Game of Thrones Season 2 Best Buy Exclusives Up for Pre-Order

• Please log in to reply
274 replies to this topic

#151 blk00civicsi

blk00civicsi

Pillsbury Island

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 February 2013 - 04:10 PM

I have a feeling Amazon is gonna match BB as opposed to Target. I guess I'll have to wait it out towards the end of next week to see.

#152 roger watersmelon

roger watersmelon

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 February 2013 - 04:52 PM

I'm glad that I didn't pick up either of the special edition covers for season 1 from Best Buy, because now I don't feel obligated to continue picking them up on future seasons. I think that the Target extras disc is the most appealing option (and has the added bonus of also being the cheapest without price matches).

Now I just hope that the Target copies aren't all spider-wrapped into oblivion.

#153 philmcfly

philmcfly

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 February 2013 - 05:18 PM

I Now I just hope that the Target copies aren't all spider-wrapped into oblivion.

Ugh yea I forgot about that. Also, I love your username.

#154 D0RC

D0RC

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 February 2013 - 09:01 PM

The collectors edition of season one seem to have all the covers except for the yellow deer, I think that's the barathians I know I spelled that wrong ha. I only have the standard edition for the first one and preordered the Lanister cover.

Do preorders ship release day or will you get it at your front door release day or both?

#155 neoz

neoz

I Know Kung Fu

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 February 2013 - 09:47 PM

The collectors edition of season one seem to have all the covers except for the yellow deer, I think that's the barathians I know I spelled that wrong ha. I only have the standard edition for the first one and preordered the Lanister cover.

Do preorders ship release day or will you get it at your front door release day or both?

The CE has all the houses but Greyjoy. They have the Baratheon house on it.

As far as your Lannister cover it'll probably ship after release day. That usually is the case for me if I preorder and don't do in store pick up.

#156 gunstar808

gunstar808

Capitalism, Ho!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2013 - 12:25 AM

I got a shipment confirmation from bb.com @ $59.99. Do I call customer service to get that price adjusted come release day? Or do I gotta go to the store?

Update: seems the invoice is for $35, just my cc has a pending authorization of 59. Should be corrected when it clears.

Edited by gunstar808, 15 February 2013 - 04:04 AM.

#157 Geauxn

Geauxn

Posted 15 February 2013 - 12:57 AM

I got a shipment confirmation from bb.com @ $59.99. Do I call customer service to get that price adjusted come release day? Or do I gotta go to the store?

I had the same issue for season 1 and you can call, but you have to wait until after release day.

#158 Meelahd

Meelahd

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2013 - 04:04 AM

hmmm I am tempted, but something deep down inside of me tells me to wait until the entire series is over and buy it then. I know that will be many years, but I read the books and I have seen the series already. 34.99 though is a steal though.

#159 Mako1215

Mako1215

Mr.OneOfWonder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2013 - 06:04 AM

Time to Cancel Amazon

First, how can you claim prior non-existance to devalue a movement? I am sure the civil rights movement would love that. "Well, there was no movement to free the slaves before, so why is it relavent now?"

518793.png

#160 Spuke

Spuke

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2013 - 06:08 AM

For anyone waiting on Amazon, they finally lowered their price to 34.99. (blu-ray)

Edit: lol The dvd version costs $5 more.

#161 elessar123

elessar123

96.5% more WUB WUB

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2013 - 06:40 AM

Even if Amazon price matched, other retailers still have exclusives that would make it more value.

#162 Chief Keef

Chief Keef

GBE 3hunna

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2013 - 07:16 AM

hmmm I am tempted, but something deep down inside of me tells me to wait until the entire series is over and buy it then. I know that will be many years, but I read the books and I have seen the series already. 34.99 though is a steal though.

It'll probably be many years until the show ends. And even then it won't be cheap.

all I care about is money, all I care about is hundreds, all I care about is fiftys, all I care about is twentys

all I care about my whereabouts, r.i.p. my niggas they in heaven now

that's all I care about now I keep them weapons round, he say he pullin up we gon wet him down

300*

#163 JasonTerminator

JasonTerminator

Not a psychopath!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2013 - 09:13 AM

It'll probably be many years until the show ends. And even then it won't be cheap.

And who knows, HBO might decide it doesn't like money and not release a set. Like The Sopranos on blu-ray.

That set would print money and they still haven't released it. Bunch of idiots over at HBO I swear.
Posted Image

#164 dmaul1114

dmaul1114

Posted 15 February 2013 - 02:23 PM

I'll keep my Amazon order. Don't care about the Target extra features as I never watch extras, nor the Best Buy cases. Not worth saving $5 to have to drive to Target.

#165 GamerDude316

GamerDude316

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2013 - 05:56 PM

My BB order shipped! Now to figure out how to get the Target extra disc anyway....

#166 abhinav

abhinav

"Scooty Puff Jr. sucks!"

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2013 - 06:28 PM

My BB order shipped! Now to figure out how to get the Target extra disc anyway....

Already shipped huh? Guess I can keep hope that I'll get it around launch time.

Twitter: Onekumar
Now Playing:
T24ZDZQ.jpg2q1uoso.jpg

#167 CamelGod

CamelGod

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2013 - 06:32 PM

Mine shipped too! UPS tracking says it should arrive on the 20th.

#168 shrike4242

shrike4242

Not My Job Anymore, Go Bother Someone Else.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2013 - 06:41 PM

Buy the set from Target, sell the set minus the bonus disc on CL.

#169 pjb16

pjb16

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2013 - 08:19 PM

Figures that hours after I cancel my Amazon order the price drops to $35 (and I had a gold box discount too). Oh well.

#170 unluckynumber11

unluckynumber11

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 February 2013 - 07:44 PM

Received my Walmart preorder in the mail today, but I need to return it anyway so I can just get the one at Target.

#171 midnightexpress

midnightexpress

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 February 2013 - 05:09 AM

And who knows, HBO might decide it doesn't like money and not release a set. Like The Sopranos on blu-ray.

That set would print money and they still haven't released it. Bunch of idiots over at HBO I swear.

They might be waiting to do some special features, like Blu-Ray exclusive commentaries or other panel things that HBO is famous for. Whatever you say about them, they don't skip out on marquee releases like GOT or the Sopranos. And since Gandolfini, Chase, Falco, et all are rather busy with their own projects it might be difficult to schedule dates with all of them. You do realize it's been years since the show ended and they just released Entourage?

#172 ShockandAww

ShockandAww

Truth is treason

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 February 2013 - 12:19 AM

I'm surprised Best Buy shipped these out so early. Mine should be here on the 19th.

#173 AshesofWake

AshesofWake

chum is fum

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 February 2013 - 01:11 AM

I feel like I'm the only one that just wants the normal cover haha. I remember last year when I picked up Game of Thrones for blu ray all Best Buy had was the collector's edition covers and I had to go to three Best Buy stores to find the original cover, and then I found out it was just a slip cover haha. GOOD. TIMES. This time....I don't care. But I'm thinking the Target exclusive might be cool beans... plus 5 bucks is 5 bucks. that's like 5 legit mexican tacos from a shady place down the street. Yes, that's a better deal. GoT and 5 delicious tacos. mmmmmmm
WHAT A HORRIBLE NIGHT TO HAVE A CURSE

Posted Image

Avatar record spinning: Pelican - Ataraxia/Taraxis EP

#174 Rumors

Rumors

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 February 2013 - 01:18 AM

I feel like I'm the only one that just wants the normal cover haha. I remember last year when I picked up Game of Thrones for blu ray all Best Buy had was the collector's edition covers and I had to go to three Best Buy stores to find the original cover, and then I found out it was just a slip cover haha. GOOD. TIMES. This time....I don't care. But I'm thinking the Target exclusive might be cool beans... plus 5 bucks is 5 bucks. that's like 5 legit mexican tacos from a shady place down the street. Yes, that's a better deal. GoT and 5 delicious tacos. mmmmmmm

Or.... Game of thrones, two tacos and a 40 of old English

#175 AshesofWake

AshesofWake

chum is fum

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 February 2013 - 02:29 AM

you are truly a king among men. king among men.

Posted Image

#176 kayne2000

kayne2000

All Glory to Tachikoma Paradise

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 February 2013 - 04:02 AM

i think tacos win

#177 CamelGod

CamelGod

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 February 2013 - 05:48 AM

Amazon's Blu-Ray is down to $29.99

#178 AshesofWake

AshesofWake

chum is fum

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 February 2013 - 06:05 AM

boner metropolis.

Game of Titties, here I come.

Posted Image

#179 AsstronautJones

AsstronautJones

bang bang what's the hang

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 February 2013 - 06:26 AM

I have a $20 promo code from Dead Space 3 so I'm definitely ordering from Amazon now

#180 TheAggroCraig

TheAggroCraig

Posted 18 February 2013 - 06:50 AM

Just ordered from Best Buy with the Greyjoy Cover... it looks so rad, even though I feel the Lanister would be more appropriate.

Posted Image

(Ex: Buy/Half/DeepDiscount/Gamestop.com/etc)