Game of Thrones Season 2 Best Buy Exclusives Up for Pre-Order

• Please log in to reply
274 replies to this topic

#31 Makarov

Makarov

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2013 - 10:18 PM

What happened to the baratheon cover? Is that not a best buy exclusive? Here's what it was supposed to look like http://i.imgur.com/TSsYN.jpg

#32 applecider

applecider

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2013 - 10:20 PM

Believe someone mentioned that was an exclusive cover in Spain, or something to that effect.

#33 Makarov

Makarov

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2013 - 10:39 PM

Oh that's a shame, Stannis is my favorite. In that case I'll probably go with the grey joy version.

#34 styl3s

styl3s

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2013 - 11:32 PM

To people who grab both. Do you just keep one copy sealed or something?

I keep mine sealed for collection purposes.

However i did end up getting 3 more stark editions right as the controversy happened and they were going to stop production and only sell the edited versions. opened 1 and sold the other 2 for $200 a pop on amazon, that right there paid for all of them and gave me some profit. I have HBO GO so i am not eager to rip open season 2, i will keep both sealed and pick up a copy to watch during black friday or something.

#35 ajh2298

ajh2298

2009 Stanley Cup Champs

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2013 - 11:56 PM

So if I have a sealed copy of the "Stark" Edition Season One how much would it be worth? Would it be enough to cover a regular copy of season one and season two on Blu-ray?
----------------------------------------------------------------------

#36 henry00x

henry00x

Chosen One

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2013 - 12:28 AM

So if I have a sealed copy of the "Stark" Edition Season One how much would it be worth? Would it be enough to cover a regular copy of season one and season two on Blu-ray?

i have seen sealed versions go for as much as $90 shipped on ebay

#37 kilik64

kilik64

Carefree, Wherever We May Be

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2013 - 12:30 AM

ouch 60 dollars for 10 episodes? these are 1990s anime kind of prices here.

dont get me wrong great show but why is it so much

Its not TV, its hbo

#38 Havokscry

Havokscry

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2013 - 12:44 AM

For those holding off waiting for a Best Buy pre-order exclusive like last year's keychain, don't bother. The pre-order bonus is either a dvd or blu-ray of the first episode of season 2, depending on which version you wish to pre-order. Saw them in store tonight.

#39 karkyco

karkyco

Posted 30 January 2013 - 01:00 AM

Eh, don't believe the hype. After fees and shipping and all that shit, you'll be lucky to clear, like, $25.;):D I'll gladly take it off your hands for, say, $30. :lol: I kid, I kid.
Spoiler

SPLASH!

m93k0.gif

#40 Geauxn

Geauxn

Posted 30 January 2013 - 01:00 AM

Oh that's a shame, Stannis is my favorite. In that case I'll probably go with the grey joy version.

There's still hope for you then. That Baratheon sigil is for Joffery or Robert.

Here's Stannis sigil (which I pray to the Seven is one of the sigils used for Season 3). Not sure if it's the official HBO version, but Stannis' sigil in the books is supposed to be a stag in a heart covered in flames:

Posted Image

Oh, and I'll be getting the Lannister cover this time. Though I do like the idea of buying both and an extra to sell for money to purchase the one I don't have from Season 1 (Targaryean).

#41 Zerok

Zerok

Your face is drunk!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2013 - 01:06 AM

This is a pretty sweet cover for the seasons 1 & 2 on Amazon UK. Not Best Buy, but I didn't want to create a new thread.

http://www.amazon.co...ag=bluraycom-21

That was always my favorite piece of art from season two. Really wish it had been the S2 cover art, the crown cover is just boring.

#42 Egos

Egos

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2013 - 01:25 AM

as much as I think the Lannister cover rocks. I think I'll go Greyjoy, just because I really enjoyed Theon's arc this season.

edit: I went Stark last season.

#43 kilik64

kilik64

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2013 - 03:06 AM

Lannister is what I'll get.

Tyrion is one of my favorite characters of all time.

#44 kayne2000

kayne2000

All Glory to Tachikoma Paradise

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2013 - 03:47 AM

Its not TV, its hbo

so this is standard for HBO then?? sorry im not too familar with HBO i didn't grow up with it in the house.

#45 Josef

Josef

Touched the dead

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2013 - 04:54 AM

For those holding off waiting for a Best Buy pre-order exclusive like last year's keychain, don't bother. The pre-order bonus is either a dvd or blu-ray of the first episode of season 2, depending on which version you wish to pre-order. Saw them in store tonight.

These were stickered for $0.01 at my local store so I'm wondering if you can just buy them for a penny....

#46 GreyFox787

GreyFox787

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2013 - 10:07 PM

Picked up the first season before reading any of the books, which made me regret not getting the Stark cover once I dove in (been taking a break for a little over six months after finishing the 4th book...but it's getting harder and harder not to crack open the 5th)...though Daenerys is one of my favorite characters, so I can't complain with a Targaryen cover.

Definitely picking up Lannister for this set, just for Tyrion...and even Jaime, who I've become somewhat fond of. Eff the Greyjoys. Eff 'em hard.

Also...once this series ends (hopefully not before going all the way, yes?), I can't even imagine what kind of Complete Series set they'll whip up. Wonder if we'll be beyond Blu-ray when that time comes...

#47 neoz

neoz

I Know Kung Fu

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2013 - 10:14 PM

as much as I think the Lannister cover rocks. I think I'll go Greyjoy, just because I really enjoyed Theon's arc this season.

edit: I went Stark last season.

Greyjoy!!!! Common man those people can suck a squid tentacle. ;) Can't stand that dirty house....We do not sow...:booty:

These were stickered for $0.01 at my local store so I'm wondering if you can just buy them for a penny....

When you say them and not one, what are you planning to do with the others. And more then likely they will want the $5 as it is a preorder. Many people at br.com have tried to get it for $0.01 but were turned down.

Spoiler

Definitely picking up Lannister for this set, just for Tyrion...and even Jaime, who I've become somewhat fond of. Eff the Greyjoys. Eff 'em hard.

Also...once this series ends (hopefully not before going all the way, yes?), I can't even imagine what kind of Complete Series set they'll whip up. Wonder if we'll be beyond Blu-ray when that time comes...

I agree eff the Greyjoys! And don't you worry they will get what they deserve but we'll save that for another season.

Also if thea do a complete season set which don't know if they will they would be smart to house it in either a replica of the Iron Throne or personally a replica of the Wall.

#48 TheAggroCraig

TheAggroCraig

Posted 31 January 2013 - 10:34 PM

I don't understand the purpose of this, I get it for Season 1 (since it's the first episode of the series,to get people interested), but not for the second season.

Posted Image

(Ex: Buy/Half/DeepDiscount/Gamestop.com/etc)

#49 Josef

Josef

Touched the dead

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2013 - 04:44 AM

I don't understand the purpose of this, I get it for Season 1 (since it's the first episode of the series,to get people interested), but not for the second season.

So you can get started on the 2nd season a few weeks early? I've already seen Season 2 but if I hadn't I wouldn't mind checking out the first episode as soon as I could.

#50 Mako1215

Mako1215

Mr.OneOfWonder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2013 - 04:46 AM

Fuck lannister. Going Greyjoy.

First, how can you claim prior non-existance to devalue a movement? I am sure the civil rights movement would love that. "Well, there was no movement to free the slaves before, so why is it relavent now?"

518793.png

#51 Josef

Josef

Touched the dead

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2013 - 04:48 AM

When you say them and not one, what are you planning to do with the others. And more then likely they will want the $5 as it is a preorder. Many people at br.com have tried to get it for $0.01 but were turned down.

I said "them" in reference to people here picking up copies of it. I certainly see no reason to pick up more than one unless you're giving them away to other people. I actually haven't picked up one yet since I would only even try to do it if I was adding it to a few other items in the order. I'm just curious whether it scans for a penny or if it prompts a preorder deposit when scanned.

#52 simmias

simmias

Don't believe his lies

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2013 - 09:58 PM

Picked up the first season before reading any of the books, which made me regret not getting the Stark cover once I dove in (been taking a break for a little over six months after finishing the 4th book...but it's getting harder and harder not to crack open the 5th)...though Daenerys is one of my favorite characters, so I can't complain with a Targaryen cover.

LOL, wait until you read the fifth book.

#53 GamerDude316

GamerDude316

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2013 - 11:52 PM

anybody think this will go lower in price around release?

#54 Mako1215

Mako1215

Mr.OneOfWonder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 February 2013 - 02:10 AM

Yes

First, how can you claim prior non-existance to devalue a movement? I am sure the civil rights movement would love that. "Well, there was no movement to free the slaves before, so why is it relavent now?"

518793.png

#55 kayne2000

kayne2000

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 February 2013 - 04:19 AM

i truly hope so lol

#56 kilik64

kilik64

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 February 2013 - 04:50 AM

LOL, wait until you read the fifth book.

Too bad you have to read the fourth book to get to it...

Worst book in series and really tough to get through imho

#57 kayne2000

kayne2000

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 February 2013 - 05:35 AM

Too bad you have to read the fourth book to get to it...

Worst book in series and really tough to get through imho

really? i havent read the books or even heard of them until i watched this show but ive heard the fifth book is the worst. but again that is just hearsay. for me the fifth would be the worst just knowing the sixth book isnt out and the author takes ages to finish books lol and there are 7 planned books in total for the series.

#58 kilik64

kilik64

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 February 2013 - 10:55 PM

really? i havent read the books or even heard of them until i watched this show but ive heard the fifth book is the worst. but again that is just hearsay. for me the fifth would be the worst just knowing the sixth book isnt out and the author takes ages to finish books lol and there are 7 planned books in total for the series.

Book 5 is pretty good. Book 4 is without a doubt awful. He split 4 and 5 up. It was started as one book. Instead of splitting chronologically he did it geographically. So what the fourth book became was all about characters that until then were either minor, barely mentioned, or new. So you had three books where you read about and built up this set of characters only to not have them in one whole book at all.

Basically pretty boring, didn't really move plot along, and is just there to get you to the fifth book. Which is pretty solid. Can't wait for 6.

#59 jwizzle5786

jwizzle5786

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 February 2013 - 06:39 AM

4 is better than 5 because of Cersei and Sansa (and Jaime?). I honestly cannot recall anything of interest Dany and Tyrion did in 5.

#60 kayne2000

kayne2000

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 February 2013 - 07:22 AM

Book 5 is pretty good. Book 4 is without a doubt awful. He split 4 and 5 up. It was started as one book. Instead of splitting chronologically he did it geographically. So what the fourth book became was all about characters that until then were either minor, barely mentioned, or new. So you had three books where you read about and built up this set of characters only to not have them in one whole book at all.

Basically pretty boring, didn't really move plot along, and is just there to get you to the fifth book. Which is pretty solid. Can't wait for 6.

hmm well that sucks. ive seen shows or stories do that get you invested in characters then suddenly the minor ones get the spotlight and the main ones vanish for no reason at all. it can suck. but hopefully book 6 and 7 will tie it all together. hell even watching just the first two seasons of the show there are a lot of main plots going on and a lot of sub-plots on top of that. so i can see this all getting to convoluted and not being tied up nice and pretty at the end or some stuff just getting dropped. i hope that isn't the case.

that said can't wait for season 3 and yea the author better hurry up with those last 2 books though i've heard book three will be season 3 and 4 so that will help buy some time i hope and hopefully give each main plot more time. which is my only complaint so far so much going on and not enough screen time for everyone. also can't wait to see the dragons tear **** up lol.