Posted 29 January 2013 - 08:27 AM

Are you fucking serious?

He was mistaken.

#62 Boss★Moogle

Boss★Moogle

てぃもの魂の伴侶

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2013 - 08:32 AM

Was hoping to find a release date on the product page. I am sad.

Hopefully newegg will come through like they did on graces f.

ostzsk.jpg

#63 MrBonk

MrBonk

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2013 - 08:37 AM

He was mistaken.

I hope so :( I <3 Tales of with all my heart.

I don't want my dreams of someday getting official English versions of games like Rebirth, Destiny 2 or Destiny DC dashed!

#64 PancakesAreLove

PancakesAreLove

Posted 29 January 2013 - 08:38 AM

He was mistaken.

Well NB did say that but it seems like we should take it with a grain of salt since they said the same thing with Grace F.

New Years backlog completed: 14/100

EIPsyCongroo.png

#65 JCrichton

JCrichton

Posted 29 January 2013 - 08:41 AM

Well NB did say that but it seems like we should take it with a grain of salt since they said the same thing with Grace F.

Until there is some kind of official word I'm not going to worry one bit. There is now a track record with the last few Tales games released in the US of selling well and there has been a very public push to keep the localizations coming.

#66 aaronrodgers

aaronrodgers

Yo...Siggy, Phido!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2013 - 09:08 AM

What's the pre-order bonus for this?

95438.png

LT1B2oV.png

#67 anotherpoorgamer

anotherpoorgamer

Bird's Nest Hair

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2013 - 10:16 AM

Should have DLC costumes like Tales of Graces

That would be nice. A soundtrack or some other physical item would also be nice.

#68 RiPPn

RiPPn

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2013 - 11:36 AM

Never played a tales game until a month ago when I picked up graces, and I am in love with the series. I enjoyed the game so much that I platinumed it, and I usually don't do that especially when it took around 80 hours to do. Anyway already snagged Vesperia, and when I heard Ni No was similar snagged it and playing it now. I will then play Vesperia. Xilla is a day 1 purchase for me, but defo not from gamestop. But still appreciate the heads up, thanks op!

125365.png

#69 GDB

GDB

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2013 - 12:29 PM

What's the pre-order bonus for this?

Assuming it's similar to the Japanese version (like Graces was), it'll be a Cress costume for Jude and a Stahn costume for Milla (both costumes include hair styles (you can switch costumes and hair in Xillia, the hair isn't dependent on the costume anymore) and there's at least one attachment (sheathed sword on hip)), and possibly one of those PS3 themes that rotates through the 6 characters.

#70 oasisboy

oasisboy

Posted 29 January 2013 - 02:19 PM

As soon as I read this, I thought, "I wonder how long it will be until some wet blanket comes in and complains about this being the deal thread." Turns out, just two replies. I, for one, appreciated the heads up.

Maybe follow sites like ign.com or gamespot.com so you can keep up with new releases? We are starting to see too many announcements of new games. Should I put a thread if a new Dora game comes out? How do we determine what is worth posting or not?
[IMG]http://http://profile.mygamercard.net/conejo%20mexicano[/IMG]

#71 topplehat

topplehat

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2013 - 02:21 PM

Maybe follow sites like ign.com or gamespot.com so you can keep up with new releases? We are starting to see too many announcements of new games. Should I put a thread if a new Dora game comes out? How do we determine what is worth posting or not?

I agree, do we need a new thread for every game coming out?

OP even says "not a deal" in the first post.

#72 prateeko

prateeko

IN THE BUTT!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2013 - 02:29 PM

Did any of the international releases have a collectors option available? I'm a huge Takes fan

#73 Tsukinikawatte

Tsukinikawatte

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2013 - 02:36 PM

Who actually plays these games in MP?

I will be buying Xillia ASAP

Are you fucking serious?

God damn it I guess Graces F must not have done as well as I'd hoped if this is true... and if it happens not even XSEED could probably convince them to let them bring games over.

Honestly, they missed their biggest opportunities early in the PSP lifecycle and during the PS2's lifecycle for Tales to really shine in the west.

Now days most tales games are a generation behind technologically/graphically. So that doesn't help.
Hell, even FFXII has better texturing than Xillia does. And that's a PS2 game...

No other publisher could get the rights to publish Tales games. Tales games are developed in house byTales studio within Namco Bandai Japan. So in essence if they don't bring them stateside themselves they wouldn't just let another publish do so without a pretty penny.
Items from the other man in Japan! dv8CAG.com
Posted Image

#74 Booj

Booj

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2013 - 02:39 PM

A note to all Tales fan. NB said that they looking at Xillia sales to see whether they should continue publishing the series outside of Japan. So if this one doesn't sell well it could mean the end of the Tales series in NA/EU.

Maybe they should stop making shitty Tales games.

#75 Tsukinikawatte

Tsukinikawatte

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2013 - 02:43 PM

Booj, I have to stop you there. Tales of Xillia isn't your typical Tales of game. Even tales of xillia 2 has a cero c rating which is the equivalent to an M rating here. These two games are a big departure from your regular Tales games. They are well above your average save the world typical power of friendship stuff.
Posted Image

#76 kewlmyc

kewlmyc

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2013 - 02:51 PM

Booj, I have to stop you there. Tales of Xillia isn't your typical Tales of game. Even tales of xillia 2 has a cero c rating which is the equivalent to an M rating here. These two games are a big departure from your regular Tales games. They are well above your average save the world typical power of friendship stuff.

Cero C is 15+, you must be thinking of Cero D which is 17+.

Also, both are still pretty much your standard Tales games storywise. They do make advancements in game mechanics like the Xilla 2 protagonist being silent for the most part and having choices and multiple endings.

#77 Tsukinikawatte

Tsukinikawatte

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2013 - 02:53 PM

oh XD, point is its gone up in age limted, they usually are cero B ratings.
Posted Image

#78 morrodox

morrodox

Hedonistic Iconoclast

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2013 - 03:17 PM

I've been accumulating GameStop gift cards for awhile now. Might have to use one towards this game. But I'll wait until there's an actual release date announced.

#79 mbrown3

mbrown3

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2013 - 04:26 PM

Those are actually my two go-to sites for news (though not for reviews). But, last I checked, they didn't post things like, "X game is now up for order at Gamestop". Give me a break. Let the poster decide what's worth posting. If the rest of the community disagree, that will be stopped pretty quickly. In this case, it seems like there are just a couple that DON'T appreciate this kind of heads up. And my earlier point still stands...why not just ignore these threads?

#80 midlifecrisisMkII

midlifecrisisMkII

Posted 29 January 2013 - 04:58 PM

I've been accumulating GameStop gift cards for awhile now. Might have to use one towards this game. But I'll wait until there's an actual release date announced.

I was at a GS last week and the worker was really pushing me to pre-order titles. He gave me a list of PS3 games coming out and Xillia was listed as 7/2, but he wouldn't say if that was a solid release date. FWIW.

#81 MrBonk

MrBonk

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2013 - 05:01 PM

Following IGN or Gamespot for any reason is a foolish choice.

You are better off following sites like

www.dualshockers.com
http://www.the-magicbox.com/
http://www.eurogamer.net/ (with a grain of salt)
http://www.allgamesbeta.com/

(Feel free to add others that are not IGN and GS)

#82 mbrown3

mbrown3

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2013 - 05:13 PM

www.dualshockers.com

Yeah, yeah, GS and IGN are too commercial, blah blah blah. The truth is, though, they're almost always on top of news first or darn close to first. I don't care about all the other stuff.

#83 Woocls

Woocls

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2013 - 05:18 PM

www.dualshockers.com

What bothers me is that IGN and GS get criticism for selling ad space. But so do all these smaller sites. And those smaller sites are infamous for throwing out high or low ratings just to get hits. I'd rather trust a site that gets it's news first hand and has non-review stories that I'm actually interested in.

#84 kayne2000

kayne2000

All Glory to Tachikoma Paradise

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2013 - 05:29 PM

i for one aprpeciate this thread. i also want to know when the new dora game is coming out thank you very much. for some reason sites like IGN and gamestop don't have info on i guess because it isn't cool like COD. but Dora is my game of the year.

on another note does anyone have a release date??? or know if this is limited preorders?

#85 TooPoor

TooPoor

∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2013 - 06:24 PM

Who actually plays these games in MP?

If your girlfriend/wife is a fan of the series, or just a fan of anime in general, it's a perfect experience.

In Graces F the combat become much more dynamic with two human players (that is why I am asking if Xillia supports that anymore or not), enabling you and your girl to tackle much more difficult challenges. The characters and dialogue is cute enough to keep her entertained. And both of you will experience the depth of the characters and have your own favorites, laugh and (figuratively) cry together as the story goes along.

I highly recommend you trying it with local co op.

Mathematically Correct.

Use factual statements, logical deductions, mathematical calculations and objective analysis; not rage.

My Trade List

NI_YA_SHA_BI.png

#86 elessar123

elessar123

96.5% more WUB WUB

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2013 - 06:43 PM

In Graces F the combat become much more dynamic with two human players (that is why I am asking if Xillia supports that anymore or not), enabling you and your girl to tackle much more difficult challenges.

I think that depends on the difficulty you play it on, and the skill level of you and said GF. If the skill levels are vastly different, one will either be bored to tears, or the other one struggling to survive fights.

#87 Woocls

Woocls

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2013 - 06:58 PM

If your girlfriend/wife is a fan of the series, or just a fan of anime in general, it's a perfect experience.

In Graces F the combat become much more dynamic with two human players (that is why I am asking if Xillia supports that anymore or not), enabling you and your girl to tackle much more difficult challenges. The characters and dialogue is cute enough to keep her entertained. And both of you will experience the depth of the characters and have your own favorites, laugh and (figuratively) cry together as the story goes along.

I highly recommend you trying it with local co op.

In college, some friends and I played through symphonia 4 player. It was awesome and tons of fun. I loved that each character had its own play style and they combined in different days to allow everyone to feel like they were helping.

#88 TooPoor

TooPoor

∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2013 - 07:02 PM

I think that depends on the difficulty you play it on, and the skill level of you and said GF. If the skill levels are vastly different, one will either be bored to tears, or the other one struggling to survive fights.

Yep, a basic strategy for Graces F though: if your GF is not a good player, then use Malik and use long-rang support artes. Middle ranged GF can use Hubert and engage in mid-distance and engage when necessary. My wife used Hubert because she absolutely adores him :D

Mathematically Correct.

Use factual statements, logical deductions, mathematical calculations and objective analysis; not rage.

My Trade List

NI_YA_SHA_BI.png

#89 elessar123

elessar123

96.5% more WUB WUB

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2013 - 07:20 PM

Yep, a basic strategy for Graces F though: if your GF is not a good player, then use Malik and use long-rang support artes. Middle ranged GF can use Hubert and engage in mid-distance and engage when necessary. My wife used Hubert because she absolutely adores him :D

Might do a playthrough 3 on nightmare. Still not sure if GF can handle it, even with Malik. Might use Cheria myself, since I played as Asbel and Sophie for the first 2.

#90 Katsumi

Katsumi

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2013 - 08:44 PM

My first Tales game was Vesperia and I have since played Graces f and Xillia and I honestly wouldn't be enjoying them so much without the multiplayer :) Sure, the multiplayer is only in combat, but if your friends / family enjoy the story, it makes for a fun experience :) They are great on their own, but it's always more fun with 2+ people!

Kat_Siggy80.png Katsumica.png