• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2013 - 02:43 PM

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#212 007

Areaologist

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2013 - 02:54 PM

Toss Punk into the Rock-Cena match if 'taker isn't wrestling. The match b/w Rock and Cena isn't sacrosanct, and Punk is already part of it, supposing they don't plan for the next PPV match b/w Rock and Punk is a blowoff (which it most likely will be).

That's the obvious plan, yeah. When was the last headliner three-way at Mania? Was it at, uh, that Mania which was totally-headlined-by-Taker-vs.-Kane-seriously-just-trust-us-on-that? I know there have been other three ways in the past few years, but those weren't last match, right?

Regardless, if Taker really decides not to wrestle, it's a damn shame. Not because I want to see him, mind you, but because there could've been a totally different plan for booking Mania. As it stands, if they have to add Punk to the Rock/Cena match, the likely scenario is that he'll be nothing more than an afterthought. Publicity concerns aside, I would've let Punk walk to Mania as champion and then lose in the three-way. But, you know, I don't book this shit to maximize profit and public profile, so this is totally incompatible with Mania. Sigh.

#213 The Great Muta

The Great Muta

Posted 31 January 2013 - 05:00 PM

SNIP

His initial response is hilarious. Genuinely happy to see Jake sober and alive. Feel good story of the year.

#214 bg88

bg88

Michael Mann fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2013 - 05:17 PM

I really hope they throw Punk into Cena/Rock for the triple threat match. For me personally, I would like to have someone in that match to root for. It feels like there is some unwritten rule where WM has to be headlined by a standard one-on-one match with zero special stipulations.

For the love of god I do not want Cena/Rock again.
Posted Image

#215 Clak

Clak

Made of star stuff.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2013 - 05:24 PM

I wonder how much Johnson is getting paid? I mean the guy has had a pretty successful film career, I see no reason for him to come back to wrestling unless he was offered enough money.

Plus, we know enough about the "real" Rock that watching him trying to be "The Rock" just seems kind of silly now. Part of being a wrestler is being the character, and he's been out of character for a while now.
Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that. -George Carlin

“Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.” -Mark Twain

“When a great genius appears in the world you may know him by this sign; that the dunces are all in confederacy against him." -Jonathon Swift

#216 no_chocobo

no_chocobo

Posted 31 January 2013 - 09:19 PM

I'm still laughing at punk telling rock "swearing is cool"
Posted Image
Posted Image

#217 KaneRobot

KaneRobot

The Profit$ of Doom

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2013 - 09:57 PM

If slidecage winds up being right (as in, a Cena/Punk/Rock match at Mania), I'm not sure I'll be able to handle that.

Haven't checked this guy's channel in quite a while, fortunately he has continued to deliver:

Edited by KaneRobot, 31 January 2013 - 10:10 PM.

Posted Image

#218 mykevermin

mykevermin

Queen of Scotland

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2013 - 11:31 PM

eh. The CB4 one was clever in that it's pretty accurate satire of what WWE wants him to be. I didn't get the others, except for Daniel Bryan. On that; double eh.
Posted Image

#219 Scorch

Scorch

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2013 - 12:14 AM

Deliver what, exactly?

Posted Image

#220 KaneRobot

KaneRobot

The Profit$ of Doom

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2013 - 12:15 AM

Deliver what, exactly?

Laughs. Definitely worked for me.

For what it's worth, and because it's always much funnier once the joke is explained:
Alf
Sega Rally game over screen
Simpsons
CB4
Boondocks

Go forth in peace.

-----

Edit - Just read something about Steph dropping the "Levesque" name but in the same article they had office salaries for last year. Not surprised that Dunn makes more than HHH considering how long he has been there, but was surprised at how MUCH more.

*Vince McMahon, Chairman of the Board and CEO
* Kevin Dunn, Executive Vice President, Television Production
* George Barrios, Chief Financial Officer
* Michelle Wilson, Chief Marketing Officer
* Paul Levesque (Triple H), Executive Vice President, Talent

- Here is the list of straight salaries for 2012:
* Vince McMahon, $1.1 million
* Dunn, $800,000
* Barrios, $575,000
* Wilson, $575,000
* Levesque, $500,000

I do often wonder if their shows would be any better if they got a fresh producer, rather than having that ass-kissing buck-toothed geek (credit: Jim Cornette) in there.

Edited by KaneRobot, 01 February 2013 - 01:05 AM.

Posted Image

#221 mykevermin

mykevermin

Queen of Scotland

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2013 - 01:18 AM

I very rarely watch Impact when it's on the air. I now get why some of y'all dig Daniels and Kaz so much.
Posted Image

#222 Clak

Clak

Made of star stuff.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2013 - 02:09 AM

Vince only "made" 1.1 million? I always figured his salary way bigger than that.
Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that. -George Carlin

“Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.” -Mark Twain

“When a great genius appears in the world you may know him by this sign; that the dunces are all in confederacy against him." -Jonathon Swift

#223 mykevermin

mykevermin

Queen of Scotland

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2013 - 02:11 AM

Vince only "made" 1.1 million? I always figured his salary way bigger than that.

Dividend payouts, yo. Pay attention to the quarterlies.
Posted Image

#224 Clak

Clak

Made of star stuff.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2013 - 02:19 AM

I didn't even realize they paid a divy. 5.7%, not bad.

#225 The Great Muta

The Great Muta

Posted 01 February 2013 - 03:14 AM

I very rarely watch Impact when it's on the air. I now get why some of y'all dig Daniels and Kaz so much.

I've never been too high on Kazarian. Always thought fans gave him too much hype just because of his half-ass spots. Since teaming with Daniels, I've been proven wrong. Genuinely enjoying the guy. Also helps that he cut his hillbilly hair.

#226 TerraBemani

TerraBemani

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2013 - 03:23 AM

Actually just having Scott Steiner as GM of RAW would be gold.

#227 KaneRobot

KaneRobot

The Profit$ of Doom

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2013 - 04:00 AM

Anyone know if there's a significance to this, or is it just a weird shirt?

http://barbershopwindow.com/monroe.htm
Posted Image

#228 Yagami

Yagami

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2013 - 04:06 AM

Actually just having Scott Steiner as GM of RAW would be gold.

Still the best / funniest promo ever. Even my non wrestling fans love this. (ignore the subtitles, that uploader is retarded, this shit is gold)

#229 mitch079

mitch079

Microsoft, trollin' like Doink on Crush.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2013 - 04:22 AM

Not sure Kane but that is a great pic of Jennifer Love Hewitt on their site.

the_it_crowd_moss.jpgdefault.png

#230 Purple Flames

Purple Flames

MC Sucka DJ

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2013 - 05:06 AM

Can't say I'm suprised by the winner: http://www.wrestlecr...r-award-winner/

#231 The Great Muta

The Great Muta

Posted 01 February 2013 - 05:41 AM

So... I hurt my knee so I haven't been able to do much. Been catching up with puro while doing some work.

Start at 22:00 and watch how pro wrestling should be. What a finishing sequence. Wow.

#232 mykevermin

mykevermin

Queen of Scotland

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2013 - 05:56 AM

Excellent finish. The NJPW annoucers have always been good. Little makes me mark out than them screaming "LAAAAAARIETOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!"
Posted Image

#233 xilly

xilly

Snozberries?!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2013 - 06:59 AM

I should watch more of that stuff, that ending is the way it's supposed to be done.

Managing Editor - Frontburnr

Twitter - @sybaritictrance

#234 Scorch

Scorch

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2013 - 03:05 PM

WWE uploaded The Shield's latest theme to iTunes.. people have already taken it, added arena effects and uploaded it to YouTube.. time to update my WWE '13 themes. Here's the one w/ arena effects

Posted Image

#235 slidecage

slidecage

Nothing to say

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2013 - 03:22 PM

If slidecage winds up being right (as in, a Cena/Punk/Rock match at Mania), I'm not sure I'll be able to handle that.

Haven't checked this guy's channel in quite a while, fortunately he has continued to deliver:

dont worry that will be the main even for wm cena rock and punk

though could there be something else there

funny if there is a hidden message in there...

cena/punk/rock

cena punks rock (allows punk to regain title at wm and turns heal)

with all of this cash being made on the WWE im shocked noone took over and made this come back to life

With Authority the pc card based game.... man i loved that game back in 2000 and 2001 and 2002 too bad that would not be taken over and come back out
WOOOO I STINK

#236 mykevermin

mykevermin

Queen of Scotland

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2013 - 03:34 PM

WWE uploaded The Shield's latest theme to iTunes.. people have already taken it, added arena effects and uploaded it to YouTube.. time to update my WWE '13 themes. Here's the one w/ arena effects

neat-o. anyway to d/l that without the first 0:08 at all? Seems rather superfluous to include.
Posted Image

#237 JStryke

JStryke

Angel With A Shotgun

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2013 - 03:40 PM

neat-o. anyway to d/l that without the first 0:08 at all? Seems rather superfluous to include.

Not sure about downloading the theme without the beginning but there are free programs out there that can edit audio files.

card.png

#238 MisterModest

MisterModest

Custom User Title

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2013 - 05:01 PM

Spoilers regarding the Elimination Chamber, for #1 Contender to the World Heavyweight Title, made on Smackdown.

Spoiler

#239 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2013 - 05:05 PM

Laughs. Definitely worked for me.

For what it's worth, and because it's always much funnier once the joke is explained:
Alf
Sega Rally game over screen
Simpsons
CB4
Boondocks

Go forth in peace.

-----

Edit - Just read something about Steph dropping the "Levesque" name but in the same article they had office salaries for last year. Not surprised that Dunn makes more than HHH considering how long he has been there, but was surprised at how MUCH more.

I do often wonder if their shows would be any better if they got a fresh producer, rather than having that ass-kissing buck-toothed geek (credit: Jim Cornette) in there.

So is Johnny Ace completely gone then?

#240 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2013 - 05:07 PM

Spoilers regarding the Elimination Chamber, for #1 Contender to the World Heavyweight Title, made on Smackdown.

Spoiler

I thought that former U.S. Champion had been released?