GameStop Preowned PS2 Buy 1 Get 1 50% Off

That was online only. And this deal isn't really worth it since the discount after B2G1 is bigger than getting the other one half off. It would be better to get B2G2 at this point in the PS2 lifecycle.

[quote name='detectiveconan16']That was online only. And this deal isn't really worth it since the discount after B2G1 is bigger than getting the other one half off. It would be better to get B2G2 at this point in the PS2 lifecycle.[/QUOTE]
Is that B2G1 sale at all stores or is it select? I was just at a store today ordering Silent HIll and the guy didn't mention anything.

[quote name='detectiveconan16']That was online only. And this deal isn't really worth it since the discount after B2G1 is bigger than getting the other one half off. It would be better to get B2G2 at this point in the PS2 lifecycle.[/QUOTE]

Assuming all 3 games = same $... yes, but if one games $25, the other $20 and the last is $10 spend $45 save $10, b1g1 spend $45 as well, there ARE ways that you can save more / the same both ways.

I bought 2 games from this sale the last time it was up and both discs had these silver stickers in the center. I thought they were those rental stickers so I removed them. Upon removing them, I saw that the center slot had cracks in it. The stickers are there to prevent further cracking/chipping of the slot.

No way I'm sticking something like that in my console.

Also, the second method you dont NEED three games, hard enough to find TWO gems at gs in good condition these days. (Also... I got more then half the dot hacks in california, new york, and ct, texas etc. being shipped to my store :p) So if anyones ok with disc only/generic case I can hook them up with quarantine + dvd, and G.U 1-3 (the other 3 aren't hard to find) for Cost + some extra.

[quote name='Vinny']I bought 2 games from this sale the last time it was up and both discs had these silver stickers in the center. I thought they were those rental stickers so I removed them. Upon removing them, I saw that the center slot had cracks in it. The stickers are there to prevent further cracking/chipping of the slot.

No way I'm sticking something like that in my console.[/QUOTE]

yeah... agreed, always get in store if buying used, otherwise... u get the rejects/resurfaced/WTF DID THEY DO TO IT?'s.
Look what happened with the online stock GC games recently... poor things...

[quote name='Hemi']Also, the second method you dont NEED three games, hard enough to find TWO gems at gs in good condition these days. (Also... I got more then half the dot hacks in california, new york, and ct, texas etc. being shipped to my store :p) So if anyones ok with disc only/generic case I can hook them up with quarantine + dvd, and G.U 1-3 (the other 3 aren't hard to find) for Cost + some extra.[/QUOTE]

So how does this ship to store thing work do we need to get in with someone at gamestop.

[quote name='Desousa93']So how does this ship to store thing work do we need to get in with someone at gamestop.[/QUOTE]

No it's store to store lol. Heres exactly what I do.
First I got my gs's store number here http://www.mystore411.com/store/listing/47/Game-Stop-store-locations
(4 digit number) next to name (#xxxx)

Then find the item (or item's) in stock online, type in random city's etc like
miami, fla
Los angelos, ca
ETC. the big ones, dont close the search btw, look in the url.
See that number SKU=xxxxxx? Good.
When you found a store say "I'm asking about the availability of a (playstation 2, gamecube, etc.) game.
They ask the name of it.
Say the sku number (remember that part?) is xxxxxx.
At that point they think ur an employee by themselves lol, they check for the game for real now, and tend to give effort now (got one guy to check every sleeved game on the floor lol) Feel free to make em check for origional case.
If they find it GREAT!!! Ask if they can do a RSB or transfer (RSB is the formal name) to store number (#xxxx)
Then once they say sure, ask them to make a notation, hold for customer (YOUR NAME HERE he he) THEN BAM DONE (doesn't hurt to follow up in a day or two as well)

If they go OHHH your an employee, play along
(some stores very rarely dont like shipping a single $15-20 game) so it's best to have a few and try the stores with multiple games you want in stock.
But yup thats the whole conversation with smalltalk sometimes thrown in.

I mean heck, I never start the call with I WORK AT GAMESTOP, so if I ask for a transfer to the store I shop at and they do it not knowing im a tricky customer, not my fault lol.

I just got a store to transfer over what he told me was a pretty much mint copy of .hack part 4. Guy was super nice and didn't mind at all.

[quote name='MSUHitman']Many stores are doing B2G1F on PS2 only.[/QUOTE]

My bad, stores had been doing B2G1F on PS2 games since Christmas, but now that's replaced with this B1G1 50% off.

And good luck if you can convince a store to ship one game across the country to another GS. Yes it can be done but usually if my store I shop at is forced to do that, they send all kinds of crap they can't sell to the store requesting the rare game to justify the UPS cost of sending it.

If anyone happens to find Sitting Ducks, even disc only (should be ~ $0.99), me & another person on Goozex are looking for it.

~Shameful Goozex plug~

[quote name='pixi']If anyone happens to find Sitting Ducks, even disc only (should be ~ $0.99), me & another person on Goozex are looking for it.

~Shameful Goozex plug~[/QUOTE]

Looks like they trashed it, not on the website for ps2

[quote name='Hemi']Looks like they trashed it, not on the website for ps2[/QUOTE]

So they just throw all the copies out? Is it ordered to do so?

Guessing like the penny guides, they just destroy them, like literally destroy, it's wasted space needed for other inventory.
When they zero out/remove from the system, they get a memo or w.e to destroy the ones they have left (you didn't really think all these old games SOLD OUT did you?)

[quote name='scaryice']Based on their web site, it seems like they got rid of every game worth less than $1.49.[/QUOTE]

Following the 10 for $1 sale even the warehouse for online distribution took the sledge hammer to the games. They like to smash stuff.

Well just picked up dot hack part 4, CIB minus DVD, got more games coming tomorrow so they said bring the receipt and they can apply it to the deal.

I'm amazed how how rare Quarantine has become, I remember when we had multiple copies of it in my store for $20 bucks and no one wanted to buy them.

@Hemi
I'm surprised to hear that some store transferred a rare game like that for you. We spent way too long looking for Twilight Princess on GC for a defective exchange for a customer, had about 5 stores tell me they'd ship it and only ever received one copy.

[quote name='ElementalCrisis']I'm amazed how how rare Quarantine has become, I remember when we had multiple copies of it in my store for $20 bucks and no one wanted to buy them.

@Hemi

I'm surprised to hear that some store transferred a rare game like that for you. We spent way too long looking for Twilight Princess on GC for a defective exchange for a customer, had about 5 stores tell me they'd ship it and only ever received one copy.[/QUOTE]

If this was during 75% off might be why, they probably realzed it'd get less then it costs in shipping.

The price actually was 32 ($9 from 20% coupon and $4.50 from PUR), but it help's when I called every store with it in stock in NY, NJ, PA, FL, and California, none others have shown up yet but fingers crossed they got transfered. More should arrive monday, hoping to pick up the whole dot hack series, especially the G.U's. but left out the first 3, not rare or expensive enough to waste an employee's time transferring it for me.

If anybody happens upon multiple copies of .hack 4 that have the DVD and you just plan to flip them, I'm just missing that DVD, so if you could cannibalize it for me I'd greatly appreciate it.

Right now im trying to hookup another CAG with part 4 (disc only is fine even so he doesn't mind no dvd), if another transfer comes through I will let you know. Not intended to be flipping, just wanted to increase the odds I get all 4 for myself lol, if I get extras that come in I will be spreading the wealth.

Also deader, the G.U'S are a bit more common, tryed to limit them to the stores that also had part 4 quarantine. (If you are seriously looking my local game store I go to, not gs, has G.U 1-3 CIB) so if I dont get enough spare's I can pick them up there for close to GS prices, without any discounts.

Looks like a restock. I managed to snag these.

Tales of the Legendia
Shadow Hearts Covenant
Eternal Poison
Firefighter FD 18
Grandia II
Growlanser Heritage of War
War of the Monsters
Star Ocean Til the End of Time
Radiata Stories
Magna Carta Tears of Blood
Valkyrie Profile 2
Rogue Galaxy

I just wish Rule of Rose would show up!

Picked up some more and filled in a lot of gaps in the ps2 collection

Suikoden IV
Street Fighter Anniversary
Gradius V
Shadow Hearts From the new world
Grandia Xtreme
Arcana Heart

So damn many I want, but they don't have covers available on coverproject. I can't make myself add generic cases to my shelf.

[quote name='Drclaw411']So damn many I want, but they don't have covers available on coverproject. I can't make myself add generic cases to my shelf.[/QUOTE]

Work's in store too, try calling them with stock to see what they have, I got a CIB .hack//part 4 quarantine, CIB... so you never know.

Yo guys, I found a copy of .hack part 3 outbreak with the case but no manual or anime dvd. I ended up picking it up for $10. Is it worth it for? I've never played the games and I figured they sync up, so would I want to start from part 1?

[quote name='ZeroUnderOne']Yo guys, I found a copy of .hack part 3 outbreak with the case but no manual or anime dvd. I ended up picking it up for $10. Is it worth it for? I've never played the games and I figured they sync up, so would I want to start from part 1?[/QUOTE]

It would be better to.

[quote name='ZeroUnderOne']Yo guys, I found a copy of .hack part 3 outbreak with the case but no manual or anime dvd. I ended up picking it up for $10. Is it worth it for? I've never played the games and I figured they sync up, so would I want to start from part 1?[/QUOTE]

Part 1 is available on the website, and part 2 is very easy to find, but yes get them. Part 4 is where you will have trouble finding, goes for $80+ on ebay,

It is a great series, even has some anime's, etc.

First shipment and here are the results. I knew what I was getting into. Thank you cover art project for some help here. Also 2 disc games didn't come in 2 disc cases. luckily I had some extras.

[quote name='Watcher033']Looks like a restock. I managed to snag these.

Tales of the Legendia - Case only
Shadow Hearts Covenant - discs only
Eternal Poison - disc only no soundtrack disc and get this it wasn't even an eternal poison disc just some racing game with eternal poison label glued on. Wow Gamestop....Wow.
Firefighter FD 18 - Case only
Grandia II - Case only
Growlanser Heritage of War - Complete!
War of the Monsters - Complete!
Star Ocean Til the End of Time - discs only
Radiata Stories - case only
Magna Carta Tears of Blood - case only
Valkyrie Profile 2 - case only
Rogue Galaxy - disc only

I just wish Rule of Rose would show up![/QUOTE]

[quote name='Watcher033']First shipment and here are the results. I knew what I was getting into. Thank you cover art project for some help here. Also 2 disc games didn't come in 2 disc cases. luckily I had some extras.[/QUOTE]

The real question is... do they actually all work? ;)

[quote name='Rozz']The real question is... do they actually all work? [/QUOTE]

Lol it's not my fault that happened XD

[quote name='Hemi']Lol it's not my fault that happened XD[/QUOTE]

Haha, I wasn't referring to you man. :lol: I stopped ordering PS2 games from Gamestop.com because a large portion of them are actually from their defective store stock... I'm wondering if all of his stuff actually worked because some of the discs look decent but Gamestop's resurfacing machines often kill the discs.

I got a copy of Street Fighter Anniversary Collection that is disc only. Anyone out there that can hook me up with a cover scan? There surprisingly isn't one on Cover Project.

[quote name='Watcher033']I got a copy of Street Fighter Anniversary Collection that is disc only. Anyone out there that can hook me up with a cover scan? There surprisingly isn't one on Cover Project.[/QUOTE]

1. Go to google.com
2. Type : Street Fighter Anniversary Collection PS2 in search. Hit search.
3. Click on the Images tab
4. The first hit is a hi-res cover for you.
5. Your welcome

bread's done
Back