PSVita 32GB Memory Card $80.96 + Free Shipping | NewEgg

I missed out too, but I'm really waiting for a much steeper price cut. I prefer physical copy games anyway, so all digital content can waita little longer.

placed it in cart. then deleted it. knowing that $80 is still too damn expensive for some basic technology. when will sony learn?

I would pay that for a 32 gig card but I don't have that much to throw at Newegg. Been sitting around with a $50 gift card to Best Buy gathering dust because they haven't had any worthwhile deals. That would get me a 16 gig card on Newegg with only a little overage for tax.
Everywhere should just adopt lowered pricing on the cards, its clear that the boost in sales would outweigh the drop in price.

[quote name='Daviddenton3']I would pay that for a 32 gig card but I don't have that much to throw at Newegg. Been sitting around with a $50 gift card to Best Buy gathering dust because they haven't had any worthwhile deals. That would get me a 16 gig card on Newegg with only a little overage for tax.
Everywhere should just adopt lowered pricing on the cards, its clear that the boost in sales would outweigh the drop in price.[/QUOTE]

My Best Buy price matches Newegg, although some do not. Might be worth a shot. I'm thinking about doing it since I have gift cards too.

[quote name='Nintendonly']$20 or bust.[/QUOTE]

They'll only go that low when the Vita has been discontinued and/or you find one at a garage sale.

[quote name='Nintendonly']$20 or bust.[/QUOTE]

You'd have a hard time even finding a 32GB micro SD card for that price- if you buy from actual retailers, and buy name brands. You can get them cheaper, but the cheaper ones are normally cheap Chinese knockoffs, which perform worse than any you'd find at a store.

still $50 too much. call me when Sony comes back down to earth and notes that slapping "sony" onto an everyday product doesnt constitute brutal price gouging.

Yeah, this is no deal unless you reside in a dimension called reality, have a job, need one, don't spend your life bitching about things constantly on forums, and last but not least, want to save $20.

[quote name='jedolley']I saw this the other day, but managed to get my 32GB for $49.99 using the $50 off BB Mastercard coupon.[/QUOTE]
sounds like i missed something :'(

[quote name='get_loud']Yeah, this is no deal unless you reside in a dimension called reality, have a job, need one, don't spend your life bitching about things constantly on forums, and last but not least, want to save $20.[/QUOTE]

wow, calmate dude. he's saying that he hates the fact that $80 is considered "deal" for what is standard, cheap, modern technology. And the fact that I have a job makes me even more upset; why spend hardearned money on overpriced items?

I think you're alone here when you say that $80 isn't too much for a micro sd card with "Sony" slapped on it.

And what's wrong with complaining? If it weren't for speaking out, then companies continue to get away with it. Imagine a land full of you's; Sony would price it at $200 and tell you to stop crying about it.

Speaking out against unethical corporate practices - including price gouging - is called being a valuable consumer. Telling people to shut up every time they have a complaint? Sounds like communism to me.

Every time someone posts a deal on these we get a bunch of crybabies belly-aching about the price. These same people probably gleefully handed Microsoft $200 for a 120 GB hard drive when those debuted for the 360. Accessories are big money makers for Microsoft, Sony, and Nintendo and they are going to overcharge accordingly. Always have and always will. Vita memory cards aren't even close to the worst offender historically... you guys are just showing your age I guess.

[quote name='Kazuya']Every time someone posts a deal on these we get a bunch of crybabies belly-aching about the price. These same people probably gleefully handed Microsoft $200 for a 120 GB hard drive when those debuted for the 360. Accessories are big money makers for Microsoft, Sony, and Nintendo and they are going to overcharge accordingly. Always have and always will. Vita memory cards aren't even close to the worst offender historically... you guys are just showing your age I guess.[/QUOTE]

Wait, are you saying people had to pay a tidy sum for a 32 MEGAbyte add on in order to play some later n64 games? Ridiculous.

To anyone who owns a vita and can't buy this, please sell it to someone on Craigslist who will actually enjoy it. Or continue waiting while we enjoy the tech and its inherent costs that we understood before buying.

Oh and please don't buy a gaming PC. Your head will explode.

My favorite part of these threads are the people who like to counter complain. They have to resort to name calling and elitism because if you look at it logically there's no reason for these to cost this much. BUT that doesn't matter because they have to justify their purchase price otherwise they "lose" some how.

Ordered. Might as well enjoy my PS+ games while I have my subscription.

Looks like Ninja Gaiden Sigma is being added this week to PS+, makes it hurt a little less.

[quote name='Kazuya']Every time someone posts a deal on these we get a bunch of crybabies belly-aching about the price. These same people probably gleefully handed Microsoft $200 for a 120 GB hard drive when those debuted for the 360. Accessories are big money makers for Microsoft, Sony, and Nintendo and they are going to overcharge accordingly. Always have and always will. Vita memory cards aren't even close to the worst offender historically... you guys are just showing your age I guess.[/QUOTE]

You yourself said they are "overcharging." Now tell me why people shouldn't complain?

[quote name='get_loud']Wait, are you saying people had to pay a tidy sum for a 32 MEGAbyte add on in order to play some later n64 games? Ridiculous.

To anyone who owns a vita and can't buy this, please sell it to someone on Craigslist who will actually enjoy it. Or continue waiting while we enjoy the tech and its inherent costs that we understood before buying.

Oh and please don't buy a gaming PC. Your head will explode.[/QUOTE]

Since when did you need 32gb memory card to enjoy your Vita? People who have problem with overall price of memory cards probably didn't even get a Vita in the first place. Thus the low sale.

Find me a thread where someone claimed a $200 120gb hard drive was a deal and didn't take any flak for it. Personally I got my 4gb 360 for $100 from a bf deal then added my own hard drive with an enclosure I got from deal extreme. And for my psp I use a photofast 2xmicrosdhc - mspd adapter. So until you see other options for Vita storage other than buying Sony's product people will complain.

As far as showing our age I've paid over 4 figures for a less than 1gb scsi hard drive way back when but I had a choice of what brand to buy, I wasn't stuck buying the pc manufacturers brand and that makes all the difference imo.

[quote name='ancientbarb']You yourself said they are "overcharging." Now tell me why people shouldn't complain?[/QUOTE]

It's not the complaining that's the problem (btw I'm not speaking for anyone but myself) it's the asinine comments about pricing.

Here's how this site works:

Looking at deals, scroll scroll scroll...ooh, I need one of those. Damn it's expensive in relation to other media but I want to enjoy my games/system and I can afford to. Wish it was cheaper but not going down anytime soon and...ordered. Thanks OP!

Coming on here and saying "I'm waiting till it's $1. That game will be $5 in a week. That company is gouging me so everyone should think my way and not enjoy their stuff."

Those comments are just troll-worthy and unproductive. Find me a cheaper price, don't tell me it's overpriced.

[quote name='shivan128']Thanks OP, after seeing this sale at sony.com: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=335251&highlight=vita+memory , I'm going to pass. Will wait for a better price.[/QUOTE]I posted the press release in the CAG vita section Sony has already confirmed both PSvita system & memory card perm. price cuts this yr.

[quote name='Dranakin']Damn, how'd I miss that sale? Guess I'll wait for post-E3 at this point.[/QUOTE]above

[quote name='Daviddenton3']I would pay that for a 32 gig card but I don't have that much to throw at Newegg. Been sitting around with a $50 gift card to Best Buy gathering dust because they haven't had any worthwhile deals. That would get me a 16 gig card on Newegg with only a little overage for tax.
Everywhere should just adopt lowered pricing on the cards, its clear that the boost in sales would outweigh the drop in price.[/QUOTE]walmart.com always has the 32GB for $81.XX so you could match at BB using your smart phone. But again as above there is a price cut coming anyways.

Also, since BB price matches you can take any other stores worthwhile deals & make them BBs.

I assume they didn't say how much of a price cut on the memory cards, did they? I bought one of the $60 32GB ones during the Sony sale and I'd hate to think I bit too soon. Not that I'm not loving having enough space for a swath of downloads now.

I just won't buy until it reaches a more affordable price point (like $50 msrp instead of $100). Until then I would just use a smaller card.

Holding out aswell, eventually they will drop and that is when I will snatch one up.
oyeah

Everywhere should just adopt lowered pricing on the cards, its clear that the boost in sales would outweigh the drop in price.[/QUOTE]

Best Buy will price match. Trust me they have a listing for it.

i wonder if it's as easy as resoldering a microsd onto a psv proprietary. i can't believe we haven't found away to use a micro sd yet.

Someone needs to come up with a custom card already to get away from these insane prices. I'm looking at you China.

[quote name='Fabrizo']Someone needs to come up with a custom card already to get away from these insane prices. I'm looking at you China.[/QUOTE]

Agree I can't understand why there aren't any alternatives

What about MS price gouging changes the fact that Sony is price gouging? Just because A is wrong doesnt mean B has to be as well...your point is moot.

"so what if i killed my girlfriend? Hitler killed millions so stop being mad at me"

see? zero logic.

[quote name='Enuf']I posted the press release in the CAG vita section Sony has already confirmed both PSvita system & memory card perm. price cuts this yr.
[/QUOTE]

This is welcome news since a permanent price drop combined with a sale may bring the price down to a respectable level. I dont think it will ever be as cheap as actual microsd, but it's a start.

[quote name='Enuf']I posted the press release in the CAG vita section Sony has already confirmed both PSvita system & memory card perm. price cuts this yr.
[/QUOTE]

http://www.product-reviews.net/2013/01/02/ps-vita-memory-card-price-cut-for-2013/

That's what you posted, and it's not a press release, nor is anything in it even a statement from Sony. It's a blog which I had never heard of before reporting a sale on memory cards, and then speculating based on that that a permanent price drop might be on the way.

That said, sure, a price cut this year is likely. It's just not certain, nor is the amount that the prices might be cut by. The earliest we're likely to see the cut by is late spring, after E3 and everything else, and I'd be very surprised if MSRP went below $60. It's a question of whether you think waiting at least several months, possibly more than half a year in order to save $20-$30, or if you just want to jump on this now and have plenty of storage for digital game purchases.

Either way, people need to stop spreading misinformation about some "confirmed" price cut unless they have some actual proof to back it up.

Actually, Sony confirmed a 2013 hardware price cut last oct. Sony's UK boss was quoted ''yes'' to the hardware price cut. Then sony made headlines during the 1st week of 2013 when sources followed up on that & asked about the memory cards. Sony's pulling the we dont comment on rumors b/c this will be huge E3 headline. Combined with ps4 sony hopes to win e3.
Google the fergal gara(UK boss) quotes

[quote name='Graff^']http://www.product-reviews.net/2013/01/02/ps-vita-memory-card-price-cut-for-2013/

That's what you posted, and it's not a press release, nor is anything in it even a statement from Sony. It's a blog which I had never heard of before reporting a sale on memory cards, and then speculating based on that that a permanent price drop might be on the way.

That said, sure, a price cut this year is likely. It's just not certain, nor is the amount that the prices might be cut by. The earliest we're likely to see the cut by is late spring, after E3 and everything else, and I'd be very surprised if MSRP went below $60. It's a question of whether you think waiting at least several months, possibly more than half a year in order to save $20-$30, or if you just want to jump on this now and have plenty of storage for digital game purchases.

Either way, people need to stop spreading misinformation about some "confirmed" price cut unless they have some actual proof to back it up.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Enuf']Actually, Sony confirmed a 2013 hardware price cut last oct. Sony's UK boss was quoted ''yes'' to the hardware price cut. Then sony made headlines during the 1st week of 2013 when sources followed up on that & asked about the memory cards. Sony's pulling the we dont comment on rumors b/c this will be huge E3 headline. Combined with ps4 sony hopes to win e3.
Google the fergal gara(UK boss) quotes[/QUOTE]

Yes. Sony Europe, in an interview with Eurogamer confirmed that they were probably going to have some sort of price cut on the [isystem itself[/i] (which costs a great deal more there than here after you convert for currency). Nowhere were memory cards even mentioned, let alone confirmed to be dropping in price, let alone any of this even remotely applying to territories outside of Europe. Find a single Sony-sourced link which alludes to a US price-cut on memory cards, and then you may have a point.

[quote name='Kazuya']Every time someone posts a deal on these we get a bunch of crybabies belly-aching about the price. These same people probably gleefully handed Microsoft $200 for a 120 GB hard drive when those debuted for the 360. Accessories are big money makers for Microsoft, Sony, and Nintendo and they are going to overcharge accordingly. Always have and always will. Vita memory cards aren't even close to the worst offender historically... you guys are just showing your age I guess.[/QUOTE] way to turn a legit complaint into "bellyaching" so what if ms also price gouges hdd's? does that suddenly change the fact that sony is price gouging? nope. and i dont even own an xbox, so there ya go: your point is moot. theres nothing wrong with expressing displeasure towards a company youve been giving hundreds (nay, thousands?) of dollars to...it's called being a responsible consumer. you? bigotry.

als consider that an xbox comes with an hdd. you have to break it in order to need a new one. vita? nothing included even though you need one to play. they even went as farcas to deliberately not include a tiny amount of flash storage for save files

bread's done
Back