Game of Thrones Season 2 Best Buy Exclusives Up for Pre-Order

Nice, any idea if stores will be offering any incentives like the key chain that was given away with Season 1?

I'm also guessing these will be cheaper during release week, so it's not worth it to pre-order right now?

I ordered both last year and planned to do so again before seeing $60 a pop... I'll wait for that sale price just incase.

It makes no difference whether you order now or not, you can always get it adjusted if it gets lower, assuming it doesn't do it automatically.

is this necessary for a preorder or do i have a good chance at walking into a bestbuy on release day and getting the one i want?

They should be pretty well stocked the first week of release. After that, there's probably no guarantee. I think they'll probably produce more of these than they did last year's edition since the show has grown in popularity, and the ones from last year were in stores for a good amount of time.

[quote name='ssjmichael']They should be pretty well stocked the first week of release. After that, there's probably no guarantee. I think they'll probably produce more of these than they did last year's edition since the show has grown in popularity, and the ones from last year were in stores for a good amount of time.[/QUOTE]

thanks, im going to get it on release day, im trying to track down a Stark Edition season 1 at a reasonable price on ebay, its been hard to come across

if anyone knows where i could find one or has one for sale please PM me

[quote name='henry00x']is this necessary for a preorder or do i have a good chance at walking into a bestbuy on release day and getting the one i want?[/QUOTE]
I know I had to pre-order Stark, else they would have had none left on release day for me. They didn't get very many last time, but who knows this year. Definitely pre-ordering Lannister and will PM Amazon on release day, unless by some miracle Amazon is PMing BB lol.

I was kind of silly last year and passed up the exclusive covers because I liked the default one better. Turns out it is the same packaging with an exclusive slipcover over it. Assuming that is still the case, I'm going Lannister.

[quote name='henry00x']thanks, im going to get it on release day, im trying to track down a Stark Edition season 1 at a reasonable price on ebay, its been hard to come across

if anyone knows where i could find one or has one for sale please PM me[/QUOTE]

I held out last year for a price drop then saw that they were going to edit the Bush head in it. When I read that I ordered off of Amazon because Best Buy wanted more and were out of all of the exclusives by that point. Last I looked just the normal editions that were not edited were going for 100 or more. Good luck in getting the Stark Edition for a reasonable price.

Best Buy had plenty of stock day 1 last time, so I wouldn't worry about pre-ordering too much. But they will auto-adjust if the price goes lower than what you order at. Last year it was 35, but this is the selects version, with dvd and digital copies, so they might use that as an excuse to keep the price a bit higher, I would guess 40-45 come release, but 35 would be a pleasant surprise.

Values for the last seasons went up a lot once you couldn't get the exclusive covers. I doubled what I spent on them after selling them when I upgraded to the Season 1 Collector's Edition. I might do the same here, but both and sell later to purchase the Season 2 Collector's Edition, assuming that ever happens.

edit: I didn't consider it, but the editing might also have been a factor in the price increase.

[quote name='kayne2000']ouch 60 dollars for 10 episodes? these are 1990s anime kind of prices here.

dont get me wrong great show but why is it so much[/QUOTE]

it'll be cheaper when released...

[quote name='mrsilkunderwear']To people who grab both. Do you just keep one copy sealed or something?[/QUOTE]

Yup. I'm not usually into collecting this sort of thing but I love the house banners and I'm sure my unopened stark s1 has become rare by now. (Though I have no intention of selling)

perhaps but if you don't buy it right on release the price will likely go back up heck the first game of thrones is still 40-50 dollars so its clear the price value is holding steady

[quote name='mpaullin']I was kind of silly last year and passed up the exclusive covers because I liked the default one better. Turns out it is the same packaging with an exclusive slipcover over it. Assuming that is still the case, I'm going Lannister.[/QUOTE]

I did the exact same thing! Oh well, at least I can still say I have the George Bush Head version ;).

I'll wait until these are under $40, there's no way in hell I'm paying $60 (though I really want the Greyjoy one...)

Personally picked up a Collector's Edition with the Egg Paperweight for $39.99 on Amazon after they price matched Best Buy last year.

I'll probably pick 2 of each and keep them sealed though and see what happens to the prices. I wouldn't mind selling them down the line so I can pay the $100 (each) for the Stark/Targaryen Covers from Season 1 Sealed.

I fell into the show late and now hindsight is kicking me in the face.

Good thing for BB Silver Premiere 60 Day Return.

[quote name='mrsilkunderwear']To people who grab both. Do you just keep one copy sealed or something?[/QUOTE]
I keep mine sealed for collection purposes.

However i did end up getting 3 more stark editions right as the controversy happened and they were going to stop production and only sell the edited versions. opened 1 and sold the other 2 for $200 a pop on amazon, that right there paid for all of them and gave me some profit. I have HBO GO so i am not eager to rip open season 2, i will keep both sealed and pick up a copy to watch during black friday or something.

So if I have a sealed copy of the "Stark" Edition Season One how much would it be worth? Would it be enough to cover a regular copy of season one and season two on Blu-ray?

[quote name='ajh2298']So if I have a sealed copy of the "Stark" Edition Season One how much would it be worth? Would it be enough to cover a regular copy of season one and season two on Blu-ray?[/QUOTE]

i have seen sealed versions go for as much as $90 shipped on ebay

[quote name='kayne2000']ouch 60 dollars for 10 episodes? these are 1990s anime kind of prices here.

dont get me wrong great show but why is it so much[/QUOTE]

Its not TV, its hbo

For those holding off waiting for a Best Buy pre-order exclusive like last year's keychain, don't bother. The pre-order bonus is either a dvd or blu-ray of the first episode of season 2, depending on which version you wish to pre-order. Saw them in store tonight.

[quote name='ajh2298']So if I have a sealed copy of the "Stark" Edition Season One how much would it be worth? Would it be enough to cover a regular copy of season one and season two on Blu-ray?[/QUOTE]

Eh, don't believe the hype. After fees and shipping and all that shit, you'll be lucky to clear, like, $25.;):D I'll gladly take it off your hands for, say, $30. :lol: I kid, I kid.
Not really. Sell it to meeeeeee

[quote name='Makarov']Oh that's a shame, Stannis is my favorite. In that case I'll probably go with the grey joy version.[/QUOTE]

There's still hope for you then. That Baratheon sigil is for Joffery or Robert.

Here's Stannis sigil (which I pray to the Seven is one of the sigils used for Season 3). Not sure if it's the official HBO version, but Stannis' sigil in the books is supposed to be a stag in a heart covered in flames:

kingstanniswallpapersta.jpg

Oh, and I'll be getting the Lannister cover this time. Though I do like the idea of buying both and an extra to sell for money to purchase the one I don't have from Season 1 (Targaryean).

as much as I think the Lannister cover rocks. I think I'll go Greyjoy, just because I really enjoyed Theon's arc this season.

edit: I went Stark last season.

[quote name='kilik64']Its not TV, its hbo[/QUOTE]

so this is standard for HBO then?? sorry im not too familar with HBO i didn't grow up with it in the house.

[quote name='Havokscry']For those holding off waiting for a Best Buy pre-order exclusive like last year's keychain, don't bother. The pre-order bonus is either a dvd or blu-ray of the first episode of season 2, depending on which version you wish to pre-order. Saw them in store tonight.[/QUOTE]

These were stickered for $0.01 at my local store so I'm wondering if you can just buy them for a penny....

Picked up the first season before reading any of the books, which made me regret not getting the Stark cover once I dove in (been taking a break for a little over six months after finishing the 4th book...but it's getting harder and harder not to crack open the 5th)...though Daenerys is one of my favorite characters, so I can't complain with a Targaryen cover.

Definitely picking up Lannister for this set, just for Tyrion...and even Jaime, who I've become somewhat fond of. Eff the Greyjoys. Eff 'em hard.

Also...once this series ends (hopefully not before going all the way, yes?), I can't even imagine what kind of Complete Series set they'll whip up. Wonder if we'll be beyond Blu-ray when that time comes...

[quote name='Egos']as much as I think the Lannister cover rocks. I think I'll go Greyjoy, just because I really enjoyed Theon's arc this season.

edit: I went Stark last season.[/QUOTE]

Greyjoy!!!! Common man those people can suck a squid tentacle. ;) Can't stand that dirty house....We do not sow...:booty:

[quote name='Josef']These were stickered for $0.01 at my local store so I'm wondering if you can just buy them for a penny....[/QUOTE]

When you say them and not one, what are you planning to do with the others. And more then likely they will want the $5 as it is a preorder. Many people at br.com have tried to get it for $0.01 but were turned down.

[quote name='GreyFox787']
Picked up the first season before reading any of the books, which made me regret not getting the Stark cover once I dove in (been taking a break for a little over six months after finishing the 4th book...but it's getting harder and harder not to crack open the 5th)...though Daenerys is one of my favorite characters, so I can't complain with a Targaryen cover.

Definitely picking up Lannister for this set, just for Tyrion...and even Jaime, who I've become somewhat fond of. Eff the Greyjoys. Eff 'em hard.

Also...once this series ends (hopefully not before going all the way, yes?), I can't even imagine what kind of Complete Series set they'll whip up. Wonder if we'll be beyond Blu-ray when that time comes...[/QUOTE]

I agree eff the Greyjoys! And don't you worry they will get what they deserve but we'll save that for another season.

Also if thea do a complete season set which don't know if they will they would be smart to house it in either a replica of the Iron Throne or personally a replica of the Wall.

[quote name='Josef']These were stickered for $0.01 at my local store so I'm wondering if you can just buy them for a penny....[/QUOTE]

I don't understand the purpose of this, I get it for Season 1 (since it's the first episode of the series,to get people interested), but not for the second season.

[quote name='ProtoEXE88']I don't understand the purpose of this, I get it for Season 1 (since it's the first episode of the series,to get people interested), but not for the second season.[/QUOTE]

So you can get started on the 2nd season a few weeks early? I've already seen Season 2 but if I hadn't I wouldn't mind checking out the first episode as soon as I could.

bread's done
Back