Photo
- - - - -

Sunday Ad Video Game Deals (1/27 to 2/2) Xbox LIVE 12 Month Card $34.99 at Best Buy

• Please log in to reply
190 replies to this topic

#61 D0RC

D0RC

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 January 2013 - 09:22 PM

nice, I have some reward zone certs. to use now

Sweet, glad to know you could use certs!

#62 sassylaurie

sassylaurie

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 January 2013 - 10:43 PM

12 month XBL cards are selling at ~$45 on eBay right now. Even at this price point there's no sense on flipping once you factor in tax, fees, shipping, time, effort etc. It will just net you a profit of a buck or two.
You might even incur a loss. Since the the price will definitely drop some more once eBay gets saturated of these by baffoons keeping on undercutting each other by a penny lol. :D

Not to mention the risk is completely on the seller. If a dishonest buyer purchases one of these from you and simply says it did not work, you are out your $. All he has to do is send you back the card with delivery confirmation and Paypal will give him his $ back from your account while your stuck with a scratched off used Xbox Live card.

#63 JohnWayne

JohnWayne

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 January 2013 - 10:52 PM

So no trad-in bonus next week?

#64 leylines

leylines

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 January 2013 - 10:54 PM

Thanks OP I need another year.

#65 mcdaking84

mcdaking84

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2013 - 02:13 AM

does amazon ever price match xbl cards?

#66 Y2JerichoHALic55

Y2JerichoHALic55

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2013 - 02:22 AM

Will the $5 coupon that came in the mail work with the XBL card?

Edited by Y2JerichoHALic55, 25 January 2013 - 02:52 AM.

#67 Desousa93

Desousa93

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2013 - 05:32 AM

...or they assume (probably correctly) that no one has a flux capacitor. ;)

Either way, please don't mistake me for defending these lameass deals, however.

I'm there with you. These deals are just ass not cheap. Yet someone with low patience, or no bestbuy, or uniformed, or our favorite person to bag on, soccer moms, will go to target and buy these games. Target isn't going to stop having videogame "sales" just because somewhere else has done better.

#68 J7.

J7.

Posted 25 January 2013 - 05:36 AM

I don't play my 360 anymore but I'm tempted to pick up a Live card just so I can keep watching Netflix for a year.

Dude put all that XBL sub money toward a PS3, it has a better Netflix app.

#69 TimboSliceGB

TimboSliceGB

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2013 - 08:22 AM

Dude put all that XBL sub money toward a PS3, it has a better Netflix app.

PS3 NETFLIX app is complete garbage compared to 360 one lol they are not even close.

#70 TimboSliceGB

TimboSliceGB

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2013 - 08:24 AM

why would you flip xbox live 12 month cards? just about all the time some kind of retailer is selling them for 35-40 bucks. It's not like they are never this cheap.

#71 Chedeng88

Chedeng88

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2013 - 04:02 PM

why would you flip xbox live 12 month cards? just about all the time some kind of retailer is selling them for 35-40 bucks. It's not like they are never this cheap.

Post that question on SD.

#72 doc_j88

doc_j88

Posted 25 January 2013 - 04:08 PM

PS3 NETFLIX app is complete garbage compared to 360 one lol they are not even close.

Whatever you are smoking must of fried your brain. The PS3 App is way cleaner, and less cluttered

1. GUI on the PS3 netflix app is superior.
2. Some titles allow for 5.1 audio and subtitles (360 doesn't do this)
3. Movies buffer and begin playing much faster on the ps3 compared to the 360.

Most importantly--> the simple fact you don't have to PAY to use a service you are already paying for.

People paying to use services they are already paying for is Asinine :-#.

#73 jigsaw918

jigsaw918

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2013 - 04:17 PM

Godamnit I wish I hadn't bought the $35 XBL card from TigerDirect on eBay now.

exactly what I was thinking...

#74 alangst

alangst

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2013 - 04:23 PM

Is there anywhere I can find the TV deals for next week...I'm shopping for a 47-55, and I'm not sure if I should wait til next week.

#75 xXI SPECTER IXx

xXI SPECTER IXx

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2013 - 04:28 PM

no way, you actually save time , I'm happy I ordered one. you also save gas, and you don't have to go to the store, and end up buying more things you don't even need.

exactly what I was thinking...

#76 Donut2922

Donut2922

Read the OP!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2013 - 04:59 PM

no way, you actually save time , I'm happy I ordered one. you also save gas, and you don't have to go to the store, and end up buying more things you don't even need.

I like earning the RZ points. My local employees let me reuse the 3x RZ points coupon during the whole promotion period too.

You're right that going in for gas and what not can be costly but my local BB is next door to my gym so I don't really go out of my way whenever I pop on by. Not to mention just supporting local B&M is good for retail anyhow.

Now playing:

:ps4: Last of Us: Remastered
:ps3: God of War: Ascension

:360: Gears of War 3, The Walking Dead Season Two: Episode 5

#77 xXI SPECTER IXx

xXI SPECTER IXx

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2013 - 05:05 PM

mang your lucky, i have to drive at least 5-10 miles. I just stop going to retail stores overall. too much of a hassle. plus gas is ridiculous.

I like earning the RZ points. My local employees let me reuse the 3x RZ points coupon during the whole promotion period too.

You're right that going in for gas and what not can be costly but my local BB is next door to my gym so I don't really go out of my way whenever I pop on by. Not to mention just supporting local B&M is good for retail anyhow.

#78 Lonedrifter1989

Lonedrifter1989

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2013 - 06:09 PM

MW3 is 18.99 at best buy today & tomorrow. I got it for $25 at target black friday for my brothers christmas gift & recently through tomorrow probably was $25 again.

#79 kinney_bmx

kinney_bmx

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2013 - 08:57 PM

Really wish there was a deal on a WiiU since I just got my Triple RZ Points coupon. I wanna get a soundbar too, maybe I'll get lucky

#80 Gdogg

Gdogg

Scarlett Johansson's future ex-husband

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2013 - 10:19 PM

It was 2 for $50 in-store only on Saturday.

Actually it was $50 in store all week (sunday thru saturday). It just wasn't "discovered" (posted about) till saturday, which was the last day of the sale.

I know because I got madden and fifa wiiU right when the store opened on sunday the first day of the sale. Not trying to be a snob, just correcting your post!

#81 J7.

J7.

Posted 25 January 2013 - 10:45 PM

Can't argue with the facts:
http://www.google.co...chrome&ie=UTF-8

#82 Invicta 61

Invicta 61

Gabagool, Provalone and vinegar peppers

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2013 - 10:47 PM

Anyone else get a "$35 savings code" in the snail mail?

This isn't RZ, it says it is part of my holiday bonus offer that came with my new Best Buy card. I've had this same card for years now, makes me worry that someone opened a new card under my name. I better check to see if that happened..... after I spend this $35.
Bah weep granah weep nini bong.

And now I present Kate Upton doing the Cat Daddy:

Spoiler

#83 Chedeng88

Chedeng88

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2013 - 11:08 PM

Anyone else get a "$35 savings code" in the snail mail?

This isn't RZ, it says it is part of my holiday bonus offer that came with my new Best Buy card. I've had this same card for years now, makes me worry that someone opened a new card under my name. I better check to see if that happened..... after I spend this $35.

Did you spend over $250 during the holiday season using your BB credit card?

If yes, that's the reason why you got that $35 cert. Also, when they say "new Best Buy card", it doesn't necessarily mean a newly approved application. It also refers to long time card holders who got a new card to replace the old one.

Yours is a bit strange though as I got my cert via email and that's what the fine print said in the promo.

#84 Alucard0x

Alucard0x

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 26 January 2013 - 12:09 AM

Was hoping for 3ds games specials.

#85 TimboSliceGB

TimboSliceGB

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2013 - 12:51 AM

Whatever you are smoking must of fried your brain. The PS3 App is way cleaner, and less cluttered

1. GUI on the PS3 netflix app is superior.
2. Some titles allow for 5.1 audio and subtitles (360 doesn't do this)
3. Movies buffer and begin playing much faster on the ps3 compared to the 360.

Most importantly--> the simple fact you don't have to PAY to use a service you are already paying for.

People paying to use services they are already paying for is Asinine :-#.

i have been paying for xbox live since it came out in 02 i have no issues with it. As a person that has all systems out i just think xbox live is far better product then playstation network has ever been and wii u interface is not that great. I don't mind paying 40 bucks a year which i pay with sales like this for a overall better service. 40 bucks is nothing it's like a day of work for a year of usage

#86 TimboSliceGB

TimboSliceGB

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2013 - 12:53 AM

Can't argue with the facts:
http://www.google.co...chrome&ie=UTF-8

it's all about what you like i have used both before and with the recent update to live this past fall and with kinect it's head over heals then the ps3 version of the app but nothing to fight over. plus i use my game systems for gaming mostly if i want netflix and youtube and other things i just use the apps that are on my tv for that stuff.

#87 SangesTheLurker

SangesTheLurker

This is good, right? I mean, it doesn't suck...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2013 - 03:15 AM

So uhh, still no word about trade-in bonuses, huh? :-k

25u01gl.gif
I think I may have a problem...

#88 Invicta 61

Invicta 61

Gabagool, Provalone and vinegar peppers

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2013 - 03:18 AM

Did you spend over $250 during the holiday season using your BB credit card?

If yes, that's the reason why you got that $35 cert. Also, when they say "new Best Buy card", it doesn't necessarily mean a newly approved application. It also refers to long time card holders who got a new card to replace the old one.

Yours is a bit strange though as I got my cert via email and that's what the fine print said in the promo.

Yeah, I put a remote start on my truck in late November. I don't have a printer and my cell phone is from 2007, so I haven't used a RZ certificate since you've had to print them. Probably explains why it was sent in the mail, to make sure I come in to spend some money.

If used in conjunction with the upgrade and save promotion, I could potentially get 7 free blurays.
Bah weep granah weep nini bong.

And now I present Kate Upton doing the Cat Daddy:

Spoiler

#89 htz

htz

Posted 26 January 2013 - 03:19 AM

Our Gift To You: Free Extra Points. Go to shopyourway.com to see how many points you've got. Offer valid to members who joined SYWR on or before 1/15/13. Amount of points awarded based on membership status and other factors.

^Advertised on the front page of the AD.

Posted ImagePosted ImageCOD: Black Ops 2 $49.99
Posted ImagePosted ImageNFL 13 $39.99
Posted ImagePosted ImageAssassins Creed 3 $44.99

50% off xbox live 3 month card when you buy an Xbox 360 4GB. (The xbox 4gb is MSRP)

SYWR members only
Posted ImageNintendo Wii console (Black) with Wii Sports/Wii Sports Resort $129.99 *$15 gaming coupon*

So yeah the only thing interesting is the free points. Based on my account history section, I got....
"SYWR Valued Member - 5000 POINTS to use on your $30 Kmart purchase. Valid: 1/27/13 - 2/3/1."

#90 shadowkast

shadowkast

Lowball Ban

• Lowball Ban

Posted 26 January 2013 - 03:38 AM

guess you gotta shop there to get nothing for me