Photo
- - - - -

Ni No Kuni Guide at Amazon for $23.xx

• Please log in to reply
132 replies to this topic

#61 JCrichton

JCrichton

Posted 29 January 2013 - 12:10 AM

same just got home from work wanting get it but scalpers wanting $50 ..... right

If people are buying at that price there is no issue. All they can do it ask people to pay a certain price. No one is twisting any arms to force a purchase.

#62 PancakesAreLove

PancakesAreLove

Posted 29 January 2013 - 12:24 AM

same just got home from work wanting get it but scalpers wanting $50 ..... right

If you guys can wait I'm pretty sure there will be quite a few CAGs who will sell their guide pretty cheap.

New Years backlog completed: 14/100

EIPsyCongroo.png

#63 Poor2More

Poor2More

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2013 - 12:29 AM

For those who cant purchased because sold out or just not interested in the guide...

I have a Golden Hurley DLC code for sale, looking for $10 Amazon credit, PM me if interested, thanks!
Posted Image

#64 imacjenn

imacjenn

Posted 29 January 2013 - 01:25 AM

If people are buying at that price there is no issue. All they can do it ask people to pay a certain price. No one is twisting any arms to force a purchase.

And technically, retail on the guide is $40 - that's what you'd pay at Gamestop or Best Buy, Target, etc. So asking $50 for it isn't really unreasonable... it's only that they are asking that on Amazon, who sells it cheaper (if in stock).

What I find hilarious are the people selling used copies on amazon for $122-$140. lolz

#65 Kay_Faraday

Kay_Faraday

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2013 - 01:47 AM

back again. says in stock feb 1

#66 chunlirocks

chunlirocks

Posted 29 January 2013 - 01:53 AM

back again. says in stock feb 1

Thanks

Got a back up just in case
:joystick: CERTIFIED GRADE A VIDIOT:joystick:

IN MY CONSOLES - NOW PLAYING:
:ps3: BLAZBLUE and DEMON's SOULS
:360: MUSHIHIMESAMA FUTARI 1. 5
:ps2: EVERBLUE 2
:wii: METROID PRIME TRILOGY
:psp: Field Commander
:xbox: XYANIDE

#67 JCrichton

JCrichton

Posted 29 January 2013 - 02:05 AM

And technically, retail on the guide is $40 - that's what you'd pay at Gamestop or Best Buy, Target, etc. So asking $50 for it isn't really unreasonable... it's only that they are asking that on Amazon, who sells it cheaper (if in stock).

Exactly. It went against every bone in my body but I actually ended up getting it at GS when I picked up the game on launch day. With the GS discount it was ~$35 when I knew I could get it for less. But I'd have to wait and I was going right home to play it. I wanted it for the familiar charts and items lists right then and there so I "overpaid."

#68 CrusherX

CrusherX

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2013 - 02:09 AM

Had a page refresher refresh every 20 seconds for a few minutes and finally just got a copy ordered when it became available!
Posted Image

What is this "play" you speak of? I thought these were nothing but decorative boxes to line my shelves with.

It's something I used to do a long time ago...then I found cag.

#69 lamuh13

lamuh13

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2013 - 02:59 AM

Saw it was in stock and I was about to order one...
but it was gone after I logged in...damn... :/

#70 MrSmiley1

MrSmiley1

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2013 - 04:26 AM

I got sick of missing out every time it restocked. I just ordered it from Barnes & Noble for $23.52.

http://www.barnesand...n=9780307895981

It is $3.99 for shipping unless you spend a total of $25 before tax (marketplace purchases do not count) or are BN member. Either way, it is better than paying full price.

#71 Prison Mike

Prison Mike

Don't Drop The Soap

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2013 - 04:28 AM

Shows available for pickup at my local B&N store at full retail price $40. Called them and it appears they don't price match their own website.

#72 Hiroshou

Hiroshou

You bred Raptors!?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2013 - 04:42 AM

back in stock for $23.99, it let me add the limit of 80 to my cart so there are quite a few left.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#73 Hammer.exe

Hammer.exe

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2013 - 04:43 AM

Nevermind, it's back in. It keeps going in and out of stock, odd...

#74 Sir_Fragalot

Sir_Fragalot

wants Startropics 3.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2013 - 04:43 AM

I got sick of missing out every time it restocked. I just ordered it from Barnes & Noble for $23.52.

http://www.barnesand...n=9780307895981

It is $3.99 for shipping unless you spend a total of $25 before tax (marketplace purchases do not count) or are BN member. Either way, it is better than paying full price.

Just a heads up. Not that it's a huge deal for me, but it might be for some people. Got my guide from B&N.com and it was dented on the front/back covers. Like right at the corners of the book covers and the spine where the cover's meet. Nothing major, but for some people who need pristine condition, keep it in mind. Ships in a cardboard sleeve type thing but it's pretty crappy for keeping books 100% safe.
Posted Image
"Mega Man 9 isn't hard, you're just not paying attention." -KingBroly

#75 MrSmiley1

MrSmiley1

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2013 - 04:44 AM

You can skip what I said earlier about BN if you want your guide any time soon. I just got my shipping confirmation. It says it will not ship until 2/18. I have yet to get the game so I can wait. Maybe the game will go on sale between now and then.

#76 dilemna

dilemna

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2013 - 04:58 AM

Got mine already for $21. I'm sure they'll get more

#77 Kay_Faraday

Kay_Faraday

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2013 - 05:14 AM

You can skip what I said earlier about BN if you want your guide any time soon. I just got my shipping confirmation. It says it will not ship until 2/18. I have yet to get the game so I can wait. Maybe the game will go on sale between now and then.

Did you place your order when it said 'ships within 24 hours'?

#78 addicted2games

addicted2games

游戏玩家为生活 !!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2013 - 05:24 AM

I ordered the guide from B&N on the 24th and got it today (4 days, would have been yesterday if it wasn't Sunday). So I had no problems with them.

#79 MrSmiley1

MrSmiley1

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2013 - 06:31 AM

Did you place your order when it said 'ships within 24 hours'?

I swore I did but I guess not. But again, it really doesn't matter to me since I don't have the game yet. I am just glad I got it at a halfway decent price.

#80 RCizzle65

RCizzle65

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2013 - 11:13 AM

Wow, didn't know these were so rare, I was eyeing the guide a few days ago too, would have bought it if I knew they were gonna run out soon.

#81 Blaster man

Blaster man

Posted 29 January 2013 - 11:52 AM

The resell prices on this guide seem to be rising.

#82 blinknot4

blinknot4

Posted 29 January 2013 - 01:35 PM

Just seems most retailers are having trouble keeping this and the actual game in stock. Currently Amazon has the game at a 1-3 week ship estimate. Still so fresh and new.

Dill The Noise.

471350.png

#83 canuckcollector

canuckcollector

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2013 - 04:09 PM

if someone still looking for this guide ,i found it here for 27$ with free shipping :)

http://www.bookdepos...s/9780307895981

BTW they shipping it on 7 of February ,so if u don't mind to wait then that's a good and cheap place to get it :)

Does anyone know if the DLC included in this works region free? Or at least work in US, not Europe?

#84 Marauder7

Marauder7

FF14 Addict

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2013 - 09:19 PM

Does anyone know if the DLC included in this works region free? Or at least work in US, not Europe?

I'm pretty sure it said NA only when I went to redeem my code
Posted ImagePosted Image

#85 Dormin

Dormin

Mogwai Fear Satan!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2013 - 09:21 PM

I saw >10 copies of the game at Best Buy and Target today. my guide shipped out last night

Kamagii.png

#86 Nailbunny

Nailbunny

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2013 - 09:23 PM

Amazon just shipped my order. Originally, it was said to be out of stock until 2/1, so they must have gotten their supply a few days early. Now I'll have it on 1/31.

#87 Kenshindono

Kenshindono

I'm on a Boat!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2013 - 09:09 AM

Hmm.. so whats going on with Amazon. Sounds like a lot of you didn't get your copy? I ordered mine a bit late: on the 20th but it didn't mention anything about shipping delays. I still have not recieved a shipping update or anything. Would it be better to just buy one at BBY or Gamestop? Are we getting it any time soon? I planned on playing it once i got my Wizard edition but wanted the guide for the code in it
My massive game collection list: (work in progress, pain in the butt getting it all entered)
\-Clicky Here-\

#88 Veridis_Quo

Veridis_Quo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2013 - 09:19 AM

I ordered mine on the 17th and just got my shipping notice.

#89 granturismo

granturismo

Posted 30 January 2013 - 09:51 AM

I ordered two weeks ago and have still received no update on it.

#90 Sophita

Sophita

CCO Coconut Company

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2013 - 10:34 AM

I ordered two weeks ago and have still received no update on it.

Same still just says estimated date is February 7/8th. I can't believe I am hyped for a game that has already been released :D
Posted Image