• Please log in to reply
116 replies to this topic

#1 ShadowAssassin

ShadowAssassin

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2013 - 11:18 PM

http://www.gamestop....f-xillia/107704

Not a deal, but I don't even see this up for pre-order at Amazon yet. I don't know how long it's been up, but I checked a little over a week ago and it wasn't up.

Just a heads up.

#2 Vendetta_x360

Vendetta_x360

♥ 정수연

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2013 - 11:20 PM

Nice I was wondering when this would be put up. Going to pre-order this one in store. :D

Vendetta%20x360.jpg

:3ds: FC: 4957-3481-3976 (PM me if you add so I can add you!)

Currently Playing:  :360: Red Dead, Ghosts :xb1: Watch Dogs

Recently Completed: Wolf Among Us, Walking Dead S2

#3 shadowkast

shadowkast

Lowball Ban

• Lowball Ban

Posted 28 January 2013 - 11:24 PM

these msrp threads are getting old. i know, just don't read it if i don't care. how many msrp threads are on the first two pages though on our 'deals' site?

#4 TooPoor

TooPoor

∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2013 - 11:27 PM

No more local co-op = no buy at full price for me :(
And perhaps we can have a master thread for all MSRP preorders. Or do we already have one?

Edit: keep reading the thread, co op features are...complicated...

Edited by TooPoor, 29 January 2013 - 04:33 AM.

Mathematically Correct.

Use factual statements, logical deductions, mathematical calculations and objective analysis; not rage.

My Trade List

My Lowball!

NI_YA_SHA_BI.png

#5 punkmaggit

punkmaggit

Masashi Hamauzu > you

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2013 - 11:27 PM

these msrp threads are getting old. i know, just don't read it if i don't care. how many msrp threads are on the first two pages though on our 'deals' site?

Posted Image

#6 mbrown3

mbrown3

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2013 - 11:28 PM

As soon as I read this, I thought, "I wonder how long it will be until some wet blanket comes in and complains about this being the deal thread." Turns out, just two replies. I, for one, appreciated the heads up.

#7 ShadowAssassin

ShadowAssassin

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

If it weren't for some MSRP topics, a lot of people may have missed out on some collector's and limited editions. It's not technically a deal, but if you miss out, you'll have to pay out the ass somewhere else for it, so in that regard it saves you money.

This isn't a CE, but it's good to know they are taking pre-orders, and details for potential alternate editions may start to trickle in soon.

#8 exaznkid

exaznkid

Spare Some Change

• CAGiversary!

quietly hoping they have a exclusive offer like a steel book or something

#9 Blaster man

Blaster man

Posted 28 January 2013 - 11:29 PM

If it weren't for some MSRP topics, a lot of people may have missed out on some collector's and limited editions. It's not technically a deal, but if you miss out, you'll have to pay out the ass somewhere else for it, so in that regard it saves you money.

This isn't a CE, but it's good to know they are taking pre-orders, and details for potential alternate editions may start to trickle in soon.

Is this going to be a collector's edition?

#10 PancakesAreLove

PancakesAreLove

Posted 28 January 2013 - 11:31 PM

Going to buy this day one. Not sure whether to buy this at gamestop or to see if they have a collectors edition.

New Years backlog completed: 14/100

EIPsyCongroo.png

#11 ohscaryone

ohscaryone

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2013 - 11:32 PM

I think I am done with Gamestop for good after last week. I picked up my ni no kuni preorder from them on Tuesday and had the sales guy try to keep my steelbook until I finally reminded him it came with that steelbook that was right next to the game when he pulled it out of the drawer then he informed me for an extra $3 they would guarantee my game in the event it didn't work when I got home. So now we have to pay an insurance fee so that they will stand behind the product they sell? Forget that.

#12 IronChariot

IronChariot

In My Country There Is Problem

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2013 - 11:35 PM

No more local co-op = no buy at full price for me :(
And perhaps we can have a master thread for all MSRP preorders. Or do we already have one?

Wha? No more local co-op in Tales? Lame.

#13 nnthomas

nnthomas

meeble meeble

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2013 - 11:36 PM

I like that boxart, if thats the one they go with.
Posted Image

#14 ShadowAssassin

ShadowAssassin

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2013 - 11:36 PM

AFAIK there are no announced special editions for this game yet.

#15 TooPoor

TooPoor

∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2013 - 11:37 PM

Wha? No more local co-op in Tales? Lame.

Yeah, due to the link-arte or whatever it's called, at least that what I heard last time.

I had so much fun experiencing Graces together with the Mrs. Disappointed.

Mathematically Correct.

Use factual statements, logical deductions, mathematical calculations and objective analysis; not rage.

My Trade List

My Lowball!

NI_YA_SHA_BI.png

#16 Blaster man

Blaster man

Posted 28 January 2013 - 11:37 PM

I think I am done with Gamestop for good after last week. I picked up my ni no kuni preorder from them on Tuesday and had the sales guy try to keep my steelbook until I finally reminded him it came with that steelbook that was right next to the game when he pulled it out of the drawer then he informed me for an extra $3 they would guarantee my game in the event it didn't work when I got home. So now we have to pay an insurance fee so that they will stand behind the product they sell? Forget that.

Of course you need insurance, gamestop is selling you their used games as new!

#17 highoffcoffee496

highoffcoffee496

I gotta believe!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2013 - 11:38 PM

Due to Ni No Kuni I don't see myself picking this up right away unless they offer something truly awesome; like a steel book case or something. Otherwise I'm gonna have to wait for a price drop
(\__/)
(='.'=)
This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
(")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.

Posted Image

#18 psihog

psihog

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2013 - 11:38 PM

I hope they offer CE before 3/31 so we can use ni no kuni $20 cancellation code.

#19 IronChariot

IronChariot

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2013 - 11:40 PM

Yeah, due to the link-arte or whatever it's called, at least that what I heard last time.

I had so much fun experiencing Graces together with the Mrs. Disappointed.

That's a shame. I haven't known anyone who's wanted to play local Tales since Symphonia so it doesn't really impact me, but it was still nice to have a multiplayer option in a RPG.

#20 PancakesAreLove

PancakesAreLove

Posted 28 January 2013 - 11:43 PM

A note to all Tales fan. NB said that they looking at Xillia sales to see whether they should continue publishing the series outside of Japan. So if this one doesn't sell well it could mean the end of the Tales series in NA/EU.

EIPsyCongroo.png

#21 biggie2123

biggie2123

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2013 - 11:47 PM

A note to all Tales fan. NB said that they looking at Xillia sales to see whether they should continue publishing the series outside of Japan. So if this one doesn't sell well it could mean the end of the Tales series in NA/EU.

The same thing was said about Xillia. If Tales of Graces didn't sell well, Xillia would not be released in the US. Now we are getting Xillia and I am sure this will outsell Graces so we have nothing to worry about.

#22 Blaster man

Blaster man

Posted 28 January 2013 - 11:49 PM

The same thing was said about Xillia. If Tales of Graces didn't sell well, Xillia would not be released in the US. Now we are getting Xillia and I am sure this will outsell Graces so we have nothing to worry about.

Agreed. I'm not paying full price for this thing unless it's got some kind of super rare special edition. The last game I payed full price for was Xenoblade Chronicles and that's only because I had to. Prior to that...well it had been years.

#23 Indecisive Rattle

Indecisive Rattle

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2013 - 11:49 PM

There IS co-op, just that whoever the link partner is becomes auto-controlled. So it would be easiest to do just 2 player and have each person link with the other two computer controlled party members, or don't use links in 4 player.

#24 Edzo04

Edzo04

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2013 - 11:51 PM

in the past 3-4 years i think ive purchased 2 games in an actual gamestop and both times it took about 20 minutes filled with tons of bullshit. only time i still buy is on the website and thats only for exclusive ce's or a physical preorder bonus. even then they Fuck me. the last 2 games i got from them didnt come with the bonuses and i had to email to get them shipped to me.

#25 TooPoor

TooPoor

∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2013 - 11:57 PM

There IS co-op, just that whoever the link partner is becomes auto-controlled. So it would be easiest to do just 2 player and have each person link with the other two computer controlled party members, or don't use links in 4 player.

Okay I haven't imported the game so I'm confused. So there IS local co-op (except when link is activated or whatnot)? Very much like Graces? TIA.

Mathematically Correct.

My Trade List

My Lowball!

NI_YA_SHA_BI.png

#26 highoffcoffee496

highoffcoffee496

I gotta believe!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2013 - 11:58 PM

Where did you read that?
(\__/)
(='.'=)
This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
(")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.

Posted Image

#27 IronChariot

IronChariot

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2013 - 12:01 AM

I'm definitely getting it. I'd hate to see the series go away again. We already missed too many entries.

#28 PancakesAreLove

PancakesAreLove

Posted 29 January 2013 - 12:08 AM

Where did you read that?

Statement that NB released. I didn't know but it seems like they said that before with Grace F from what Biggy said. Their reasoning with saying that this time they will see how much they sell is because with Grace F they didn't advertise enough so that was expected.

Either way Xillia will sell more because it already has good reviews from Japan and it is a new game than just a port. I'm not sure they actually mean it but I hope not because that would mean one less Jrpg in an already sparse genre.

EIPsyCongroo.png

#29 jedimario

jedimario

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2013 - 12:13 AM

Am I the only one who read this and thought, "Namco also said they were watching the sales of Ni No Kuni to see whether to release a sequel. Seeing all the chaos of Ni No Kuni, perhaps they should spend less time watching sales numbers and more time watching their order forecasting?"

Sure fingers could be pointed at Digital River, but I guess I am left to wonder if you see all these preorders come in how could you be that far out of line with your order fulfillment?

#30 knightsdwn

knightsdwn

Beautiful Plastic

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2013 - 12:16 AM

I think I'll stick to waiting for a price drop like I did with Graces. A sweet preorder bonus will absolutely shatter my stance though.