Ni No Kuni Guide at Amazon for $23.xx

• Please log in to reply
132 replies to this topic

#91 Krystal109

Krystal109

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2013 - 10:41 AM

Can anyone confirm the the guide has incorrect info, such as incorrect Shop Listings?

#92 devincenzi

devincenzi

Posted 30 January 2013 - 10:44 AM

Mine shipped today. Now to wait for info on those Digital River reparation guides. Has anyone heard anything new about those? I'm not holding my breath.

#93 TopsideKracker

TopsideKracker

...doomy doomy doomy...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2013 - 10:47 AM

Just a heads up. Not that it's a huge deal for me, but it might be for some people. Got my guide from B&N.com and it was dented on the front/back covers. Like right at the corners of the book covers and the spine where the cover's meet. Nothing major, but for some people who need pristine condition, keep it in mind. Ships in a cardboard sleeve type thing but it's pretty crappy for keeping books 100% safe.

Mine was sent in a box with air packs. Still a lot of wiggle room in the box, but the book arrived in perfect shape. Guess it just depends on who is packing your order.

#94 bob330i

bob330i

just lookin'

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2013 - 03:43 PM

I ordered last week. It was originally delayed until 7/8th but got the shipping notice on Monday for Friday arrival. Going to return the one I bought at GS. Saved $10.

#95 Blaster man

Blaster man

Posted 30 January 2013 - 04:28 PM

Someone on the NB forum said that NB told them that the guide is sold out and that they have to do a special/new printing to get the free copies out. Given that, I doubt we will see this come into stock many more times.

#96 YBX87

YBX87

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2013 - 05:03 PM

Someone on the NB forum said that NB told them that the guide is sold out and that they have to do a special/new printing to get the free copies out. Given that, I doubt we will see this come into stock many more times.

so are you implying it maybe rare, and hard to find?

#97 Sir_Fragalot

Sir_Fragalot

wants Startropics 3.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2013 - 05:37 PM

so are you implying it maybe rare, and hard to find?

I would assume so. Hardcover guides usually are on the rarer side/limited quantities. I wouldn't be shocked if they decide to do a non hardcover printing of it. Just regular guide standards, because well lets just say this guide is saving me lots of time trying to find everything.
Posted Image
"Mega Man 9 isn't hard, you're just not paying attention." -KingBroly

#98 Jeatsee

Jeatsee

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2013 - 05:51 PM

got my guide from amazon yesterday. it seems great. very happy with it

#99 AwRy108

AwRy108

Posted 30 January 2013 - 06:26 PM

got my guide from amazon yesterday. it seems great. very happy with it

Any idea where the PSN code for the DLC familiar is located at?

#100 buckythekat

buckythekat

dv8 King of Concerns

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2013 - 06:44 PM

it's on the reverse side of the paper on the back cover

#101 Gamer SDP

Gamer SDP

not much of a gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2013 - 06:45 PM

I haven't opened my guide yet but am pretty sure the back of the guide (where the barcode and isbn is) is piece of glossy paper. The code should be on there, but you probably have to redeem it at Prima's website.

#102 Sir_Fragalot

Sir_Fragalot

wants Startropics 3.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2013 - 06:46 PM

I haven't opened my guide yet but am pretty sure the back of the guide (where the barcode and isbn is) is piece of glossy paper. The code should be on there, but you probably have to redeem it at Prima's website.

That's it.
Posted Image
"Mega Man 9 isn't hard, you're just not paying attention." -KingBroly

#103 mbrown3

mbrown3

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2013 - 06:56 PM

This is the first guide I've ever bought. Generally I have zero interest in them. But I must say this guide is pretty awesome. Lots of helpful info, and NNK is the kind of game that I'm interested in reading about even when I'm not playing it. Rare for me. Happy I picked it up.

#104 AwRy108

AwRy108

Posted 30 January 2013 - 07:06 PM

Whelp, so much for the DLC--I threw that piece of paper out with the trash days ago. Oh well, the game is still absolutely incredible, and there's so much to do that there's hardly a need for DLC.

#105 mbrown3

mbrown3

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2013 - 07:15 PM

Whelp, so much for the DLC--I threw that piece of paper out with the trash days ago. Oh well, the game is still absolutely incredible, and there's so much to do that there's hardly a need for DLC.

LOL. Sorry, that sucks. It's not that great of a familiar anyway. Kind of crappy, actually. The one from Amazon is actually awesome. This one, not so much.

#106 lurkingsalt

lurkingsalt

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2013 - 08:55 PM

Mine just arrive today. Good condition except for one ding on the tip of the front cover. I consider this lucky after reading what happened to so many Zelda Hystoria books. Man this thing is pretty hefty.

#107 Edzo04

Edzo04

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2013 - 08:58 PM

Mine just arrive today. Good condition except for one ding on the tip of the front cover. I consider this lucky after reading what happened to so many Zelda Hystoria books. Man this thing is pretty hefty.

i ordered this guide with hyrule historia and they shipped together today. i really hope they arent damaged. thankfully i have a near flawless LE of historia already so i wont be too upset about my standard.

#108 Neuropod

Neuropod

Fine work, skeleton!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2013 - 09:23 PM

Ordered on the 26th, shipped today, should arrive on Saturday. Can't wait!

No price adjustment though...paid $23.52. Guess I'm cheap enough to contact support about it. :lol:

#109 shivan128

shivan128

CAG at heart

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2013 - 09:27 PM

LOL. Sorry, that sucks. It's not that great of a familiar anyway. Kind of crappy, actually. The one from Amazon is actually awesome. This one, not so much.

which one came with the Amazon pre-order?

edaa9c273976.png

My tradelist: http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=301364

Currently Playing:  :vita: Dragon Fantasy book 2, :3ds: Azure Striker Gunvolt, :360: N/A, :ps3: N/A, :ps4: Diablo 3, :wiiu: Hyrule Warriors

#110 Nailbunny

Nailbunny

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2013 - 09:28 PM

For starting out as a book store, Amazon sure does pack their books like shit. I've had to send back so many TPBs for replacement because of damaged corners.

#111 Blaster man

Blaster man

Posted 30 January 2013 - 11:28 PM

Wow...Really?
http://www.ebay.com/...LH_Sold=1&rt=nc

#112 highoffcoffee496

highoffcoffee496

I gotta believe!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2013 - 11:38 PM

Wow...Really?
http://www.ebay.com/...LH_Sold=1&rt=nc

:fridge:
(\__/)
(='.'=)
This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
(")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.

Posted Image

#113 mbrown3

mbrown3

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2013 - 11:38 PM

which one came with the Amazon pre-order?

Griffy.

#114 Pixie Stix 88

Pixie Stix 88

Will Game 4 $$

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2013 - 11:56 PM

Mine came in perfect condition.

The only thing i am annoyed about is i called Amazon to confirm that i would get it for the $21 instead of $23.

But they still charged me $23.

501272.png

#115 mbrown3

mbrown3

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2013 - 12:05 AM

$10 says that DLC is will be available to everyone on the PSN store eventually. :P

Supposedly the Griffy and the Flutterby (from Best Buy) won't. Not sure about the Gold Hurly.

#116 Kaiser499

Kaiser499

Gaming Guru

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2013 - 12:21 AM

Mine came in perfect condition.

The only thing i am annoyed about is i called Amazon to confirm that i would get it for the $21 instead of $23.

But they still charged me $23.

Look for a reverse on your credit card, I saw one with a credit of $2.00 on mine before mine shipped.

Hir7Lx6.gif

Check Out My Gaming Stream

Kaiser499.png

#117 shadowkast

shadowkast

Lowball Ban

• Lowball Ban

Posted 31 January 2013 - 01:30 AM

Supposedly the Griffy and the Flutterby (from Best Buy) won't. Not sure about the Gold Hurly.

source, just wondering

#118 argyle

argyle

Posted 31 January 2013 - 01:49 AM

So, is this still going in & out of stock or is it pretty much gone now?

I ask because mine arrived today, wrapped in that crappy cardboard sleeve, dented, warped & with the back cover peeling off. Their crappy packaging combined with the weather today did it in (it was not left in the rain fyi, or even outside for any length of time since I was here when it was delivered). I went to do an exchange, but since they're out of stock they're only offering a refund.

The stupid thing is my Zelda book arrived on Monday in a proper box. #-o
Posted Image

#119 mbrown3

mbrown3

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2013 - 01:58 AM

source, just wondering

The folks in Japan, who said that neither of those are in the game, nor did certain retailer-specific DLC end up on the PSN, and supposedly there's some SCEA rep who confirmed that those two DLCs, at least, "there are no plans to offer those on PSN at any point." As for whom, or where I saw that, I really can't recall, so take with a grain of salt.

#120 boraaa

boraaa

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2013 - 03:34 AM

for people who have already received their guide from amazon, did you receive the amazon exclusive dlc when the shipment came? Was it emailed to you, or did you have to bug customer service about it? I appreciate your help! (mines scheduled to be delivered tomorrow, jan 31st)