Game of Thrones Season 2 Best Buy Exclusives Up for Pre-Order

• Please log in to reply
274 replies to this topic

#61 darkcecil32

darkcecil32

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 February 2013 - 04:13 PM

4 is better than 5 because of Cersei and Sansa (and Jaime?). I honestly cannot recall anything of interest Dany and Tyrion did in 5.

You're the first person I've heard say this (not knocking your opinion at all, just an observation). Interesting. The focus on Sansa in the 4th book made me want to gouge my eyes out. The 5th book still doesn't hit the quality of 1-3, but was a step up from book 4 imho.

I also have a special fondness for the 5th book as I was able to get it signed by George R.R. Martin in the week it released :D.

#62 jwizzle5786

jwizzle5786

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 February 2013 - 07:48 PM

4 seems to be pretty popular over at the "official" ASoIaF board. I guess it depends when you read the books. If you read them as they came out, you'll probably not like 4 and 5 because Storm is a climax of part 1 and Feast and Dance are transition books. I read them all just a year ago, so I didn't have to wait ten years to find out what certain characters are up to.

Sansa chapters in Feast rock because of a certain character who she hangs out with (I won't spoil it seeing as this is for the tv show).

My official ranking goes: 3 > 1 > 4 > 2 > 5.

#63 simmias

simmias

Likely to be eaten by a grue

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 February 2013 - 12:01 AM

Heh, I didn't want to expand on my comment for fear of spoiling things for people who haven't read through, but you guys are doing a fine enough job of that. In SOIAF, even mentioning a character has a chapter in a book is a spoiler IMO ;)

But yes, the point I was trying to make is that Daenerys will no longer be that guy's favorite character after he reads her God-awful chapters in book five.

#64 AvengedBacklog

AvengedBacklog

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 February 2013 - 01:58 AM

Really torn between BB for the Lannister cover and Amazon for the $20 I have in credit...

#65 abhinav

abhinav

"Scooty Puff Jr. sucks!"

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 February 2013 - 08:01 AM

Just making sure: If I preorder and the price changes before shipping, Best Buy will price adjust before charging?

Twitter: Onekumar
Now Playing:
C90d2eO.png7WPdXq9.png2q1uoso.jpg

#66 ssjmichael

ssjmichael

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 February 2013 - 01:06 PM

Just making sure: If I preorder and the price changes before shipping, Best Buy will price adjust before charging?

Not always, but you can always call and get it adjusted after it ships as part of their pricematch guarantee policy. Usually if it drops before shipment it'll be automatically lowered.

#67 prayformojo

prayformojo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 February 2013 - 02:07 PM

Have to go Greyjoy and pay the iron price.

#68 Spafon

Spafon

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 February 2013 - 07:14 PM

Have to go Greyjoy and pay the iron price.

So, you're going to slit the cashier's throat and walk out without paying? Cause that's the only way that comment makes sense, don't forget to film that.

#69 dmaul1114

dmaul1114

Posted 04 February 2013 - 08:02 PM

My official ranking goes: 3 > 1 > 4 > 2 > 5.

I'd go 3--1--2--5--4.

Feast for Crows drags for me as I just don't care much about the Iron Island and Dorne plots/characters. The series already had too many character arcs IMO without adding more to the mix.

Five at least got focused back more on the main characters, but still drug as not a lot of major import happened until late in the book.

#70 Geauxn

Geauxn

Posted 05 February 2013 - 12:08 AM

So, you're going to slit the cashier's throat and walk out without paying? Cause that's the only way that comment makes sense, don't forget to film that.

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

#71 cloudmd23

cloudmd23

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 February 2013 - 05:34 AM

Did anybody else's order of this get cancelled? I just got a cancellation e-mail tonight.

#72 kayne2000

kayne2000

All Glory to Tachikoma Paradise

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 February 2013 - 08:26 AM

win

#73 Jrittmayer

Jrittmayer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 February 2013 - 02:46 PM

I'll prefer to take the safer round and go Lannister. "a Lannister always pays their debts"

#74 Dragonsbane

Dragonsbane

Dr. StrangeCAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 February 2013 - 02:50 PM

I'll prefer to take the safer round and go Lannister. "a Lannister always pays their debts"

Ah so you will be using credit then paying it off at a later time.... I see.
Less messy.
Dr. Strange CAG- Or how I learned to stop worrying and love cheap stuff.

Posted Image
Christianity: The belief that a Jewish cosmic zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat fruit from a magical tree.

#75 kayne2000

kayne2000

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 February 2013 - 06:41 PM

unless its a TV show only thing but that isn't the official Lannister motto i forget what it is but it wasn't that.

#76 jgiovanni

jgiovanni

Posted 05 February 2013 - 07:08 PM

unless its a TV show only thing but that isn't the official Lannister motto i forget what it is but it wasn't that.

"Hear me Roar" is the official motto

jgiovanni.png

Please check out DCUVHD.com for all UV/ITunes movie trading needs!

#77 kayne2000

kayne2000

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 February 2013 - 07:09 PM

ah well that could certainly be a slitting of the cashier's throat so....

#78 prayformojo

prayformojo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 February 2013 - 07:30 PM

I guess that would be the only way to pay the iron price, guess I'll stick to the plastic price.

#79 AshesofWake

AshesofWake

chum is fum

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 February 2013 - 10:23 PM

I hope it's 24.99 like when Season 1 was released. HIGHLY doubt it this time. But ya never know...
WHAT A HORRIBLE NIGHT TO HAVE A CURSE

Posted Image

Avatar record spinning: Pelican - Ataraxia/Taraxis EP

#80 Masterkyo

Masterkyo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 February 2013 - 11:10 PM

Season 1 is $34.99 not $24.99 :) lol
"Evil is Funs"

#81 kayne2000

kayne2000

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 February 2013 - 11:36 PM

Season 1 is $34.99 not $24.99 :) lol

reread what he posted...

#82 Jodou

Jodou

Posted 05 February 2013 - 11:57 PM

Tried to pre-order the Lannister exclusive in-store but the system refused the SKU, so they have my info to hold that one specifically for the pre-order I did place. Sounds like they're getting quite a few of the exclusive covers in two weeks, so I'm pretty confident anyone should be able to get what they want on day one.

JodouKastBizmuth.jpg

#83 Josef

Josef

Touched the dead

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 February 2013 - 06:07 AM

I hope it's 24.99 like when Season 1 was released. HIGHLY doubt it this time. But ya never know...

Wasn't the season 1 Blu-Ray on sale for $34.99 when it was released, not $24.99?

#84 AshesofWake

AshesofWake

chum is fum

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 February 2013 - 07:45 AM

Wasn't the season 1 Blu-Ray on sale for $34.99 when it was released, not $24.99?

I got it for 24.99. I remember because Best Buy only had one copy left and Target had multiple copies for 29.99. And I remember not wanting to get it at first but it was so god damn cheap, I said Fuck it.

But again my memory could be fuzzy, but I do remember distinctly that Amazon matched the Best Buy Price and I remember seeing this:

http://theoatmeal.co...f_thrones_price

right when they did, so again, I'm pretty sure it was 24.99 but then again maybe I'm wrong. The only thing is. This time I have a feeling it's going to be more because of the blu ray + dvd route they are going.

Yeah I even remember telling some co workers how cheap it was that week that they were like "whoa that's cheap for an HBO blu ray" and some even considered getting it. But don't take my word for truth.

edit: ugh now you're making my brain doubt everything. oh well Fuck it whatever. lol

edit2: I think I might have used Reward Zone GC's for it. That's why I got it so cheap....MY BRAAIINNNN.
WHAT A HORRIBLE NIGHT TO HAVE A CURSE

Posted Image

Avatar record spinning: Pelican - Ataraxia/Taraxis EP

#85 JasonTerminator

JasonTerminator

Not a psychopath!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 February 2013 - 08:25 AM

Season 1 was $34.99 according to my Amazon receipt.

Honestly, I'll be happy if Season 2 is that price. I'm not willing to pay more than that.
Posted Image

#86 Raye

Raye

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 February 2013 - 10:17 AM

Well hopefully Best Buy and Amazon mark down the price near release date. I'm kind of anxious myself to see if we'll get lucky to get it at a $35 price point like last year.

RayeKasai.png

#87 xandez1

xandez1

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 February 2013 - 01:16 PM

I would be curious to hear which covers people chose and whether or not they'd read the books.
Spoiler

Edited by shrike4242, 06 February 2013 - 05:39 PM.

#88 jwizzle5786

jwizzle5786

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 February 2013 - 04:09 PM

You might want to remove those spoilers. They're vague, but not vague enough.

#89 xandez1

xandez1

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 February 2013 - 06:23 PM

You might want to remove those spoilers. They're vague, but not vague enough.

Woops! I guess that wasn't cryptic enough. Thanks for the assistance Shrike.

#90 ck76

ck76

Winter is Coming

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 February 2013 - 07:14 PM

Well hopefully Best Buy and Amazon mark down the price near release date. I'm kind of anxious myself to see if we'll get lucky to get it at a $35 price point like last year.

What i am waiting on as well, limited edition covers are nice, but I am a cheap ass first and foremost. ;)
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image