Photo
- - - - -

Refund for End of Playstation Official Magazine?

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 J7.

J7.

Posted 28 January 2013 - 04:33 AM

After emailing back and forth with magazine cust service they told me I had to contact amazon re a refund or new magazine replacement since i ordered through there. amazon refunded me what was left on my sub.

Edited by J7., 09 March 2013 - 04:16 AM.

#2 Serpentor

Serpentor

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2013 - 02:52 PM

I didn't even know the magazine has ended... No wonder I haven't receive any issues lately :-(

#3 shrike4242

shrike4242

Not My Job Anymore, Go Bother Someone Else.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2013 - 05:06 PM

Have you called the publisher to ask them what they'll be doing for your specific subscription?

#4 J7.

J7.

Posted 29 January 2013 - 04:13 AM

No not yet. I had forgot about it myself until yesterday. I'm going to call them soon, gotta look at my magazine and see how many issues left.

#5 dmaul1114

dmaul1114

Posted 29 January 2013 - 01:25 PM

I've never gotten a refund when a magazine I subscribed to got cancelled. The publisher usually just transfers the remaining subscription to another one of their magazines.

#6 galvatron2k1

galvatron2k1

I'm Broke Bitch!!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2013 - 03:42 PM

I was in the same boat that you are. Sent them an e-mail and this is the response I got:

Please do not respond to this e-mail.

We will be in touch in the coming 4-8 weeks regarding your remaining subscription term. We ask for your patience as we work through the closure steps.

#7 J7.

J7.

Posted 30 January 2013 - 06:30 AM

I was in the same boat that you are. Sent them an e-mail and this is the response I got:

Please do not respond to this e-mail.

We will be in touch in the coming 4-8 weeks regarding your remaining subscription term. We ask for your patience as we work through the closure steps.

Cool. I think I'll also email them and see if I get the same response.

I've never gotten a refund when a magazine I subscribed to got cancelled. The publisher usually just transfers the remaining subscription to another one of their magazines.

When EGM ended they sent Maxim in it's place but they also gave the option of contacting them for a pro-rated refund. If I recall correctly I got into a big argument with them on the phone regarding how many issues I received/had left to refund.

#8 skiizim

skiizim

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2013 - 08:35 AM

Cool. I think I'll also email them and see if I get the same response.

When EGM ended they sent Maxim in it's place but they also gave the option of contacting them for a pro-rated refund. If I recall correctly I got into a big argument with them on the phone regarding how many issues I received/had left to refund.

That company is stupid, I've been getting Maxim for years (knocks on wood) and I've never subscribed to them. I honestly don't know why I keep on getting magazines but I keep on getting them so I wont complain, why can't they Fuck up and send me Playboy instead.

#9 dmaul1114

dmaul1114

Posted 30 January 2013 - 02:58 PM

I've had that happen with other magazines (Rolling Stone was one).

I think sometimes they just keep sending (or restart subs) to people who's subscription expired to keep circulation numbers up so they can charge advertisers more as that's where they really make their money.

#10 slidecage

slidecage

Nothing to say

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2013 - 03:15 PM

i still never got my nintendo power one either
WOOOO I STINK

#11 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2013 - 02:30 AM

Maybe they'll sell all of their subscribers' information to a completely different magazine instead, like EGM-to-Maxim back in the day.

You read it. You can't unread it.

Horror Chicken: F.E.A.R. and Resident Evil 4

#12 J7.

J7.

Posted 19 February 2013 - 11:35 PM

After emailing back and forth with magazine cust service they told me I had to contact amazon re a refund or new magazine replacement since i ordered through there. amazon refunded me what was left on my sub.

#13 blume3

blume3

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 March 2013 - 12:23 AM

Amazon ftw

2ibzq5d.jpg

#14 slidecage

slidecage

Nothing to say

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 March 2013 - 12:30 AM

i still never got my nintendo power one either

still never got a refund said i was not a member even though i have the last book saying i have a membership till feb 2014
WOOOO I STINK

#15 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 March 2013 - 09:06 AM

Most likely your subscription will be put into a magazine of a "similar demographic."

At E3 2004 I went to the Ziff Davis booth and bought 2-year subscriptions to each of their 4 magazines (OPM, OXM, EGM, and the EB Games Mag that went away when GS bought EB) for a grand total of $40. Each time one of those mags shut down my subscription was tacked onto my Maxim subscription automatically without asking me. Now I have a Maxim subscription until April 2017 and I haven't paid for it since about 2005.

Listen to the Checkmate Arcade video game podcast! Also available on ITunes & Stitcher Radio
42869.png

#16 needler420

needler420

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 March 2013 - 09:19 AM

Most likely your subscription will be put into a magazine of a "similar demographic."

At E3 2004 I went to the Ziff Davis booth and bought 2-year subscriptions to each of their 4 magazines (OPM, OXM, EGM, and the EB Games Mag that went away when GS bought EB) for a grand total of $40. Each time one of those mags shut down my subscription was tacked onto my Maxim subscription automatically without asking me. Now I have a Maxim subscription until April 2017 and I haven't paid for it since about 2005.

People on CAG have been getting Maxim free so it's not like that is compensation imo.

I'm like 6 issues into a a free year.

That's like subbing to a car magazine and when it gets cancelled they give you gun magazine instead.

Video games magaznies are something I never throw away. Maxim is toilet paper.

needler420.png

#17 J7.

J7.

Posted 09 March 2013 - 04:16 AM

updated op