Photo
- - - - -

What Are Signs That Your PS3 Might Be Dying?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 200STM

200STM

Posted 28 January 2013 - 07:12 PM

I own a 80GB FAT PS3 (From the Motorstorm Bundle) and lately it has been making a small noise while its in standby mode, it has never done that before until the past couple of days. I am coming here for advice to see if CAGs ever had a similar problem that lead to it pretty much becoming unusable. I am going to back up my saves to the cloud and I am thinking of trading it in at gamestop to take advantage of the double credit offer and picking up a crystal white PS3 Type 3. This noise might be a sign that my PS3 is near its end.

#2 shadowkast

shadowkast

Lowball Ban

• Lowball Ban

Posted 28 January 2013 - 08:04 PM

i would agree with your plan of action

#3 brownda1

brownda1

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2013 - 08:18 PM

Sounds like the perfect plan, I traded mine when it started to have troubles ejecting movies and haven't looked back.

Get a Free Xbox One - Join the CAGs Referral Conga Line – Super easy and it works!

:whee: Free iPad Mini/$430. Visit the CAG iPad Mini Conga Line Thread for details. Go Go Go... :whee:

Enter to win a free Xbox One with Dead Rising Three via Splurgy - Please use my referral link: http://splur.gy/r/2N2xX/r/2Ffzf8G23P3

#4 dohdough

dohdough

Sum Dum Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2013 - 02:59 AM

There's really no way of knowing if your PS3 is dying as it just kinda happens. If you're leery about it, your plan seems like a solid one.

#5 knightsdwn

knightsdwn

Beautiful Plastic

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2013 - 03:11 AM

I owned the same PS3 console and had similar issues. Trade it in ASAP before it worsens.

#6 Koopa22

Koopa22

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2013 - 04:29 AM

Save your games to Cloud then trade it

#7 Rosterking

Rosterking

Look away.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2013 - 04:37 AM

Don't forget to deactivate!

#8 Velo214

Velo214

Baby Lili is Here!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2013 - 10:28 PM

yeah my ps3 was perfect for 2 years then playing blops 2 one night and the laser just dies. really no rhyme or reason. my 4 year old 160 gig was still going strong but shaking a bit, so i traded both in to gamestop during double tivs. i got new (used) ps3s through amazon warehouse deals + 2 years warranty for bout $50 more than i traded in old ps3s. great upgrade, especially just for security.

Velo214.png
sig.gif