GameStop Preowned PS2 Buy 1 Get 1 50% Off

• Please log in to reply
54 replies to this topic

#31 Hemi

Hemi

One with the never-ending backlog.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 February 2013 - 07:22 AM

I'm amazed how how rare Quarantine has become, I remember when we had multiple copies of it in my store for $20 bucks and no one wanted to buy them.

@Hemi

I'm surprised to hear that some store transferred a rare game like that for you. We spent way too long looking for Twilight Princess on GC for a defective exchange for a customer, had about 5 stores tell me they'd ship it and only ever received one copy.

If this was during 75% off might be why, they probably realzed it'd get less then it costs in shipping.

The price actually was 32 ($9 from 20% coupon and $4.50 from PUR), but it help's when I called every store with it in stock in NY, NJ, PA, FL, and California, none others have shown up yet but fingers crossed they got transfered. More should arrive monday, hoping to pick up the whole dot hack series, especially the G.U's. but left out the first 3, not rare or expensive enough to waste an employee's time transferring it for me.

#32 Deader2818

Deader2818

Flipadelphia!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 February 2013 - 07:27 AM

I need G U 2 and 3. I hope you didn't take them from where I was hoping to get them, lol.

#33 aptanor

aptanor

Posted 02 February 2013 - 02:32 PM

If anybody happens upon multiple copies of .hack 4 that have the DVD and you just plan to flip them, I'm just missing that DVD, so if you could cannibalize it for me I'd greatly appreciate it.

Posted Image

#34 Hemi

Hemi

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 February 2013 - 09:07 PM

Right now im trying to hookup another CAG with part 4 (disc only is fine even so he doesn't mind no dvd), if another transfer comes through I will let you know. Not intended to be flipping, just wanted to increase the odds I get all 4 for myself lol, if I get extras that come in I will be spreading the wealth.

Also deader, the G.U'S are a bit more common, tryed to limit them to the stores that also had part 4 quarantine. (If you are seriously looking my local game store I go to, not gs, has G.U 1-3 CIB) so if I dont get enough spare's I can pick them up there for close to GS prices, without any discounts.

#35 Watcher033

Watcher033

Posted 04 February 2013 - 07:37 PM

Looks like a restock. I managed to snag these.

Tales of the Legendia
Shadow Hearts Covenant
Eternal Poison
Firefighter FD 18
Grandia II
Growlanser Heritage of War
War of the Monsters
Star Ocean Til the End of Time
Radiata Stories
Magna Carta Tears of Blood
Valkyrie Profile 2
Rogue Galaxy

I just wish Rule of Rose would show up!

#36 Hemi

Hemi

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 February 2013 - 06:06 AM

Picked up some more .Hack's with this promo

#37 Watcher033

Watcher033

Posted 08 February 2013 - 11:26 PM

Picked up some more and filled in a lot of gaps in the ps2 collection

Suikoden IV
Street Fighter Anniversary
Gradius V
Shadow Hearts From the new world
Grandia Xtreme
Arcana Heart

#38 Drclaw411

Drclaw411

I miss Cartoon Orbit

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 February 2013 - 01:14 AM

So damn many I want, but they don't have covers available on coverproject. I can't make myself add generic cases to my shelf.

#39 Hemi

Hemi

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 February 2013 - 01:21 AM

So damn many I want, but they don't have covers available on coverproject. I can't make myself add generic cases to my shelf.

Work's in store too, try calling them with stock to see what they have, I got a CIB .hack//part 4 quarantine, CIB... so you never know.

#40 ZeroUnderOne

ZeroUnderOne

Posted 09 February 2013 - 02:53 AM

Yo guys, I found a copy of .hack part 3 outbreak with the case but no manual or anime dvd. I ended up picking it up for $10. Is it worth it for? I've never played the games and I figured they sync up, so would I want to start from part 1?

#41 Dead_Batteries

Dead_Batteries

Voltaic Pile

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 February 2013 - 03:25 AM

Yo guys, I found a copy of .hack part 3 outbreak with the case but no manual or anime dvd. I ended up picking it up for $10. Is it worth it for? I've never played the games and I figured they sync up, so would I want to start from part 1?

It would be better to.

#42 Hemi

Hemi

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 February 2013 - 03:50 AM

Part 1 is available on the website, and part 2 is very easy to find, but yes get them. Part 4 is where you will have trouble finding, goes for $80+ on ebay,

It is a great series, even has some anime's, etc.

#43 Watcher033

Watcher033

Posted 09 February 2013 - 05:28 PM

First shipment and here are the results. I knew what I was getting into. Thank you cover art project for some help here. Also 2 disc games didn't come in 2 disc cases. luckily I had some extras.

Looks like a restock. I managed to snag these.

Tales of the Legendia - Case only
Shadow Hearts Covenant - discs only
Eternal Poison - disc only no soundtrack disc and get this it wasn't even an eternal poison disc just some racing game with eternal poison label glued on. Wow Gamestop....Wow.
Firefighter FD 18 - Case only
Grandia II - Case only
Growlanser Heritage of War - Complete!
War of the Monsters - Complete!
Star Ocean Til the End of Time - discs only
Radiata Stories - case only
Magna Carta Tears of Blood - case only
Valkyrie Profile 2 - case only
Rogue Galaxy - disc only

I just wish Rule of Rose would show up!

#44 Rozz

Rozz

Posted 09 February 2013 - 05:44 PM

First shipment and here are the results. I knew what I was getting into. Thank you cover art project for some help here. Also 2 disc games didn't come in 2 disc cases. luckily I had some extras.

The real question is... do they actually all work? ;)

#45 Hemi

Hemi

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 February 2013 - 06:41 PM

The real question is... do they actually all work?

Lol it's not my fault that happened XD

#46 Rozz

Rozz

Posted 09 February 2013 - 08:25 PM

Lol it's not my fault that happened XD

Haha, I wasn't referring to you man. :lol: I stopped ordering PS2 games from Gamestop.com because a large portion of them are actually from their defective store stock... I'm wondering if all of his stuff actually worked because some of the discs look decent but Gamestop's resurfacing machines often kill the discs.

#47 Watcher033

Watcher033

Posted 09 February 2013 - 11:44 PM

They all worked! Even the fake eternal poison!

#48 Watcher033

Watcher033

Posted 12 February 2013 - 05:20 PM

I got a copy of Street Fighter Anniversary Collection that is disc only. Anyone out there that can hook me up with a cover scan? There surprisingly isn't one on Cover Project.

#49 spamfree2

spamfree2

cheap but tasteful ;P

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2013 - 05:26 PM

I got a copy of Street Fighter Anniversary Collection that is disc only. Anyone out there that can hook me up with a cover scan? There surprisingly isn't one on Cover Project.

1. Go to google.com
2. Type : Street Fighter Anniversary Collection PS2 in search. Hit search.
3. Click on the Images tab
4. The first hit is a hi-res cover for you.
5. Your welcome

#50 aus_nacht

aus_nacht

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2013 - 05:40 PM

You can get almost all of these games for half the game stop used price on half, ebay, or amazon. Sometimes you can get them new for half the gs used price. Make sure you do a little finger work before you buy.
"Just a heads up: we're gonna have a superconductor turned up full blast and pointed at you for the duration of this next test. I'll be honest - we're throwing science at the wall here to see what sticks. No idea what it'll do. Probably nothing. Best-case scenario, you might get some superpowers. Worst case, some tumors, which we'll cut out. " - C. Johnson

#51 Watcher033

Watcher033

Posted 13 February 2013 - 01:17 AM

Thanks Spamfree2. I way over thought that process. Google is indeed my friend.

#52 MR_E

MR_E

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2013 - 01:25 AM

Finally managed to find a store with a couple decent singstar games (to basically use as track packs with the ps3 singstar's disc swap functionality).

#53 rawrker

rawrker

Supreme Llama Tickler

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2013 - 01:47 AM

If you can't find coverart on the coverproject, http://www.cdcovers.cc/ is also a good site to find several.

#54 Asmith906

Asmith906

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 February 2013 - 09:07 PM

THought I'd let you guys know that apparently the 50% off still works on gamestops website. I picked up suikoden 3 and silent hill 2

#55 Hemi

Hemi

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 February 2013 - 12:57 AM

Still in store too.