Sleeping Dogs Pre-owned (PS3, X360) $17.99 *After $10 off @gamer & 10% off Unlocked*

htz

CAGiversary!
Staff member
Feedback
4 (100%)
iconxbox360.gif
iconps3.gif
Sleeping Dogs Pre-owned $29.99 / $17.99*
*$10 off any pre-owned game $29.99+ @gamer coupon and 10% off unlocked membership required, in-store only.

More pre-owned deals of the week...

I bought this at full price, and have no regrets.

This was my most played game of 2012.

I hope this game did well enough for them to make another.

[quote name='jiggyteddy']I bought this at full price, and have no regrets.

This was my most played game of 2012.

I hope this game did well enough for them to make another.[/QUOTE]

the game flopped badly in sales.

[quote name='YBX87']the game flopped badly in sales.[/QUOTE]
I remember their launch week sales were quite respectable considering they went up against Darksiders II.

I stopped following after that first few weeks, and hoped for the best. Their twitter account is quite active still. I throw praise at them every now and then.

[quote name='CheapAssHustla']After seeing the PC price for $6, the CAG in me won't let me buy this just yet. Is the DLC worth it?[/QUOTE]

DLC for this game isn't worth it, just skins and some challenge missions. Game is definitely worth $17.99 though.

[quote name='TheHelix']DLC for this game isn't worth it, just skins and some challenge missions. Game is definitely worth $17.99 though.[/QUOTE]

not the mention the quality of used games from bestbuy, almost like new games. If i can find one with the complete cover art, i will buy it

[quote name='jiggyteddy']I remember their launch week sales were quite respectable considering they went up against Darksiders II.

I stopped following after that first few weeks, and hoped for the best. Their twitter account is quite active still. I throw praise at them every now and then.[/QUOTE]

look where darksiders II is now, THQ is out of business, the developing company Vigil might be too

[quote name='YBX87']look where darksiders II is now, THQ is out of business, the developing company Vigil might be too[/QUOTE]
Um yeah I wasn't talking about right now obviously.

My comment was referring to the launch period when these 2 games were competing for attention.

Such a sick friggin game! The fact that this did not sell that well is a travesty. It got the GTA clone treatment and that is a shame. The game is similar yes, but similar in the same way that Batman and Spiderman are. I liked it way more than GTA 4.

I would love to see a revamped version with extra content on the Wii U. I would buy it again for sure. I only paid $30 during the TRU Buy 2 for $60 sale earlier this year and felt I got a sick deal then! $60 for this and Darksiders 2 was the best deal of the year for me! Screw the used copy Buy a new one so they can make a next-gen sequel!

[quote name='CheapAssHustla']After seeing the PC price for $6, the CAG in me won't let me buy this just yet. Is the DLC worth it?[/QUOTE]
I couldn't remember when it was $6 on the PC?
Anyways, I definitely recommend getting this for the PC.

[quote name='TooPoor']I couldn't remember when it was $6 on the PC?[/QUOTE]
It was $12 with $6 credit back or $4 cash back at GMG during the winter sale period. There was also a price glitch on Steam when it was $5 for 30 minutes.

[quote name='brewin']Such a sick friggin game! The fact that this did not sell that well is a travesty. It got the GTA clone treatment and that is a shame. The game is similar yes, but similar in the same way that Batman and Spiderman are. I liked it way more than GTA 4.

I would love to see a revamped version with extra content on the Wii U. I would buy it again for sure. I only paid $30 during the TRU Buy 2 for $60 sale earlier this year and felt I got a sick deal then! $60 for this and Darksiders 2 was the best deal of the year for me! Screw the used copy Buy a new one so they can make a next-gen sequel![/QUOTE]

I think this is the first time anyone has ever clamored for a Wii U port. That system is nothing but ports. And then you say we should pay $30 for it instead of $18 - nearly double. This ain't Rich Ass Gamers!

[quote name='Lemstar']It was $12 with $6 credit back or $4 cash back at GMG during the winter sale period. There was also a price glitch on Steam when it was $5 for 30 minutes.[/QUOTE]
Ah thanks, I must have missed the 30 minutes :(
Got it for more than $6, CAG fail.

[quote name='TooPoor']Ah thanks, I must have missed the 30 minutes :(
Got it for more than $6, CAG fail.[/QUOTE]

just a warning, there is alot of bugs on the pc version

[quote name='YBX87']just a warning, there is alot of bugs on the pc version[/QUOTE]
I have only played the first 30 minutes, thanks for the heads up.

In-store price was $44.99, had to get them to match the $29.99, then accept the coupon, then force the 10% - a little more involved than I expected, but no real trouble. I usually let the used game coupons go to waste, so I'll have to keep an eye on the used games of the week deals in the future (beginning in March, I guess, since this was a Jan/Feb coupon).

[quote name='YBX87']just a warning, there is alot of bugs on the pc version[/QUOTE]

That's for sure. I got the $5 Steam version for PC, and some bugs were pretty annoying. My favorite one is the thug standing there dropping and picking up the crowbar. Clang! Clang! Clang! Over and over...

Still a fun game. Played it to completion. The driving "ram" was just plain weird, though...

[quote name='brewin']Such a sick friggin game! The fact that this did not sell that well is a travesty. It got the GTA clone treatment and that is a shame. The game is similar yes, but similar in the same way that Batman and Spiderman are. I liked it way more than GTA 4.

I would love to see a revamped version with extra content on the Wii U. I would buy it again for sure. I only paid $30 during the TRU Buy 2 for $60 sale earlier this year and felt I got a sick deal then! $60 for this and Darksiders 2 was the best deal of the year for me! Screw the used copy Buy a new one so they can make a next-gen sequel![/QUOTE]

Agreed. For me this game is probably my favorite sandbox game of all time. Mostly due to how they handled the combat and the setting.

[quote name='whitereflection']I think this is the first time anyone has ever clamored for a Wii U port. That system is nothing but ports. And then you say we should pay $30 for it instead of $18 - nearly double. This ain't Rich Ass Gamers![/QUOTE]

Nice one! But seriously, the Wii U has made me a believer. I dont care if its a port, just enhance it and add the DLC, slap a $40 retail price on it and boom... another good title on the system. Say what you will about the Wii U port "issues", but I love the system and would like some open world games on it. Im far from a fanboy, I just love games and the Wii U is a sick piece of hardware. Ive had plenty of time with mine and I dont have any issues with a lack of games on the system, I just want more of them. Who doesnt want more of a good thing? I like the idea of having a whole screen dedicated to the map and menus in my hands that I can use in real-time. I would get rid of my copy of Skyrim on 360 if I could have a Wii U port with all the DLC. That game would be great for the gamepad! Any game with lots of menu trudging would be great for the gamepad. Nintendo is on to something here and Im sure it will be copied by both Sony and MS.

Sleeping Dogs thpough, greta game that could be introduced to a whole new market of gamers with a Wii U release and I think Square owes it to the developers to put this on as many platforms as possible to get the word out so they can possibly make a sequel! There are also some buigs that could be worked out and such. A win-win in my book.

According to this PlayStation article, Sleeping Dogs will be added to the Instant Game Collection! Even though I just bought the game, I'm not mad about it because I can download the game and play it on my couch!

[quote name='CheapAssHustla']According to this PlayStation article, Sleeping Dogs will be added to the Instant Game Collection! Even though I just bought the game, I'm not mad about it because I can download the game and play it on my couch![/QUOTE]

Nice!

EDIT: Wait, that's just for Europe?

Hey guys, just a heads up - as one poster said previously, this is kinda YMMV. Just got back from my local BB (Wilmington, NC), and was pretty much shut down on this deal. Cashier and manager confirmed that that coupon was not applicable with the online price match (they consider it a "bestbuy.com" purchase since it was a PM). Also, they couldn't/wouldn't get my Rewardzone 10% to go through either. Been wanting this game for less than $30, so not a total wash, but wasn't expecting to have quite so much trouble. I was also told they are apparently sold out of Dead Space 3 preorders, so I may have just had bad luck with that cashier/manager combo. Anyway, good luck guys.

[quote name='obsolete88']Hey guys, just a heads up - as one poster said previously, this is kinda YMMV. Just got back from my local BB (Wilmington, NC), and was pretty much shut down on this deal. Cashier and manager confirmed that that coupon was not applicable with the online price match (they consider it a "bestbuy.com" purchase since it was a PM). Also, they couldn't/wouldn't get my Rewardzone 10% to go through either. Been wanting this game for less than $30, so not a total wash, but wasn't expecting to have quite so much trouble. I was also told they are apparently sold out of Dead Space 3 preorders, so I may have just had bad luck with that cashier/manager combo. Anyway, good luck guys.[/QUOTE]

Something I plan to try eventually is order something like this online for the full price, then go right over to the CS counter, return it and then re-buy it to use the coupon. No idea if that's an ironclad process but someone else mentioned it earlier and it seemed worth a shot.

[quote name='Dranakin'] Wait, that's just for Europe?[/QUOTE]

Yes.

Also, for anyone with a Vita, is it worth getting Uncharted for $20? I have PS+, but I only have a 16GB with 2.6GB left. I want to delete my digital copy to make room for Ninja Giden.

Just started playing this game last night and am having a blast. I generally don't like sandbox games, but so far, I'm liking this game far more than DmC.

My favorite parts about the game are the fact that they actually use a large Chinese cast that speak Cantonese and not a weird mix of Cantonese and Taiwanese Mandarin like a lot of games/movies/tv shows do(much better than RE6 too), they actually get the swearing right, and the overall immersion with the setting and NPCs. Only Red Dead Redemption did it better, but this is a close second. Gameplay is pretty damn fun too. I wish I knew it was this great to begin with so I could've bought it on release day. Well worth the $60 and an absolute steal for under $20 if you can get it at that price. I paid $30 on BF.

[quote name='Dranakin']Nice!

EDIT: Wait, that's just for Europe?[/QUOTE]

Sorry for that post. :( It was early when I posted that. Anyways we get Ninja Gaiden Sigma Plus! That's awesome! Speaking of 10% unlocked, I found a mint used copy of Heavenly Sword at Best Buy, and it was $9.XX after discount. I love this game so much!

lol now that people are saying the store doesn't reflect the online price, I'm almost certain that I won't get it down to below $20.

bread's done
Back