Jump to content



Photo
- - - - -

Fire in Brazil nightclub kills over 200 people last night


  • Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 detectiveconan16

detectiveconan16

    Look at that deal. It's so great!

  • CAGiversary!

Posted 27 January 2013 - 04:08 PM

http://www.bbc.co.uk.../world-21220308
According to the BBC, a fire broke out last night in nightclub Kiss in Santa Maria, Rio Grande do Sul. It started when the band decided to set off fireworks and the situation was made worse because the security guards locked the doors. Most of the victims died from smoke inhalation.

They are saying this is the worst tragedy in a public venue in the country in decades.

Condolences to the victims and their family.

Batsugunner.png


#2 QiG

QiG

    I'm all out of gum..

  • CAGiversary!

Posted 27 January 2013 - 05:26 PM

Wow.. absolutely horrible. That's about half of the attendance there. I wonder how similar to the Great White tragedy several years back this was.. that place went completely up in about 45 seconds.
Posted Image

#3 Ced

Ced

    Monster Hustler

  • CAGiversary!

Posted 27 January 2013 - 07:57 PM

Fireworks indoors in a confined area is simply a bad idea. Terrible news.

#4 irideabike

irideabike

Posted 27 January 2013 - 08:01 PM

ban fire.

There are no shortcuts. No do-overs. What happened, happened. Trust me. I know. All of this matters.

Madden 13 SB Champ in the CAG gentleman's league.


#5 GBAstar

GBAstar

    CAGiversary!

  • CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2013 - 06:06 AM

Wow.. absolutely horrible. That's about half of the attendance there. I wonder how similar to the Great White tragedy several years back this was.. that place went completely up in about 45 seconds.


Uh no. By all accounts there were many more then 400 people there. I've seen reports that stated over 900 and the building had a capacity of 2,000.

It's also important to note that most who died died from smoke inhalation and not from being burned.

It's also important to note that in Brazil typically you pay for your drinks before leaving and not at the time of being served so initially patrons were not being allowed to leave from the single exit (that's the main problem---building did NOT have multiple exit points) by bar security because security didn't realize there was a problem.

#6 NinjaPenguin777

NinjaPenguin777

Posted 28 January 2013 - 02:37 PM

Don't most people die from smoke inhalation in a fire anyway? How does it make it important?

Formerly known as slickkill77


#7 Finger_Shocker

Finger_Shocker

    CAG Veteran

  • CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2013 - 07:11 AM

Fire works in a confined closed room..... Bright

#8 QiG

QiG

    I'm all out of gum..

  • CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2013 - 11:35 PM

Uh no. By all accounts there were many more then 400 people there. I've seen reports that stated over 900 and the building had a capacity of 2,000.


Initial reports/articles had it wrong, thanks.
Posted Image