding yours are discussing various aspects of Undertaker, and not Cena.

Also, I'm pretty sure the standard smark standpoint is still "OMG turn Cena heelz already." Why the hostility though? It's not even "knowing" or pretending to know about "teh biznezz" - its just common sense that someone like Make A Wish's top guy isn't going to turn heel any time soon if ever. Why even bother with the ridiculous fantasy booking scenarios? You could already write a book about scenarios where Cena could have or should have effectively turned heel if you ignore "teh biznezz" aspects of things. It's beating a dead horse at this point.

#197 HydroX

HydroX

Quintessential Studmuffin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2013 - 09:32 PM

Why even bother with the ridiculous fantasy booking scenarios?

Hmm, I don't know, maybe to, uh, start one of those discussion things...? Since the last time I checked, I believe this is a discussion board. What the hell else is there to talk about? Rock/Cena II: <insert cooky fucking smark line here> ?

#198 pitfallharry219

pitfallharry219

It's go time

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2013 - 10:05 PM

There was talk at Monday’s RAW that one of the reasons The Undertaker didn’t make an appearance at the Royal Rumble is because he’s not so sure that he will work WrestleMania 29 now.

The plan had been for Taker to wrestle CM Punk but WWE officials are still waiting on Taker’s decision. There’s a feeling among some within WWE that Taker will end up wrestling but the discussion at RAW was they may have to come up with another WrestleMania storyline for Punk.

Source: PWInsider

#199 kodave

kodave

Posted 30 January 2013 - 10:30 PM

Hmm, I don't know, maybe to, uh, start one of those discussion things...? Since the last time I checked, I believe this is a discussion board. What the hell else is there to talk about? Rock/Cena II: <insert cooky fucking smark line here> ?

There are plenty of other things to talk about other than the fantastical magical mystical land where John Cena rules as heel supreme. Could it be that there are literally dozens of websites dedicated to posting information about the business where you could find other topics of discussion? Could it be that WWE alone has several hours of first run TV each that could be discussed beyond Rock/Cena?

But no, you're right, let's think of more ways to turn John Cena heel.

Maybe he could team up with Brodus Clay on Raw one week in a tag team match. They're victorious over the heel tag team. To celebrate, they all dance with the little kids when out of no where, John Cena hoists on of them up for the Attitude Adjustment. But he doesn't just AA the child in the ring. He AAs the child over the top rope to the floor below. The lights come on and everyone is in utter shock at why Cena would do such a thing. Brodus is on his knees pulling at his mohawk. The Funkadactyls are screaming in hysterics. Michael Cole is more deadly serious than when Lawler nearly croaked at ringside. Cena exits the ring and grabs Justin Robert's microphone. He slides back into the ring and cuts a promo where he decimates the joke that Brodus Clay has become. Cena says he's sick of this facade everyone is putting on. Cena is a true Boston Thug ™ and seeing a fat glob of human excrement like Brodus Clay do the same schtick that Cena does in terms of being a good guy repulsed him on the deepest levels. Cena says he carried this company on his back for the past decade, and now it's time for him to do whatever he wants to do, as evidenced by the half-dead kid laying outside of the ring. There is no WWE Universe. There is no Hustle, Loyalty, Respect. There is just Cena, and Cena is going to do whatever Cena wants because he can. Rise above hate? No, no. Rise above this mediocrity. Cena says he's bigger than this company. Bigger than this industry. And there's nothing anyone can do about it. Smirk and shrug. Drop the mic. Cena strolls off. Now the Rock can represent the "people" and the "WWE Universe" 100% as Cena above it all. WrestleMania does 219043586795548984357 buys and Cena goes on a tear until Brodus Clay tasers him with a cattle prod at SummerSlam.

Or, you know, the Intercontinental Cup was cancelled today.

#200 HydroX

HydroX

Quintessential Studmuffin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2013 - 11:03 PM

There are plenty of other things to talk about other than the fantastical magical mystical land where John Cena rules as heel supreme. Could it be that there are literally dozens of websites dedicated to posting information about the business where you could find other topics of discussion? Could it be that WWE alone has several hours of first run TV each that could be discussed beyond Rock/Cena?

But no, you're right, let's think of more ways to turn John Cena heel.

Maybe he could team up with Brodus Clay on Raw one week in a tag team match. They're victorious over the heel tag team. To celebrate, they all dance with the little kids when out of no where, John Cena hoists on of them up for the Attitude Adjustment. But he doesn't just AA the child in the ring. He AAs the child over the top rope to the floor below. The lights come on and everyone is in utter shock at why Cena would do such a thing. Brodus is on his knees pulling at his mohawk. The Funkadactyls are screaming in hysterics. Michael Cole is more deadly serious than when Lawler nearly croaked at ringside. Cena exits the ring and grabs Justin Robert's microphone. He slides back into the ring and cuts a promo where he decimates the joke that Brodus Clay has become. Cena says he's sick of this facade everyone is putting on. Cena is a true Boston Thug ™ and seeing a fat glob of human excrement like Brodus Clay do the same schtick that Cena does in terms of being a good guy repulsed him on the deepest levels. Cena says he carried this company on his back for the past decade, and now it's time for him to do whatever he wants to do, as evidenced by the half-dead kid laying outside of the ring. There is no WWE Universe. There is no Hustle, Loyalty, Respect. There is just Cena, and Cena is going to do whatever Cena wants because he can. Rise above hate? No, no. Rise above this mediocrity. Cena says he's bigger than this company. Bigger than this industry. And there's nothing anyone can do about it. Smirk and shrug. Drop the mic. Cena strolls off. Now the Rock can represent the "people" and the "WWE Universe" 100% as Cena above it all. WrestleMania does 219043586795548984357 buys and Cena goes on a tear until Brodus Clay tasers him with a cattle prod at SummerSlam.

Or, you know, the Intercontinental Cup was cancelled today.

So let's discuss it instead of being a keyboard warriorâ„¢ every time someone brings up something you don't like. Take that shit back to the Hastings thread where you like to think you're the end-all-be-all ruler of the world supreme.

#201 pitfallharry219

pitfallharry219

It's go time

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2013 - 11:08 PM

I bet he starts "Let's go, Cena!" chants in his living room.

#202 mykevermin

mykevermin

Queen of Scotland

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2013 - 12:09 AM

Toss Punk into the Rock-Cena match if 'taker isn't wrestling. The match b/w Rock and Cena isn't sacrosanct, and Punk is already part of it, supposing they don't plan for the next PPV match b/w Rock and Punk is a blowoff (which it most likely will be).
Posted Image

#203 Spyder187

Spyder187

Scratch & Sniff!

• Banned

Posted 31 January 2013 - 01:11 AM

I bet he starts "Let's go, Cena!" chants in his living room.

It's only funny if his wife/girlfriend/significant other yells back "Cena SUCKS!!!"
Posted Image

i added a link to more wang pics.

#204 Scorch

Scorch

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2013 - 01:24 AM

TIL Bret Hart wrestled at an ECW event

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#205 mykevermin

mykevermin

Queen of Scotland

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2013 - 01:40 AM

That's Terry Funk's retirement show, not an ECW event. Don't you recognize the referee?
Posted Image

#206 OnyxPrimal

OnyxPrimal

Chocolate Goodness

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2013 - 03:13 AM

Posted Image

#207 mitch079

mitch079

Microsoft, trollin' like Doink on Crush.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2013 - 05:14 AM

http://www.9wsyr.com...P3cXb1ODXQ.cspx

I'm sure you've already heard this story but a 77 year old man who got shot in the eye during a robbery attempt at a liquor store he owns, said the worst thing that happened all week to him was The Rock beat Punk.

default.png2.png

#208 KaneRobot

KaneRobot

The Profit$ of Doom

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2013 - 08:03 AM

Rather than discuss the Intercontinental Cup being cancelled - which admittedly is huge news that shakes the foundation of WWE, professional wrestling, and indeed human existence as a whole to its very core - I'd like to propose that the streak ends this year due to Undertaker failing Rodney Mack's White Boy Challenge.

#209 Ced

Ced

Monster Hustler

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2013 - 08:42 AM

Tournament for No Reason to determine a hotshot contender or -- and I know this sounds crazy -- set up an actual program with Dallas-Barrett. Safe money is on WWE sweeping the IC title under the rug until Hacksaw digs it out of the trash.

#210 MisterModest

MisterModest

Custom User Title

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2013 - 09:24 AM

Why the hostility though?

Because you felt the need to respond to obvious fantasy booking with, "keep dreaming"? Like a certain type of smark, you try to put down others, to make yourself feel good, and appear more knowledgeable and business savvy. I don't give a shit if you don't like discussing possible (even unlikely) booking situations, other people do.