GameStop Preowned PS2 Buy 1 Get 1 50% Off

• Please log in to reply
54 replies to this topic

#1 Jhuntley

Jhuntley

Is not a robot

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2013 - 06:50 PM

Sale runs until 2/17/2013 and works with CAG16 and Saver codes.

Edited by Jhuntley, 28 January 2013 - 09:52 PM.

My Favorite Games of This Gen: Alan Wake series, Call of Duty series, Shadows of the Damned, Saints Row III
My Most Hated Games This Gen: Battlefield series, Uncharted series
Posted Image

#2 irishsoccermbw

irishsoccermbw

Prosecution Rests

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2013 - 06:56 PM

Hopefully the real deals start on the 18th :)

#3 Gosha

Gosha

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2013 - 06:59 PM

In store too? Looks like this works on Wii games as well.

#4 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2013 - 07:00 PM

Many stores are doing B2G1F on PS2 only.

#5 gldoorii

gldoorii

What the...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2013 - 07:30 PM

Wait, wasn't this JUST a B1G1 free recently? Now it's only B1G1 half off?

#6 detectiveconan16

detectiveconan16

Look at that deal. It's so great!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2013 - 08:59 PM

That was online only. And this deal isn't really worth it since the discount after B2G1 is bigger than getting the other one half off. It would be better to get B2G2 at this point in the PS2 lifecycle.

Batsugunner.png

#7 Jhuntley

Jhuntley

Is not a robot

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2013 - 09:50 PM

That was online only. And this deal isn't really worth it since the discount after B2G1 is bigger than getting the other one half off. It would be better to get B2G2 at this point in the PS2 lifecycle.

Is that B2G1 sale at all stores or is it select? I was just at a store today ordering Silent HIll and the guy didn't mention anything.
My Favorite Games of This Gen: Alan Wake series, Call of Duty series, Shadows of the Damned, Saints Row III
My Most Hated Games This Gen: Battlefield series, Uncharted series
Posted Image

#8 Hemi

Hemi

One with the never-ending backlog.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2013 - 10:51 PM

Assuming all 3 games = same $... yes, but if one games $25, the other $20 and the last is $10 spend $45 save $10, b1g1 spend $45 as well, there ARE ways that you can save more / the same both ways.

#9 Vinny

Vinny

Bang, bang... pew...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2013 - 10:54 PM

I bought 2 games from this sale the last time it was up and both discs had these silver stickers in the center. I thought they were those rental stickers so I removed them. Upon removing them, I saw that the center slot had cracks in it. The stickers are there to prevent further cracking/chipping of the slot.

No way I'm sticking something like that in my console.

Currently playing: 

:wiiu: Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD - :D

:vita: Valhalla Knights 3 - :-|

:ps3: Zone of the Enders 2nd Runner HD - :)

fyreboltx.png
║My Tradelists: Games, Guides & Game Related Goodies║Wantlist║

#10 Hemi

Hemi

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2013 - 10:56 PM

Also, the second method you dont NEED three games, hard enough to find TWO gems at gs in good condition these days. (Also... I got more then half the dot hacks in california, new york, and ct, texas etc. being shipped to my store :-P) So if anyones ok with disc only/generic case I can hook them up with quarantine + dvd, and G.U 1-3 (the other 3 aren't hard to find) for Cost + some extra.

#11 Hemi

Hemi

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2013 - 10:58 PM

I bought 2 games from this sale the last time it was up and both discs had these silver stickers in the center. I thought they were those rental stickers so I removed them. Upon removing them, I saw that the center slot had cracks in it. The stickers are there to prevent further cracking/chipping of the slot.

No way I'm sticking something like that in my console.

yeah... agreed, always get in store if buying used, otherwise... u get the rejects/resurfaced/WTF DID THEY DO TO IT?'s.
Look what happened with the online stock GC games recently... poor things...

#12 Desousa93

Desousa93

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2013 - 11:16 PM

Also, the second method you dont NEED three games, hard enough to find TWO gems at gs in good condition these days. (Also... I got more then half the dot hacks in california, new york, and ct, texas etc. being shipped to my store :-P) So if anyones ok with disc only/generic case I can hook them up with quarantine + dvd, and G.U 1-3 (the other 3 aren't hard to find) for Cost + some extra.

So how does this ship to store thing work do we need to get in with someone at gamestop.

#13 Hemi

Hemi

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2013 - 11:42 PM

So how does this ship to store thing work do we need to get in with someone at gamestop.

No it's store to store lol. Heres exactly what I do.
First I got my gs's store number here http://www.mystore41...store-locations
(4 digit number) next to name (#xxxx)

Then find the item (or item's) in stock online, type in random city's etc like
miami, fla
Los angelos, ca
ETC. the big ones, dont close the search btw, look in the url.
See that number SKU=xxxxxx? Good.
When you found a store say "I'm asking about the availability of a (playstation 2, gamecube, etc.) game.
They ask the name of it.
Say the sku number (remember that part?) is xxxxxx.
At that point they think ur an employee by themselves lol, they check for the game for real now, and tend to give effort now (got one guy to check every sleeved game on the floor lol) Feel free to make em check for origional case.
If they find it GREAT!!! Ask if they can do a RSB or transfer (RSB is the formal name) to store number (#xxxx)
Then once they say sure, ask them to make a notation, hold for customer (YOUR NAME HERE he he) THEN BAM DONE (doesn't hurt to follow up in a day or two as well)

If they go OHHH your an employee, play along
(some stores very rarely dont like shipping a single $15-20 game) so it's best to have a few and try the stores with multiple games you want in stock.
But yup thats the whole conversation with smalltalk sometimes thrown in.

#14 Hemi

Hemi

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2013 - 11:46 PM

I mean heck, I never start the call with I WORK AT GAMESTOP, so if I ask for a transfer to the store I shop at and they do it not knowing im a tricky customer, not my fault lol.

#15 Hemi

Hemi

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2013 - 11:50 PM

tuesday the 29th... the day dozens of gs's across the country will get asked for transfers XD

#16 Deader2818

Deader2818

Flipadelphia!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2013 - 11:57 PM

I just got a store to transfer over what he told me was a pretty much mint copy of .hack part 4. Guy was super nice and didn't mind at all.

#17 Hemi

Hemi

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2013 - 12:35 AM

Did it have a case?

#18 Deader2818

Deader2818

Flipadelphia!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2013 - 12:42 AM

Case, manual and still had the anime DVD

#19 Hemi

Hemi

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2013 - 12:54 AM

*** whered u find it ( most got the dvd)

#20 Hemi

Hemi

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2013 - 12:23 AM

Any word if this stacks with the 20% off coupon?

#21 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2013 - 02:02 AM

Many stores are doing B2G1F on PS2 only.

My bad, stores had been doing B2G1F on PS2 games since Christmas, but now that's replaced with this B1G1 50% off.

And good luck if you can convince a store to ship one game across the country to another GS. Yes it can be done but usually if my store I shop at is forced to do that, they send all kinds of crap they can't sell to the store requesting the rare game to justify the UPS cost of sending it.

Listen to the Checkmate Arcade video game podcast! Also available on ITunes, Stitcher Radio, or YouTube.
42869.png

#22 pixi

pixi

Megabitch

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2013 - 02:43 AM

If anyone happens to find Sitting Ducks, even disc only (should be ~ $0.99), me & another person on Goozex are looking for it.

~Shameful Goozex plug~

#23 Hemi

Hemi

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2013 - 03:50 AM

If anyone happens to find Sitting Ducks, even disc only (should be ~ $0.99), me & another person on Goozex are looking for it.

~Shameful Goozex plug~

Looks like they trashed it, not on the website for ps2

#24 pixi

pixi

Megabitch

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2013 - 08:51 PM

Looks like they trashed it, not on the website for ps2

So they just throw all the copies out? Is it ordered to do so?

#25 Hemi

Hemi

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2013 - 04:47 AM

Guessing like the penny guides, they just destroy them, like literally destroy, it's wasted space needed for other inventory.
When they zero out/remove from the system, they get a memo or w.e to destroy the ones they have left (you didn't really think all these old games SOLD OUT did you?)

#26 scaryice

scaryice

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2013 - 06:38 AM

Based on their web site, it seems like they got rid of every game worth less than $1.49.

#27 rawrker

rawrker

Supreme Llama Tickler

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2013 - 09:55 AM

Based on their web site, it seems like they got rid of every game worth less than $1.49.

Following the 10 for $1 sale even the warehouse for online distribution took the sledge hammer to the games. They like to smash stuff.

#28 Hemi

Hemi

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2013 - 11:49 PM

Well just picked up dot hack part 4, CIB minus DVD, got more games coming tomorrow so they said bring the receipt and they can apply it to the deal.

#29 ElementalCrisis

ElementalCrisis

CAG in Training

• CAG Veteran

Posted 02 February 2013 - 06:26 AM

I'm amazed how how rare Quarantine has become, I remember when we had multiple copies of it in my store for $20 bucks and no one wanted to buy them.

@Hemi
I'm surprised to hear that some store transferred a rare game like that for you. We spent way too long looking for Twilight Princess on GC for a defective exchange for a customer, had about 5 stores tell me they'd ship it and only ever received one copy.

#30 Deader2818

Deader2818

Flipadelphia!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 February 2013 - 06:30 AM

Yeah, it goes for at least 100 on ebay. Amazon the cheapest complete copy is 130.

Getting it for 34 feels like such a steal.