The "Dear God, Take-Two, No More Yukes" Wrestling Thread

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
513 replies to this topic

#241 MisterModest

MisterModest

Custom User Title

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2013 - 05:22 PM

I thought that former U.S. Champion had been released?

Nope, just took some time off. Started wrestling house shows last month.

#242 HydroX

HydroX

Quintessential Studmuffin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2013 - 08:59 PM

CM Punk surprises the 77-year old man who was shot during a robbery, that claimed to the media that "the worst thing that happened this week was The Rock beating CM Punk at the Royal Rumble." CM Punk chimes in at 4:40. Audio only.

Spoiler

#243 Scorch

Scorch

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2013 - 09:15 PM

neat-o. anyway to d/l that without the first 0:08 at all? Seems rather superfluous to include.

Click through to Youtube, click "show more", click the link to download w/ arena effects.. adfly will load, skip the ad, click "download now" located to the right of the file description

the talk over the radio is part of their theme

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#244 mykevermin

mykevermin

Queen of Scotland

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2013 - 10:02 PM

thanks, scorch!
Posted Image

#245 HeroToTheMasses

HeroToTheMasses

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2013 - 10:13 PM

#246 Clak

Clak

Made of star stuff.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2013 - 11:07 PM

Kinda wondering why there are 3 random little girls in Rock's house.
Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that. -George Carlin

“Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.” -Mark Twain

“When a great genius appears in the world you may know him by this sign; that the dunces are all in confederacy against him." -Jonathon Swift

#247 Ultimate Matt X

Ultimate Matt X

Posted 02 February 2013 - 12:47 AM

Anyone getting the $5 Wrestling iPPV tonight?

#248 Spyder187

Spyder187

Scratch & Sniff!

• Banned

Posted 02 February 2013 - 03:38 AM

Kinda wondering why there are 3 random little girls in Rock's house.

Because Paul Heyman was visiting at CM Punk's house so there wasn't room for them there?
Posted Image

i added a link to more wang pics.

#249 diddy310

diddy310

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 February 2013 - 06:00 AM

Guys, Jack Swagger still exists..I've seen him...and he looks kinda bloated and burned out. His match with Kofi tonight was pretty good though.

#250 HeroToTheMasses

HeroToTheMasses

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 February 2013 - 04:34 PM

What I don't understand is when wrestlers get gimmicks like Tensai or 3MB, why don't they actually start to live the gimmick?

3MB should practice learning instruments and surprise the hell out of us. If Tensai is going to run with this dancing thing, shouldn't he just take dance lessons?

#251 HydroX

HydroX

Quintessential Studmuffin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 February 2013 - 05:45 PM

What I don't understand is when wrestlers get gimmicks like Tensai or 3MB, why don't they actually start to live the gimmick?

3MB should practice learning instruments and surprise the hell out of us. If Tensai is going to run with this dancing thing, shouldn't he just take dance lessons?

3MB is that of a faux band. They aren't supposed to play... it's the element of teasing that they are going to play....

What I don't understand is when Zen Davis comes back, and someone brings up Zen Davis, why does Zen Davis always disappear for a month or two, then make his triumphant return with an equally ludicrous post? Why don't they actually start to live the gimmick?

#252 mitch079

mitch079

Microsoft, trollin' like Doink on Crush.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 February 2013 - 06:19 PM

Sounds like he's sort of like Mr. Mxyzptlk, sees his name mentioned, and he goes back to the 5th Dimension for a few months.

And then there's the Earth-Zero version of Zen Davis, Pepsiman.

the_it_crowd_moss.jpgdefault.png

#253 Angry Man

Angry Man

REV-OH-LU-TION!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 February 2013 - 06:29 PM

Anyone order the National Pro Wrestling Day iPPV?

http://www.nationalp...estlingday.com/

New sig coming soon.

#254 mykevermin

mykevermin

Queen of Scotland

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 February 2013 - 06:30 PM

Nah. Was going to go to the afternoon card b/c it was 2 subway stops from my house and had another event around the corner from it today at 4 (so duh, of course I'd go). They then moved the venue to NE Philly, which is now a 25 minute drive plus parking. Kinda miffed they moved it.
Posted Image

#255 Angry Man

Angry Man

REV-OH-LU-TION!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 February 2013 - 06:36 PM

Good news is you get unlimited video on demand replay with the order. Thankful for that since I won't be able to watch the evening show live. Also dude 25 minute drive for a full day of (free) wrestling is nothing to sneeze at. ;)

New sig coming soon.

#256 mykevermin

mykevermin

Queen of Scotland

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 February 2013 - 06:52 PM

no, I hear you on that. but the original venue is in my neighborhood and I have other plans in my neighborhood today, so I was gonna try to squeeze a few matches in (the shows are free). Since they moved, it screwed that up. I'm not mad, just unable to make things work the way I want them to today.
Posted Image

#257 Purple Flames

Purple Flames

MC Sucka DJ

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 February 2013 - 09:39 PM

Watch it before youtube takes it down:

#258 HeroToTheMasses

HeroToTheMasses

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 February 2013 - 12:11 PM

The point was that they're saddled with terrible gimmicks and they needed to do something, anything, to make it more sufferable.

#259 The Great Muta

The Great Muta

Posted 03 February 2013 - 02:36 PM

Guys, Jack Swagger still exists..I've seen him...and he looks kinda bloated and burned out. His match with Kofi tonight was pretty good though.

Interesting that he won his return. But that's probably gonna lead to no where.

Sorta wish Swagger would have gone the MMA route. Looks like he has at least an 80-inch reach. Work hands, get takedowns. He's 6-feet 7-inches, degree in finance, and a former Division 1 wrestler. You would never know considering how WWE jobs him out to everyone. What a waste. They shotgun him to a world title and then drop him off the face of the earth. Sorta like Del Rio prior to his recent face-turn title run. Typical WWE.

Never been a fan of shoot interviews because they feel a little sleazy. Haven't seen many in all my years as a fan. Saw this in my YouTube recommendations in the sidebar for Kingston-Swagger. Shame that the biggest remaining wrasslin promotion has no interest in pro wrestling. I need to mix some ROH into the days when I catch-up with puro.

http://v.youku.com/v...YxMDg5Mzc2.html

Edited by Chase, 03 February 2013 - 02:55 PM.

#260 Genocidal

Genocidal

Summer of Punk

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 February 2013 - 03:34 PM

I haven't been a fan of the recent shirts, but this Cesaro shirt is nice. http://barbershopwin...switzerland.htm
x8uorcw.jpggenocidal.png
[img=http://steamsigs.com/steam.php?id=genocidal&pngimg=http://i.imgur.com/fLZMY.png&tborder=0.png

If I would go back in time, the one person in history I'd like to make tap out would have to be... Jesus

#261 Clak

Clak

Made of star stuff.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 February 2013 - 04:05 PM

I know I'm going to regret this, but what does a 5XL wrestling fan look like? Kinda reminded of that Gabriel Iglesias levels of fatness bit.
Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that. -George Carlin

“Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.” -Mark Twain

“When a great genius appears in the world you may know him by this sign; that the dunces are all in confederacy against him." -Jonathon Swift

#262 mykevermin

mykevermin

Queen of Scotland

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 February 2013 - 04:21 PM

Interesting that he won his return. But that's probably gonna lead to no where.

Nothing screams "creative has nothing for you" like jobbing for months, being taken off of tv to "reset" the character, and returning in *precisely* the same persona, look, etc. Perhaps we'll see "Jake Hager" in Aces and Eights by the end of the year.

They shotgun him to a world title and then drop him off the face of the earth. Sorta like Del Rio prior to his recent face-turn title run. Typical WWE.

Isn't this Del Rio's first WWE title run (right now)?
Posted Image

#263 Scorch

Scorch

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 February 2013 - 04:21 PM

I know I'm going to regret this, but what does a 5XL wrestling fan look like? Kinda reminded of that Gabriel Iglesias levels of fatness bit.

Spoiler

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#264 007

Areaologist

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 February 2013 - 04:34 PM

Nothing screams "creative has nothing for you" like jobbing for months, being taken off of tv to "reset" the character, and returning in *precisely* the same persona, look, etc. Perhaps we'll see "Jake Hager" in Aces and Eights by the end of the year.

Isn't this Del Rio's first WWE title run (right now)?

First WHC run.

Had the WWE title before. Twice, even. He's actually the one that Punk beat to start his reign, if I'm remembering correctly. It was during the whole Nash thing.

#265 mykevermin

mykevermin

Queen of Scotland

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 February 2013 - 04:38 PM

Oh, yikes. Does that make me a moron or WWE too cluttered?

I could see either argument. ;)
Posted Image

#266 Clak

Clak

Made of star stuff.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 February 2013 - 05:01 PM

How many total belts are there currently? Active at least, meaning they're still being won/lost.

#267 007

Areaologist

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 February 2013 - 05:05 PM

WWE, WHC, IC, US, Tag, Divas... so, 6?

That's just off the top of my head, so I could be wrong. That's actually less than I thought, but then I remembered that they combined the Tag and Women's belts a while back. Really, if they wanted to end the brand split once and for all, they'd only need to ditch the WHC and US titles, neither of which would be a huge loss.

#268 mykevermin

mykevermin

Queen of Scotland

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 February 2013 - 05:06 PM

Quick, no googling: name the last 5 tag team champions, in order, starting with the most recent!
Posted Image

#269 Clak

Clak

Made of star stuff.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 February 2013 - 05:12 PM

Last I serously paid attention to WWE product there were 3 belts I think, The championship belt(or whatever they actually called it back then), Intercontinental, and tag team.

#270 benjamouth

benjamouth

It's a Bobby Dazzler

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 February 2013 - 05:14 PM

Team Hell No
Prime Time Players
Team Carlitos brother
Kofi and Truth
Errrr Punjabi Playboy and Hornswoggle.

That's from someone who barely watches wrestling these days and is barely paying attention when he does, how'd I do ?

MST3K.gif

the+Woodmeister.pngr3jm5K2gQUCv3J-E0gqcBQ2.gif