Gamestop Re-Fun Your Refund sale ad Jan. 27-Feb. 2

• Please log in to reply
68 replies to this topic

#31 therealdanhill

therealdanhill

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 January 2013 - 05:21 PM

You can file now, but nothing will be processed until the 30th. I filed last week and hope for it to come by the second week of February!

I don't get the decision to not have a GameCube disc reader on the system. Is it just to resell GCN games as eShop downloads later? Is it to keep the cost down? I can't imagine adding GameCube BC would cost a lot of money.

Posted Image

#32 harry hood

harry hood

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 January 2013 - 05:25 PM

theres no pick up in store/search availability option for bully on 360, guess i'll have to stop into my local store and see if they can track down a copy for me

#33 strait edge follower

strait edge follower

Cult of personality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 January 2013 - 06:12 PM

guys dont forget that the birthday coupon code posted by that user is good till late febuary. that 20% off plus the 10% pur discount should help make these used prices to more of your liking :)
Currently playing
:ps4: strider, blacklight retribution, mlb 14, lego marvel, the transistor, assassins creed black flag :wiiu: new super mario bros u, zelda ww hd

games recently beaten: :ps4: contrast, watch dogs, infamous second son, killzone shadowfall, murdered soul suspect :wiiu: donkey kong tropical freeze

690739.png

#34 xxgusionxx

xxgusionxx

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 27 January 2013 - 06:15 PM

Used PS Vita and 8 GB memory card for $189.99 in store, good deal? I just recent starting looking for ps vita to buy to play some games i want to play...

#35 thebytewasbit

thebytewasbit

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 January 2013 - 06:51 PM

Sounds like several posters on CAG....

LOL I know... I bought 2 original 360 systems with no cables for $15 at the flea market and asked what all was needed to trade in the system and after telling me goes "how else are you gonna play any games right?".

I fucking hate when retail treats customers like they are all morons is all.

#36 darkvulture

darkvulture

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 January 2013 - 07:03 PM

Sleeping Dogs on PC has been much cheaper in various sales, typically $10-$15, while also going for less than $5 on a Steam pricing error. It's $20 on Steam right now for the Square Enix weekend sale, with the chance of being lower as a daily in that sale this evening.

The D&D Ultimate Collection is an awesome price for what's in it.

Edit: $39.99 is actually the new msrp on Sleeping Dogs PC.

This. The people that are getting their refunds already are typically the people that don't pay any taxes anyway and are eager to spend more money they didn't earn.

me and my wife earned our money we claim are student loans and everything and both work full-time and we own a home

yeah we have not even got our w2 yet dumb sale timing . and when we get our refund bank is where its going with last years refund
I HAVE NO PEERS OR EQUALS ONLY ENEMIES AND FOLLOWERS

#37 Alucard0x

Alucard0x

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 27 January 2013 - 08:26 PM

That vita deal might have been nice. But I just got the 3ds xl.

#38 superman1180

superman1180

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 January 2013 - 09:07 PM

I wonder if a pm would be possible with the far cry 3/ghost recon deal? Probably not if it's online only... hmmm..

#39 Gamer SDP

Gamer SDP

not much of a gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 January 2013 - 09:16 PM

I wonder how that spend $50 thing works. What if I have a preordered paid off already and pick up during the promo?

#40 Mafiacrooks

Mafiacrooks

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 January 2013 - 09:36 PM

Just as a heads up, for the 320gb PS3 bundle, most of them are brand new PS3's that are repackaged as Used.

I know this because I work at GS and have sold a couple of them, came to the back room one day to find a stack of these. My theory is that they are part of the 320gb Slims, that were discontinued as soon as the new superslim came out. They have original bags and even instruction manual, so its a very good deal.

#41 LVBeto

LVBeto

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 January 2013 - 10:47 PM

Buy Far Cry 3 at $59.99, get Ghost Recon (new) for free

Does anyone know if its the Future Soldier that you get? I might jump on this if it is but if its Advanced Warfighter, then no thanks.

I looked on the gamestop website and did not see any details about this deal.

#42 crimsonassassin

crimsonassassin

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 January 2013 - 10:48 PM

What DRM does the D&D games use?

#43 Drclaw411

Drclaw411

I miss Cartoon Orbit

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 January 2013 - 10:54 PM

I like GameStop and Amazon.

#44 LVBeto

LVBeto

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 January 2013 - 10:54 PM

Does anyone know if its the Future Soldier that you get? I might jump on this if it is but if its Advanced Warfighter, then no thanks.

OK, I answered my own question, it is indeed Future Soldier. Very tempting. Thanks for the heads up.

#45 smokeyp31

smokeyp31

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 January 2013 - 11:00 PM

Does Gamestop gives free extended warranty when buying a used Ps3?

#46 oregon

oregon

CAG Collector

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 January 2013 - 11:19 PM

I'm not hating on you for posting these deals, first and foremost, if that's what it seems like. Maybe I haven't seen Bully for that price, but isn't it regularly just $24.99? Witcher 2 may not be on sale for cheaper now, but it's been as low as $10 at Best Buy.

It's also been 10$ new at GS. 24.99 used is so far from a good deal, i dont even know what to say to that other guy.

#47 harry hood

harry hood

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 January 2013 - 11:20 PM

my local gamestop had a near mint copy of bully for the 360 which included the map. awesome

#48 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 January 2013 - 11:22 PM

Might pick up Bully, still can't seem to find my PS2 version of the game and have had a hankering to revisit one of the best games I've ever played.

If you want the PS2 version in 480 i/p and no trophies it can be downloaded for $10 on PSN.

Bully: scholarship edition for the xbox 360 is currently 14.99 pre-owned at best buy. I just hate buying used games from GameStop or best buy for that matter since condition is such a crapshoot, but I have had far worse luck with GameStop.

Wow I didn't know it was that cheap at BB, but all the BB in STL have very small used game sections. My GS I shop at just had 10 copies sent to them, most they've ever had at once.

I bought Bully for $10 on Xbox Live a few weeks ago.

I was talking about disc versions, not download. I got it for $10 then also.

I'll update the OP to clarify about it being Future Soldier. If you click on one of the deal links on gamestop.com, it goes to this ad, that's how I had the list to type up.

I also removed the Sleeping Dogs PC download as I didn't realize that was its new MSRP. Sorry I don't know how to make a bulleted list.

Edited by MSUHitman, 28 January 2013 - 12:00 AM.

Listen to the Checkmate Arcade video game podcast! Also available on ITunes & Stitcher Radio
42869.png

#49 starmask2k3

starmask2k3

CAG MASTER'S

• Trading Ban

Posted 27 January 2013 - 11:24 PM

U forgot the B2G1 free on used games

#50 jthieme

jthieme

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 January 2013 - 11:24 PM

I find it hilarious that they're having a weekend "spend your tax return" sale weeks before anyone will get their refund.

How about us poor suckers who owe the IRS? Does that mean I can sell GS my stuff for too much money? But actually if you efile and choose direct deposit it doesn't take all that long to get a refund anymore.

#51 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 January 2013 - 11:25 PM

Witcher is 29.99 new at bb. Not cheaper but just fyi.

It's that price at GS new also.

Listen to the Checkmate Arcade video game podcast! Also available on ITunes & Stitcher Radio
42869.png

#52 Preedatore

Preedatore

Hamburger Thread

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 January 2013 - 11:58 PM

What DRM does the D&D games use?

All are DRM free save for NWN 2, which uses Securom with unlimited activations. The client is only needed to download the games and doesn't act as an extra level of DRM.

Thanks to asheskitty for doing the research.

#53 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2013 - 12:02 AM

U forgot the B2G1 free on used games

There is no B2G1F on used games nationwide, except on PS2. Your store may have been doing one just for the weekend.

42869.png

#54 Zombiekillz9

Zombiekillz9

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2013 - 12:30 AM

Great deals - i plan on taking advantage of the wii game, get 1/2 off 2nd so that i play all the wii games that i have missed out on so far, and in for a copy of Bully
Thanks OP!
Posted Image

"The spell is nearly complete! The demon king returns!" - Ghirahim, Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword, 2011 :applause:

#55 nadohawk

nadohawk

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2013 - 03:25 AM

When's the last time you've seen Bully or Witcher 2 XBox 360 disc versions for that price? Many of those PC downloads are also around the same as sale prices on Steam/Origin. Getting a free game with a full MSRP purchase of Far Cry 3 is also not the worst thing in the world.

Just wanted to post some other GS deals for those w/GameStop credit.

Got Witcher 2 for 10 dollars at Bestbuy.
1 John 1:7,9
But if we walk in the light, as He is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus, his Son, purifies us from all sin. If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness.

#56 Vinny

Vinny

Bang, bang... pew...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2013 - 03:35 AM

There is no B2G1F on used games nationwide, except on PS2. Your store may have been doing one just for the weekend.

Wait, there's a B2G1F on PS2 games?

Currently playing: 

:wiiu: Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD - :D 

:vita: Uncharted: Golden Abyss - :) 

:ps3: Zone of the Enders HD - :)

fyreboltx.png
║My Tradelists: Games, Guides & Game Related Goodies║Wantlist║

#57 Psybuster

Psybuster

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2013 - 03:57 AM

Needle in the haystack is definitely the D&D Collection.

#58 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2013 - 04:12 AM

Wait, there's a B2G1F on PS2 games?

My store has been doing it since Christmas. Maybe it's only select stores?

42869.png

#59 starmask2k3

starmask2k3

CAG MASTER'S

• Trading Ban

Posted 28 January 2013 - 04:40 AM

They are when this goes live

#60 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2013 - 05:13 PM

They are when this goes live

These prices were live Sunday and no B2G1F going on, except for PS2.